The Bargain with the Billiona...

De Himitsunosakka

She is Dominique Garcia a freelance animator by day and a band vocalist at night. Two months ago, she was a s... Mais

Chapter 1- Bargain
Chapter 2- Music
Chapter 3- Best friends
Chapter 4- Second meeting
Chapter 5- Curiosity
Chapter 6- Fate
Chapter 7- Challenge
Chapter 8- Revenge
Chapter 9- Drunk
Chapter 10- Car
Chapter 11- Visitors
Chapter 12-Jealousy
Chapter 13-Surprises
Chapter 14- Set up
Chapter 15- Scandal
Chapter 16- Escape
Chapter 17- Press Conference
Chapter 18- Mask
Chapter 19 -Concert
Chapter 20- Proposal
Chapter 21 -Cowards
Chapter 23 -Memories
Chapter 24- Promise
Chapter 25- Injuries
Chapter 26- Bride
Chapter 27- Wedding
Chapter 28- Fake
Chapter 29- Honeymoon
Chapter 30 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 31 - Confession
Chapter 32 - Beginning
Chapter 33 - Daughter

Chapter 22- Family

8K 227 11
De Himitsunosakka

"Families are like fudge – mostly sweet with a few nuts." – Unknown

Dominique's POV

"Dad, mom, gramps, grandma, this is Dominique my fiancée." Leandro uttered excitedly as soon as we landed on their enormous mansion.

You. Are. Not. Welcome. Here!

I can literally read those words on their foreheads. I'm expected but absolutely not welcome.

No warm hugs. No sweet smiles. Just slight nod and cold stares as cold as the weather. It's only Christmas for me. There's no Merry. They're looking at me from head to foot with displeasure on their faces. Actually, that's understandable because I'm like an out of sort woman with hang over who accidently stepped in a male comfort room and can't step forward nor backward as I was caught red-handed.

I'm wearing my usual outfit. My thrasher pants, which is torn in several places and my loose long sleeve shirt with a cartoon character in front. I'm wearing my favorite red converse, which is also torn and my baseball cap to complete the outfit. Great. I'm utterly underdressed for the occasion.

Or maybe they're just overdressed with their fancy gowns and stilettos and suits. Who the hell I'm kidding? I'm the only odd one out. Even Lean is wearing his three-piece suit. He just came from a dreadful business meeting as he puts it before fetching me. He never commented on my outfit, so I thought it just fine.

Speaking of the devil, he held my hand and intertwined my fingers to mine. He looked at me rather apologetic. He should be. He never told me it's a formal family dinner. No. Not just a family dinner, because some relatives are also present. It's more like of a mini reunion.

The truth is I dressed normally because I don't want to look trying hard to impress them. Surely enough with my out-of-place garb, my plan really worked. They will not be impressed – AT ALL. Way to go Dominique, you just nailed it!

After the unpleasant greetings or more of like awkward nodding with his stunning mom, very aristocratic but good-looking dad, emperor gramps, and strictly looking but beautiful grandma, we headed towards the house instead of the garden where the big Christmas dinner will take place.

"I'm really sorry genie, I didn't know it's a formal dinner." He said as we stopped in the center of their elegant Victorian-themed living room. The furniture has ornate wooden carved embellishments with rich fabrics. The table is marble topped. There are traditional-style lamps in the corner and porcelain jars with crocheted doilies under it. I felt like I time travelled back to Queen Victoria's era. I really like old things because there are fascinating stories behind them. I really love old people too except that they don't feel the same way.

He capped my face with his hands, which caught me off guard. What he's doing?

"I'm sorry genie. I really do. I'll make it up to you, promise." I smiled at him for reassurance. Who would deny him when he's so gorgeous and sincere?

"Third, you're here." We both looked up to where the voice was coming. I saw a stunning woman running downstairs excitedly wearing a black long gown that hugged her perfect body. She looks like a walking Barbie doll. Perfect.

I was stunned when she flung her arms around Leandro's neck and hugged him tightly with me just inches apart from them. What the hell? Who's this woman?

"I miss you." She uttered with her sweet voice reaching my ears and I was stunned once again when she kissed Leandro's cheek and the devil just smiled at her sweetly that I want to hit him on the head that instant to wake him from a trance. Hello! You're fiancée is here.

