𝐑𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐃𝐚𝐳𝐞 ✓

By TheEnigmaticJesse

Why don't you believe?" I ask whilst clenching the cross necklace that laid around my neck. "God has the abil... More

Character Aesthetics
"Don't Tell Me I'll Be Fine,"
"Till Thee End Of The Line"
"He's Canceled"
"Why Don't You Believe? "
"Your company is peace in a world of chaos"
"Get Over Here And Give Me A Hug."
"If These Creeps Want A Fight, I'll Bring A War"
"Feel It With Our Hearts."
"Tonight Is Just The Beginning"
"Welcome To New York"
"Alls Fair In Love And War"
"The Holy Trinity"
"State Of Numbness"
Wildflowers
Holy Demons
The Rodeo
Ride 'em Cowgirl
Almost Human
"Are You Ready For Us?"
Alliances
"I Guess They're Endgame"
Neither Of Us
The Kiss Of A Lifetime

"Let's Get Tattoos"

445 24 7
By TheEnigmaticJesse

The two spent their night attached to each other’s hip, neither wanted to leave the other. Addison enjoyed watching Holden look at the world through a new sense of wonder.

The childlike sparkle in his eyes and carefree demeanour drew people to him, like a moth to a flame. New friends were made that night along with memories that would be cherished forever.

The next morning

“Rise and shine handsome.” Addison draws the blinds in Holden’s room, allowing rays of sunlight to engulf him.

Holden opened his eyes just enough to take a peak of the time. “Its 8am Addy, we’ve literally had only 4 hours of sleep.” He pulls the duvet up, burying himself under it.

“Well considering you have surfing lessons at 10 and we still need some breakfast, I think we’re right on time.”

Holden pops his head out from under the covers in confusion. “Surfing lessons?”

“Aha. I told you, you’re going to become one with the ocean.”

Holden pulls Addison down so that’s she’s snug on top of him. He proceeds to wrap his arms around her and trail kisses from under her ear to along her jaw before nuzzling his face into her neck.

You’re indescribable.” He utters against her skin.

“It’s time to get up now before we end up not leaving this hotel room.” Addison mentions before getting up and straightening her clothes. 

“I’m going to get us some breakfast and coffee while you shower. Knock on my door when you’re done.”

Holden nods as he watches Addison exit the room. He was in no position to get up just yet, he needed a moment to cool down after having Addison on top of him.

Sometime later

Addison’s p.o.v

Last night’s event were a hoot but they were nothing compared to watching Holden attempt to surf. I admit although at times it was funny seeing him trying to find his sea legs, other times when he would get washed underneath the surface of a wave my heart would stop beating until I saw his head pop back up.

Once his lessons were over, Holden laid down next to me soaking up the sunshine and complaining about how his instructor didn’t pay enough attention to him.

Learning to handle those waves is ten times harder than bull riding.”

“You’ve ridden a bull before?”

Yeah, the mechanical one back at home.”

Holden’s demeanour suddenly shifted after his comment. He somehow looked nervous but I decided to brush of my suspicions and carry on with the rest of our day.

“I have one last idea we can do before getting back on the road, but its totally okay if you don’t want to.”

I’m listening.”

“Let’s get tattoos. They don’t have to be matching or anything of that sort.”

I’m game. It will serve as a nice reminder of our senior year road trip.”

I was thrilled to hear his agreement and couldn’t wait to get to the parlour. Now bear in mind this isn’t Holden’s nor my first tattoo. He had already looked like Michael Angelo’s sketch book whilst I only had one and was eager for more.

Once we entered the tattoo parlour I could hear the sound of the needle etching away on someone skin, whilst my eyes were drawn to the multiple artworks on the wall.

“Do you trust me Addy?” Holden grabs onto my hand and gives it a little squeeze.

“Yes.” I answer without any doubt.

Then how about I choose your tattoo and vice versa. They won’t be bigger than a game token and you’ll only know what it is after the artist is done.”

“This is totally crazy and will make one hell of a story. Let’s do it.”

We both took some time in deciding the other’s tattoo. Holden decided to go first whilst I waited patiently, wondering if I had made the right choice.

Time passed and it was finally my turn. I had decided to get the tattoo just below my breast, lord only knows what compelled me to do that.

Ready to see the monster badass killer print I chose for you?” Holden laughed and I could only hope he was joking.

I look into the mirror and see a tiny silhouette of a ballerina in her forth position.

“Holden, it’s perfect.”

I’ve only seen you practice in the school gymnasium but anybody can notice your talent and passion, so I thought this would be befitting. Now let me see mine.”

Holden begins to remove the covering on his leg revealing his tattoo. He remains silent for a moment and just stares at it and nervousness took over my body.

“Do you not like it?”

I actually can’t believe why I didn’t think of getting this before.”

“Well you’re always helping out at the ranch back home and horse’s shoes are supposed to bring good luck, so I thought why not?”

I think we both did excellent jobs choosing but let’s not do that ever again, the pressure was just crazy. What if you hated it? It’s not exactly something you can just get rid of easily.” Holden runs his hands through his hair and I can’t help but laugh at his little outburst.

“Come on, let’s head back to the hotel and get some rest. If we hit the road around sundown we can reach Las Vegas in under 7 hours.” I do a little shimmy as Holden places his hand on my lower back and we leave the parlour.

End of p.o.v

Addison took the first driving whilst Holden continued to keep her entertained singing along to pop hits on the radio until it was his turn to take over the wheel.

Well into the night, Holden pulled over his truck to the side of the highway and instructed Addison to get out for a moment.

“Looking at the stars is kind of our thing wouldn’t you say?” Holden leaned against the passenger side of his truck next to Addison.

“Only you would pull off to the side of the road in the middle of nowhere to admire the stars.” Addison laughs.

“I just want to cherish every moment with you.”

Addison’s hand finds Holden’s and the two interlock fingers and stare into the abyss. Little did they know this would be their last moment of silence for quite some time.

Las Vegas, Nevada

The bright lights of the strip welcome one and all as they enter sin city. It’s not hard to figure out why this county had such a treacherous nick name that seemed to draw more people in then scare them off, sin really did wait around every corner.

Holden and Addison took in the beauty of the city as they drove along its streets. The various casino’s and clubs called out to tourists like a siren whilst the restaurants and theatres offered some reprieve.

I can’t believe you got us a hotel room in Caesars palace, that place is legendary. I can’t wait to put on my fancy suit and strut about.”

“It’s only a one night stay just like California. After this we’ll be stuck on the road most of the time until New York so let’s make the most of our time here.”

“Well we have a lot of things to do. This may be the only time I can take you to Paris and Egypt.” Holden points out towards the Eiffel tower and Pyramid.

“We’ll first check into the hotel and change. Then maybe you can take me out for that breakfast buffet that’s open 24hrs.”

Sounds legendary. You know I just realised, we’re in Vegas but can’t gamble.”

“I’m not really upset about that. I prefer facts over probability and luck, plus the whole system is rigged.”

Let’s get you inside before some mafia casino boss comes for our heads.”

“If only it could be Massimo.”

Who?”

“Nothing never mind.” 

Addison blushes whilst Holden rolls his eyes. The two knew their stay in Vegas would be an unforgettable one, unfortunately it’ll turn out to be for all the wrong reasons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15M 460K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...
4.8M 255K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
16.3M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...