The Tiger King (Chaelisa)

By Dreamofshadows

Fight for glory. Fight for honour. Fight for Love. Flirting expert Lisa is a competitive boxer and reluctant... More

Author's Note
Of Monsters and Men
1| In the Ring
2| Drinks
3| Morning-Afters
4| Bagels
5| Welcome to the Vault
6| Sisters
7| Memories
8| Before
9| Maybe
10| Stiff
11| Chat
12| Fall
13| Disapprove
14| Proxy
15| Plan
16| Decision
17| Upset
18| Neighbour
19| Meet
20| Frustration
21| Almost
22|Stuck
23| Do-over
24| Getting to know you
25| Girl Talk
26| Irene
27| Visitors
28| Progress
29| Monday
30| Still Me
31| Test
32| Fight
33| Proposal
34| Rosé's Meeting
35| Change
36| White Lie
37| Confessions: Part 1
37| Confessions: Part 2
38| Understanding
39| The First Match
40| Late Night Call
41| Bao Bao
42| Ringmaster
43| Mischief and Mayhem: Part 1
44| Mischief and Mayhem: Part 2
45| The Case of the Two Jinyoungs
46| Preparation
47| Party People
48| Monster
Interlude: No Saints, All Sinners
49| Angels
50| Fallout
51| Beneath the Tree
53| Waking Up
54| Jjimjilbang Day
55| Conversations
56| Outing
57| Outing Pt. 2
58| Sunlight & Cuddles
59| Curiosity Killed the Cat...
60| ...But Satisfaction Brought It Back
61| Lights Out, Dahyun
62| Phone Calls
63| Beavers and Penguins
64| Omens
65| Trouble in Paradise
66| Pizza Time
67| Freefall
68| Last Girl Standing
69| Spiralling
70| Lost
71| Gone
72| Jennie's Story
73| Playing with Fire
74| The Sins of Our Mothers
75| The Forest of Fear
76| Enemy Of My Enemy
77| A New Deal
:P
78| And They Were Roommates
79| The Gangnam Gambit
80| No Time To Die
81| The Secrets of Our Fathers
82| Die Another Day
83| The Darkest Hour
84| You Only Live Twice
85| You and Me
:P (pt.2)
86| Tell Me (No) Lies
87| Tell Me (No) Lies Pt.2
:P (pt.3)
88| Old Friends, New Faces
89| Son of the Tiger
90| Negotiations
91| Visits

52| Of McDonald's, Movies and Makeouts

2.2K 88 316
By Dreamofshadows

previously: jenlisa fought, lisa went to rosie's, jennie had counselling sessions with jisoo in the park, ella's concert was happening later that day.

It had been a pleasant afternoon.

After all the heavy talk, Lisa and Rosé had exchanged kisses on the couch until their mouths and tongues turned numb.

They had drifted off to sleep at one point because Rosé woke up with a start much later when the dying sunlight had the living room awash in a golden glow.

Lisa was sleeping on top of her again like their first night together, ear pressed up against her heart.

The sight was endearing enough for Rosé to carefully reach for her phone and snap some pictures of her sleeping girlfriend, smiling giddily to herself all the while

She almost didn't want to wake her but a glance at the time reminded her of the chores and preparations she still had to take care of before Ella's concert.

"Lisa," Rosé called softly, kissing her head. "Baby, time to wake up."

"Nooooo..." Lisa mumbled, cuddling closer. "Five more minutes."

Rosé sighed, reluctantly reaching out with her fingers hovering over Lisa. "Don't make me tickle you."

Lisa's eyes flew open as she shot up from her position. "I'm up, I'm up!"

After that, banter flowed freely while Rosé did chores and Lisa played with Leo and Lego. Bori watched from a safe distance as Lisa squished the two kittens against her face or sidled up to Rosé for some extra kisses as the latter passed by with fresh laundry.

Rosé couldn't remember a time when she felt so relaxed, blissfully basking in Lisa's attention as she went about her housework until it was time to prepare for Ella's concert.

"Will they give us some sort of light stick like they do at concerts? Are we supposed to buy one?" Lisa wondered while Rosé fussed with her shirt.

"It's just a kids' school concert, they're not going to be handing out light sticks for sure."

"But how are the kids gonna know where their parents are when they need the support?"

"Baby, sit still for a little bit, the buttons are fiddly," Rosé chuckled in answer.

Since she hadn't gone back to the Vault, Rosé had the bright idea of letting Lisa borrow an outfit, reasoning that they were more or less the same size and height. Lisa refused at first but relented quickly when Rosé started bringing out various dresses and shirts.

Choosing and matching clothes with Rosé was fun, since it wasn't an opportunity she often came by anymore.

"I can't sit still! Ah I'm so excited!" Lisa exclaimed, practically vibrating on the spot. Rosé pecked her on the lips, amused at how quickly Lisa simmered down after that.

"Were you planning it all along?"

"No but I figured if I'm good, I'll get another kiss as a reward?" Lisa said hopefully.

But Rosé merely laughed again, ducking her head away from her girlfriend's puppy-eyed expression. "Enough of that, we're going to be extremely late at this rate."

"Hmm why? It's just a few kisses, unless of course...you were planning on having more?" Lisa tutted, smirking. "My my, getting sneaky are we?"

"Says the one who smudged my makeup a few minutes ago," Rosé scoffed, "all because she claimed she wanted to test whether my lipstick was smudge-proof."

"It's not like you said no," Lisa countered as she playfully waved strands of Rosé's hair, "and now we know-you've been scammed!"

Rosé shook her head, finally finishing up the buttons she had insisted on tying (not because she wanted to peek at Lisa's abs or her chest, dear me no, that would be so improper).

The shirt -light pink with the cuffs pulled back to the elbow-was a comfortable fit for Lisa, although it was straining at the biceps and shoulders. It was a bit distracting too, drawing Rosé's gaze to area each time she glanced in Lisa's way. And every time, Rosé would take a moment to admire her girlfriend's sculpted physique while trying not to drool at the sight.

It was easier said then done, especially with the smouldering expression Lisa was giving her.

"You know, maybe it would be better if I just...didn't wear anything at all?" Lisa smirked, leaning against the nearest furniture, well aware that Rosé was eyeing her. "I mean, if you prefer of course. I know I'm a whole three-course meal."

Rosé felt her ears go pink but her resolve hardened as she returned Lisa's suggestion with a sultry smile of her own.

Two can play at this game.

"I appreciate the offer, but I'm pretty sure you would be escorted off school premises if you do that." She leaned in to whisper in Lisa's ear. "I'd be more than happy to take it off for you later, though."

She smirked at Lisa's sharp inhale.

"You look good too," Lisa managed, her voice rough. She hooked her thumbs in the pants Rosé lent her, nodding approvingly as her girlfriend twirled to show off her navy dress.

"Just good? What about stunning, magnificent, fantastic-oh."

Lisa had been slowly pressing into her space, backing them up against the kitchen counter.

"Stunning, magnificent, fantastic...how about this one? Ravishing," Lisa murmured, her eyes half-lidded as she peered into Rosé's eyes.

"Learnt it from the dictionary, have you?"

"Yeah..."

"Baby, we need to get ready. I still have to get my heels," Rosé rasped as Lisa traced kisses along her jaw, but she didn't stop her.

"Hmm..."

"I mean it." Rosé struggled to clear the lust-induced fog clouding her reasoning. "Ella will be disappointed if we're late."

Lisa drew back even though Rosé immediately missed her touch, but it worked, clarity returning as Lisa nodded, her eyes still glazed.

"Ah you're right, we can't have that. Go get your heels babe, I'll wait here."

Touched by her consideration, Rosé pecked her one more time before she darted away to fetch her shoes. She soon stepped out of her room, smiling when she was greeted by Lisa holding one of the yellow tulips.

"My lady," Lisa said in a posh voice, offering the flower. She cut a dashing figure against the twilight filtering in from the windows.

"Would you care to accompany me tonight? Our carriage awaits," Lisa added when she reached her.

"It would be my pleasure," Rosé giggled, taking the yellow tulip, "thank you. Are the cats all sorted?"

"Litter box cleaned, bowls filled, toys cleared, cat hair swept and kittens asleep," Lisa counted off her fingers the tasks she had been assigned earlier.

"My, you've been quite busy. I think you deserve a reward." Rosé reached out to dust an invisible stray cat hair from Lisa's shirt, unable to keep the grin off her face as she leaned in, humming when Lisa eagerly mirrored her and their lips met in the middle.

Their whole exchange felt like they were a couple who had finally put their boisterous children to sleep and were now heading out to watch their eldest born perform at a school concert, just like a family.

Everything she did with Lisa was the culmination of an improbable domestic dream, one that filled Rosé's heart with indescribable warmth.

How long will it last?

Rosé ignored the thread of darkness that threatened to overshadow her happiness, kissing Lisa more firmly and successfully banishing all thoughts. Because Rosé couldn't care less, not right now and especially not tonight.

All that existed was Lisa: her scent, her touch, her mouth covering hers and probably smudging her lipstick again.

An obnoxious car horn made them draw apart, startled.

"Ah, Jisoo's here. And Jennie." Lisa sounded distant, her voice turning neutral as she said her sister's name. Her eyes however, were conflicted.

Rosé cupped her face with one hand, turning Lisa to face her again.

"Hey, I'm going to be there, okay? You got this."

Lisa nodded grimly, her jaw set. Then all at once her face softened as she thumbed the corner of Rosé's mouth.

