Pokemon Indigo League - Pokem...

By Konomies

Let's just get to the point. You go on a Pokemon journey through Kanto region. (Ps. This is a rewrite of my... More

Info
Challenge of the Samurai
Showdown in Pewter City
Clefairy and The Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
Charmander - The Stray Pokémon
Here Comes the Squirtle Squad!
The More The Merrier
Electric Shock Showdown!
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Tentacool & Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Bye Bye Butterfree
The Tower of Terror
Abra and the Psychic Showdown
Mankey Goes Bananas
It's Evolving!
Pokemon Scent-sation!
The More The Merrier (Gaming edition)
Pokemon Fashion Flash
Oooh, shiny!
Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee!
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Ninja Poke-Showdown
The More The Merrier (Poison edition)
The Flame Pokemon-athon!
Safari Zone
Holiday Hi-Jynx
Gyarados Finally Listens! Yes!
The Battling Eevee Brothers
The March of the Exeggutor Squad
The Song of Jigglypuff
Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon
The Punchy Pokemons
Holy Matrimony!
Date With Misty
Who Gets to Keep Togepi?
The More The Merrier (Part 2)
The Case of the K-9 Caper!
Eevee's Exclusive Moves
Riddle Me This
The Misty Mermaid
The Battle of the Badge

I Choose You!

11.6K 135 218
By Konomies

-(Translation of Pokemon's speech)
-Pokedex speaking
-"Thoughts" 

The night time has arrived on Pallet town in Kanto region. In the outskirt of the city, there is a house. Well, it's more like a ranch really. Yard is massive with enough room and sleeping quarters for many Pokemon. The house is purple colored three store building. 

And in this house lives our hero. Ten year old Y/N L/N who is now ready to become a Pokemon trainer. You see ten-year-old's can get a beginner Pokemon from Professor Oak, the town's Pokemon expert. He has decide to start traveling around the Kanto region so that he can become a Pokemon master. Right now he is watching a Pokemon battle between Nidorino and Gengar from TV. Suddenly, someone steps into the room.

Crystal: Y/N, it's time for bed. It's 11 o'clock and you should be asleep.

His mom and dad then step in the room.

Lucas: You have a big day tomorrow.

Y/N: Yeah I know. I'm just excited that's all. Tomorrow I begin my Pokemon Journey!

Crystal: Have you packed everything you need for tomorrow?

Y/N: Yep! All packed!

Y/N yawns while stretching his arms. 

Y/N: Well, off to bed.

He then climbs to his bed.

Crystal: Well goodnight! 

Lucas: Goodnight!

His parents then walk out of the room.

Y/N: Goodnight!

He eventually fell a sleep.

Morning

Ring Ring Ring

Y/N hears the alarm clock ringing and is trying to shut it down without any prevail.

Y/N: Stupid alarm clock! I'm trying to sleep!

He then hears mom and dad yelling to him downstairs.

Lucas: Y/N! Get up! You are gonna be late!

Crystal: Breakfast is ready!

As soon as he heard the word, breakfast. He jumps off of the bed.

Y/N: I'm up! I'm up! 

He says while stretching a little. Before going downstairs he decides to take a quick shower. After that he got dressed and grabbed his backpack. He was almost out of the room when he remembered something. He walked back to his bed and grabbed a necklace that his parents had given him. They told him that it was a gift from professor who lives in Sinnoh region. 

So he put it on and walked downstairs to eat breakfast. Mom and dad were sitting by the dinner table eating. Y/N sat down next to his dad.

Y/N: Morning mom! Morning dad!

Crystal and Lucas: Morning son!/Morning son!

Crystal: Eat up. It's your last home cooked meal, so we made all your favorites. 

And true to her words, they did make all of his favorite foods. They had bacon, eggs, fruit smoothie, cereals, hash browns, blueberry muffins, toast, sausages, and pancakes. 

Y/N: Alright! Thanks mom and dad!

Lucas: Your welcome, kiddo.

After our hero stuffed his face with a full course breakfast, Y/N got ready to head to Professor Oaks lab to get his Pokedex and Pokemon license.

Y/N: Alright! I'm leaving now!

Lucas: Good luck bud!

Crystal: We will see you there before you leave!

