Just Around the Corner || A G...

By MWrites00

Tags: G. Weasley X OC Smut fluff Post-war timeline Mature themes! Forbidden lovers trope Secret affair D... More

Author's Note
Introduction
Remembrance
The First Step
Return and Offers
A Day's Work
Hard Liquor
A Discovery
Inventory
Scrambled Eggs
Conflict Resolution
Better Than Expected
The Lunch Break
Labels
A Monumental First
A Visitor With Interest
Great Expectations
Undesirable Milestones
Sensitive Subjects
To France
And Back
Surprises
Reflections Parallel
The Ball
Strange Days
Broken Glass
Safe Haven
Insomnia
Progress and Pranks
The Sun and The Moon
Flowers Fall
Unlucky in Love
A Revelation
It Comes in Threes
The Sun Sets
The Crystal Ball
Tied Up
The Arcus Manor
One Last Promise
Eternally Grateful
From His Eyes
Body and Soul
Recrudesce Overdue
Out in the Open
Penance
Conclusion
ANNOUNCEMENT
Years Later

A Trip to The Burrow

5.3K 167 575
By MWrites00

This chapter is long, sorry not sorry. 

"Cassandra you're two hours early." George sat on his bed, amused by the pacing woman before him.

"I know and I'm sorry but I just couldn't help it. I needed to make sure my outfit was alright and I wanted to save time to go home if I needed to change and I wanted to help you make a dish to take. We should also arrive early so—"

He stood, catching her shoulders. "Cass, darling you don't need to be so nervous, it's going to be fine! And I know you are about to ask me about our cover story but it's all figured out. You're just our employee. Once again it's not a lie and I've already informed Fred to not say anything."

"A coworker that you are taking home to meet your family...yeah that's perfectly normal," Cassandra countered sarcastically. 

"Well we can be friends too! I'm friends with all my coworkers actually."

Cassandra paused, giving him an annoyed look. "George...your only main coworkers are Fred and I."

George looked to the side and back, confused by her statement, "..And?"

She groaned, starting her pacing all over again. He flopped down on the bed, letting her take a few more rounds before grabbing her hand, "Love, relax."

She refused to look at him, still trapped in her mind. He grabbed her face, turning it to him. "Let me help you destress."

Cassandra knew that look. "...What did you have in mind?"

He pulled her down to sit beside him, then moved to sit behind her. "How about a little massage hm?"

His breath fanned her neck, making her stomach flutter. Strong hands started kneading at her shoulders, slowly in long patterns. She felt a sigh rise in her as he worked on her muscles.

"So tense baby..." He whispered in her ear, which caused her sigh to escape.

She could feel him smirking but she didn't mind, she let her head fall back as he continued. "Lay down for me," He muttered, voice low.

Cassandra eagerly climbed up farther on the bed, laying on her stomach. "Don't crinkle my skirt."

She felt his hands run down her sides to her hips, "Why don't we take it off then? Wouldn't want to ruin it..."

"That's exactly what you would want to do," Cassandra grumbled into the pillow, voice muffled, making George chuckle. After lifting her head and giving him a nod, he slid the salmon pleated long skirt down her legs, gently placing it over his chair while Cassandra turned her head to watch.

His grin grew wider as he scratched his temple, "Ought to get rid of the top too...just in case..." Cassandra sat up with a huff, smiling at him as she crossed her arms, throwing off the top.

"It will feel better this way," he grinned. Cassandra shook her head, unable to hide her smile, "Since when did you become a professional masseuse?"

He motioned for her to lay back down, "Oh you know it was always my backup plan if the shop didn't work out."

He started on her shoulders, running calloused fingers down the sides of her spine, undoing the clasp of her bra so he wouldn't miss an inch of skin. "Ohh...right there.." Cassandra groaned as he used his large hand to knead the back of her neck.

He slowly moved down, working at her hips, encouraged by her breathy sighs. He started kneading her ass, causing her to giggle.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" He stopped his movements.

She looked over her shoulder, "No, I just know what you're thinking."