"Smudged your smudge-proof lipstick again, darn."

Rosé grinned. "I'll be sure to explain to Jisoo why we're tardy."

>

Jisoo cleared her throat obnoxiously loud for the third time since she started driving. Lisa watched her throw side-glances at Jennie riding shotgun.

It had been awkward settling in the back of the SUV whilst being fully aware that Jennie was sitting silently in front. Jisoo had been cheerful, complimenting her and Rosé's outfits and casually making remarks to Jennie before getting in to drive.

When they actually got going, everyone had fallen silent, the atmosphere brewing with tension. Rosé squeezed Lisa's hands from time to time, catching her gaze and nodding with a small smile to comfort her. Lisa would squeeze back, grateful.

She wanted to talk to Jennie and find out where they stood, maybe even find out if she was ready to talk yet but Jennie's silence was not encouraging.

Her blank face had given nothing away, no hint of remorse or stubborn righteousness. She never greeted Lisa or acknowledged her presence.

Lisa also wanted to spare Jisoo and Rosé the awkwardness in case the conversation turned ugly.

She didn't reckon with Jisoo though, who sighed long and loud before she maneuvered the car to the side of the road and turned off the ignition.

"One of you," she said, pointing at Jennie and Lisa, "start talking. The sooner we get it over with, the sooner we can get to Ella's concert. And since we don't have much time, chop chop."

"But Jisoo," Jennie began, sounding betrayed.

"No buts! You said you'll talk to her when she's in the car but I didn't hear anything for the past twenty minutes, not even a single peep," Jisoo said severely. "I gave you ample time to do something so now, we're doing it my way. I'm sorry you're roped into this, Pasta."

"Oh no it's cool. Let's get it over with," Rosé answered, her voice hard and her steely gaze trained on Jennie.

Jennie grumbled something rebellious before she turned in her seat, her eyes meeting Lisa's in the gloom.

"I'm sorry about this afternoon," she muttered.

Lisa hesitated, her usual easy inclination to forgive her sister and move on deserting her, nowhere to be found. She had excused her sister's demands many times but maybe, as Rosé said, it was time to put her foot down instead of doling out forgiveness. She had blindly excused Jennie enough times, it was time to demand at least a bit more respect.

"What are you sorry about exactly?"

Jennie looked stumped. "Well uh...that I pressured you into entering the Grand Slam and...about Rosé." Her eyes briefly switched to the other girl before returning to Lisa. "So that, yeah. I apologise about that."

Lisa released a breath. "You don't get it, do you?"

Jennie's brow furrowed. "Don't get what?"

"Nini, it's not so much the pressuring part but the fact that you didn't let me have a say."

"What?" Jennie scoffed. "I did let you have a say."

Lisa felt Rosé squeezing her hand but she didn't say a word, though she raised an eyebrow at Lisa as though asking to speak and give Jennie a piece of her mind.

But Lisa shook her head: this was her fight, she had to see this one through. "When I tried telling you, you kept shooting down my suggestions down and belittling me. You basically told me that my feelings and opinions don't count. That hurt more than anything Jen. I thought...I just wanted you to listen, really listen to me."

"I did listen!" Jennie protested.

But Lisa shook her head. "You take my feelings and opinions about stuff for granted, like I'm the kid expected to follow your lead every time. I don't have to follow everything you say Jen. And no it's not because of Rosie," she added firmly, "I have feelings and thoughts of my own and you gotta start taking my choices into account."

"And what if those choices aren't good choices?" Jennie asked quietly.

Lisa glanced at Rosé, swallowing. "We talk and we compromise. And if that doesn't work, we ask other people to help out. But you don't get to shut me down."

She went on when Jennie stiffened. "Just because we never asked for outside help before doesn't mean we can't start now. It doesn't change how I see you Nini. You're still my sister, no matter what. I'm gonna stick by you always. You'll be sick to death of me like usual, even though I know you secretly love me."

"That's debatable," Jennie mumbled with a tiny smile as Jisoo chuckled and clapped.

"There we go! Very well-said Nallalisa. Jendeuk? Anything you wanna add?" Jisoo invited with a tilt of her head and a wink in Lisa's direction.

Jennie visibly swallowed. "I'll try to be better Lis. And...I've accepted Jisoo's offer to help. You don't have to go into the Grand Slam if you don't want to," she added.

Rosé gasped and Lisa stared in awe.

"For real? Jen..."

"Yeah yeah...had a talk with Chu here whilst we were cleansing our chakras in the park," Jennie muttered bashfully. "Mulled over some stuff that needed mulling and yeah. I was a major jerk and pain the ass. So...will try not to be an ass in the future."

"You swear it?" Lisa said solemnly. "Swear that there's no sneaky loophole?"

Jennie gave a faint smile. "I swear on bagels."

Bagels. Rosé couldn't help but smile. Of course, bagels. Lisa swore by bagels and now, Jennie was doing the same. They were on the path to reconcile.

The magic word was enough for Lisa to hold out her good hand for a fist bump, grinning widely, and Jennie fistbumped her back. She turned to Rosé.

"I'm sorry I keep mistrusting you. Thank you for being there for Lisa," Jennie said, and she sounded sincere enough for Rosé to immediately reply: "Bygones, unnie. I just want you to remember that we're all here for you and Lisa and you can lean on us. It's not always you against the world."

Jennie smiled in relief, glancing uncertainly back at Jisoo who was beaming proudly.

"That's a great start Jendeuk, I knew you could do it," she said, pleased. "And Pasta is right: we're here for you and Lisa, you can lean on us."

Jennie coughed, embarrassed. "Uhm, thank you but...maybe we should really get going. The concert..."

"Oh my goodness, yes yes of course right away!" Jisoo yelped and fumbled with the ignition as Lisa and Rosé chuckled together, sharing smiles once they got going.

"You did it," Rosé whispered tenderly, "I'm proud of you, baby."

Lisa smiled happily and brushed their cheeks together, content. "Thanks for the backup."

"Always."

>

"Finally y'all made it!" Somi called loudly, waving them over to the empty spot.

She was waiting for them in the school grounds with Dahyun and Chaeyoung. Parents were milling about, congregating in little groups or else turning up by themselves, chatting to teachers before the school doors opened to admit them inside for the start of the concert. The gaggle of voices were boisterous as Lisa and her group made their way to Somi.

"You girls came along too?" Rosé said in awe when they joined them.

"I hope that's alright?" Dahyun asked anxiously. "Somi said Lisa was coming, so she wanted to check it out too because she knows you and Ella, and she strung us along for more crowd support as she put it."

"Of course it's alright! The more the merrier as I say!" Lisa crowed, slinging an arm around Dahyun and Somi and trying madly to reach for Chaeyoung too, who smartly stepped out of reach.

"The whole gang's here, Daddy's girls in the house! Make way for my harem!" she bellowed, earning a few shocked stares and frowns from people around them.

Jennie stepped behind Jisoo to hide, muttering apologies to anyone in the vicinity with her face tinted pink as Jisoo merely laughed and waved cheerfully, calling out Nyongan! for extra measure. Jennie wanted to fall through the earth and never come back again.

"Why must she cause a scene everywhere she goes?" Jennie lamented.

"To make up for the attention she didn't receive as a child." Jisoo said serenely, earning a glare.

"Not helping, Jisoo! And stop encouraging her," Jennie hissed exasperatedly. Her eye twitched as she glanced around them nervously. "They're gonna kick us out. They'll think we're drunk."

"Nah. At most, they'll just think we're a bit cuckoo in the head."

"That's even worse!"

"Excuse me babe, but I thought we were exclusive?" Rosé demanded indignantly, hands on her hips and her face twisted in a frown.

Chaeyoung guffawed when Lisa's smile was wiped clean off her face. She quickly let go of the two girls she had collected in her arms, practically shoving them aside in her haste.

"No no of course we're exclusive, I was just joking!" Lisa sputtered, "old habits die hard you know, it's just a little joke, you're my one and only, I swear!"

"Hmph!" Rosé whirled away with her nose in the air, a giggle threatening to shatter her act. Lisa looked on in dismay as Somi and Dahyun snickered behind her and even Jennie's pursed mouth quirked at the corners.

"Not looking so hot now, are we?" Somi drawled. "And here I was meaning to congratulate you for getting together."

"Baby, I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you," Lisa said miserably to Rosé's back. Her bottom lip trembled, her eyes watering on the verge of tears. "I won't do that again, never ever ever ever-"

"Oh hush," Rosé chuckled, turning and cutting her off with a finger to her lips, "you're too easy sometimes."

"Rosieeeeeeee!"

"Lisaaaaaaaa!"

And just like that, Lisa's smile returned, blinding enough to rival the spotlights that illuminated the school grounds. She threaded her fingers with Rosé, swinging their hands and laughing, both enclosed in their own bubble as they gazed into each other's eyes that sparkled with mirth.

"Ah young love," Chaeyoung pronounced dreamily.

"We're standing right here, but I might as well be dead for all they care," Somi sighed, "and she hasn't once called me Mimi, or brat. I feel a little bittersweet, truth be told."

"How so?" Jennie asked curiously.

"Well, we have her, and her. Alone." Somi said with extra emphasis on the last word.

She pointed at the two girls as Rosé whispered something in Lisa's ear and Lisa threw her head back, giggling as though Rosé had uttered the funniest joke in the world. Now that she had apologised, Jennie felt strangely at peace watching her sister interact with Rosé, no lingering animosity lurking in her gut.

