Forever Yours

By FonzFan

Sequel. Follow Severus and Katherine and their family and friends, through their complicated lives after the... More

NOTICE
Prologue 1: Fallen Soldiers
Prologue 2: A Young Man Dreams
Chapter 1: Home At Last
Chapter 2: Tell Me Everything
Chapter 3: Reunion
Chapter 4: Becoming a Real Prince
Chapter 5: The Prophet's Report, Part 1
Chapter 6: The Prophet's Report, Part 2
Chapter 7: Mr. Prince Goes to Town
Chapter 8: Union Station
Chapter 9: This is Who You Are
Chapter 10: Father & Son
Chapter 11: OWLs
Chapter 12: St. Augustine's
Chapter 13: Potions, Snitches & Nightmares
Chapter 14: Wakanda
Chapter 15: Birthday Kisses
Chapter 16: The Green Steam Engine
Chapter 17: Wounds We Keep Hidden From View
Chapter 18: Spoofhounds vs. Sidewinders
Chapter 19: All Hallows Eve
Chapter 20: A Peaceful Moon
Chapter 21: A Letter, A Bond and the Witch
Chapter 22: Christmas Shopping Chaos
Chapter 24: A Family Christmas Part 2
Chapter 25: A Family Christmas Part 3
Chapter 26: Starting A New Year
Chapter 27: Re-Bonding & Re-Healing
Chapter 28: Forgiveness Begins the Healing
Chapter 29: A Big Decision
Chapter 30: "Coming of Age"
Chapter 31: I Remember You
Chapter 32: Training Days
Chapter 33: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 1
Chapter 34: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 2
Chapter 35: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 3
Chapter 36: Her First
Chapter 37: The Final Journey
Chapter 38: Turning One
Chapter 39: Sev's Fortieth
Chapter 40: "Something Unexpected"
Chapter 41: "Life Decisions"
Chapter 42: The Greatest Game Ever Played, Part 1
Chapter 43: The Greatest Game Ever Played Part 2
Chapter 44: The Greatest Game Ever Played Part 3
Chapter 45: Graduation Day
Chapter 46: Draft Day

Chapter 23: A Family Christmas Part 1

661 36 7
By FonzFan

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the people or places that belong to the wonderful world of Harry Potter, as they belong to J.K. Rowling. The OCs (Katherine, Septimus, Serenity, Helena, Christoph, Elisa, Henry, Nick and any name you don't recognize, and isn't from the HP universe) are entirely my own.

---------------------------------------------

The large green steam engine rolled into Union Station at five o'clock in the evening, bringing with it hundreds of students that were coming home for the holidays. Parents rushed forward to claim their children and luggage, before whisking them off to the Apparation point that was located a block down from the station.

Severus and Christoph collected the four children by themselves that Sunday afternoon, since Serenity was still too young to travel by Apparation and Elisa was called away on an emergency delivery. Luckily it didn't take long for the wizards to find the kids amongst the crowd.

"Good Lord," Christoph muttered. "I think that boy's grown five inches since we saw him last."

It was true. Seeing Septimus getting off the train, the sixteen year old towered above the rest of the students. Clinging to the boy's arm was none other than Helena, who was beaming and waving happily to her other friends as they headed towards their fathers. Nick and Henry bounded merrily behind the couple, chatting away a mile a minute; that was until they was their dad.

"DAD!" they shouted in unison, and bolted past Helena and Septimus. The boys broke into a full run and launched themselves towards Christoph; attaching themselves one on each side, which nearly knocked the poor wizard over.

"Dad!" Nick shouted as he clung to Christoph's left side. "We got to sit up front with the older kids!"

"And we talked about Quidditch and brooms and..." Henry babbled, clinging to his father's right.

"And I think that two boys used up their entire allowance on the train's snack cart," Christoph said, as he looked pointedly up at his daughter, while the boys continued to ramble on. "Helena, I asked you to please watch your brothers while on the train, so that they didn't get into trouble."

"Sorry," Helena muttered, suddenly turning sheepish. "At least they were in the same compartment as us."