"I said I was going to help you destress. That's what I plan to do, now flip over." Cassandra's felt an ache settle in her lower abdomen, excited for what was to come.

She laid on her back, watching him as he slowly massaged her legs, moving to her inner thighs. He looked up at her before kissing her soft skin, making her stomach flip. George grabbed his wand, briskly whispering the silencing charm before he continued sucking splotches across her inner thighs, then inching her panties down her legs. 

"I see you're enjoying your service then," George smirked, playfully using a business like tone. 

"Shut up Weasley- ah!" Cold air blew onto her, George looked way to proud to have such a large effect. 

He kissed her heat tenderly then licked a hot stripe up her slit, making her whimper before finding her sweet spot, then pumping two fingers. 

The sight was almost as good as the sensation: Her legs adorning his broad shoulders like ornaments, his messy red hair laced between her fingers as she tugged, thighs wrapped around his face, his veiny hands pulling her apart, rings tattooing her skin, the occasional eye contact making lungs collapse. It was perfect, something she had dreamed of, never believing it to be true. 

She was calling out for him, moaning "Good boy," over and over again. 

He clearly enjoyed her voice breathy voice as he moaned against her, making her hips buck up before he pushed them back down. "C'mon baby, stay still for me."

She was nearing the edge as he stopped, looking up with a smug smile and a string of spit lining his bottom lip, before wrapping his glistening lips around her clit, never looking away. She cried out, clutching the sheets. 

"Ahh...that was...damn..." Cassandra groaned, catching her breath. George felt so good about himself after hearing her praise, he would spend everyday on his knees just to see her satisfied.

He helped her redress, giving her a slow sensual kiss once her head popped through her top. "What about you?" Cassandra asked, big eyes looking up to him.

He smiled, fully satisfied just hearing her moaning his name. "I'm perfectly content, today is about making you feel happy and comfortable."

He felt himself slip his hand into his pocket, feeling as if the small object was burning a hole through his pants. He wanted to give it to her now. But she bounced out of his room, fully content, yelling to him about making food with her.

He sighed, double checking it was still there before joining her.

_________

They giggled, creating a mess of a kitchen while making mac n' cheese for the party. Fred finally exited his room (sleeping until the last possible minute after a long night at the pub) wearing an identical shirt to George's just with a large 'F'  in the middle. "Hey wanna switch shirts and prank mum?"

"I'd love to but today probably isn't the best day for that...Cass is nervous," George nodded his head to his lover who was now manually cleaning the kitchen.

"Fine. I guess lying to everyone about Cassandra should be enough." 

At this Cassandra turned around, features laced with irritation. She grabbed her wand off the counter, pointing it to Fred who raised a hand of floo powder, walking backwards into the floo. "Bye bitches!...The Burrow!" Green flame engulfed Fred before Cassandra could hex him.

She groaned in annoyance, George wrapped her in a hug. "Maybe I shouldn't go— hey are you fully healed? Maybe we should stay home and take care of you—"

George tsked, placing his chin on the top of her head, "Nonsense, I've never felt better. Now, we are going, get your bag."

Cassandra collected her things, walking to the fireplace with George. He noticed her turning her rings (and was thankful to not see a particular one on her ring finger), so he grabbed her hand in his, placing a quick kiss to the top.

"It will be a lovely evening, I promise." With that George threw down the powder, calling out the name of his childhood home.

The emerald flame died down, Cassandra felt George drop her hand as he stepped into the quaint, colorful living room. A short woman engulfed George, squealing to him and his brother, "My babies! I've missed you!"

The woman was clearly Mrs. Weasley, who was squeezing her twins. "Ouch— mum you're strangling us."

She matched the house, wearing a long crocheted vest of many colors. She looked so happy and loving even when she turned and saw the stranger hidden behind her giant sons. "And who might this be?"

George looked at Cassandra, slightly embarrassed she had seen his mother act like that to him. "Mum, this is Cassandra Arcus."

"She recently started working in the shop with us," Fred finished his sentence.