Jisoo had been right: letting go was always the hardest first step but now, things should come easier.

"Well, what's wrong with them?" Jennie asked with a furrowed brow.

"I can see what's happening," Somi smirked in sing-song.

"What?"

"And they don't have a clue."

"Who?"

"They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line," Somi sighed, "our trio's down to two."

"Uh if you're including me and Dubu, that should be a quintet," Chaeyoung pointed out.

"You're quoting Lion King!" Jisoo said triumphantly as Jennie stared, gob-smacked.

"Somi really? Quit the drama," Dahyun laughed.

"Ze sweet caress of twilight," Somi wiggled her eyebrows, snagging behind them and springing out in turn, "there's magic everywhere-"

"She's not taking this very well, is she?" Jisoo chuckled.

"-and! with all this romantic atmosphere, disaster's in the airrrrrrrr..."

Jennie coughed. "Well, quite an ominous note to end on but nice rendition I suppose, better than when you were drunk screeching at the party. You missed out, Dahyun."

"Drunk screeching? Excuse you! You were the one squawking on stage and I even have proof!" Somi fired back.

"You what? I did what?" Jennie gawked at her. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh I thought you remembered? You sang on stage," Jisoo giggled. "You karaoke-d like there's no tomorrow, Jen."

"You're joking, right? I know I drank a lot and let loose and yeah I danced and sang but...but not on stage?" Jennie spluttered. She wasn't liking the way everyone around her was wearing wicked grins.

"You heard me! You were caught in 4K singing your lungs out!" Somi held up her phone triumphantly. "Here Dubu, lemme show ya."

Jennie paled when the unmistakable sound of her throaty drunk singing reached her ears.

"Delete it."

"No."

"Delete it!"

"Never!"

"Mimi I swear-"

"Not gonna lie, you were kinda singing drunk at one point," Lisa chimed in suddenly, inserting herself in the conversation with a smirk. She seemed to be done simpering over Rosé. "All of us were. We missed you, Dubu."

"From what Chaeyoung told me you seemed to get along pretty fine," Dahyun chuckled as Jennie and Somi bickered about the fateful video in the background, "congrats on getting together with Rosé, finally."

"Wait where's Rosé?" Jisoo asked.

"Gone in to see Ella, they'll start letting us in soon," Lisa explained, "Seulgi came for her."

"Never thought I'd see the day where Lisa settles down, did you Jen?" Somi winked, looking extra pleased with herself as a dejected Jennie slunk back to Jisoo's side. It was clear that Somi had won and got to keep the video.

Jennie looked at Lisa, her glum expression replaced with the hint of a smile. "No, I never thought so either but I suppose things can change," she said, making Lisa's grin broaden.

"Lisa got her girl," Chaeyoung beamed and waggled her eyebrows. "You know what that means."

Dahyun nodded solemnly. "We can finally sing."

"Sing?" Lisa said warily.

Chaeyoung snapped her fingers and Dahyun and Somi chorused: "Lisa and Rosé sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G-"

They didn't get to finish the rest of the verse because Lisa took one forceful step forward and the three of them scarpered, laughing.

"I thought I heard extra loud noise, like a gaggle of geese have gathered, and thought it might be you girls. I wasn't wrong," Irene chuckled, joining them and greeting Jennie and Jisoo. "Where's Rosé?"

"Thank goodness, you're here!" Jennie exclaimed. "Maybe they'll all calm down now."

"Well it's not like they listen to me either but we can pretend we don't know them together," Irene smiled. "Have you seen Seulgi?"

"Present," said a low voice from behind her and Seulgi appeared, looking very smart in her pencil skirt, shirt and blazer.

"What, don't tell me you've been waiting for her to show up before you joined us?" Jisoo accused with a smirk. "Felt embarrassed huh?"

"Guilty as charged," Seulgi laughed, "I've a reputation to keep unfortunately so...can't have myself carted off the grounds along with the rest of you lot." She turned to Irene, eyes softening. "Hey Hyun."

"Hey," Irene replied quietly. "You look nice."

"Thanks, you too."

"How are you?"

"I'm okay, had a little headache earlier but it's cleared up."

"Maybe stress."

"Maybe."

Jennie watched them keep a respectable distance from each other and hold polite small talk. She suddenly understood the reason for their distance.

This was different than Somi's party. Professionalism and people's prejudices wouldn't allow for conscientious people like Seulgi and Irene to show their affection openly.

She glanced at Jisoo and found her looking back at her, apparently having come to the same conclusion as well. Jisoo gave a small resigned smile, as though pained by the notion of hiding or so Jennie fancied, and quickly picked up a conversation with the two women.

But Jennie couldn't shake off that brief flash of pain on Jisoo's face, making her wonder for the first time what Jisoo had gone through in exchange for being so open about her identity, the price of being frank and fortright with her sexuality.

Jennie wasn't naive to think it had all been rainbows and sunshine, but Jisoo had always been so cheerfully nonchalant about the whole issue that it never caused Jennie to question her journey, until now.

She inched a little closer to Jisoo until they were standing shoulder to shoulder, her hand hanging at her side. She inserted herself in the conversation at times but her attention was elsewhere.

Her knuckles grazed the back of Jisoo's hand, little finger brushing slowly, searching for its twin. Jisoo carried on talking but Jennie noticed how her breath caught in between one word or another. Jennie pressed on, finally succeeding in hooking their little fingers together and making her inwardly cheer.

Jisoo faltered for a moment but then her finger held tighter on to Jennie's as she continued speaking, making Jennie smile.

Holding Jisoo's finger was a small thing to show her solidarity and support, but she hoped Jisoo would be able to read her intention, as she had gotten so good at doing.

>

"Baby breathe, it's going to be okay," Rosé soothed, trying hard not to sound frantic in front of her daughter as she rubbed her back.

"I don't think I can do it," Ella said miserably, gulping in air as she hyperventilated. "I feel like puking. Or peeing. Or both. Mom please, can I sit this out? I can't play, my hands are too sweaty! They'll slip and I...I can't play..."

"It's okay, it's okay, come here sweetheart," Rosé murmured and hugged her close, rubbing her back consolingly as she silently prayed for Ella to calm down in time.

Seulgi had discreetly come to fetch her earlier, reporting that Ella was getting anxious with stage fright, but though Rosé had tried every trick in the book to soothe her daughter's nerves before taking the stage, nothing seemed to be working.

They were backstage and already, she could hear the sounds of the noisy auditorium as families filed in and took their seats, their voices carrying to where Rosé and Ella sat like the roar of waves breaking on shore.

Other little kids backstage were in varying states of excitement while harried teachers scurried past, shouting some last minute commands or tending to costume accidents and boisterous children.

Rosé and Ella had managed to find a quiet little corner by themselves for Rosé to try and console her daughter but time was pressing-Mr Lee's class of junior performers were going to be one of the first acts of the evening. Far too soon, she heard the school principal take to the stage to address the auditorium with his opening speech.

The pressure was proving to be overwhelming for her daughter and Rosé was quietly at her wit's end.

"There you are!"

Her heart immediately leapt at the sound of Lisa's chuckle behind her and she whirled around in disbelief. "Lisa?"

"Present," Lisa grinned, "got bored so I thought I'd find my girls before the show starts. What's the hold up?"

"How did you get in? You're not supposed to be here," Rosé said in hushed tones as she glanced around nervously but nobody was paying them attention. "If somebody catches you..."

"No way they will, I snuck in like a spy," Lisa said proudly, "I was like the penguins of Madagascar on a stealth mission, I was so cool!" She peered around them, nose scrunched up. "But holy bagels, ain't it hella dusty and dark in here! It's like a batcave, only it has pretty ladies instead of bats."

Ella giggled, making hope unfurl in Rosé's chest at the sound.

"Aww what's up, kiddo? Not feeling well?" Lisa said in concern, noticing Ella's red eyes and dried tear streaks on her face.

"Got a little bit of stage fright," Rosé explained, brushing Ella's hair.

"Aww. You good now?" Lisa asked sympathetically. Ella shook her head dolefully.

"I'm scared I'll mess up and everyone will laugh at me and Mr Lee will yell at me," she sniffed.

Lisa hummed thoughtfully before she crouched level with her chair. "Hey, wanna know a secret?"

Ella's eyes grew round. "What?"

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" Lisa said solemnly. Ella held out her pinky finger and they did a pinky promise, the sight warming Rosé's heart.

"You know, I get some of that pesky stage fright sometimes too, before my boxing matches," Lisa confessed. "I start shaking like mad, my legs turn to jelly." Ella looked at her in disbelief.

"No way you don't!"

"I do! Rosie, tell her I do!"

"Uh...you do?" Rosé said, puzzled.

"Yeah, it never gets old. My hands get all sweaty and clammy and I think that I gotta go pee, even though I had just peed. Everyone gets stage fright. But tell you what, let's make a deal, shall we?" Lisa winked. "You go out there, show them who's boss. And after that, we'll go get McDonald's later. Or any kind of burger really."

"McDonald's?" Ella squealed, forgetting her fears in the blink of an eye. She leapt to her feet excitedly. "Oh Mommy can we? Please please say yes! I haven't had a Happy Meal in foreverrrrrrr!"

Rosé couldn't help but laugh at the sight of two eager faces in front of her waiting hopefully for a positive answer. Who was she to deny them? "Alright, we'll go to McDonald's-"

"YAY!" Lisa and Ella cheered, fistbumping each other and Rosé shook her head fondly, pleased to see her daughter in better spirits.

