π‚πˆπ‚π€π“π‘πˆπ™π„ οΌƒ YOUR THR...

By vollerie

𓂃 δΈ­ THERE WAS NO game that i wasn't set out to win . 𓂃 β΄° ࣭͘ οΉ«vollerie ! all rights reserved . β­‘Β« [... More

FOREWORD 𓍯
CHAPTER 01: HER
CHAPTER 02: ROSE
CHAPTER 03: ALONE
CHAPTER 4: COMPETITION
CHAPTER 05: ROCIELLE
CHAPTER 07 : WARMTH
CHAPTER 08: ROYAL BALL
CHAPTER 09: RECKLESS
CHAPTER 10: FEELINGS
CHAPTER 11: CHANCES
CHAPTER 12: WAR
CHAPTER 13: WAR [II]
CHAPTER 14: PERSPECTIVE
CHAPTER 15: END.
( 00 ) CLAIR DE LUNE .
CHAPTER 16: SALON
CHAPTER 17: NEGOTIATIONS
CHAPTER 18: APOLOGIES
CHAPTER 19: THORNS
CHAPTER 20: DECEIT
CHAPTER 21: SOVEREIGN
CHAPTER 22: CORONATION
( 00 ) A/N +SIDE STORIES 𓍯
{ MIDSUMMER PROMISES }
{ LA NIEVE }

CHAPTER 06: TO THE STARS

770 56 13
By vollerie

[ let's not play the song yet hm?
just so it can match the vibe later
on !~ ]

ROCIELLE WALKED IN FRONT OF ME , as we were at a park. It was a quick visit a day before my birthday, we left the picnic to our servants and strolled around.

Rocielle halted when she finally found the lake, "We're finally here!" I pursed my lips, crossing my arms. "This is Starlit Lake?"

"Yes! It has a really great view when it is evening, we should've visited at night time.." Rocielle childishly pouted, but shrugged it anyways. "I also heard that, your wish will come true here!"

"How?" I curiously asked, walking beside her. "It's simple, throw a coin or a item you took a liking too. Then like it's name, the stars will hear your wish."

"But we still don't know if it's true though," Rocielle dryly chuckled, rubbing her nape lightly. "Why not give it a try?" I turned to a attendant, as he swiftly grabbed a coin.

I gave Rocielle the other one, as I held onto mine. "Three, two, one!" The brunette beside me tossed the coin into the waters, before intertwining her hands together.

I tossed my coin into the lake, watching the water splash. I closed my eyes, murmuring a quiet wish. "What did you wish for?"

Rocielle excitedly questioned, cupping her face. "For the prosperity of the empire?──" Rocielle's excited expression disappeared, lightly punching my shoulder.

"What? Asteria! You are so boring," Rocielle lend me another coin, while she crossed her arms. Impatiently tapping the floor, "Tell me your wish first."

"After you make a proper wish!" Rocielle whined, with a pout painted over her face. I scoffed, before tossing the coin into the waters. "So?"

"I wished for the happiness of my loved ones, and close friends." I gestured for her to speak next, "I wish for the one I love to reciprocate my feelings.."

Rocielle said in a dreamy voice, "Really? You never told me you liked someone?" Rocielle nodded swiftly, before rambling about his appearance. "If you keep on rambling about his appearance, Cielle. I might just search for him,"

I mumbled jokingly, which caused the female to halt suddenly and shook my shoulders. "Wait, don't please! I'll tell you about him tomorrow!"

.

.

.

IT WAS THE DAY OF MY BIRTHDAY BANQUET , I actually didn't know what their plan was since it was a surprise. Even Medea refused to tell anything, so I was left in the dark about that.

Though I wasn't mad, was just curious. Even the servant had to stop me from taking a peak, Eros mainly organized everything and so far I hadn't heard from any of them.

Eva lightly placed a rosy color of lipstick on my lip, as she finished doing the eye shadow. My makeup was only light, since they insisted I looked beautiful without it anyways.

I was already dressed in a a-cut off-shoulder royal blue gown, a large ribbon tied at the back. Rocielle personally designed herself. A sapphire-gem necklace adorned my neck, which matched the earrings that was hung on my ears.

"You like a angel, Your Highness!" Eva complimented, as the others did as well. "I'm sure all of the males tonight will be mesmerized by your beauty, Your Highness!"

"Prince Eros and Princess Asteria sure is beautiful, it must be in their genes." The servant winked jokingly, as I covered my mouth in a attempt to stifle my laugh. Eva lend me a mask, as she was dressed in her noble attire as well. "Why do I need this mask?"