He goes outside and started walking towards the lab. While walking there, Y/N started thinking what Pokemon he could catch when he leaves town. He finally got there and noticed that there was already a big crowd waiting and cheering. 

Y/N: Huh. Guess today is really a big day for everyone? 

Y/N started walking towards the lab. As he got closer to the Professors lab the crowd started cheering louder. He heard many of the different cheers from the people, yelling his name and some saying to make sure to pick a perfect partner. He finally made it inside where the Professor was waiting for him to arrive.

Y/N: Hey, Professor Oak!

Professor Oak: Hello Y/N! Your early. 

Y/N: Yeah, I couldn't sleep anymore. 

 Professor Oak: (Chuckles) I see. Well it's normal to beginner trainer to be excited. So, are you ready to get your first Pokemon? 

Y/N: Yes!

Professor nods and him them the capsule with three Poke Balls inside. Capsule then opens up while Oak and Y/N are standing in front of it.

Professor Oak: Alright, now because you're first to arrive you have the privilege to choose between three starter Pokemon. A Grass type Pokemon, Bulbasaur. A Fire type Pokemon, Charmander. A Water type Pokemon, Squirtle. Now think carefully before you choose. 

Y/N: No need to. I already made my choice.

Y/N went to where the three Poke Ball's are and picked up one of the Poke Balls. 

Y/N: I choose Bulbasaur!

He then threw out the Poke Ball and released his first Pokemon. 

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (What now!)

The grass type then turned to look at his trainer. Y/N bent down onto his Pokemons level and petted it. Bulbasaur just closed his eyes and smiled while enjoying being petted.

Y/N: Hey Bulbasaur! I'm your trainer, Y/N. Nice to meet you. 

Bulbasaur: Bulba Bulbasaur. (Nice to meet you too Y/N.)

Professor Oak: Alright, now you just need a few more things before you can leave. 

He then walked up to his table and took something from there. He turned around and walked back to trainer with a Pokedex in one hand and ten Poke Balls in other one.

Professor Oak: Now here are your Pokédex and ten Pokéballs. 

He handed them to Y/N. 

Y/N: Thank you Professor.

Professor Oak: Your Pokedex will give you information on all know Pokemon in Kanto and will also act as an ID if you ever need it. And remember that you can only carry six Pokemon with you, the rest will be automatically transferred here or in your case Y/N to your parents house.

Y/N: Yeah I know. Dad told me already that he and mom will take care of the rest of my Pokemon I'm gonna capture. Well, I think me and Bulbasaur will head off now!

He turns to look at Bulbasaur.

Y/N: Alright buddy! Let's go!

Bulbasaur : Bulba! (Yeah!)

The two started heading back downstairs while one of the three other kids who were also picking up their first Pokemon walked past him. He then heard Professor saying goodbye to them.

Professor Oak: Bye Y/N! And don't forget to inform me how your journey is going!

Y/N: Bye Professor Oak! And I will!

When they got downstairs Y/N saw his best friend and rival, Gary Oak, standing there. 

Y/N: Hey! Gary! What's up?

The two did their signature hand shake.

Gary: Nothing much man. Just getting ready to be the first Pokemon master from Pallet Town!

Y/N: (Chuckles) In your dreams dude. Cause I'll be the first Pokemon master!

Gary: (Chuckles) Well looks like we have to settle this on a battle field. 

Gary then noticed Bulbasaur standing next to you. 

Gary: A Bulbasaur, huh. Good choice. 

Y/N: Thanks! Well I gotta go. See you on the battle field in the Indigo League. 

Gary: Definitely. 

The two high fived each other. Then Gary walked upstairs to get his first Pokemon. With that, Y/N and Bulbasaur left the Professors lab and again met with the screaming crowd in front of the lab. Y/N then saw his parents and Ms. Ketchum standing there with a wide smiles on their faces. 

Y/N: Hey mom and dad! Hey Ms. Ketchum!

Crystal: Hello sweetie!

Mom instantly engulfs her son in a hug. She finally let's go and dad hugged him next. Next one to hug our hero was Ms. Ketchum. 

Y/N: Glad to see that you could make it here too aunt Delia.

Delia: Of course! I wouldn't never miss out this day. 