"So, is that a deal then? You play the piano and we get burgers as a reward?" Lisa said at last.

Ella nodded firmly, even though she never stopped wiping her palms down her front. "Po the panda was also scared sometimes, but he was still a good kung fu warrior and fought. I'm gonna be like that."

"Atta girl, go get'em then!" Lisa encouraged with a pat to her head. Ella hugged her mother one more time, waved and darted away to join her group, leaving the two women smiling as they walked out.

"So...McDonald's, huh?" Rosé commented, her heart light with relief. Lisa had been a life-saver once again and for that alone, Rosé wanted to smother her with kisses. It would have to wait though since anybody could catch them and she wasn't too keen on having her private life exposed.

"Figured a little reward might distract her for a while. And it's always a good time for a burger, I say. You did mention you like them too, so it's a win-win," Lisa grinned.

"Hmm. I like the way you think." Seeing that the coast was clear, Rosé took the opportunity to press a grateful kiss to her cheek, lingering close enough to whisper: "Thank you for talking to Ella and calming her down."

"Of course babe. I have a way with the Park women, it's a gift," said Lisa smugly. Rosé could only shake her head and laugh as they hurried to the auditorium.

>

"Jisoo, you outdid yourself," Lisa said happily as she waved her neon glowstick. Five more colourful glow sticks fashioned like bangles slid up and down her arm as she waved energetically. "See, I told you we should have lightsticks Rosie! Lucky for me, my unicorn buddy came through!"

Jisoo merely smiled as she distributed the glowsticks amongst their group. Seulgi had gone backstage so Irene sat with them as well, though both her and Jennie did their utmost to distance themselves from the noisy group. However, once Jisoo started handing out lightsticks, they grudgingly took one of their own.

Several wary parents had watched them curiously until Jisoo offered them for free, after which they eagerly helped themselves and Jisoo, having bought quite a stack, generously handed over a couple to whoever asked.

Soon, a sizeable number of people around them had glowsticks to wave around as the night progressed. The children loved it, sometimes getting distracted from their routines to wave back at the audience. It made Lisa roar with laughter and Rosé watched her with a little smile, savouring her laughter, but she was too tense to join in as she waited with mounting trepidation for Ella's turn.

Lisa seemed to have cottoned on to her anxiousness because she secretly clasped their hands together, holding it close when Ella's act was announced.

When a visibly nervous Ella walked on stage towards the baby grand piano, Lisa leaped to her feet whooping and calling her name until Jennie forcibly pulled her to sit down, apologising profusely to their neighbouring seatmates even though some joined Lisa in cheering for Ella.

Ella on her part waved, her eyes widening when she saw the glowsticks and spotted Lisa waving her arms like a windmill, with Rosé waving next to her. Her smile widened to a grin and she settled herself on the piano with more ease to start playing her piece.

Rosé felt the tears well up as she watched her baby perform, joy mingling with the memories of all the hardships she had gone through for Ella to be up on the stage shining like a star. Seeing Ella confidently pull off her performance with a dash of flourish had her sniff and dab her eyes as her emotions crested like a wave and spilled.

She was beyond proud-sitting in a gloomy auditorium next to the girl she was falling in love with every day and watching her daughter do something she loved felt like the pinnacle of all Rosé's sacrifices had finally paid off.

"Oh baby, hey hey, hands off the face or you're gonna look...like...oh," Lisa trailed off. "Oh baby..." she dug into Rosé's purse for a tissue, tutting lightly as she dabbed carefully at Rosé's eyes.

"I look like a panda now don't I?" Rosé laughed, well aware she had smudged her eyeliner.

"Well, Ella likes pandas and so do I," Lisa winked as the applause for Ella subsided around them and the next kid walked across the stage.

But Rosé didn't notice, she was too busy drowning in Lisa's eyes that sparkled with mirth in the dark auditorium, reflecting the spotlight on stage.

Their faces seemed to be inching closer and closer, and Rosé felt her heartbeat pound in her ears.

"Thank you," Rosé whispered, "Ella did it because of you."

"No," Lisa said softly, "she did it because of you. I just gave the final push. You have been there since the beginning Rosie."

"I want to kiss you," Rosé husked.

"Me too," Lisa rasped back as new strains of music reached their ears, "but is it wise to do it in front of everyone?"

Rosé licked her lips and almost said I don't care, her core wound tight with desire, when the voice of reason showed up at the last minute and she drew back reluctantly as clarity returned.

No, it wouldn't be wise-society at large was still judging, she would not have her thirst be the reason Ella gets targeted and bullied. Besides, she had to be careful of Yang's henchmen and informants.

They could be anywhere and ever since the night of Seokjin's attack, she was wary, checking over her shoulder when walking outside. She still hadn't gotten the chance to question Yang about what had happened of the old Seokjin that she knew. The night's events had her thinking for days but she could not figure out any logical reason for his mysterious reappearance.

Rosé shut the lid on her lust and sat back with a quiet sigh. "No, I suppose not."

Lisa squeezed her hand as a consolation. "Aw, turn that frown upside down. I hate seeing my baby all pouty...even though it's kinda cute," she cooed. "My cutie chipmunk, my baby baby Rosie!"

Without meaning to, Rosé smiled and her mood lightened with each endearment Lisa whispered as the concert progressed. She couldn't stay glum for long, not with her girlfriend around.

>

"You guys should really tone down with the thirst show you had going on," Jennie said peevishly afterwards as they were filing out of the hall, "we're in public."

"We can do what we like, actually," Lisa said loftily. She paused at a tap from Rosé on her shoulder.

"No, she's right," Rosé said quietly, surprising Lisa and Jennie. Even Jisoo was silently nodding in agreement.

"Once you declare your status and sexuality, some people will care for little else. They judge you for it," Jisoo told Lisa. "I can tolerate it, but you have to also be mindful of how it will affect other people around you, and if they're okay with that. Hence why when I was seeing Rosé, we tried to be discreet, per her request."

Rosé took a deep breath, figuring she and Lisa needed this conversation sooner or later. "I was getting ahead of myself back in there. But they're both right, Lisa. It's not wise to...to be kissing and stuff out in the open. In front of friends it's okay, I don't mind the PDA, but if there's other people...I'm not comfortable with it and also, because of Ella. I don't want people targeting and bullying her because their ignorance blinds them to the feelings you and I have for each other."

She smiled nervously at Lisa. "So...hope you'll be okay with that, going forward?"

"Yeah I get it... but does this mean we can't hold hands while we're out?" Lisa said sadly. "Or kisses on the cheek?"

"Oh no no baby, those are perfectly fine, everyone does them," Rosé comforted, taking Lisa's hand as she spoke. "There, see? Is that better, grumpy?"

Lisa nodded happily, swinging their arms energetically even as they all met up again with Somi, Chaeyoung and Dahyun and waited for Ella outside in the school grounds. She was going to be picked up by Seulgi from backstage, along with Irene who went in search of her.

"Well, what's y'all's plans for tonight? Chaeng, Dubu, you wanna come over to my place or should we hit the town? I can call up some friends. Anyone else wanna join?"

"Sorry Mimi, me and Rosie got plans," Lisa said importantly. "I'm taking my girl and Ella to McDonald's. My treat!"

"They grow so fast," Chaeyoung said emotionally, pretending to wipe tears. "I remember a time when you didn't even want to visit your future girlfriend!"

"How the tables turn," Dahyun mused.

"McDonald's?" Somi scoffed. "For a first date? Couldn't you pick somewhere classier, you got some money to splurge now."

"Mind yo business, brat! Rosie likes burgers, Ella likes burgers, I like burgers so it's settled." Lisa stuck her tongue out. "When you hook up with Daehwi oppar, you can splash out somewhere fancy for all I care."

"Aha! She doesn't care about you dating Daehwi now that she's taken," Dahyun noted.

"Of course she doesn't," Somi snorted, "she was just worried I'd get to date before she did."

"Shut up!"

"Well, what about you Jen? Jisoo? You can come hang out with us too, we had a blast at my party."

"Actually, Jendeuk and I have plans too," Jisoo announced.

The other girls stared, their eyes darting in between them, full of questions.

"A...a date?" Somi said eagerly. Her face fell when Jennie shook her head.

"Just gonna watch a movie at her place," Jennie muttered bashfully.

But before Somi or anyone else could speak again, Ella finally appeared. She ran full tilt towards her mother, catching her in a hug around the middle. Seulgi and Irene brought up the rear.

"Mom! Mom! I did it, did you see I did it, I played it all, I did it! Didn't I play well?" Ella cried.

"Sure did baby!" Rosé laughed in reply and hugged her close even as the others drew around them to congratulate Ella. "I'm so so so proud of you sweetie!"

"You did it kiddo. Next stop, McDonald's!" Lisa announced as she fistbumped Ella. "Atta girl!"

"I saw the lightsticks!" Ella said excitedly, pointing at the colourful sticks still clasped around their wrists and arms. "Where did you get them? I want some too!"

"So that was you guys, I should have known," Seulgi remarked. "There was a bit of an uproar backstage, every kid wanted to see your lightsticks all at once."

"Sorry," said Lisa sheepishly.

"We handled it. If anything it was actually a great distraction for the kids, their nerves all but disappeared."