"It just goes with your outfit, You'll take it off just after a few minutes." Eva flashed a sweet smile, as I nodded.

"Let's go," We arrived at the Banquet Hall, where the celebration was said to be. The tall mahogany doors that towered over us opened, The sweet scent of strawberries filled my nostrils.

The guests all bowed in sync, as I glanced around the room. It's grand decorations mesmerized me, multiple bundle of red roses were placed at the middle of the tables that had a pure white clothe draped over it. The golden linings, and exquisite feeling didn't go unnoticed.

On the other side, were the musicians that held their respective instruments that I assumed for the dancing. I walked down the long carpet, as I gestured for them to lift their heads.

Eros walked towards us, his hair styled to other side. Small stray strands of his blue hair hung across his forehead, He was dressed in a white button-up polo that had a gray vest layered on top of it. A fancy fur-coat draped over his slender build, a proud smile plastered over his face.

He held the black mask in his hands, as he halted in front of me. Eros gave me a swift embrace, which I returned. "Happy Birthday sister, I hope you enjoy this day." Eros formally greeted, I lightly hit his shoulder with no intention of hurting him. "Thank you, Eros. I appreciate it, the decorations are wonderful."

I took off the mask that was placed neatly on my face, as the nobles gaped at my appearance. Multiple compliments were heard across the room, as Eros lend his hand to me which I accepted, We walked towards the throne that was specially placed for me.

"Now that Asteria is here. Let the celebration begin!" Eros announced, as the crowd cheered joyously. A certain purple haired female walked towards me, dressed in a lavish dress that had various golden designs embroidered onto it.

"Happy Birthday, Ria." Medea did a curtsy, lifting the dress with her slender fingers before raising her head. She gestured the attendant beside her to give the present, as Medea stepped forward. "Here is my gift this year,"

I stood up, accepting the gift with a excited grin. It was on a red pillow, with a red clothe draped over it. The shape was quite obvious, but I was still excited. A extravagant bow appeared, as I took off the clothe.

I lifted it up, taking note of the smooth barnished birch wood. A sapphire gem was also embedded onto it, small designs carved into it. Not only was the design beautiful, it was sturdy as well.

"Thank you, Lady Solon. This is a wonderful present," A genuine smile made it's way to my face, before glancing behind her. Medea swiftly noticed that, "Brother will be here soon, don't worry."

[ play the song now! i'd suggest reading it slowly, then enjoy ! <33 ]

On cue, the tall mahogany doors opened. Everyone went silent as they gazed at the Young Lord of the Solon household. Dekis had a bouquet of red roses in his hand, before confidently walking down the corridor. "Show-off," I heard Eros mumble, as I lightly hit his shoulder stifling my giggle.

Dekis wore a lavishly designed black tuxedo, a amethyst gem brooch clipped onto the pure-white cravat. His blackish-purple hair swept across his pale face, Medea stepped aside to not be in the way. The male bowed, as I beckoned for him to lift his head up swiftly.

Dekis reached for my hand, placing a chaste kiss on it. The young females squealed at the gesture, while I remained unfazed. "Happy Birthday, Ria."

He greeted, a smile gracing his features. Dekis stared into my amber-colored orbs, "Thank you, Lord Solon." Dekis soon turned, gesturing for a servant to bring his gift.

My eyes quickly lit up, clapping my hands together like a kid excited for candy. The red clothe was removed, my amber colored eyes widening. I was completely shocked when the rare gem was shown, Even the Imperial Family couldn't even get a hold of that.

It was embedded into a hair ornament, pleasantly shaped. I once read in a book, that this gem can only be found on a rare biome. So to think that he'd get a hold of this, 'The Solons are really showing off their wealth, huh?'

I blinked, before accepting the gift wholeheartedly. The lingering shock was still inside me, as I simply stared at him. "This is such a extravagant gift, Lord Solon. I'm genuinely surprised,"

"Hm? That's great Your Highness." Dekis smiled, as I felt their stares directed upon us. I beckoned Eva to take it and place it in my room, along with the bow Medea gave me. Although the other presents simply stayed here,

Dekis lend me the bouquet of roses, I took a velvet-colored rose slowly. The flowery and light scent filled my nostrils, as the nobles resumed to chattering with each other.

"I genuinely don't know how brother got a hold of that." I heard Medea whisper to me, as I shook my head lightly in response. "I'm still in shock too,"

I mumbled, as Medea gave me a swift glance. "He was being quite extra in his gift, If I must say. That's most likely why he's been pondering in thought for a few days." Medea said in a relaxed tone, ruffling her dark locks.