Y/N smiles at that. His dad then notices the Bulbasaur. 

Lucas: So you picked Bulbasaur.

Y/N: Yeah! Doesn't he look strong. 

The three grown ups then crouch down to Bulbasaurs level.

Lucas: Hey Bulbasaur. I'm Y/N's dad, Lucas.

Crystal: And I'm his mom, Crystal. 

Delia: And I'm his sort of like an aunt, Delia.

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (Nice to meet you all!)

Crystal then starts tugging her son backpack. 

Crystal: Are you sure that you have everything you need?

Y/N: Yeah yeah, I do! Don't worry mom.

She smiles, hugs him and gives him a kiss on a forehead. 

Crystal: Good luck sweetie. Be safe. 

Dad then comes forward and puts his hands on his son's shoulders. 

Lucas: Alright. Goodbye then. We will see you at the Indigo League. 

He and mom then squat down at the Bulbasaur's level. Dad pets him.

Lucas: And goodbye to you too.

Crystal: Keep our son safe, okay.

Bulbasaur: Bulba Bulbasaur! (Don't worry! I will!)

They just smile, stood up and looked at their son with pride on their faces. Y/N then turned to look at Bulbasaur. 

Y/N: Alright buddy! Let's start our journey!

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (Yeah!)

They then took of toward the Route 1 and through that to Viridian city.

Y/N: Bye mom! Bye dad! Bye aunt Delia!

They don't yell anything back so they turn around and see them just waving their hands. Y/n just smiles and waves back. And then they continued their run toward the Route 1.

Time skip

Y/N and Bulbasaur ran all the way to Route 1 and started walking after arriving there. He was excited. The day he waited for has finally happened. Now Y/N was a Pokemon trainer.

Y/N: (Sigh) Let's rest up for a bit.

Y/N says while walking to a log to sit on it and puts his backpack on the ground. Bulbasaur follows him and sits on the log as well. Y/N opens his backpack and picks up two sandwiches.

Y/N: Hungry?

Bulbasaur: Bulba Bulbasaur. (Yeah, a little.)

The Seed Pokemon says, takes the other sandwich and eats it. Y/N also eats his own sandwich while also checking from his Pokedex information about Bulbasaur. Then they both hear a rustling sound from the bush. Then a small bird Pokemon flies out of the bush.

Y/N: It's Pidgey! 

Y/N says and points his Pokedex at the Pokemon. Pokedex then informs the trainer.

Pidgey is a Flying Pokemon. Among all the Flying Pokemon, it is the gentlest and easiest to capture. A perfect target for the beginning Pokemon Trainer to test his Pokemon's skills.

Y/N: Cool! Alright Bulbasaur! Go! 

He commands his Pokemon. Bulbasaur jumps in font of his trainer and gets into a battle stance.

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (Let's do this!)

The grass type Pokemon says. Both Pokemon stare down at each other. Finally Y/N yells out a move.

Y/N: Use Tackle! 

And with that, he rushed at the Tiny Bird Pokemon. Bulbasaur tackled the Pidgey. The flying type Pokemon was sent flying backwards and fell on the ground. But Pidgey wasn't done. It got up and used Gust on Bulbasaur. The attack slowly started pushing him back. Y/N then made a rookie mistake and threw his Poke ball at the Tiny Bird Pokemon. 

Y/N: I got it!

When it hits him, a red beam sucks the Pidgey inside the Poke ball. The ball is moving on the ground for a while. But unfortunately, the Poke ball opened up and Pidgey breaks out and flies away 

Y/N: Aww, I blew it.

To capture a Pokémon, you usually have your own Pokémon battle with the other.

Y/N: Damn! I should have remembered that!

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur Bulbasaur. (Don't worry Y/N. We will get the next one.)

Y/N smiles at his Pokemon's optimism.

Y/N: Yeah. You're right! We will catch the next one!

But unknowingly for our hero and his partner, unknown Pokemon was watching them up in the trees. Bulbasaur then heard.

Bulbasaur: Saur Bulbasaur! (Wait! I heard something!)

Y/N turned to look at Bulbasaur, who was looking around frantically. 

Y/N: What is it?