Jisoo rummaged in her bag and miraculously found three sticks left over. "I knew I made the right choice saving them. Here you go El, now you're one of us."

"Yay!" Ella cheered as Somi bent down to help her fashion bracelets.

"Ella don't forget to thank them now," Rosé reminded before she raised her head to nod gratefully at Jisoo. "That's really sweet of you, unnie, thanks."

As everyone was still fussing over Ella, Lisa edged subtly closer to Jennie standing by herself at the edge of the group.

"What?" Jennie asked in an undertone when Lisa was standing next to her.

Lisa grinned. "Nothing. So, movie night huh?"

"Don't you start as well-"

"I'm not, I'm not! It's just...things seem to be progressing, hmm?"

"It's not what you think," Jennie said. She took a deep breath. "At the park, Jisoo and I talked about you and me. And with her help, I'm going to try and give you space, to give us space. I'm going to...to try and find out what I am and what I can do when I'm not focusing solely on you.

Who am I when I'm not your trainer 24/7? Who is that Jennie? What does she like to do? What hobbies does she like? What movies? Likes, dislikes? I'm going to try and find out, because I barely even know myself. It's been grind grind grind for the past few years and...well, I didn't notice how much of myself I don't know yet."

Lisa nodded slowly. "But...we're still going to be seeing each other..."

"Don't be silly." Jennie actually smiled at her. "Of course we are. You do know you shouldn't stop training entirely, right?"

"I know," Lisa said despondently. She scratched at her pink cast, realising she was unconsciously trying to click her wrist. "I like the movie night idea. And I'm glad Jisoo was of help."

"She is. She always is..." Jennie trailed off before she abruptly turned to Lisa again.

"Lisa, I just..." she shut her mouth, rethinking, before speaking again. "Do you think Hwangssabu would be mad at me?"

"Why?"

"We...fought."

"We squabbled all the time, remember? He was used to that," Lisa pointed out. She pulled a face. "Remember he used to press our faces into his armpits to get us to stop fighting? Eugh."

Jennie snorted at the memory. "Until you got cocky enough to flip him."

"Well, let him stick his face in his own smelly armpit and see how he likes that!"

Jennie was openly chuckling now before she sobered up, watching Jisoo say something and having the rest of their group laugh as Ella clamoured to be let in on the joke.

"We're still outsiders, in a way," Jennie said, her voice so soft that Lisa almost didn't hear weren't she standing close. "Always looking in from the shop window, like we did when we went to the mall with no money in our pockets."

Lisa rested a hesitant hand on her shoulder. "It doesn't have to be like that, Nini. I've got Rosie and you...Jisoo is good for you. She's stuck by you."

Jennie smiled wanly, training her gaze on the group once more and it struck Lisa how much like Hwangssabu her sister appeared, his invisible imprint made flesh in the way she pursed her lip and her gaze narrowed as she focused on the scene in front of her.

Though she wasn't his daughter by blood, there were echoes of Hwangssabu that manifested in Jennie, which Lisa noticed sometimes, especially when she was missing him.

During such times, all she had to do was look for Jennie and there he was, her mentor and father figure compressed in the petite build of her sister.

Hwangssabu appeared in Jennie's dry wit, in the way she held herself back, aloof and calm, the way she planned and went over tactics, the way she spoke precisely, calculating her moves like a cautious chess player, the way she didn't deal with emotions and had near meltdowns under extreme stress, the way she wasn't afraid to grit her teeth and do what needed to be done for her and Lisa, the way she was closed off from everyone...

As Irene or Matt (Lisa forgot who) had put it once, Jennie was Hwangssabu's kid through and through.

"D-Hwangssabu would have wanted you happy," Lisa said finally. "You know he always trusted you to do the good thing and lead me when he wasn't around. So I'm sure he wouldn't want you beating yourself up either for every misstep."

"Chu said something along those lines," Jennie said thoughtfully. "Maybe you're both on to something."

A lull fell in the conversation, making Lisa realise how much quieter the school grounds had gotten as most people had left save for a few families still catching up.

Her gaze met Rosé's, who was watching them intently. She raised an inquiring eyebrow but Lisa shook her head and Rosé relaxed, nodding in understanding before she turned back to the conversation, where Somi and Jisoo seemed to be narrating the events of the party to Dahyun. At one point Irene groaned out loud and everyone laughed.

"Let's join them?" Lisa suggested. "Unless you got something else on your mind?"

Jennie shrugged. "How are you going to get to McDonald's?"

"I'm sure Jisoo will drop us there if I ask nicely."

"You got cash?"

Lisa stopped short, biting her lip. She didn't need to pat her pockets to know they were pitifully empty. She hadn't grabbed any cash when she left the Vault earlier. "Ah..."

Jennie opened her small purse and handed Lisa a wad of bills. "Don't go throwing it about now, you don't want to get mugged, especially with this," and she tapped Lisa's cast. "That should cover for food and taxi fare. Have fun but be careful okay?"

Lisa's eyes sparkled. "You're a life-saver! I could hug you right now!"

"Maybe we should try doing it more often," Jennie said. Lisa's mouth dropped open as her eyes widened.

"Holy bagels, what the hell did you and Jisoo talk about?"

"Shut up and hug me before the moment is gone," Jennie said gruffly. She stiffened when Lisa embraced her but Lisa didn't let go of her and soon Jennie had loosened up considerably.

The only thing Lisa could think of was that right now, Jennie resembled a grumpy cat wary of affection but at the same time savouring it-rarely had they hugged for the sake of hugging, as other people do.

"Enjoy your movie," Lisa said once they parted. She knew better than to comment about the hug any further. "What are you going to watch anyway?"

Jennie shrugged. "A surprise."

Lisa tilted her head. "Funny name for a movie."

"It's not the name, you idiot. I meant Jisoo didn't tell me because she wants it to be a surprise, but she said it's a cinematic masterpiece. For some reason, that has me even more concerned."

Lisa simply clapped her on the back with a wide grin. "Have fun, don't get too freaky, the neighbours will hear you."

"It's not like that!" Jennie called exasperatedly but Lisa had already darted away.

>

There weren't many people at McDonald's when Rosé, Lisa and Ella walked in. Certainly they were the only family present, but nobody knew that.

Yes, they were practically a family already. It felt so right to say it-the way Lisa fit in so seamlessly with their little unit made it natural, even though it had been barely a week.

"Rosie, let me," Lisa said as she gallantly pulled out a chair for Rosie to slip in. "Now hold tight while we get the orders. Mommy deserves a break now and then, don't you think so, El?"

"Yeah!" Ella tipped her chin up. "We got this Mom. I know your order, come on Lisa unnie!"

"You know kiddo, you can drop the unnie now, your mom and I are dating," Lisa joked.

"Ok Lisa, come on!" Ella said without missing a beat.

"Right behind you!"

Rosé smiled as she watched them go stand beneath the display boards and engage in earnest conversation while low music played throughout the store as she waited at the table. From time to time, Lisa would glance back at Rosé and pull a face or wink, eliciting a smile.

When Lisa did finger guns at her, Rosé answered in kind, chuckling when Lisa dramatically clutched her heart as though mortally wounded. She could see even the person at the counter taking Lisa's orders was trying to hide their smile at her antics.

Then Lisa discreetly sent her a flying kiss, which Rosé caught and pressed to her heart. She didn't care that the gesture was cheesy and that they looked like a pair of flirty teenagers-it was Lisa behind the gesture, and her every action made Rosé's tummy flutter.

Though she had agreed with Jennie about keeping their relationship lowkey, Rosé longed to show her affection for Lisa openly without a care in the world, to kiss her and hear that addictive giggle without checking over her shoulder, to flaunt Lisa and make sure everyone knew she belonged to the tough blonde boxer, so that no other guy would dare hit on her again.

Her exuberant mood dipped as reality seeped in again. It was a wistful fantasy to wish for such a life where she was entirely free, where she and Ella lived with peace of mind alongside Lisa in a blissful existence full of nothing but laughter, warmth and love.

Love...

Rosé pondered whilst she watched Lisa and Ella trade excited gibberish.

It was early days to say for certain whether their relationship would progress far enough, but Rosé knew with a certain conviction that the seeds had already been sown.

Despite her secrets, she wanted to make everything work somehow, to juggle her new relationship with her double life without her boss getting to know about Lisa, especially since he seemed to harbour a special interest in her.

The question was, could she do it without ruining everything in the process? Or could she hold out on Lisa's promise of staying even when she came clean about everything that was happening? Lisa would lend her strength, would be her rock...wouldn't she?

Rosé shook her head. It was early days, she might scare Lisa away, if she told her at all.

Every moment with Lisa was precious and selfishly, Rosé wanted to savour their time together before delving into talking about something so heinous as her job as a runner for a crime boss, all the felonies she committed and the money she stole from innocent people.

Deep, deep, deep down, far too deep to perhaps even be aware, Rosé had a foreboding feeling that ultimately, things wouldn't work out the way she wanted, because that's how life had always played out for her.

Lisa would leave and run as far away as possible upon discovering the web of lies, and Rosé wouldn't blame her.

It was probably inevitable, but what Lisa didn't know couldn't hurt, right?

Rosé sighed, battling with her dilemma. Secrets never made good foundations for a steady relationship, but in turn, honesty might cost her everything.

Besides, she frowned, remembering Lisa's uneasiness with questions regarding her background, she wasn't the only one with secrets. She didn't want to pressure Lisa, but wondering about why Lisa kept such a tight lip on her childhood wouldn't help ease her worries.

