Remy Unenchanted

Od kierra97

‘A seventeen year-old fairy godmother trainee gets a new assignment: The hottest GUY at school. Easy, right... Více

Remy Unenchanted
Prologue
Chapter One- That's Not in the Script!
Chapter Two- Showers and Stalkers
Chapter Three- One Heck of a Swing
Chapter Four- The Moment I've Always Been Waiting For
Chapter Five- I'm Not Jealous
Chapter Six - Stop Watching Chick Flicks!
Chapter Seven - It's a Bump, Einstein
Chapter Nine - Everything Was Finally Right! Well, Not Everything...
Chapter Ten - How to Lie for Dummies

Chapter Eight - Some Guys Still Believe in Chivalry

3.7K 178 13
Od kierra97

HI GUYS! Happy New Year!! And okay, I should probably apologize because I HAVE NOT UPDATED FOR SO LONG, but yeah. I was just a little busy and I had a major case of writer's block. I could even say that this chapter isn't one of my best because I'm still having some writer's block, but please bear with me. :D 

Also, filler chapter ahead. :P 

-Kierra XX

P.S. I'm beginning to think I have a strange liking to Wes. 

Chapter Eight – Some Guys Still Believe in Chivalry

                A normal teenage girl in a preppy boarding school would probably spend her Wednesday night inside her own room, lying on her bed, laughing with her roommate and telling secrets and stuff. Well, I’ve never really been much of a normal girl, so instead, this is how I ended up spending my Wednesday night. Although how I actually ended up here (or down here, technically), I’m not quite sure.

                I was lying on my stomach under Kyle’s bed, my face squashed between the floor and the mattress. Don’t ask me why exactly I am here. All I know is the fact that the doorknob twisted and I did the first thing that popped into my brain, which was, of course, duck under the bed. It was probably not the brightest of my ideas, but it was either that or risk myself getting found in the boys’ dormitory inside Kyle’s room, which would most likely result to the both of us getting expelled.

                From my oh-so-amazing vantage point, I could see seven pairs of feet enter the room. That was all I could see. I couldn’t even see past their knees or anything.

                “Why weren’t you opening the door, dude?” somebody with a deep voice asked.

                “U-uhh, I was... in the bathroom,” Kyle replied.

                “Okay.” I watched as all seven pairs of feet made their way to the bed, the door closing as they bounded across the room.

                “You coming to the party next week, right?” Deep Voice spoke again.

                I tried to adjust myself in such a position that I could actually breathe, but before I could even move an inch, the mattress sunk and I was suddenly getting more and more compressed. Oh my gosh. It only means that somebody had just jumped on the bed.

                “Party? When is that again?” Kyle asked, completely unaware of the fact that his fairy godmother (sort of) is currently on her way to becoming a super thin pancake.

                “Next week,” somebody with a weirdly squeaky voice answered.

                “I’ll think about it,” Kyle said after a moment of silence.

                “Uh, dude? It’s a party. What’s there to think about?”

                As the mattress suddenly sunk even lower, I realized that I have never truly appreciated the presence of oxygen up until now, realizing that being stuck here and inhaling all these dust motes is probably unhealthy. Not to mention completely unpleasant.

                “Well, we’ll see about it,” I heard Kyle say. “Hey, guys! Why don’t we go out for a while?”

                Finally! I don’t think I could stay down here much longer. I would rather face Madrina’s wrath than die from suffocation because I was hiding under a bed. In Kyle Hughes’ room. Inside the boys’ dormitory. I internally groaned. Count on me to end up in this stupid situation.

                “We just got here,” Squeaky Voice said. “It’s kind of boring to go outside.”

                Darn it. I was beginning to really hate Squeaky Voice at the moment. Doesn’t he know that there’s an oxygen-deprived girl hiding under the bed? (Answer: No.)

                “B-but, uhh, it’s such a good day out, guys! Come on, let’s go,” Kyle said.

                I was beginning to not hate Kyle so much anymore, with him actually trying to drive his friends away so I could finally get out of here.

                Unfortunately, though, I was also beginning to develop a massive loathing for his friends, whoever they actually were, seeing as they don’t seem to want to leave at all. Squeaky Voice was actually beginning to top my Persons I Hate the Most List, as he was the one who said, “Uhh, Kyle? It’s pretty much cloudy outside and soon enough, it would rain, you know. So... I don’t really think that it’s such a good day out.”

                I did, however, discover the fact that when you actually find yourself in this situation, you’d find that there isn’t much to do under a bed, so you have a lot of time to think about things. Which is exactly what I did as I tried to tune the boys out. I mean, hey, I might as well do something while I'm at it, right?

                The first thing I thought about was why I actually poofed here in the first place. If our assignments are generally feeling crappy, we are bound to appear close to them or something. Basically, the only I could have ever popped next to Kyle Hughes was because he was feeling miserable.