I don't know what I should do at that time. I have several options in my mind but I don't know which one is the best.

Should I pull the woman's hair, which my hands itch to do at this moment?

Should I hit Lean's head to wake him from a trance and remind him that I'm just standing here several inches away from them, watching?

Should I shout at them to break the spell they're in?

Should I walk out and act as martyr and just call my best friends to rescue me?

Maybe all of the above?

But thanks god, they decided to end their past-lover-kind-of reunion.

He looked at me intently as if assessing my reaction seeing them together. I frowned at both of them and to my surprise, he grinned at me with satisfaction in his eyes. There's something wrong with his head, I pretty sure of it.

"Genie, this is my childhood friend, Abigail." He encircled his arms around my waist and pressed me to his side possessively. I blushed at his action. "Abby this is Dominique, my fiancée."

So this is Abby, the perfect woman whom his family wanted him to marry. I suddenly felt more out of place and insecure. She's a stunning woman. When I glanced at both of them briefly, it's very evident, they look perfect together.

"Oh." That's all she could utter. She was obviously stunned and disappointed. She was hurt but tried to cover it with a smile that did not reach her pretty eyes. Somehow, I pity her. I know that feeling. I've been there and I've done numerous things most of them stupid just to fight for that feeling. And that's what led me to Leandro.

"Hi, it's nice meeting you Abby." I smiled at her. I'm pretty sure I mirrored her smile a while ago, just a smile for the sake of smiling. It did not reach my eyes. I offered my hand for a shake. She hesitantly reached for it.

"Call me Red. I'm more comfortable with it."

My smile was gone instantly when I heard that. Could it be the woman Leandro's talking about when he was drunk? The woman he wanted to propose to? Is she also the woman who begged him to stop fighting for her? The same woman who hurt him in the past?

Is it possible that he's only using me to get his revenge? If that so, that explains the press conference, the proposal, the sweet words, the kisses. All of those are fake. He's fake.

I sighed deeply in disappointment. I felt my body weakened and my head hurts all of a sudden.

I'm so stupid to hope that the fake can turn real.

"Genie, are you alright?" He tightened his hold bearing my body weight.

"I'm fine. I'm just a little tired." I didn't dare to look at him. I don't want him to see the disappointment and hurt my face can't hide anymore. I massaged my forehead as an excuse.

I squeaked when he scooped me in his arms without warning and carried me bridal style in front of his fiancée number two.

This is really awkward. It's like a TV drama...Two wives in the making.

She looked at us appalled.

"Lean, put me down." I said sternly but he just smiled in response. He walked towards the stairs carrying me as if I weighed nothing.

I tried to wriggle free from his hold but that's of no use. His strength is probably ten times mine plus I felt so weak right now. So I just let him carry me and do what he wants. He can act for as long as he likes, I don't care anymore.

@@@@@@@@@@

Leandro's POV

"So where is she?" My sister squeaked like a teenager seeing her crush. I frowned at her. "My rock and roll, so very cool sister-in-law to be, where is she? So excited to meet her." She's hyper as always. But I'm glad she's not part of the play.

Nothing is change. Gramps is playing dirty again. First, he told me it's just a simple dinner and later on I found out it's a formal one. Second, when we arrived they gave genie a very cold shoulder, which for me is like a bad stage play. They're very obvious especially mom and dad, they suck in acting that I wanted to laugh at them.

My grandma on the other hand is trying her best to contain herself from hugging genie and my tyrant gramps maintained the stern aura on that aristocratic face of his, but there's a certain gleam in his eyes that tells me a different story, a favorable one.

They like her a lot. They can't fool me. Their façade will soon be gone when genie shows her charm. I hope they hear her sing. There's something about her sweet voice that breaks defenses. That's what she did to me.

"She's sleeping upstairs. She's not feeling well. She has headache and a bit nauseated."

"And she threw up?" She asked out of nowhere. How did she know that?

"Yeah, she threw up a little bit." Actually, I was kind of worried that I suggested we go to the hospital but she reassured me it's just because of migraine headache. She said it's natural for her whenever she has her period. She explained it's a hormone thing. I just kept my mouth shut. I knew nothing about female hormones.

