Endless Bounds

By Dream-Writes

A young quirkless boy bullied his whole life finally gives in to the evils of the world. But to do so, he dis... More

Chapter 1 (Deku)
Chapter 2 (Bakugou)
Chapter 3 (Deku)
Chapter 4 (Bakugou)
Chapter 5 (Bakugou)
Chapter 7 (Bakugou)
Chapter 8 (Deku)
Chapter 9 (Bakugou)
Chapter 10 (Deku)
Chapter 11 (Bakugou) Part 1
Chapter 11 (Bakugou) Part 2
Chapter 11 (Bakugou) Part 3
Chapter 11 (Bakugou) Part 4
Chapter 12 (Deku)
Chapter 13 (Bakugou)
Chapter 14 (Deku) part 1
Chapter 14 (Deku) Part 2
Chapter 14 (Deku) part 3
Chapter 15 (Class-1A)
Chapter 16 (Deku)
Chapter 17 (Bakugou)
Chapter 18 (Deku)
Chapter 19 (Bakugou)
Chapter 20 (Deku)

Chapter 6 (Deku)

218 6 0
By Dream-Writes

SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING THIS NEXT CHAPTER SOONER BUT HERE YOU GUYS GO!

Deku stares out at the tower filled horizon with glassy eyes, the setting sun filling the sky with pinks and oranges. Standing on the small wall around the edge of the building roof, he closes his eyes. The slight breeze ruffles his hair, causing it to tickle against his forehead.

He's so tired. Tired of it all.

Why does no one believe in him? Not even his own mother does. The person he always looked up to the most tells him to go die, his classmates and teachers laugh at his dreams. . . There is not a single person who doesn't tell him he can't do it. Not a single person who doesn't look down on him.

He opens his eyes and looks out to the city below. Racing cars, dots of people walking about their day carefree, lights flashing on as the night grows closer.

An explosion sounds through the air, catching Deku's attention. Sirens ring through the night and black smoke grows in the distance. Hero's from all around start running through the streets towards the commotion, shouting as they go.

Instinctively, Deku jumps off the ledge and reaches for his bag. But he stops as his fingers wrap around the straps. What's the point? It's not like he can help. It's like Kacchan always says, he's just a quirkless nerd who can't do anything.

Deku lets go of his bag and turns back to the view.

I'll just get in everyone's way.

He watches as the smoke slowly grows bigger and bigger. More sirens fill his ears and less and less people crowd the streets as they migrate to newest villain fight.

Deku bunches his fists, scowling at the world around him. I should just give up on this stupid dream.

"Whachya doing?"

"Hm?" Deku tears his eyes away and looks behind him.

A blond-haired girl in a tan school uniform is staring at him, her hand behind her back. "You aren't going to check out what's going on?"

Deku narrows his eyes. You aren't either so why do you care about what I do? "What's the point," he says rather coldly.

"I don't know," the girl says, cocking her head to the side. "I just figured all kids like you were interested in that stuff to become a pro hero."

"Don't go assuming that sort of stuff about people you don't know. And what about you? Why aren't you over there?"

The girl walks over and jumps on the ledge, walking along it with her arms spread wide for balance as she hums as if thinking. "Not interested I guess," she finally says. She walks past Deku a few steps then jumps back down. "We're the same like that," she adds with a smile.

Deku looks down at her words. The same? Yeah right. How are they the same? She may not be interested in becoming a hero and he may be done with that foolish dream but. . . the chances of her being like him. . . She can be whoever she wants to. She can be strong, make a name for herself, have any dream she wants.

"What," the girl bends over and looks at Deku, her head hanging to the side. "don't tell me you do want to be a hero?"

"Of course I want to. But it's not that simple."

"Why not-hang on, do you not have a quirk?"

Deku shrinks, bringing his shoulders up as he winces. "Go on," he says. "what are you waiting for? Laugh."

"Why would I laugh?" Deku's eyes widen in disbelief as he raises his head, and the girl turns to the view. "Quirks aren't everything you know. Can't you still achieve your dreams without them?"

His breath catches and tears start to well up. She has no idea how much those words mean to him. How long he's waited to hear those words.

"Plus, the way I see it," she continues, her voice losing all enthusiasm. "heroes are overrated. We all have secrets to hide, blood on our hands one way or another, skeletons in our closets, scars under our clothes. Who is it that gets to decide the good ones? Heroes and villains. We are all the same. One is only evil because people decided they aren't valid." The girl faces Deku, a smile forced on her face. "So, what's a quirk anyways?" She extends her arm, hand open. "I'm Himiko. Himiko Toga."

For so long he's waited for someone to tell him he doesn't need a quirk. Finally, someone does, someone is telling him. Here is someone who believes in him, a stranger. Someone who is telling him, he's okay the way he is.

He knows who she is, the way she was talking about heroes and villains, he's not stupid. And yet. . . this stranger, this. . . villain is showing him more kindness than any hero—aspiring or otherwise—ever has given him.

"I'm Izuku Midoriya," Deku says as he extends his own hand.

