Crush, No, Crushed

By monkeybaby7

Love confessions change everything. But not with Ruth and her best friend, Les. When Ruth finally plucks up t... More

Crush, No, Crushed
chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6(part one)
chapter 6(part two)
chapter 7( rly short but i'll add more later)
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13(wow already? yay!)
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16 (part 1)
chapter 16 (part 2)
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
teaser :p
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28 (part 1)
Chapter 28 (part 2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (part 2)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 part 1
Chapter 33 Part 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 part 1
Chapter 36 part 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 part 1
Chapter 40 part 2
Chapter 40 part 3
Epilogue
Alternate Ending part 1
Alternate Ending part 2

Chapter 31(part 1)

71.6K 549 162
By monkeybaby7

So this is just the first part, its not the whole chapter. I felt that I was taking too long so I wanted to give you something to chew on. I will  be writing the rest of the chapter as soon as I can, then getting it out. Sorry for taking so long. I've been having writer's block and I am really bad with procrastination. I'm working on it though! Enjoy, vote, comment :)

*Sorry for errors, I edited quickly

Butterflies instantly swarmed my stomach as his warm lips met mine. Not even a second later, Nate put his hand on my back and pulled me closer to him. We were so close that I could feel his heart beat through his chest. And amazingly, it's about as sporadic as mine.

            I wrapped my arms around his neck and lean in closer, deepening the kiss. My face began to heat up and I knew that it was only a matter of time before I lost my nerve and pulled away. As I thought that, I became insanely terrified and I pulled back. I left my eyes closed, afraid of what would happen if I opened them. There was silence for a few seconds before I felt Nate's hand on my cheek. I had no clue what to say or do, so the only thing I do is bite my lip and wait for him to say something.

            The warm tickling of his breath on my face told me that he still leaning into me.

            "Ruth," he says my name quietly.

            I slowly opened my eyes to see Nate's face inches away and his blue eyes intensely staring into mine. My heart skipped a beat at the small smile that was on his lips and my cheeks burned from nervousness and embarrassment.

            Nate chuckled and I gave him a confused and scared look. My mind started to race and jump to conclusions. Why is he laughing? Am I a bad kisser? Did he just kiss me to tease me?

            As if he was reading my mind, Nate smirks and says, "There you go blushing again. Why do you always blush around me, huh?"

            "Shut up," I mumbled looking away from him.

            He leaned even closer to me, resting his forehead on mine. I had to force myself to keep breathing.

            "Oh, I know. It's because you like me." Nate said as if he just realized something that was so obvious that he couldn't believe he didn't see it earlier.

            I turned my head back to I could look him square in the eyes. He was staring back, waiting for my answer.

            When I didn't say anything his smirk grew, "Aren't you going to deny it?"

            "No."

            "Why not?"

            "Because, that would be a lie." I answered, hoping that he would not start laughing.

            His smirk fell into a soft smile and he tilted his head up to give me a quick, sweet kiss on the lips.

            "Good, because I like you too."

            Nate and I spent the next few hours watching TV in his room until we heard the front door close rather loudly. Getting up, we let go of each other's hand and let them lay limply beside our bodies. We smiled at each other before going downstairs to see if Nicole was back from her date with Holden.

            I followed close behind Nate as we walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Instead of finding Nicole, we saw their mom taking out a package of rice cakes and getting a drink of water. When she turned to us, her made up face was expressionless as she stared at Nate then dragged her eyes to me for a second before focusing back to Nate.

            "Who is she and why are you two alone in my house?" She asked raising her eyebrow in angry suspicion.

            "Hello to you too Mom." Nate rolled his eyes and went to the refrigerator.

            "Don't be smart with me, Nathan. You know there should be none of that in my house." She looked back to me with a disgusted scowl on her lips.

            I was about two seconds from either running out of the house or yelling at her for indicating things that were totally out of bounds.

            "Mom, jeez. We were just watching TV while waiting for Nicole to get back from her date." Nate explained.

            "Date? What date?" His mom asked confused.

            "The date Nicole told you about a week ago. Don't you remember? She was so excited about it." he reminded.

            "No, I don't remember. Why didn't you say anything about it Nathan?" She asked before taking a bite of the rice cake.