"Dad! Dad? Are you even listening to us anymore?" Nick asked hastily.

"Urghh...your mother's going to be furious," Chirstoph groaned, as he attempted to pry the boys off of him.

"Hey dad," Septimus said, as he chuckled lightly at the two younger boys. "Where's mom?"

"At home with you sister," Severus said, as he collected Septimus' trunk and shrunk it to a smaller size. "Since Serenity is two weeks premature, Apparating is a greater risk."

"Elisa was going to watch her, so that your mother could come with, but," Christoph paused, as he shrunk his own children's trunks. "She was called out on an emergency delivery."

"Who dad?" Helena asked as she picked up her pint sized trunk and put it in her pocket.

"Mrs. Jonson," Christoph said, as he pocketed the boys' trunks.

"But I thought she wasn't due till the middle of February?"

"She wasn't."

"Oh no," Helena gasped. "What happened?"

"Don't know," Christoph sighed, as the group began making their way to the exit. "All I know is that the Floo flared up minutes before we were ready to leave, and your mother hustled out with her things quickly after that."

"Do you think they'll be alright?" Helena asked. Her eyes were tearing up as she looked at her father with sorrow.

"Your mother will do everything that she can to make sure nothing will happen to them," Christoph said, wrapping an arm around his daughter's shoulders. "Well, let's get moving, shall we? Apparation Point is probably going to be a bit busy."

------------------------------------------------

The group of six Apparated easily back to the southeast region of Amadahy; as Severus side-along Apparated Septimus and Helena, while Nick and Henry went with their father. From there, they parted ways, as Christoph led his children to the southernmost end of the lake, while Severus and Septimus headed north.

Their hike back to the house was a quiet one, as neither wizard talked. All that could be heard was the crunching of the snow beneath their boots, as they walked along the old dirt road. The sun had already sunk below the horizon, lighting the sky with pinks, blues and then faded into dark purples, to finally the blackness of the east.

The large pines hung heavily with the freshly fallen snow and creaked under their weight. A north wind blew around them, causing Septimus to shiver slightly. The boy pulled his cloak closer around him, trying not to catch the attention of his father. But Severus being the former spy that he was, noticed the slight movement, and quietly muttered a wandless warming charm over both of them.

"Thanks," Septimus murmured, releasing his tight grip on his cloak.

"You're being awful quiet this evening?" Severus said, as they neared their property's trail. Septimus just shrugged his shoulders and continued to watch his feet crunch the snow beneath him.

"What's troubling you?" Severus said, clearing his throat slight. Talking about one's emotions still wasn't his best area.

"I guess I'm just nervous is all," Septimus said quietly, still looking at his feet.

"Nervous about what?"

"Just stuff, I guess," Septimus muttered. Severus abruptly came to a halt at the entrance to the wards, which caused Septimus to stop as well. Severus held his wand in hand, ready to disarm the wards, but decided to wait. He wanted to find out what was wrong with the boy, before he saw his mother. Needless to say, Severus didn't really need to deal with a distraught Katherine tonight as well.

"What is it?" Severus asked, raising an eyebrow in his son's direction.

"I don't know," Septimus said, refusing to meet his father's eyes. "Lots of stuff."

"Enlighten me Septimus," Severus said, crossing his arms and going into his former professor mode.

"Lots of things," Septimus exasperated, throwing his arm out, which reminded Severus of something that Katherine would do. "Helena...Quidditch...all these NEWT projects for school...Professor Prescott's extra study sessions that I'm thinking about taking...Dueling club...Prefect duties...

"...the baby," Septimus whispered out those last words.

"What about your sister?" Severus frowned, eyeing his son closely.

"I...I just," Septimus groaned, running his hands over his face.

"You're worried about being pushed aside, are you not?" Severus asked.

"Something like that," Septimus muttered, as he slumped against the nearest tree trunk.