"Oh how lovely, welcome dear."

"Thank you for having me Mrs. Weasley," Cassandra held out the dish of mac n' cheese, watching the surprise on her face. Great, I've already fucked up.

"You made this for tonight? How thoughtful! Thank you Cassandra," Mrs. Weasley smiled at her, reminding her of George's warm grin.

Another ginger rounded the corner, slightly shorter and much older than her George, therefore she concluded it was his father.

"Arthur! Come meet Cassandra, she works with Fred and George."

Mr. Weasley gave her a warm welcome as more familiar faces appeared in front of her. The famous Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. "Erm...hello I'm Ron and you are?" Ron extended his arm out for a handshake.

Hermione swat his hand away, sending Ron a look before redirecting her attention to the woman before her. "Cassandra right? I believe we had some classes together back in school."

Cassandra tried to hide her surprise, Hermione Granger of all people remembered her? Well, maybe it was just Weasleys who I didn't leave a lasting impression on.  "Um yes we did, nice to see you again."

George cut in, standing behind Cass, "Well we've got most introductions out of the way but—"

"Where's Bill and Fleur?" Fred interrupted.

Mrs. Weasley chimed in, "Oh they can't make it sadly, I believe they are in France visiting her family. We are only missing Ginny and Harry since Percy, his partner, and Charlie can't make it either."

"France you say..." Fred shot Cassandra an evil grin, one she returned with a warning glare.

No one seemed to notice the exchange as Mrs. Weasley had started ordering everyone out of her kitchen as she prepared dinner. Fred and Ron had disappeared up the stairs, George clearly wanted to join them but stayed for Cassandra. "Go on, I'll be fine here," she whispered. 

She could see in his eyes he wanted to give her some sort of affection or endearment but he quickly nodded, disappearing up the stairs as he yelled to his brothers. Cassandra found herself looking around The Burrow, smiling at the clock with Weasley's on it. She wasn't surprised there was an option that said "Prison" on it, knowing that most likely her favorite twins were the cause. 

Hermione noticed Cassandra alone, pulling her to the couch with her. "Sorry about Ron earlier, he should have recognized you."

"Nonsense, it has been a long time and we all had a hell of a seventh year, especially you three."

"So how did you start working at the shop?" Hermione asked between sips of her tea.

"Oh..I moved into a little apartment just around the corner, saw it and well I needed work.." Cassandra really hoped that sounded convincing. It was partially the truth at least.

"How exciting! Must be loads of fun working there."

"You have no idea.." Cassandra laughed lightly. Just then George popped around the corner with his father, "Ah Cassandra, I was looking for you. Do you mind showing my dad the muggle camera?"

Cassandra noticed Mr. Weasley perked up at the mention, a small smile forming on his face. "I'd love to!" Arthur eagerly popped down on the couch beside her, watching her pull a white camera out of her bag.

"It's a muggle polaroid, meaning that once it's taken the photograph it will pop a copy of the picture out here," she pointed to the bottom slit, watching Arthur looking at it intently, as if the image could emerge any second.

"Also, the image won't move but it is still interesting. Would you like to try it? I have plenty of film."

Arthur practically leapt off the couch, "I'd like that very much! Here let me take your picture with the boys! George!"

George sent Cassandra a look, awkwardly moving to stand beside her. "Pack in close George, she won't bite!" Cassandra had to bite back a laugh at Arthur's comment, closing the gap between them. George put an arm around Cass, trying to pretend like it wasn't his favorite comfort.

The camera flashed, and they all packed around the device, hearing Arthur awe at the image as it started to develop. "How amazing! Thank you for bringing this Cassandra, it was a delight!"

She couldn't help but smile at Arthur, his giddiness was infectious. "You're quite welcome, would you like a picture of you and Mrs. Weasley?" His face lit up once more, as he thanked Cassandra again, leading her to the kitchen.