Silence slowly started to engulf the room, as the instrument slowly played in a steady yet carefree rhythm. I turned my head to the part where it was specifically for dancing, as the guests slowly walked towards there.

"I'm going to grab a drink." Medea walked away, as I nodded slowly. Many young men were asking me for a dance, and tried to shoot theirs shots at me. Yet I simply declined, I could care less about the dancing part.

A pale hand appeared in front of me, as my gaze met with his. My mouth slowly went agape in disbelief, "Care to take a dance with me, Your Highness?" Dekis asked smoothly, with a carefree smile painted over his face.

"Gladly, Lord Solon." I went along with it, without noticing my lips tugged upwards in a small smile. The envious gazes of the men were directed at Dekis, he was quite lucky to dance with the star of the ball tonight.

I held Dekis's hand, For once.. I just want to enjoy tonight, without worrying about the public's opinion. The nobles swiftly made space, for us to join.

I placed my hand on his broad shoulders, averting my gaze. I noticed a unusual color of red hair in the crowd, who simply waved at me. My golden eyes widened in response, as I saw him grin.

"Why are you not looking at me, Asteria. Don't tell me you're getting all flustered on me now," Dekis said teasingly, lifting my chin up to face him. 'This jerk!'

I thought inwardly, even though I restrained myself from blushing it was evident on my ears. Dekis noticed that and chuckled, before placing a hand on my waist.

"You look dashing tonight," Dekis complimented sincerely, although the cheeky tone didn't go unnoticed. I squinted my eyes, stroking his cheek. "Tell me something I don't know, Dekis."

Our steps slowly became synchronized, as the strums of the guitars resounded across the vast room. Even though the music was loud, I still heard the faint beating of my heart.

Dekis noticed how Asteria averted her gaze every time, as she glanced at the crowd which confused the male. Asteria turned elegantly, as Dekis pulled her lightly back which startled her.

From practicing together ever since they were younger, they memorized each other swiftly. It didn't have any mistakes, as they danced to the carefree rhythm of the music. He wasn't forcing Asteria to follow his every step yet still guided her, that attractive smile never leaving his lips.

Dekis leaned in to whisper to her ear, his dancing was flawless so was the princess's. The guests can only watch in awe at how they become one with the song, every step was in sync. It was safe to say that it was perfect, how they displayed their emotions, from every step.

"Asteria, focus." Dekis whispered in a low voice, as Asteria snapped out of her trance. Their gazes finally locking, without the female looking away. Asteria twirled around, her skirt shifting along with her.

Asteria didn't feel a ounce of uneasiness from the stares they were receiving, whether it'd be from envy or awe. She didn't care, Asteria truly wanted to enjoy this night. A certain brunette watched, her mouth agape.

Medea who had just returned from getting her drink, quickly noticed Asteria and her brother's figure on the dance floor. Medea arched a brow, taking a sip from the fruity drink. Medea went beside Rocielle, who was just gaping at them. "Cielle?"

Rocielle snapped out of her trance, swiftly shaking her head. "M-Medea!" Rocielle called, her pupils shrunk. The brunette fumbled with the hem of her skirt, as Medea saw right through her. 'You were quite obvious Cielle..'

Medea added in her thoughts, just as she was about to respond Eros suddenly asked for a dance. Medea had no choice but to accept, leaving without saying a word to Rocielle.

"I'm getting tired," Asteria mumbled quietly, as Dekis chuckled. His gaze stayed on her, yet still knew where he was going on the dance floors. Asteria allowed Dekis to guide her, as it's been awhile since they danced together.

"Really? That's unusual." Dekis responded, as Asteria pouted lightly. Trying her best to not be distracted, especially when she saw her mischievous cousin in the crowds. "I don't know why too━"

Asteria accidentally stepped on Dekis's foot, making her stumble a few steps backwards. Her pupils shrunk, as she was about to fall. Dekis wrapped his arm around Asteria's lower back, as the female tried to act naturally.

She pulled herself up, a light hue of pink spreading across her cheeks in embarrassment. They slowly become in sync again, with one last turn. The music slowly ended,

A loud applause from the guests echoed, still speechless from their wonderful performance. Although the fall looked natural to others, some still might've saw how Asteria stepped on Dekis's foot.

Both Asteria and Dekis bowed at each other, as she heard the faint chuckle that left the male's lips. Which embarrassed her further more, Asteria pursed her lips diverting her gaze. 'Now that's over, where is Perion. I know I saw him,'

Asteria thought, narrowing her eyes. Before disappearing into the crowd, she soon spotted the red-haired male who was busy enjoying himself with the refreshments. "Happy Birthday, cousin of mine."