"What makes you think that we would just push you aside?" Severus asked, only getting another shrug of the shoulders for his son. "I realize that you've been an only child for so long, and have been the main center of attention from your mother. But I guarantee that we would never do that to you. Your mother hasn't stopped thinking about you. She was thoroughly depressed when Elisa wouldn't allow her to attend your last match and she was the one who insisted that I write to you only moments after your sister was born. She has not forgotten about you Septimus."

"Sorry," Septimus said softly. "I guess I'm just being stupid."

"No you're not. I think it is a normal feeling for anyone in your position," Severus sighed, as he uncrossed his arms and quickly waved his wand to shift the wards. "I wouldn't know from experience since I was an only child, but I have seen it first hand with many students that have come through Hogwarts. So I do not think that you are the only one to feel that way."

"Thanks dad," Septimus grinned lightly, as he moved to follow his father into their wards.

"Now come on," Severus said, as Septimus made to keep up with his father's long strides. "Your mother was preparing to have dinner ready by the time you got home. Keeps muttering how she cannot wait until her running partner is back."

"Really?" Septimus grin widened.

"Indeed," Severus smirked. As the two neared the house, they saw the lights shining brightly through the windows of the kitchen and sitting room. Smoking billowed out of both the fireplace's large chimney and the smaller kitchen's chimney.

Severus caught a whiff of Katherine's homemade Bangers and Mash; the first home cooked meal that she had ever tried out on him when she was first living at Spinner's End. The quiet little house was so peacefully set within the deep snow, that it made Severus feel that this was still all some dream. But luckily he had three reminders that made him know it was a reality; Septimus...Serenity...and above all, Katherine.

Upon thinking about her, a lone silhouetted figure appeared in the doorway of the house.

"MOM!" Septimus shouted upon, seeing the woman's figure. The boy bolted towards the house, as soon as the front door opened. They met half way, as Katherine pulled her son into a bone crushing hug, that nearly sent them both tumbling into the snow.

"Oh Septimus," Katherine whimpered, as she held the boy tight against her. "I'm so glad to have you home."

"I'm happy to be home," Septimus murmured.

"And look how tall you've gotten," Katherine said, as she pulled away from him and smoothed down some of his hairs that had gone astray. "I can barely reach."

"Mom," Septimus muttered.

"As much as I am enjoying this little reunion," Severus said sternly, as he withdrew his cloak from his own shoulders and placed it around Katherine. "I think we should move back inside, before your mother catches a cold."

"Oh Sev," Katherine waved him off. "I'm fine."

"You say that now," Severus scoffed, looking down at the witch, who was dressed in a short sleeved blouse, a dark green skirt and a pair of slippers that she wore without stockings. "But just remember that when you do fall ill and cannot take a PepperUp Potion."

"Severus," Katherine stated, placing her hands on her hips. "It's almost eighty degrees in that house, between the cast-iron stove and the fireplace going. And I've already cast two cooling charms on the ground floor."

"Katherine," Severus scowled, as he took a step closer to his wife. "Elisa told you to take it easy with your magic until you've fully regained your strength."

"I am not weak Severus," Katherine snarled lightly, as she closed the distance between them. But Severus noticed that her eyes betrayed her anger. Her ice blue orbs shined wildly with lust and need. It had been almost three weeks since the last time they had had any intimate relations, and it was wearing heavily on Katherine.

Before Severus could retort, however, Katherine's arms were suddenly around his neck and pulling him down till his own lips crashed into her waiting ones. He tried to regain his composure, but failed miserably. As soon as Katherine's soft, warm lips made contact with his cold ones, he had lost.

Severus' hands acted upon their own accord; reaching out and sliding themselves around Katherine's, once again, tiny waistline. He pulled her body towards him, molding her form to his own.

The kiss itself was full of want and need, demanding the attention that was so sorely missed by the both of them. Lips parted and tongues dueled, seeking taste within its' passion. Severus could feel his arousal growing as he pressed Katherine closer to himself.

"Ahem..." a voice cleared its' throat from beside them. Severus' eyes snapped open and he pulled back from Katherine quickly. But Katherine refused to let go so easily. Both turned their heads in the direction from where the noise had come. There, to the left of them, stood Septimus with a raised black eyebrow and mouth set in a thin line.