            Nate turned to me and let out an exasperated sigh before continuing on with the conversation he was having with his mother.

            "We did. You know what, whatever. Ruth and I are just going to go wait in the living room for Nicole to get back." He said dejectedly.

            She mumbled something and went back to getting her drink, ignoring us as we left the kitchen and went into the living room.

            Nate was quiet as we sat down on the couch and I didn't know what to say. We sat in an awkward silence for a minute before the front door opened again and closing less harshly then before. Nate and I both stood up and walked to the foyer where we saw Nicole taking off her coat and placing it on the coat rack.

            "So, how was it?!" I hopped over to her excitedly.

            I laughed when she jumped two feet in the air and put her hand over her heart.

            "Ruth! What are you still doing here?" Nicole asked, raising her eyebrow at me, and then looking at Nate.

            I smiled, "Just hanging with Nate and waiting for you to get back from your date."

            "Oh. Good." She gave me a big smile as her eyes twinkle mysteriously.

            "So, how was it? Where did he bring you? What did you do? How-"

            "Did he kiss you?" Nate interrupted me with a threatening look on his face.

            Nicole shot a glare at him then turned back to me and I chuckled at him.

            She started to walk into the living room and Nate and I followed her.

            "It was nice. He brought me to this Italian restaurant then we went to this concert at a club. And no. He didn't kiss me." She added to the end giving Nate a hard look.

            My face lit up, "You had fun then?"

            "Mhm." She smiled softly, her eyes darting around the room.

            "Well, I'm pretty tired. I think I'm going to head up to bed. I'll talk to you later Ruth." Nicole said getting up from the couch.

            I frowned at her back as she left the living room, "Night."

            "I think something happened." I told Nate who was sitting across from me with a bewildered frown on his face.

            He nodded his head, "Me too."

            "I'll talk to her about it tomorrow. But I think I'm going to go home now, it's getting late."

            "Okay, I'll walk you out." Nate said standing up with me and walking back into the foyer.

            Nate opened the door for me and I walked out onto the steps. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to give him a hug or a kiss but I didn't want it to be awkward. I was so happy how things turned out tonight that I wanted to keep it up. I didn't want to mess something up that could only just be starting.

            "Well, I guess I'll see you later." I said watching him stand in the doorway.

            "Yep. See ya." He agreed running his hand through his hair and biting his lip.

            I smiled and leaned over and kissed his cheek. He grinned at me and waved as I turned to leave.

            "Hey Ruth. I was thinking. Would you want to hang out tomorrow?" He suddenly asked from behind me.

            I turned back around slowly trying to find some way to explain.

            "I'd love to. But...uh, you see..."

            "I get it. You want to hang out with Les." He gave me a sad smile.

            "Uh, yeah." I sighed and gave him a sympathetic smile back.

            "Hey, I know. How about you and Les come over here and we can bowl or something? He can invite Gary and Brad and Nicole can invite what's his face." Nate suggested.

            "Holden, you mean?" I laughed.

            "Sure. But what do you say?" He asked hopeful.

            "I'd say that sounds like a great idea." He grinned widely, "But are you sure you are okay with it?" I asked referring to him and Les being in the same room together.

            He laughed, "If I wasn't okay with it would I have suggested it?"

            I thought about it, "Yes you would." I said seriously.

            He stopped laughing and looked directly at me, "It's cool."

            I smiled, "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then."

            "Awesome."

            "Wonderful."

            "Excellent."

            "Tremendous."

            "Magnificent!"

            I couldn't help but to start laughing and Nate joined along. Before I knew what I was doing I leaned over again and kissed him on the lips.

            I pulled back blushing, "See ya."

            "Yep see ya." He smiled.

~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 702 18
#1 in poetry 14/03/19!!! #3 in the Diamond Star Awards Poetry :) Short listed in the Page is Printed UK 2017 :)) Six words turned into six poems. NB...
540K 1.8K 116
This is a list of stories that I loved and that I'm recommend reading. So look through the list and choose a story to read I hope you like it :) I'll...
2.2K 228 45
In the most unexpected of ways, Tajana encounters her past after years of having put it behind. With her life turned upside down, she finds herself w...
275K 6.7K 99
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...