Then, something fast flew at Bulbasaur. But Bulbasaur was faster and jumped out of the way before it could hit him. Both Y/N and Bulbasaur turned to look at the attacker who was revealed to be Spearow. 

Y/N: Oh no! It's Spearow!

Y/N says and points his Pokedex at the Pokemon.

Unlike Pidgey, Spearow has a terrible attitude. It is very wild and will sometimes attack other Pokemon and humans.

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (What do we do!?)

Y/N: We are gonna have to battle it!

Bulbasaur took his battle stance again. Spearow then flew at Bulbasaur with full speed. 

Y/N: Dodge it and use Vine Whip!

Bulbasaur dodged the incoming attack and hit Spearow with his Vines. Tiny Bird Pokemon was sent flying backwards and fell on the ground. Spearow was about to get up but our heroes weren't gonna let that happen. 

Y/N: Use Tackle before it gets back up!

Seed Pokemon did what his trainer told it to do and tackled the flying type Pokemon. Spearow was ones again lying on the ground, struggling to get back up. Y/N quickly grabs an empty Poke Ball and throws it at the Tiny Bird Pokemon.

Y/N: Now, Poke ball, go!

Spearow gets sucked inside the ball. It's shakes for a while until it stops and there is a "Ding" sound. Y/N then has the biggest smile on his face as he jumps up while screaming.

Y/N: Yes! We did it!

Bulbasaur: Bulba Bulbasaur! (Alright! We won!)

Y/N walks up the Poke Ball and picks it up. He stares it for a while before glancing at his watch. He noticed that the night time will fall soon.

Y/N: Oh. We better pick up the pace if we wanna make it to the Pokemon center before night.

He tells his Pokemon and both began to walk towards the Viridian city. Suddenly Bulbasaur hears something, turns around, looks up an sees Pokemon flying in the air.

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (Y/N, look!)

He yells and points at the Pokemon with his vine.

Y/N: Huh! Bulbasaur what's wrong?

Y/N asks and look up where Bulbasaur is pointing. 

Y/N: Whoa! Who's that Pokemon!? 

He says and points his Pokedex at it.

There is no data. There are still Pokemon yet to be identified.

Y/N: Really?! 

He yells shocked. He looks back at the Pokemon and thinks.

Y/N: "Then why does it looks so familiar?"

He just shrugs his shoulders, puts his Pokedex away and starts walking at the Viridian city. 

Y/N: Let's go Bulbasaur.

He says and grass type Pokemon follows him.

Time skip

They finally arrive at the Viridian city. During their trip he also managed to catch a Rattata who was looking for food. Whole trip to there he was still thinking about that Pokemon he saw. What was it? Where did it come from? And where has he seen it before? His train of thoughts is stopped when Officer Jenny stops him.

Officer Jenny: Hello, young man? Where are you going with that Pokemon?

Y/N: Hey. It's my Pokemon. I'm Y/N from Pallet town.

Officer Jenny: Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you might be stealing it. Just show me your ID and you can go.

Jenny tells him. Y/N then pulls out his Pokedex from his pocket and hands it to Jenny.

Y/N: Sure. Here you go.

Jenny takes the Pokedex and checks his ID from it. After a while he hands it back to him.

Officer Jenny: Thank you! A L/N, huh? So your Lucas's son right?

Y/N: Yeah, that's me. Can you tell me where the Pokemon center is? 

Jenny explained to him where it is located and the trainer and his Pokemon began to head towards the Pokemon center to rest up.

Whoa! That was long to write. So? What do you guys think? And if there was any grammar mistakes, just so you know. My native language is not english. So if there was any mistakes just let me know. Alright i will see you in the next chapter. Next time we will meet Misty and catch some new Pokemon.

Current Pokemon:
Bulbasaur
Spearow
Rattata

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8K 1.4K 28
Join (Y/n) Ketchem and friends on their exciting Pokemon journey. Finished *edited* It's NOT perfect, I did the best I could do, if you don't like i...
12.8K 232 25
There is alot of alternate universes of Ash even Smarter Ash AUs. This time this Ash does not want to become Pokemon Master (or lacks of the motivati...
532 104 21
Ariel Waterflower is the youngest sister among her 4 older sisters, Misty, Lily, Violet and Daisy aka the Cerulean City Gym Leaders. While Misty is o...