Rather than facing a storm head on, Rosé wanted to hang on desperately hoping that somehow, things would turn out alright and she would get to stay in her little fantasy indefinitely. Dreams were dangerous to have, but her wish to be with Lisa had already come true-maybe if she was smart and clever enough, she could keep up the happy illusion.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Lisa's voice broke her out of her pensive thoughts and Rosé shook her head with a small smile, her face lighting up at the sight of the tray filled with burger boxes and fries and soda.

"I was thinking that I was feeling very left out," she pouted.

"Well I hope that a Bacon Super Deluxe will make up for it?" Lisa laughed as Ella busily dug into a Happy Meal and whooped when she came up with her toy.

"I got the blue one!"

"Kiddo, you'd said you'd wait for me!" Lisa complained, hastily digging into a second Happy Meal bag.

"You got a Happy Meal too?" Rosé said in amusement. "Babe, it's for kids."

"Yeah well, I wanted the toy so I told the people at the counter that Ella had a big appetite," Lisa winked, finally pulling out her own toy. "Aww man I wanted the yellow one!"

Rosé couldn't help but laugh at Lisa's immense disappointment. "Aww I'm sorry baby, maybe they can swap it out for you?"

"Eh it's whatever. Let's dig in, I'm starving!"

They dug in, enjoying their burgers in between Ella regaling them with stories from school and telling Lisa about Leo and Lego's shenanigans. The atmosphere was jovial and Rosé was on cloud nine, rubbing shoulder with Lisa every so often and savouring her daughter's happy face as they talked. Lisa even entertained Ella by having the toys battle in a Mega Epic Battle.

The battle got a little too boisterous, ending with Ella's spilled soda. Undeterred, Lisa coolly mopped up the spillage with napkins and even gave Ella the rest of her soda to sip on while Rosé looked on with approval.

Lisa sometimes had her forget she could be so thoughtful and considerate but here she was, practically rocking the parent role and making Rosé swoon.

"Rosie, you got some sauce here, lemme get that."

Rosé blinked awake from her thoughts when Lisa dabbed her cheek with the napkin, tongue sticking out in concentration.

"Was there even any sauce? I'm sure I ate carefully."

"Good excuse to do this," Lisa grinned and without warning, she poked her cheek. "Boop!"

"Lisa!" Rosé swatted her head but Lisa ducked away chuckling.

And if they weren't in public, in full view of people and their daughter, Rosé would have either thrown her fries at her girlfriend or tackled her with kisses.

Either way, she would have done both with a laugh.

>

"Door locked? Check. Movie on standby? Check. Popcorn? Check. Lights out? Check. Pikachu plushy for snuggles? Check."

"Can we just start the movie already?" Jennie said, dwarfed by the giant Pikachu stuffed toy sitting next to her. Dalgom made a noise that sounded suspiciously like an exasperated groan.

"One grumpy girl and one grumpy dog waiting on the sofa? Check." Jisoo grinned as she joined them and took up the remote.

Imperial music started playing on the dark screen as text scrawled upwards, very much like the Star Wars introductory text scrawl at the beginning of the movie.

But they weren't watching Star Wars, they were watching...

"Spaceballs?" Jennie repeated."What's Spaceballs?"

"Only the bestest best movie ever!" Jisoo exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Never heard of it."

"Well then it's my pleasure to introduce it to you! Get ready to have the greatest cinematic experience of your life that will blow. Your. Mind! I'm jealous that you get to watch Spaceballs for the first time."

Jennie smiled now as she recalled how Jisoo had fussed to prepare "to set the cinema vibe" after they arrived from Ella's concert. She glanced to her side, watching Jisoo hold Pikachu's paw as she munched on popcorn from the bowl that sat between them, eyes glued to the screen.

It was an endearing sight, enough for Jennie to turn her eyes back to the screen to pay proper attention to what was going on.

They had talked at length at the park, with Jisoo having suggested movies as a good place to start finding out what kind of person Jennie was and help give the sisters some space.

"Consider this as an intro to Jisoo yoga," Jisoo had winked.

"I thought that involved actual yoga."

"You thought. But what you think and what is might actually be different," Jisoo giggled. Jennie had narrowed her eyes suspiciously but let it go, for now.

Even if the movie might turn out to not be to her taste, at the very least Jennie owed Jisoo respect for going to all the trouble of putting up with her and helping her.

To Jennie's surprise, however, she found herself immersed in the movie, which was a Star Wars parody and never took itself too seriously, which was the best part. The puns and innuendos came thick and fast and although Jennie understood there were many references to Star Wars that flew over her head, she could still appreciate the farcical comedy on screen.

Jisoo laughed many times, hearty belly laughs that had her writhing on the ground, wheezing. Jennie didn't laugh, but she snorted and chuckled far more than she expected over the course of the two hours, partly because seeing Jisoo laugh was somehow infectious. Laughter bubbled in her throat without warning and though the old reflex of swallowing down her mirth kicked in each time, Jennie still thoroughly enjoyed herself.

She wasn't sure if it was because the movie's gimmicky humour or Jisoo's contagious laughter, but Jennie felt just as relaxed as she had at the park, wrapped in comfort and safety, able to breathe freely without the heavy stone sitting on her chest. Its weight had actually lightened ever since she spoke with Lisa, easing up on squashing her under guilt and shame.

"Sooooooo what do you think?" Jisoo beamed when the credits rolled. "Awesome right?"

"Yeah," Jennie nodded, "I have to give it to you, you started off pretty solid Chu."

"Just pretty solid? What about mind blowingly brilliant! Come on, wasn't it?"

"Guess so," Jennie conceded, enjoying how Jisoo pouted at her. "I think my favourite character was Dark Helmet."

"Because he's short like you?"

"Jisoo!" Jennie gasped and Jisoo stuck her tongue out at her. "Well let me guess, yours is Barf?"

"What makes you think that?"

"He's a dog-person, and you're a dog person. Match made in heaven, I say. Or should that be in the stars?"

"Witty, very witty," Jisoo huffed, hiding a smile as Jennie giggled. "It's sad Lord Helmet doesn't like yogurt, unlike you. You could have been soulmates."

"Jisoo," Jennie groaned in between snickering.

"I'm serious! He's got that whole evil vibe going on, I'm sure you could roll with that."

"Roll with this," Jennie retorted. Next second one of the couch pillows hit Jisoo square in the face and she tumbled off the couch with a yell followed by the popcorn bowl. Dalgom joined in, yapping excitedly.

"Man down, man down!" Jisoo cried dramatically, flailing amongst the golden kernels.

"I'll save you!" called Jennie, equally dramatically, throwing herself down as she scrabbled to reach Jisoo. But once she hovered over her, Jennie flashed a smirk and Jisoo knew she was doomed.

Jennie's fingers came down hard, tickling a helpless Jisoo until she was squealing and shrieking and squirming out of reach. Dalgom joined the fray, his furry body smothering Jisoo as she lay trapped in Jennie's clutches while Jennie tickled her mercilessly.

"Jendeuk, stop stop I'm gonna pee myself! Please!" Jisoo gasped. "Please!"

Jennie finally relented, both girls flushed and panting hard from exertion as they grinned at each other.

"What...was...that?" Jisoo wheezed.

Jennie just shrugged. "I have my playful moments."

It had not escaped her how close they were, with Jennie propped on her arms while on her knees, bracketed by Jisoo's legs. By the lightwash of the TV screen, Jennie could count Jisoo's eyelashes framing wide eyes.

Jennie's own eyes skipped down to Jisoo's heart-shape lips and her heart pounded the longer they sat there, caught in each other's gaze, unable to move, not wanting to move.

I should get up, Jennie thought distantly, I need to get up for Jisoo to get up, I need to move first.

But her body didn't react, frozen and stuck in place. Dalgom lost interest now that the action had come to a standstill and Jennie saw him disappearing out of the room from the corner of her eye. She still didn't move, as though her limbs had forgotten how to function.

"Jen?" Jisoo said and damn, Jennie felt that husky timbre ignite her core with just one syllable. All Jennie could see beneath her was a vision from her deepest, darkest fantasies that she would never, ever even dare to ponder during the day: Jisoo splayed out beneath her, waiting for her with a sinful smile on her lips.

"Jen," Jisoo said again. She smiled, reaching out carefully with one hand to hook a strand of hair behind Jennie's ear, knuckles brushing her cheek tenderly. "You're so beautiful, Jen."

Jennie would never admit it, but she loved the way Jisoo said her name, any variation of her name.

In Lisa's mouth, her name sounded like duty and hardship. In her ex's mouth, her name sounded like pain and rage.

In Jisoo's mouth, her name sounded gentle, an entreaty of adoration, almost like a worshipper uttering a prayer.

Jennie's mouth ran dry but she licked her lips and managed to blurt out something vaguely coherent, naked in its vulnerable longing: "I want to kiss you."

Jisoo nodded, careful. "Okay," she said simply.

Jennie struggled, fingers clenching. "I don't want things to change."

I'm straight, I'm straight, I'm straight, chanted the old mantra in her head but it was weak and pathetic now, a silly flippant excuse.

No, she wasn't straight, not when it came to Jisoo. That was't the issue here. The chanting voice faded, replaced with the omnipresent fears that had her shrink away and lock up her heart.

The fear of being hurt, again.

The fear of being left behind, again.

The fear of not being enough, never enough.

The fear of losing, always losing.