Before they left Cassandra handed the picture to George, who sat on the couch staring for longer than he should have. He had no idea why but he felt his chest warm, his eyes damn near watering at the sight of them, holding each other in his family home. And the way his dad seemed to like her so much. He felt himself starting to imagine things he promised himself he never would, feeling hope develop just like the damn polaroid.

He shoved the image in his pocket, feeling the small object mocking him once again.

While George thought he was alone with just his naïve thoughts, Hermione sat on the other end of the couch, confused by the man across from her.

_________

After Cassandra took their picture she gave the camera to Arthur, allowing him to go around and take more photos around the house. She stayed back in the kitchen, "Do you need any help with anything Mrs. Weasley?"

"Sure dear, mind helping me get the table ready?" They worked beside each other, using their wands to place the silverware, then turned back to the food. Mrs. Weasley eyed her outfit, noticing a large diamond on a thin chain. "Oh my...your ring..is it an engagement ring?"

Shit. "Yes."

Mrs.Weasley nodded, eyes narrowing on the stone. "Why are you not wearing it on your finger?"

"Oh I- I just don't want to lose it since it was probably expensive, I tend to lose jewelry." Cassandra was just about ready to throw the damn thing in the ocean at this point.

Mrs. Weasley was quiet the rest of the time they worked, Cassandra noticed her brows furrow. She yelled to her children to come to dinner, culminating in a stampede coming down the long set of wooden stairs, Ron and Fred pushing each other to see who could get down first. Fred ended up cheating by apparating to his spot at the dinner table, making Ron angry.

"Freddie you shouldn't be doing that now you know... considering," Mrs. Weasley remarked. Fred only looked to her with confusion, which she returned with more of. Something was going on with her boys.

The floo ignited as everyone started to take their seats, as the flame simmered down Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley stepped out holding hands. "Sorry we're late Molly," Harry said as he took his spot at the table, instantly knowing where his seat would be. Cassandra was unsure of where she was to sit.

Ginny looked Cassandra up and down as she sat down beside Harry, "Hmm...you're Luna's friend right?" She nodded at Ginny as George signaled for her to sit beside him. Cassandra sat between the twins at the table across from Ginny and Harry.

"Looks like my brother has good taste then...which one is your date?" Cassandra choked on her drink before trying to sneak a glance to George, whose face was redder than a tomato. This is going great.

Fred cleared his throat and she readied her elbow to hit him but he answered, "Oh she's just our friend. Cassie works in the shop with us."

The rest of dinner was alright, with frivolous chatter until Molly started asking questions. "So Cassandra, you must be so excited about your engagement. When is the wedding?"

George was white knuckling his fork as he kept his head low. Cassandra answered, "I'm not sure, probably a while from now...the engagement is still new..."

"Oh my you're engaged?" Hermione pushed further, watching George's body language.

Cassandra was eager to shut this conversation down. "Yes," she replied shortly.

"You ought to bring your fiancé next time then!" commented Arthur, unaware of the situation.

Molly was looking between the twins and Cassandra, "Say George..Is that a new necklace?"

He brought his hand up to the pearls, before answering, "Yeah...they're from a friend," He popped some food in his mouth, putting his hand on Cassie's thigh under the table. Cassandra placed her hand over his, thankful from the small gesture.

"Wouldn't want you to lose them," Mrs. Weasley watched Cassandra respond to her comment.

Lose them? Lose..lose jewelry...ah shit. Cassandra cursed herself, she had given Molly all the clues she had needed.

"Well I like them George," Harry stated before Ginny moved the conversation over to her Quidditch team. Fred made sure the rest of the conversations were light, diffusing any tension left in the room. George and Cassandra remained quiet the rest of dinner, George rubbing small circles over her thigh with the pad of this thumb.

Cassandra kept her gaze away from his parents, as she feared Mrs. Weasley was able to read her guilty eyes. Hermione kept asking Cassandra questions about the wedding which Fred shut down by asking about dessert.

"I'll start getting that ready, George you mind helping me in the kitchen?" Molly smiled at everyone as they all piled into the living room.

Cassandra and Fred stayed behind, Fred moved to stand by his brother. "Just George please, I'll talk with you later Fred."