                As I mulled over that thought, I realized I actually found Kyle’s misery surprising. He doesn’t strike me as a person living a messed-up life. He was Kyle freaking Hughes. You could practically say that he was perfect. So the fact that he had been feeling unhappy could only mean that obviously, his life isn’t quite that perfect.

                Also, he was holding his phone when I came. So that could only mean that he was having problems with the person on the other line. I wonder who it could have been and what his problem actually was.

                Before I ponder at this point, I realized that Kyle and his friends were actually preparing to leave.

                “Okay, fine. Let’s go over to Sam’s room, then,” Kyle said.

                The weight on the bed lifted and I found myself internally sighing in relief.

                “You guys go on ahead,” Kyle said. “I, uhh, I have a call to make and yeah. Meet you back at Sam’s.”

                “Yeah, man, whatever. Come on, let’s go,” Squeaky Voice said.

                Finally, I watched as the pairs of feet all walked towards the door. When the door slammed shut, I crawled out without second thoughts.

                “God, you should clean down there,” I said to Kyle, who looked as relieved as I was. Although, I should be more relieved than him, with me finally breathing perfectly here.

                “Shut up. Now find a way for you to get out of here without anybody seeing you.”

                Argh. If only I had my wand. The thing about fairies like me, we have magical properties within us, which explains why I could poof without my wand. But without wands, that magic is sort of dormant. Like our bodies are reservoirs of the magic, but the wand focuses the energy and lets us use it.

                “Can’t you disappear, please?” he asked me.

                “I'm trying, but… nothing seems to work,” I said.

                He muttered something unintelligent under his breath before asking me, “And you wonder why I don’t believe you?”

                I scowled at him and crossed my arms over my chest. “Give me until next week, Hughes. You will believe me.”

                He scoffed. “Yeah, yeah. We’ve gotten past that already. Now, think of a way for you to get out of my room.”

                For the second time today, we both turned to look at the window. And  (unfortunately) this time, when we looked out to check if the coast was clear, we found out that no one would see me jump out of the window (probably breaking a limb or two in the process) to get out of the boys’ dormitory.

                “I really don’t think...” I trailed off once I saw Kyle’s steady glare. My scowl deepened and at last I said, “Fine.”

---

                The next days passed by quite normally. I mean, after all those Shadow encounters, awkward conversations with Wes, and my casual bumping with Kyle the previous days, I could say that it was a little less chaotic.

                At the end of my second wand-less week, I finally managed to catch up with all of my schoolwork.

                Saturday night, I finally received a call from Madrina, saying that she will pay me a visit inside the campus. Nothing could actually keep me in a bad mood, with me knowing that I will finally get my wand.

                “Hey, where’re you going?” Anj asked me as I grabbed a jacket from my drawer and prepared to go out.

                “Madrina’s coming.”

                “Oh. Okay. Take care,” she told me as she looked back at the novel she was reading.

                I put on my jacket and got out. Almost immediately after getting out of the dorm building, I bumped into Wes.

                “Hey, Wes!” I said brightly. Like I said, I was a hundred percent happier than usual and I couldn’t help but be enthusiastic. I narrowed my eyes at him. “What’re you doing lurking around the girls’ dormitory?”

                He shrugged. “I just walked Jesse back.”

                Oh. “Of course. As usual, Barbie has to be walked back to the dormitory even though basicallynothing bad could ever happen inside the campus,” I said with an eye-roll.

                Wes gave me a flat look. “It’s the thought that counts. And something could happen.”

                “Yeah. Riiight.

                “Well, okay. So maybe there are no robbers here and stuff. But you never know, okay?” Wes told me. “And I do think that girls should be accompanied wherever they go at night, be it safe or not because some things could just happen. Or something.”

                “Yeah, yeah,” I said, sounding totally unconvinced. Then with sarcasm, I added, “Good to know that some guys still believe in chivalry.”

                “Where are you going?” he asked me, steering the topic off as he finally noticed the fact that I was heading towards the Visitor’s Lounge. And yes, I am not kidding when I said Visitor’s Lounge. Count on Mackenzie Academy to actually have this particular room.

                “Madrina’s paying me a visit,” I said.

                “Oh. Here to give you your wand back?”

                My eye literally twitched. I’m still not used to the fact that he knows about me being a fairy, and it makes me feel like I’m suddenly so exposed to him. Although I should probably be relieved that he didn’t suddenly throw away our friendship just because of it. I really did expect him to suddenly start avoiding me.

                “Well, I’m heading back,” he said as we reached my destination. “And, uhh, congrats with finally having you wand back.”

                Smiling at him, I thanked him and finally went inside the Visitor’s Lounge, suddenly realizing that just like he did with Jesse, Wes had decided to walk me here as well.

                And of course, I had to curse at the fact that just because I realized that Wes actually considers me as a girl who has to be treated with even just a little chivalry, my heart just had to skip a beat.

Pokračovat ve čtení