Fear kept her walls up until Jisoo, until the stubborn girl who insisted on learning about her and break down the door to her heart, even as Jennie chased her away, but Jisoo came back, relentless.

"Things don't have to change. We're still Jisoo and Jennie. We're still friends," Jisoo said gently. "But change isn't always bad either. It's all up to you Jendeuk."

She looked up at Jennie, a note of sadness in her voice. "We can get up right now and pretend this never happened."

But Jennie shook her head. No, she had gone too far to go back to skirting around the question of what she wanted from Jisoo. She was done running.

And she could sense that Jisoo, despite doing her utmost to stay calm, was also slightly shaking, from anticipation or nerves Jennie couldn't tell. The tension between them simmered and flared with each blink of the eye.

It was a showdown, each daring the other to move first: to back away or lean in and shatter the stalemate once and for all.

"I don't want to lose you," Jennie whispered in the deathly quiet that followed.

She closed her eyes and a hot tear escaped her eyelid, her admission stinging raw as all her shortcomings flashed in her mind's eye. "Every time...each and every time I care about someone...I lose them somehow. I can't lose you too. I can't."

A soft, cool hand delicately wiped her tear away and Jennie opened her eyes. Jisoo cupped her face, her eyes asking to bear her pain. "Let go, Jendeuk," she said softly. "I will be here, no matter what happens."

"You're just saying that."

"I can prove it, if you'll let me," Jisoo said earnestly.

Her eyes fluttered rapidly when Jennie leaned down, stopping a hair's breadth away from their lips touching. She could almost taste the butter on Jennie's breath but her attention flickered back and forth from Jennie's feline eyes to her lips.

"You already have," Jennie whispered. "But I'm selfish for more."

And then Jennie was kissing her, and Jisoo was kissing back, and they were both smiling, and they didn't stop kissing even as Jennie sat back on her heels and pulled Jisoo up with her, hands clutching Jisoo's hips tightly as she whispered in her ear, a litany of desperation and desire composed of just one word: Jisoo, Jisoo, Jisoo, which was followed by a blistering kiss that rapidly multiplied in force, in passion, in urgency, in want.

"Bed," Jennie choked out, her eyes hooded, pupils blown wide. Jisoo merely nodded, too far gone for words as Jennie latched on to her neck.

And Jisoo's eyes rolled to the back of her head as she looped her arms around Jennie's neck and held on tightly, tight enough to feel Jennie's pulse throbbing beneath her touch, tight enough so that their chests brushed against each other, spikes of pleasure rippling throughout her body making her moan. Her ankles hooked around Jennie's back at the same time as their centres brushed, making Jisoo release a shuddering breath.

Jennie must have felt it too; she sighed in Jisoo's ear, making Jisoo shiver, before her mouth was back to tasting her skin along with her skilful fingers kneading flesh beneath her shirt.

Likewise, Jisoo could not keep her mouth off Jennie now that the fuse had been sparked. Her lips and tongue had to be in constant contact with Jennie-she was a junkie, high off the feeling of ecstasy that surged in her veins with every quiet groan that escaped Jennie, with every sharp tug to her hair-

Jisoo's head was spinning until stars flashed in front of her eyes and it had been so long since she felt oblivion about to swallow her up but she was ready, goddamn she was so ready.

Jennie strained and grunted but finally stood up, holding Jisoo from her thighs as Jisoo clung to her before making their way to the bedroom and barging in, unceremoniously dropping Jisoo on bed and clambering on as well, kicking off her shoes.

Jennie kissed her sweetly, and both smiled against each other's mouths in unison, breaking the breathless kiss only to dive back in for more, hands clutching at each other as their mouths grew frenzied, hunger consuming them faster than they could tear off their clothes.

Jisoo took the lead, a mutual understanding flashing between them as Jennie pulled her down and they toppled over each other, bed creaking in protest but they didn't care; the sensation of feverish skin on skin made their hearts seize for a split-second before they became pure movement, hands and fingers mapping the uncharted areas they could reach.

Jisoo hovered over Jennie, adoring the vision of perfection that lay on her pillows. Jennie's half-lidded eyes gleamed by the glow from Jisoo's night-light, her chest rising and falling rapidly and her face flushed pink as she took in Jisoo's body.

"You're beautiful," she said bashfully and Jisoo almost melted on the spot. She lowered herself down, careful not to squash Jennie and rested their foreheads together, stalling to bask in the moment of anticipation, drinking in Jennie's soft whines of impatience urging her to continue.

"We can stop any time," Jisoo said firmly in between pants, retaining enough wits to confirm with Jennie before she did anything else. She drew back far enough to peer into Jennie's eyes, marvelling at their beauty that had her enthralled from the first day they met. "Any time. I promise. Just say so."

Jennie looped her arms behind Jisoo's head, pulling her down to connect their lips again, her answer brave and certain as her fingers dug into Jisoo's shoulder. The scent in the room intensified, the earthy smell of their bodies and sweat mingling as the heat between Jisoo's legs threatened to blaze when Jennie met her gaze head-on, eyes hazy with lust and want.

It took all of Jisoo's strength to not take her right there and then.

"I know. I trust you not to do freaky stuff." Jennie paused, thoughtful. "Well, not too freaky for a first time with a girl, that is."

"You have my word," said Jisoo solemnly against her lips, swallowing her sigh. "I'll take good care of you, Jendeuk. You can trust me. Let go."

And Jennie did, pretty whimpers falling from her lips accompanied by needy cries of more, please and breathy moans yes there, right there followed by oh god Jisoo, don't stop and her body meanwhile arching and writhing beneath Jisoo, curving like a bow, pliable and soft, hard and unyielding at the same time.

The last vestiges of clarity had them simultaneously reach out and seek each other in the midst of their frantic desperation for release, clasping hands and holding tightly as they crested closer and closer to a blistering finale.

Jisoo Jisoo Jisoo, Jennie sobbed, and Jisoo's name was a prayer for salvation in her mouth, a plaintive cry for release as Jennie threw her head back, overwhelmed by the myriad sensations taking over her body.

Hearing Jennie say her name had Jisoo's heart leaping each time, their mouths tangling together as she keened and replied with a prayer of her own: Jennie Jennie Jennie...

They moved as one, fluid and undulating like a wave as it rolled towards the distant shore, tumbling over stones faster and faster, unstoppable as it swept everything from its path.

"Jennie," Jisoo rasped. "Look at me."

Tell me you feel what I feel. Tell me this is real, she thought, searching Jennie's face, tell me my search for love is over.

They locked gazes one last time, Jennie's tear-stained eyes piercing deep through Jisoo as they rocked against each other, moans reaching a crescendo, but they never looked away. Jennie held Jisoo's gaze fiercely, rising to the challenge and surpassing it.

It was the peak of intimacy, baring not only their naked selves but their very souls to each other at such a vulnerable moment of truth, and Jennie revealed all without uttering a single word, without perhaps even realising herself.

But Jisoo saw it all and she smiled, satisfied. Thank you, Jendeuk.

With Jennie's panting echoing in her ears, Jisoo let herself come undone and fell into oblivion.

>

Rosé and Lisa with Ella riding piggyback on the latter were making their way down the corridor to Rosé's apartment when Lisa suddenly stilled and tilted her head, listening intently.

"Hear that?"

"Hmm?" Rosé asked as she fiddled with keys. "What?"

Lisa stood for a moment longer then shrugged. "Dunno, thought I heard someone cry out. Like a...uh, having fun in the bedroom kinda crying," she said meaningfully, her cheeks rather pink.

Rosé giggled in understanding and finally got the door open. "Oh, I see. Nice save, baby, I appreciate it. And no, I didn't hear anything. Good for them whoever they are, I suppose."

"Oh Mom! Mr Lee wanted to talk to you about something earlier. He told me to tell you after the concert," Ella piped up sleepily. She stifled a yawn and rested her cheek on Lisa's back again.

"Really? And you're just now remembering, sweetie?" Rosé said with a fond shake of her head. She didn't even have the heart to get worked up, not with the adorable scene of Lisa carrying her precious baby made her heart do somersaults.

Seeing Ella so taken by Lisa and being so comfortable with her and Lisa so happy to be involved with Ella had Rosé feeling happy beyond belief. Testament to her contentment was the growing number of photos on her phone capturing moments of Lisa and Ella together.

"Hey, lay off the star of the hour ma'am, the kid needs her beauty sleep," Lisa joked, pretending to block Rosé like a security guard. She strolled into the apartment before tapping Ella's leg. "We're home El."

Rosé nodded to herself. Home. It sounded so good hearing Lisa say it for all of them. She pecked Lisa on the cheek as she helped Ella get down and stand up.

"Today was the best day ever," Ella said, looking up at the adults with a wide smile. A yawn overtook her again as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Where's Pogo Yogo?"

"Right here kiddo." Lisa handed over the toy she had been holding on for her. "I hope you keep it as a reminder of this day."

"I will I will! Today was the bestest best day ever!"

"Really? I thought it was when Lisa and I got together the other day?" Rosé chuckled. She took Ella from the shoulders and steered her to the bathroom. "Let's wash our teeth and get you to bed, baby. And we need to take off the glowstick bracelets now, I'm afraid."

She looked over her shoulder at Lisa. "Wait for me? Help yourself to anything from the fridge if you like. I'll be back soon."

"I'll be waiting," Lisa smiled, sitting at the counter.

"Mom, is Lisa staying over?" Ella asked sleepily.