Fred guided Cassandra away and up the stairs, stopping her on a middle step, "Let's stay here...she's gotta be really mad," he whispered.

Cassandra gave him a concerned look, Fred answered her mental question, "We normally get scolded together..."

They heard hushed tones between George and his mother and a door slam closed. Fred yanked Cassandra down the stairs as they crept up to the kitchen window. Molly and George were standing in the grass, Molly failing her arms around as she appeared to yell, George only shaking his head slowly.

Fred poured them both wine, "I love hearing Mum shouting at someone else," he smirked, sipping on his glass.

Cassandra rolled her eyes, resisting the urge to chug it down, "Well it seems you're next so have fun with that."

"I'm not the one dating a married woman so I think I'm in the clear," He finished his glass, grabbing the bottle.

"I'm not married," Cassandra hissed.

They both turned to the window again, watching the show play out. George was now shouting, pointing to the house, then holding a hand over his chest.

"What are you all doing?" asked Ron who lazily stumbled into the kitchen.

"Nothing ickle Ronnie, why don't you get back to your girlfriend," Fred snapped back.

"Don't call me that..." He grumbled, shoving some chips into his mouth, looking sheepishly to Cassandra. Eventually Ron got bored since no one would explain what was going on, joining the rest of his family in the den, playing wizard chest with Harry.

Fred and Cassandra watched the fight play out until George stomped back up towards the house. Fred turned and ran into the living room, abandoning and leaving Cassandra unsure of her next steps.

George shoved the door open, his jaw clenched, hands balled into fists as he huffed. He spotted Cass at the door, grabbing her hand and dragging her along behind him.

"We are leaving. Now," He growled, dragging her into the den, motioning for Fred to follow, which he didn't hesitate to in the slightest. Cassandra was shocked by his demeanor, his tight hand around hers in front of everyone but she didn't protest.

Molly had ran into the house now, "George please listen, I'm just worried about you! And Fred, why did you need Dittany in such a rush? Have you been hurt? Please just answer me!" She was pleading, voice wavering as she yelled to her sons, creating a scene.

George said nothing, grabbing Cassandra's bag while Fred said goodbye to everyone, avoiding his mother. They stepped into the floo, Cassandra squeezed between the twins.

Holding Cassandra's hand in one hand, a fist full of powder in the other with her bag over his shoulder, George muttered "Goodbye Dad, thank you for being kind to her." 

With that he threw down the powder.

Fred stepped out of the floo first, brushing off his clothes, George following close behind. He was mumbling something to himself, while running hands through his flaming crimson hair.

Cassandra stepped closer to him, noticing his puffed out chest, his dilated pupils. She gently placed her hand on his back and he jerked, only calming once he saw her.

"I'm so sorry Cass.." He muttered gently.

"No i'm sorry, I ruined a lovely evening you were supposed to have with your family," Cassandra let out a defeated sigh, "I just really wanted your parents to like me.."

George started to ramble, "Dad seemed to love you! And mum.. well she probably liked you, it's just... she just doesn't like our circumstances."

Fred popped up right beside Cassandra, "Mum figured it out, probably wouldn't have happened if you picked the superior twin."

With that Fred went in to kiss her cheek, but Cassandra didn't realize, turning to look at him, resulting in a quick peck between the two.

They both pulled away shocked, "always knew ya liked me.." Fred mumbled, swooping back down and pecking her lips for the briefest of seconds. George shoved him, Fred turned, cackling loudly.

He apparated to outside their apartment, watching George throw open the door made Fred cackle even more. "You should see your face right now!"

George went to punch him but Fred disappeared again, landing on the lowest level of the store.

"CASSIE AND GEORGIE SITTING IN A TREE! F-U-C-K-I-N-G!" Fred chanted in a sing-songy voice, apparating throughout the shop to avoid George. Cassandra couldn't help but giggle at the sight of them. George then apparated to where Fred was standing, making Cassandra's blood pressure rise. "George be careful!"