"Oh, my God!" She squeaked rather loudly this time. "Congratulations bro."

She hugged me all of a sudden and I'm so confused. What's that all about?

And she ran excitedly to the garden. "Oh my God, mom, grandma, I have good news for you." She shouted loudly. I'm pretty sure everyone has eyes and ears only for her. "Genie is pregnant!"

What did she say?

"Leandro's fiancée is pregnant!" She announced again with so much enthusiasm.

I heard Oh my God's over and over and then giggling and laughing, mostly from my mom and grandma and you know who, my little sister.

I followed her in the garden but I was seconds late. When I tried to open my mouth to explain, everyone interrupted me with their hugs, handshakes, and congratulations. I tried to smile widely. I'm pretty sure I look like a man having diarrhea.

Shit! Genie will kill me.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Now, I understand why the sudden engagement. I can't believe this, you're giving us grandkid." My grandma couldn't hide her excitement even in front of gramps. She couldn't shut her mouth about the great news. "I'm so proud of you, hijo."

Mom and dad smiled at me warmly. I can see their eyes glitter with so much joy. There's this silent glance telling me, we're so proud of you son.

At that time, I have no heart to break that, to break their hearts about the false news. So I just filled my mouth with luscious cuisine in front before I say something stupid that will ruin everyone's good mood.

I can feel gramps examining my every move with his clever eyes like a lion eyeing his prey. He can't be fooled easily. One should be a master first to do that to him. And I'm no master. I know he knows the truth. What I can't really comprehend is why did he just go with the flow and pretend not to know the truth. What's he's trick this time?

"I'm so excited to see a little rock and roll Third years from now." Hyacinth, my little sister giggled. "I just hope he'll be more like his super cool mom than his super boring dad." She looked at me under her false eyelashes grinning stupidly.

I looked at her with raised eyebrow. "So, I'm boring now. But you told me I'm cool when I didn't tell dad you wrecked his jaguar." I said innocently, which caused Hyacinth to cover her mouth in shock.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, young lady." Dad strict and steady voice made Hyacinth sigh deeply and I earned a sharp look from her from under her thick eyelashes.

"And it's going to be a She not He." I corrected her about the gender of our baby. I know one genie is a headache but I don't care I love to have two or even four or more genies around. It would be heaven if that happens with a little bit of hell.

"No." My mom and grandma blurted out in unison. "It's going to be a He."

To my surprise, gramps made a throaty chuckle. He's smiling, which made his forehead crinkled in the process hiding his eyes. It's a genuine one. "It doesn't matter if it's He or She. What's important is the baby is healthy so as the mother."

I was appalled hearing gramps say that. So what made him change his mind all of a sudden? Is it genuine or some kind of adverse plan? I can really tell. He's wearing the mask again. That blank mask on his face that is really hard to decipher. I need a word with grandma after this. She's the only one who can read gramps' hidden face.

I'm really glad genie is sleeping peacefully instead of acting in front of my family. I don't want to stress her out more. Thankfully, they didn't insist of her joining the grand dinner. They consented to just let her sleep a little more for only one reason – she's pregnant.

We were about to finish our desserts when we heard a sound coming out of the house. A sound of piano - the grand piano, which the family never touched for years.

We were startled for seconds. Who's playing the piano?

Mom abruptly stood up even before finishing her dessert. She walked her way to the house eagerly and the rest of the family followed suit.

Seconds later we heard a sweet voice accompanying the piano echoing from the music room and I know exactly who owns that beautiful voice – my genie.

I saw an old friend of ours today

She asked about you, I didn't quite know what to say

Heard you've been making the rounds 'round here

While I've been trying to make tears disappear

Now, I'm almost over you

I've almost shook these blues

So when you come back around

After painting the town

You'll see I'm almost over you

We didn't enter the music room. We're just standing at the door watching her play, her back facing the door. She's in her own world again oblivious of her surroundings. She's playing the grand piano with ease as if she's a part of it. I was awed seeing her like that. I didn't know she can play piano. Yes, I know she can play drums and guitar but not piano. Now I have a clue who thought her that.

I've seen her played. I've seen her sang, but there's something different now. Something bad. Something lonely. Something bothering her.