"I don't know baby, I still have to ask," Rosé said carefully, stroking her hair. "Is it a bother if she does stay? I don't think I'll be able to sneak in and sleep in your bed if she does."

But Ella had already nodded off, a little smile on her face as she hugged Flora and her new toy to her chest. Rosé stroked her head one more time before she bent to kiss her head, whisper goodnight and i love you before slipping out of the room, noiseless as a cat.

Rosé walked back into the kitchen, straight into Lisa's waiting arms.

"I've been holding my arms open like that for the past twenty minutes," Lisa mumbled in Rosé's hair.

"Have you now?" Rosé giggled, sighing contentedly when she felt Lisa's broad hands skimming her back. "Mmm, baby..." She pulled down Lisa's chin to press a proper long kiss to her girlfriend's lips. "I missed you."

"Babes I was practically glued to you the whole night," Lisa chuckled.

"I know...but I couldn't touch you like this...or this..." Rosé explained, demonstrating with her hands as she trailed her pointer finger teasingly slow up Lisa's chest, "and I couldn't kiss you. I wanted to kiss you so many different times."

"Me too," Lisa admitted with a sigh. "Who am I kidding? Whenever I saw you smile, I wanted to kiss you. Hearing you laugh? Kiss you. Watching you worry over Ella? Kiss you. Hearing you compliment me? Kiss you. Sitting next to you? Kiss you."

"That's an awful lot of kissing," Rosé smirked, "why don't we catch up?"

"You read my mind," Lisa grinned as she turned them around so she had Rosé backed up against the counter. She bent to lift Rosé up from under her thighs and gently placed her on the counter top.

She moved to stand between Rosé's legs but her eyes never left Rosé. "I also distinctly remember you offering to take my shirt off?" she grinned.

"Kiss now, talk later," Rosé said against her mouth as she pulled Lisa closer from her collar. "And I dare not."

"Why?" Lisa waggled her eyebrows. "Too hot to handle?"

Rosé nodded and gulped, already picturing the abs she'd seen before. "I'm not sure I'd be able to stop," she said almost inaudibly but Lisa heard every word and froze, blinking at her. The air between them turned from playful to uncertain in a heartbeat.

"Oh...you're serious?" Lisa said, eyes wide.

Rosé giggled. "Why? Weren't you?" She straightened when Lisa ducked her head, mumbling under her breath.

"Hey.Hey." She took Lisa's hands to make her face her again, eyes solemn. "I wouldn't do anything you're not comfortable with. I'll always ask for your permission and if you're not comfortable to get to the next step yet, that's more than fine. I enjoy us this way too. Okay?"

Lisa cheered up, nodding vigorously. "I like us this way too."

"Good, now kiss me," Rosé said playfully.

Lisa easily obliged, caressing her face with her injured hand as her good hand braced her when she leaned in and let herself drown in Rosé's scent as they kissed.

It was quiet in the kitchen except for the humming fridge and their stolen breaths whenever they surfaced for air. Rosé sighed into Lisa's mouth, content to let her lead them.

They kissed slowly, making up for lost time earlier as Lisa's mouth captured hers over and over, hands squeezing Rosé's hips when Rosé boldly angled her lower body closer. Their noses brushed as she tilted her head to deepen the kiss and tangled her hands in Lisa's hair, dragging her fingers down her spine

She smiled to feel Lisa shiver, her wandering hands suddenly gripping the counter and her face resting on Rosé's shoulder as Rosé stroked down her back.

"Feels good?"

"Yeah," Lisa croaked, her voice hoarse. Rosé let up with her teasing touches and held her close instead, stroking her head and grinning in delight when Lisa practically purred against her neck.

"What was that about Mr Lee?" Lisa said at length when the heat between them gradually ebbed.

"Ella doesn't know what he wanted. Probably to brag about his degrees or take credit for tonight's concert, he usually does that at parent-teacher conferences. If he wants something, he'll get in touch again."

"It's not because he has the hots for you, is it?" Lisa said casually but her fingers tightened around Rosé's waist.

"Oh definitely not babes," Rosé reassured, "not every guy that crosses my path is after me, you know. Mr Lee had a girlfriend as far as I know, she was sitting with him tonight as well."

"Oh alright then," Lisa said, relaxing. She kissed her forehead. "Thanks for tonight. I had a fantastic time with you both."

"I should be the one thanking you," Rosé replied, "I had a wonderful time tonight as well. Maybe we could go out just the two of us, sometimes?"

Lisa nodded enthusiastically. "I'd like that! Oh and I don't think I asked but, Jennie and I are going to a spa sometime soon, we do that sometimes when we get some money, have a day of pampering. Maybe you could come with? I don't know if kids are allowed in spas though..."

"That sounds good babes." Rosé yawned. "We could figure it out...tomorrow..."

"Speaking of Jennie, I wonder if she's gone back home?" Lisa wondered out loud. "Knowing her she'll have refused Jisoo's offer to take her back and gotten an Uber or taxi or something. Maybe I should call her...or not. It's pretty late by now."

"You could always send a text from my phone, if you like," Rosé offered, stifling a yawn.

"Are you gonna sleep on me?" Lisa chuckled as Rosé snuggled against her, stuffing her face in the crook of Lisa's neck. "Did you brush your teeth? Let's get you to bed."

Rosé hesitated for a moment before she tugged on Lisa's wrist. "Will you stay?" she asked hopefully. "It could be like a sleepover. I don't like to think of you out alone at this time of night..."

Though neither spoke, they both knew what she was referring to as their eyes inevitably drifted to Lisa's pink cast.

"Okay," Lisa said softly. "Uhm...I'll take the couch then?"

Rosé shook her head with a chuckle. "What's wrong with sleeping in my bed? It's big enough so don't you worry, and it'll be like a sleepover. I'll even throw in a few goodnight kisses as part of the deal."

"Sweet! I've never been to a sleepover before," Lisa beamed as Rosé stepped down from the counter and led Lisa to her bedroom. "Have you got an extra toothbrush by any chance?"

"Coming right up with some jammies," Rosé winked. "Do you want to shower as well? I'll grab you some towels."

Having showered, called Jennie but got no response so she sent a text and finally gotten ready for bed, Lisa loitered at the door, clutching the edge of her shirt with an air of awkwardness about her.

"Uhm...which side do I take?" she asked bashfully.

Rosé shrugged. "Doesn't make much of a difference to be honest. How about you try the right side tonight?"

"That's implying we'll have more sleepovers?"

Rosé crossed her arms. "And you're opposed to that?" she asked, challenging.

Lisa's face dissolved into a grin. "Unless you're the type to be kicking me out of bed, nope, not at all!"

They lay in the gloom facing each other, identical tired smiles and droopy eyes on their faces as they quietly reminisced over the events of the day.

Lisa slid her cast hand forward across the sheets and Rosé's hand met hers in the middle where they clasped lightly as they carried on their muted conversation.

"Thank you for everything Rosie," Lisa said softly. "I had a grand time today. Thank you for letting me be a part of it."

"Of course. And I'm happy you were there too, as my girlfriend especially." Rosé kissed her injured hand tenderly. "I wouldn't have it any other way. You saved the day and improved it a hundred times over."

"You saved my day too, when I came over because of Nini." Lisa exhaled, her breathing starting to even out as sleep tugged at her eyelids. "We should sleep..."

"Yes," Rosé agreed, fighting off sleep herself. "Goodnight baby."

"Mmm, night." A beat of silence followed before Lisa's hesitant voice reached Rosé once more. "Can we cuddle?"

"Of course!" Rosé said, a little too eagerly.

Her brow furrowed when Lisa turned on her side, facing away from her. Her heart immediately gave a pang of hurt, confusion swirling in her head because she couldn't understand what she did wrong until it clicked: Lisa wanted to be held.

Heart fluttering anew, Rosé carefully shifted closer, snuggling up to Lisa and draping her arm around her stomach. It was different than holding Ella, who was tiny in comparison to Lisa's lofty build but nevertheless, Rosé felt the same warmth flit through her bones as Lisa exhaled, content.

"I just wondered what it would be like to be the little spoon. It's nice," Lisa said by way of explanation, her voice slurred. She yawned again and rested her hand on Rosé's hand around her waist. "I can be the big spoon next time. Night, Rosie."

Rosé smiled and tenderly kissed behind her ear. "Sweet dreams, baby."

****************

when i say jensoo came out of nowhere, i mean they literally came out of nowhere lolz

cos they weren't scheduled to have anything go down until a few chapters further but oh well...i went along with it and the scene went surprisingly smooth, enough to convince me to roll with it :V so we'll see how things roll

but anyway, hope you enjoyed all the chaelisa fluff/jensoo semi-smut and the rest!

thanks for reading, voting and commenting! see you in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 11.4K 52
BEFORE YOU READ - ⚠️Warning: Cringy as AF, I SWEAR THIS BOOK GETS WEIRDER AS IT GOES ON. (You've been warned, seriously) Jennie a CEO of Gucci and...
22.2K 1.3K 19
The hero disappears overnight and the only one who looks is the villain. Not their "friends", not their family, not the reporters or any of the peopl...
330K 10K 53
This is a story of how your friends can hurt you in many different ways---may it be by breaking your trust, your promises, your expectations, or mayb...
73.5K 2.1K 22
Jennie lost her mom at 10 years old. Living with her aunt who is just greedy for the monthly insurance money. Her aunty got two kids, Kai the elder b...