A Bride To The Five

By RadheyPanchaali

Marriage, a union of two souls. However, that is not the case for the five pandav brothers, who are bound b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Book 2!

Chapter 7

3.9K 185 12
By RadheyPanchaali

"We do not count in that. We are her husbands. Let us in." Snapped Arjun, not a bit liking the innosolent behavior of the guard. Any order of this sort, by any royal, never included their better halves, and everyone knew it.

The guards held the spears in place, bowing their heads, not moving a muscle. "We are sorry Princes of Hastinapur.  But those are our orders." Whispered one on the left, Yudhisthir noticed that they were guards of not Hastinapur but Panchaal.

The ones that the King of Panchaal had sent along for their safe journey. Their loyalties were more towards Panchaali than towards the five princes of Hastinapur.

"And this are our orders, step aside before I behead you for insulting my jyest in such a manner." Snapped Nakul, growling at the two guards, who bowed, and after what seemed like forever pulled back their spears, making way for the five to move ahead. . .

The darkness was too thick, so Sahadev grabbed the nearest lantern, and followed his brothers in. They found the room empty.

"Where is she?" Asked the curious second son of Kunti, "There." Pointed Yudhisthir,  as his eyes fell on the silhouette of a woman standing near the window of the room.

"Panchaali." Called Arjun, he watched as she didn't even acknowledge him. Too lost in her thoughts to sense their presences.

The warrior in him frowned, that's so wrong, she could easily be attacked.  She should be more aware of her surroundings, he shook his head at the musings.

She is not a warrior in training, but a princess. Focus Arjun! He mentally admonished himself for getting so easily distracted.

Yudhisthir walked in further with his brothers, "Panchaali." He called, his voice a shy tone louder to gain her attention,  and let their presence be known.

He saw her jump, and mentally cursed himself for scaring her. "Relax, it's just us." Assured Bheem, frowning as he saw her be scared. Who did she think would enter her room surpassing her orders except them?

He didn't like to see him scared, that was one. He liked her giggling better, she had good of those.  It was her second favorite sound after his mother's lullaby.

He watched as she turned her face slightly towards them, the sound of her clothes and jwellery shifting filled the air, as she moved.

Unlike usual her movements were slow, almost like the sadness physically weighed on her. His frown deepened,  concern sitting heavy on his heart.

He watched as she raised her hand, silently making the motion with her hand of a 'what'. He gussed that she was asking what they are doing here?

"We got food." He answered  like those magic words would make her turn around and rush to them happily. Well for him food was everything,  he hardly refused it, who was he kidding?

He never refused it. Food was life. But she held her place, not turning around. He saw her shuffle nervously.

Nakul sighed,  he didn't like sadness in general, and hated it when girls were sad, and this one was his friend,  how could he let her delve in it?

He walked ahead, wrapping his hand around hers. She flinched not expecting the touch. "Geez woman, relax, won't eat you up..." yet. He let the word be unsaid, as he shook his head.

Get your mind out of gutter Nakul, she doesn't need you adding more to her plate, already the poor soul is tortured enough.

He swirled her around, her veil falling in its place, blanketing her eyes and nose. A gasp left her mouth as she slammed hard on the hard muscled chest, his strong band of an arm wrapping around her instinctively.

Everything for that one moment froze, as his rough fingers came in contact with her lush soft skin of her waist. It was like he was touching silk.

He mentally groaned, wanting nothing more than to shred that piece of odhni hiding her face.

The fragrance of blue loutuses wafted around him like a warm blanket, in the cold winters night.  His gaze traced her soft red berry lips, that were plush and pouty.

Her intoxicating natural fragrance pulling him in like a bee to the flower, his fingers on their own accord moved on her soft silk on a skin.

He felt her shudder, her grip on his shoulders, that she had grasped to maintain her balance,  tightening.

He was tempted to lift veil,  like he had been for past twelve days. He and his brothers had made several attempts but the woman was too smart for her own good.

Everyone praised her beauty, that she was the most gorgeous woman in the world, and he was curious as hell, as to know what she looked like, after all who wouldn't be?

Who wouldn't want to see what the world's most beautiful woman looked like? What were the colour of her eyes? Was her nose straight?

What did her voice sound like? And who the gell had created such stupid ritual? To hide their own wife's face from their husband?

Stupid right?

He blinked back, pulling away from her, after what felt like an eon, but was just a moment. "Uh I...I am sorry." He apologized,  though he didn't mean a word.

He wasn't sorry, not at all. He loved it. Every second of it. Shut up Nakul, what are you thinking! You can't think like that. His conscious snapped making him blink. 

No, he didn't have any feelings for her. That's just not possible. It was just his curiosity, nothing else.

Panchaali's heart raced, an unknown emotion unfurling in her chest. She instantly missed his warmth.

A frown set on her lips, what was she thinking? She tried to ease her breathing that had escalated to a new level.

"Panchaali, you should eat." Bheem said, placing the platter on the bed, as Sahadev lit a few lanterns in them room. She shook her head, the sound of her anklets filling the room, as she moved towards the writing table.

I am not hungry.

The fine intricate writing on the paper had him frowning. "Punishing yourself for someone else's action is never fair Panchaal Kumari." Yudhisthir voiced out the words, his perfect polished words reverberating through the room as he helped Bheem set up the platter and food.

"You are upset, and you have every right to be but Panchaali, disrespecting food is not fair as well. What has this poor laddoos done for you to ignore them so harshly? See they are pouting." Arjun said playfully, picking up a laddoo, a broad grin on his face.

"People say a hundred things Panchaali,  but if we remain hungry everytime they decide to behave in a not so appropriate manner, we will die hungry." Sahadev stated, a smile in his words, as he lit another set of lantern with his already lit one.