Perion greeted, a little bit too joyous in his tone. Yet, Asteria paid no mind to him. "How'd you even get here?" Asteria straightly questioned, tapping her forearm impatiently.

"Wow, you two siblings really hold grudges against me huh? Do you and Eros hate me that much?" Perion feigned innocence, as Asteria pinched his ear lightly pulling on it. The red-haired male groaned, which made the nearest guests glance at them.

Asteria retrieved her hand, before grabbing a fruity beverage that the servant prepared. Asteria heaved a quiet sigh, as Perion glanced at her. "Exhausted from the dancing?"

"Yes," The navy-blue haired female responded, crossing her arms. Perion was probably the other person Asteria tolerated in the family, aside from her brother. Although both of them had like a rivaling relationship. "I mean, don't you think the male's foot would've hurt more once you stepped on it?"

Asteria grimaced at what he said, glaring at him sharply. "You didn't see anything." Asteria feigned calmly, hiding the venom laced in her tone. Perion chuckled, as Asteria left his side. "I hope you enjoy the banquet, Perion."

Asteria smiled, before searching for Rocielle. She vividly remembered that Rocielle will tell her the man she likes this evening, and she was excited to hear it. Asteria decided to go out to the balcony for some fresh air.

Rocielle soon came after, as Asteria turned to her. "You took your time, Rocielle."  Asteria smiled warmly, as Rocielle forced a smile.

"Happy birthday, Ria!"

"Yes, thank you. Now shouldn't you tell me who do you like?" Asteria asked excitedly, as Rocielle pondered."Well, the man you danced with.."

Rocielle mumbled, her voice above a whisper. Asteria didn't catch what she said, but she didn't want to force her friend either. "I like the male, you recently danced with.."

Rocielle spoke, in a much more clearer and understandable way. The hint of hesitation never wavering, as she nervously awaited Asteria's answer. Asteria froze at her spot, halting. The navy-blue haired female ran her hand through her luscious locks. Her gaze flickering towards the stars that illuminated the vast dark skies. The view reflected in her eyes, not knowing what to reply.

"Really? That's.. great!" Asteria forced a smile, at this point she was lying to Rocielle and to herself. Asteria retrived her hand from her hair, crossing her arms. She lightly squuezed the opposite forearm, Asteria felt her lower-lips can't help but quiver. 'It's Dekis..'

Why? Why was she feeling like this. Before Asteria knew it, she had fallen for Dekis as well. The bitterness at the edge of her tongue, Asteria had to kept herself composed. Always. She mustn't let her emotions get the best of her,

Medea who was about to talk to Rocielle, can't help but hear their coversation. At one point she heard them mention her brother, so she got curious. Medea wouldn't have paid attention if it was any other girl, but it was Asteria and Rocielle.

Eros passed by, holding a glass of a fruity drink. Noticing Medea by the balcony door, as he arched a brow. Medea looked displeased, Eros went towards her and Medea noticed his presence immediately.

"Eros." Medea bowed her head slightly, at the sight of her fiancèe. Lifting her head up, Medea diverted her gaze. "Do you want to go to the balcony Medea? why don't you just enter?"

Medea simply stared at him, crossing her arms in the process. "What do you think of Dekis? My brother," Medea inquired, as Eros glanced at the male who was conversing with other people in high-society.

"He's a reputable man, brilliant and intelligent?" Eros responded, becoming curious on the sudden question. This was the first conversation they had that weren't forced topics, or about politics. Medea slowly nodded, pondering in thought. "What do you think if he was to become Asteria's fiancèe?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

okay a quick update since
i'm using my data rn━━
btw, psyche and eros still
hasn't met here, and
medea and eros is still
engaged here.

ahem, since they did say
dekis is the opposite of medea
I'LL EDIT THIS LATER, it's
been awhile since i've wrote
fluff 😭

i feel like they are VERY
out of character. lol don't
attack me plz 💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 27 19
✭ This might be comforting but it might also break you so yah, you just never know :) ✭Read till the end pls this story took me a long time and a lot...
583K 12.4K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
17.5K 179 41
I own the storylines, not Hetalia, or the art, and definitely not you...unless you want me too~ Feel free to make requests~!
62.4K 2.1K 34
I never wanted to lose to anybody and I never experienced it until I met you. You told me that you are absolute. I didn't believe it until I tasted d...