Popping flooded the air as George chased him, apparating just seconds after Fred everytime. Fred's tone-deaf voice rang out one last time when George finally cornered him, apparating and tackling him to the ground.

The two wrestled on the floor, until Cassandra finally caught up to them, not daring to apparate anytime soon. "You two are a bunch of idiots, no wonder you get in trouble all the time."

The twins both yelled, "He started it!" while pointing to the other. Fred got up to his feet, "Well Cassie that was fun..ought to do it again sometime..." Fred disappeared before George could lunge at him again.

"Sorry about that prat...Fred thinks he's funny.." He leaned against a railing, head hung low. She walked over to him kissing his cheek, "It's okay, I'm just glad Fred likes me..though hopefully not the same way you do."

"They should all like you, I mean how could they not?"

Cassandra could feel the serious tone start to press down on them, mulling over her next words in her mind, "I don't know what your mother said to you but I can guess...You should probably listen to her George. This is dangerous... and you deserve more."

His head snapped up, "Don't you dare say that! You've been clear about this since the beginning but so have I. I want you Cassandra, no matter what that means..I.." He shoved his hand in his pocket but she stepped away.

"I know," She muttered, voice above a whisper, "But if you ever can't handle this, please just tell me. I only want you to be happy."

"You make me happy."

They shared a quick embrace but George could feel her pulling away, ready to slip into the dark corners of her thoughts, filled with doubt and worry. Before he could stop her, comfort her, she wished him goodnight and slipped out of the shop.

Cassandra walked back down the alley, fighting a war in her mind. Molly was right, whatever things she had said about her to rile George up like that. No matter what it was, she was right.

Cassandra was being cruel, selfish. Holding onto something that wasn't hers to keep.

She just couldn't seem to let go.

A/N: No Molly hate from me with this chapter, I love all the Weasleys to bits. 🥰 Of course she would be worried about her son in this situation and would it really be a trip home without the twins getting into some sort of trouble?

This is the image I drew the descriptions of her outfit from. While I believe this would not be a top personal choice for Cassandra, I believe she would have worn something like this in hopes of impressing the Weasleys. 

Once again, Cass has no face claim or physical description so this picture is NOT me setting a body type or skin tone. I personally imagine her a certain way as do you all, this way we are all happy and get the representation we want. <3 

Make sure to follow me on here and tiktok (MWrites00), please tag me if you mention Just Around the Corner (JATC) somewhere! I'd absolutely die of happiest if I saw JATC in a wattpad recommendations tiktok so If you ever see it, tag me!!! 

Much love friends        -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.1K 50
"š˜ š˜­š˜°š˜·š˜¦ š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶... š˜®š˜°š˜³š˜¦ š˜µš˜©š˜¢š˜Æ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜“š˜¶š˜Æ š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜“š˜µš˜¢š˜³š˜“ š˜¤š˜°š˜®š˜£š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜¦š˜„. š˜ š˜­š˜°š˜·š˜¦ š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶ š˜®š˜°š˜³š˜¦ š˜µš˜©š˜¢š˜Æ š˜¢ š˜£š˜Ŗš˜³š˜„ š˜­...
25.1K 1.4K 56
š˜šš˜©š˜¦ š˜¬š˜¦š˜±š˜µ š˜“š˜¢š˜ŗš˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜©š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜Æš˜¢š˜®š˜¦, š˜©š˜¦š˜¢š˜³š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜©š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜·š˜°š˜Ŗš˜¤š˜¦ š˜Ŗš˜Æ š˜©š˜¦š˜³ š˜¦š˜¢š˜³š˜“, š˜“š˜¦š˜¦š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜©š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜§š˜¢š˜¤š˜¦ š˜Ŗš˜Æ š˜©š˜¦š˜³ š˜©š˜¦š˜¢ļæ½...
10.5K 285 30
"I hate your lips, I hate your voice, I hate the way you walk, I hate the way you say my name, I hate your beautiful face, I hate your pretty freckle...
2.2M 61.2K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...