* * * *

He wasn't planning on dragging this thing on. A simple one on one to put him in his place. But after seeing that look on his face, seeing how pitiful Bakugou's become, he wouldn't give Bakugou the satisfaction.

The minute he had seen Bakugou, he was filled with so much excitement. But through all that excitement he couldn't help but feel absolutely disgusted at the sight of his face. At that mouth that spat so much more than insults.

And those eyes. . . why do those damn eyes look so miserable. He should be angry to see the one person he wanted dead alive. Not on his knees in tears at the sight of me.

Who was it that always saw him as nothing but an annoying little insect, looking down on him for being weak? Who was it that wanted him to fall off the face of the earth and die?

Bakugou.

It was always Bakugou.

So why is it that that same person is crying, acting like the one closest to him has just risen from the dead?

Deku scoffs and cocks his head at All Might. If All Might is here than Shigaraki and Kurogiri failed. "Looks like my role here is done." He steps back into the fire, letting it's flames surround and conceal him. He watches as All Might picks up Bakugou's body and leaps away.

But. . . He narrows his eyes, looking closer at All Might. His entire body is trembling, he's greatly wounded in his side, and a great deal of steam is coming from his body.

Seems they managed to deal a fair amount of damage.

"Kurogiri, what's the situation?"

"Nomu has been defeated," Kurogiri says in Deku's ear. "The pro's came before we could finish All Might off, we were forced to retreat."

"Seeing as I'm watching him take off with my prey, I already know that. What else?"

"Shigaraki is injured, gunshot wounds. Other than that, we're fine."

"Send him to All For One."

"And you?"

Deku cocks his head, listening as the sound of sirens pile on. "Just get me out of here. I don't think I can without being seen."

Not a second later, a warp gate appears behind him. Deku steps through to the upturned city outside; cop cars, ambulances, and heroes all gathered around the front of the USJ.

The sounds of chaos fade as he makes his way through the forest. So that's what happened to it. Deku watches from a distance as a group of policemen load up and take away their Nomu, turning a blind eye as they give the signal to move out. It's a shame. Such a waste of perfect quirks and a near-perfect experiment.

It's not like he can't do anything. He can set it free if he wants to. Taking off the restrains would be no problem and it's not like the people would prove to be much of an issue—it's quite the opposite actually. It's just. . . after that pitiful display, he's not in the mood to deal with those people.

Deku walks deeper into the forest, putting as much distance between him and the USJ as possible. He'll deal with that problem when it becomes one.

Before he knows it, the city becomes the thing that surrounds him. The sun continues to creep its way across the sky and everything is the same. The normal disarray that comes with life in this city has the streets teeming with civilians and noise. Other than the occasional screen projecting the latest villain attack on a school causing clamor among the crowds, there is no news or action regarding what just transpired.

Deku frowns as he walks through the city, casting casual glances around him occasionally. No identities have been released to the press, not even his. He hadn't hurt Bakugou too much so he should be conscious by now. If Bakugou really cares all that much about him being alive, his long-forgotten face along with the LOV should be on every screen by now. He may be a quirkless nobody to this place, but they take pride in keeping its citizens safe and out of the hands of villains.

With the thought of his face resurfacing on this world, Deku's mind turns to his mother. If that happens, his mom will finally wake up from the reality she is living. She'll finally get out of that house, out of that bed. She'd see the sun again, smile again, laugh again. She'd have her life back.

Deku stops in front of his old home and looks at the door.

But that also means she would try to get answers. She'd get herself in trouble, running after him no matter where he is.

Not only that, but the image of her perfect little boy would dissolve and die. No more of that innocent son who runs around the house playing hero. No more of that son whose favorite video is one of All Might saving all those people and whose bedroom is decorated from head to toe in All Might. The sweet boy who cares about everyone around him, even a bully, gone.

She'd see a shell that looks like her son but witness someone else entirely in control.

She'd see him and see nothing she knows.

Looking for her boy, she'd find a villain instead. . .

And he's not ready for that, not yet.

Sighing, Deku pushes forward, shoving his past to the back of his mind. Who he is now and who he used to be, it doesn't matter anymore. His mother could beg and plead and kick and scream. But the fact is, the old him is dead. And there is nothing he can do to change that.

All that's left for him to do now, is to finish what he and All For One started.

Deku looks around the abandoned factory Toga likes to hang around so much. "Toga, you here?" His words echo through out the building, light clinking from above soon following.

"Where else would I be silly?" Toga answers with a smile as she lands in front of him. "What is it?"

Even after an attack like that, the school won't shut down the biggest event in Japan. It's not logical nor is it practical. It's only weak.

"I've got a favor to ask."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
417 14 8
'He must be scared of you, Midoriya! Scaredy, Cat-suki!' In this AU, we have Mean!Deku and Nice!Bakugo. It has always been like this, Bakugo being th...
86.1K 3.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, he was ignored by everyone even his family. One fateful night the boy was by a villain. The villain lead him to...
105K 2.2K 22
Izuku Midoriya has never felt more confused. Being a villain has taught him to never get attached to anyone, because they'll either end up betrayi...