"What matters in this world are the opinions of those who really mean close to you. And Buashree Tapasya? She has always been insensitive. And hardly cares for anyone except herself. So is it wise to not eat for the words of a person, who really doesn't care for? Aren't you in a way doing exactly what they want?" Questioned Yudhisthir, his deep gruff voice ringing through the room.

As he patiently awaited for the answer of the young woman, who stood in front of him shuffling. 

He watched as her fingers worked against the paper.

It just hurts. . .

Her words had him sighing,  a heaviness setting on his chest, he stood up. "Sit here Panchaali." He whispered,  pointing his hand towards the bed, he waited as the sounds of her ankles filled the room, as she sat on the bed.

The soft mattress sinking under her weight,  as he crouched in front of her.

"I am sorry that it does.  And I know, that nothing that I or my brothers would say today, would make it all better.

But trust me when I say this, that you are no longer alone. We do not promise to protect you from every hurt, that's not possible, but we shall try.

But we promise to be there with you, everytime you are hurt.

We may not stop the flow of the tears, but we'll be the one to wipe them away,  and this is a promise of a friend to another." He promised,  his words ringing with an honesty, he smiled at her, as he reached out picking a laddoo and brought it to her lips.

Warmth unfurled in her chest, as she heart his words. She gazed at the laddoo and than at his face, he nodded at her encouragingly,  her bottom lip quivered, as emotions raged in her.

She opened her mouth, and took a bite. "Woo-hoo!"  Cheered Bheem, "Finally now I can eat too." He called out happily. Beaming at his brothers who chuckled. 

"Didn't you just eat with us?" Arjun asked teasingly, "Of course, but food is love, the more you get, the merrier."  He called out dreamily, as he gazed at the laddoo.

She giggled unable to hold back her amusement,  their eyes shined with joy, as they watched her giggle.

"Ha, this is awesome." Bheem practically moaned, as he ate the laddoos. "And the love affair of food and Jyest begins Panchaali." Teased Nakul, making her giggle.

They bickered back and forth, as Panchaali watched them smiling. Eating quietly, the smile on her lips refusing to leave.

She couldn't belive, where moments ago, her heart was heavy as lead, not it was light with mirth.

Gazing the five brothers, once she finished eating, she cleaned up. The five going back and forth with another playful argument. She laid her head, on the headboard, as she sat partly leaning on it.

Her eyes grew heavy, and before she knew darkness engulfed her.

"Shhh." Sahadev whispered softly, gaining the attention of other four, Bheem opened his mouth to ask what. When the youngest Pandav, held his hand up silencing him, as he pointed towards their sleeping wife.

Her breathing had evened out signalling her being lost in a deep slumber.

"She slept? So early?" Nakul whispered, curiously. Yudhisthir smiled softly, "She had a long and exhausting day. We can't really blame her." He answered.

"She's a good woman. I had expected her to flip, throw some vases and utensils, for all the  scene that our family created." Nakul partly joked, though the tone of seriousness didn't go missing.

"She has a kind heart." Arjun whispered,  smiling at the sleeping girl.

"And that is something that scares me." Bheem said with a faraway tone, as though lost in some deep memory.

"The mighty Bheem and scared?" Teased the elder twin, but the second son of Kunti gazed at him with all the seriousness,  making the humour fade away.

"Yes. I am scared, scared for her. We being blood relatives they tried to kill us time and again. What shall they do to her?

And how much trusting, and  innocent she is, I am afraid the storm of decites and manipulation that this place rages on, may just shatter her."  His eyes traced the form of his sleeping wife.

Worry bubbling in his words, Tapasya was just a beginning,  she had a sharp tongue, but everyone knew her bark was worse than her bite.

But that wasn't the case with every family member of Kuruvansh, there were more enemies than allies in the house of Hastinapur. 

Men and women though lived together in one home, their worlds were completely apart. Where men had royal courts and wars, women reigned the kitchen and home, which had their own set of politics.

The house of Hastinapur, possessed more cunning daughter in laws than one could imagine. Kauravas were nothing in comparison to their wives.

Definitely there a few exceptions like Bhanumati, Duryodhan's wife. But the exceptions were few, and were easily suppressed.

Bhanumati though eldest bride of the Kauravas, was easily cornered and pushed over. Her life had been miserable enough by the other brides.

Everyone knew it, but no one could do a thing because there was no proof, and Bhanumati never spoke up.

Gazing at Panchaali Sahadev knew for a fact, that she will be the next target. Kindness was not rewarded with love, but poison in the palace of Hastinapur. 

If you aren't sharp enough, you'll be crushed. They had learned early in their life. And Panchaali? She was born just two months ago, from the fire.

She didn't even understand half the things, was still learning and adapting to her surroundings and now this. They could help and protect her from the males and the other cunning politics.

But they couldn't really be with her in the women area, all the time. How will they help her out?

Bhanumati had her hand burned on her first day of cooking, mysteriously no women were there to help her as well, making her scream in pain for hours till Bheem found her, when he had sneaked in for some snacks.

The tension in the air was high, as the men thought of ways to protect the princess of Panchaal,  but the question stood in the air. How. . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593K 28.1K 53
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
Weirded out By

Mystery / Thriller

904 61 19
When Valerie, a twelve year old girl escapes the mental asylum, where she was experimented on, she meets Lucas, a rule- breaking boy of the same age...
51.6K 2.1K 40
This is the most unique love story that the world has ever seen. It is the story of the mightiest warriors of Aryavarta, the Pandavas and the Queen o...
15.4K 569 19
this story starts from abhi meera engagement, twist and turns are there . it's a dark story check it.