"If you two don't mind, I'm going inside now," Septimus said firmly. "You can stay out here...in the cold...and neck all you want. But I'm freezing." The boy turned quickly and made for the house. Both Severus and Katherine watched him go, the former with mouth somewhat a gape.

"And by the way," Septimus said, as he stopped just inside the door. "I'm not totally oblivious you know. I've figured out what you two had been doing when I left the house during the summer. Don't go dramatizing my sister to soon. Okay?" And with that Septimus disappeared into the house, leaving his parents standing out in the snow.

Katherine couldn't hold it any longer. She turned her head back towards her husband and buried her face into his chest, chuckling lightly. Severus' eyes were still narrowed on the door where his son had disappeared through; his mouth still slightly gaping.

"What the bloody hell in 'neck?'" Severus finally growled, as Katherine continued to laugh.

"That's the first question you have?" Katherine chuckled, as she pulled back to look at his face. Severus' eyes left the door and glared down at his wife. "Neck or necking, is the America slang for snogging."

"And where the bloody hell did his bluntness come from?" Severus growled again, as Katherine detached herself from around him. She continued to laugh as she wrapped his cloak around herself tighter.

"I believe he gets that from you, love," Katherine snickered as she made her way to the door. "From the look of it, if I hadn't been paying too close attention, I'd say it was a sixteen year old you standing there again." She disappeared through the door, leaving Severus glaring at the empty doorway.

He stood there for a few moments before realizing that the sky around him was completely black, and small twinkling stars began to appear in the black velvet above him. The boy was right, it was damn cold out there. Severus shook his head slightly, before following his wife and son into the house.

The little house was comfortably warm and smelled of Katherine's home cooking. He could make out the sense of sage, marjoram and thyme that Katherine's used in her homemade Bangers and sweet, yet savory smell of minced pies baking in the wood burning oven.

At the end of the small hallway, Katherine was leaning against the doorframe, looking into the sitting room. Severus untied his boots and stepped out of them, careful not to get any snow on the hardwood floor. He patted slowly down the hallway to his wife, to find out what she was watching so intently. The sight before him, made him smile softly and his chest swell with pride.

Septimus was kneeling next to Serenity bassinette, that Katherine had brought into the sitting room. He was leaning against the frame of the cradle, as the long slender fingers of his right hand carefully stroked the little one's black tuff of hair. The teenager smiled softly down his sister, who had now opened her blue eyes, and was observing him closely.

"So you're Serenity," Septimus said softly, not realizing that he was being watched. "I'm Septimus...your brother. I never thought I'd be a brother after all these years. Helena can't wait to meet you. When you get older, mom and I will teach you how to fly, and dad and I can teach you how to brew potions."

"Sept?" Katherine said softly, as she took Severus' hand and lead him into the room with her. "Would you like to hold her?"

"Yeah," Septimus breathed, getting up from his kneeling position, and quickly settling himself on the couch. Severus set himself down into the chair closest to his son and watched quietly as Katherine carefully picked up their daughter and settle herself down on the couch, next to the boy.

"Hold your arms like this," Katherine quietly instructed Septimus, as she carefully set the little one into his arms. "Support her head and cradle her gently to your chest. That's it." The fire crackled merrily in the hearth before the small family, and the wireless paid softly in the background.

Severus couldn't help, but think, for the first time in his life, that he was actually looking forward to a real Christmas among family...and friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.4K 1.8K 22
Alecto would be attending her 5th year at Hogwarts where Severus is willing to fix their relationship and build it up after her fourth year. The Triw...
409K 12.9K 51
Sequel to Teach me (Severus Snape x reader) - After Voldemort has finally been defeated, you're free to leave Snape's chambers and follow classes lik...
6.5K 186 38
A seventh year hufflepuff girl (y/n) falls deeply in love with her potions master who happens to be your best friend's family friend, Professor Snape...
74.5K 2.5K 26
"Hello, my name is Kathryn Quinn, and I am going mad." Despite the efforts to stop it, there is a dark birth right inside of Kathryn Quinn that is ta...