The entire house was solemn only her sweet voice is echoing in every corner. My mom, dad, gramps, grandma and my sister were watching her silently and so was I. But I want her to stop now. I can hear hurt in her voice and I'm hurting too seeing her like that.

You're such a sly one with your cold cold heart

Maybe leavin' came easy, but it tore me apart

Time heals all wounds they say and I should know

'Coz it seems like forever, but I'm letting you go

Now, I'm almost...

She suddenly stopped playing. Her fingers left the keys and she turned her head towards the door. Shocked was evident on her face when she saw us standing at the doorway. She abruptly stood up clutching her fingers together anxiously. She's crying again.

"I...I...I'm really sorry." She stuttered. "I...didn't mean to. It just that I love the piano and...and I'm..well sorry.."

I walked past my family and reached for her in long strides. I hugged her into me. Shit, she's crying and I feel my heart ached seeing her so helpless and hurt. I realized I'm such a bastard for putting her in this situation. I'm such a selfish bastard and I want to hit myself right now.

Of course this is all hard for her. And the way my family acted coldly a while ago plus Abby attending dinner added to that.

"It's okay, genie. You don't have to apologize." I held her face gently in my palms and dried her tears with my fingers. There's no need to ask why she's crying. I perfectly understand.

I kissed her forehead and embraced her again. She leaned forward against my chest.

"Wow, that's awesome, genie." My sister decided to break the silence. "You can play any instruments? Can you teach me how to play guitar?"

She looked up at me questioningly probably asking, who the hell is this woman?

"Genie, this is my little sister, Hyacinth."

Hyacinth flung her arms around her with enthusiasm for a hug, which surprised her enormously. She didn't know whether to hug her back or pull backward. She's smiling awkwardly.

"Don't be surprise. She's a nutcase." I assured her with a chuckle.

She smiled sweetly hearing that. "Pretty much like me?"

The rest of the family laughed softly hearing that comment from her surprisingly again that includes my gramps.

"Yeah, pretty much like you." I agreed with a smile. So it's time to end the family play and act normal.

"Can I hug you, dear?" My grandma cannot contain herself anymore and hugged my genie tightly. "Welcome to the family. I'm so happy to finally meet you. Congratulations, dear."

Genie was appalled hearing that. She's probably thinking there's something wrong with my family. One moment they're cold and then the next moment they're warm. They're moods are thousand times worse than the weather – so unpredictable.

My mom also hugged her warmly so as my dad and would you believe it, even my gramps.

This is way better than I expected. I'm sure it's not only because of the baby. There's something about her voice that can melt defenses and lull anyone to surrender.

After that warm welcome and congratulations, she became less tense and she smiled sweetly to everyone.

I'm praying silently that no one will open up about the baby. And I'm the one who's getting really tense now.

"By the way sis, how's the baby doing?" That's Hyacinth and I so wanted to drag her out and stitch her mouth for mentioning that.

Except it's too late for me because genie crinkled her forehead in confusion and gazed at me questioningly.

"I'm sure she's hungry so as the baby. I'll just satisfy her fully with luscious food on the table and after that she'll satisfy your curiosity." I winked at them and guided her out of the music room.

I'm sure that alibi worked for them but not for the confused lady in my arms.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

After an hour or two, most of my relatives called it a night and went home together with my little cousins. I wished Kenshin is with me right now to help me in this confusing situation.

Obviously, genie is not happy when she heard the news about everyone assuming she's pregnant. As a matter of fact, she's hurt and disappointed. She thought that the sudden change of mood of my family is just solely because of the baby. She doesn't believe it isn't no matter how hard I convinced her. She's so hard-headed as always.

She kept on avoiding me for almost an hour now and whenever I'm beside her and trying to make a conversation, she'll just answer with a slight nod or when she's in the mood to open her mouth, she'll utter yes or no. Just like that and she'll find her escape again.

This is obviously getting bad and I just can't sit still knowing we're not in good terms. And right now, I'm looking for her. Where the hell did she hide this time?

"Easy bro she's not going anywhere." My sister commented sprouting behind me all of a sudden. "Or maybe she just eloped with someone?" She asked as if testing me.

"Don't start with me Hyacinth." I warned her. "Did you see her?"

"Look down and you'll find her." She instructed with a smile. "She's with her knights in shining leather jackets."

What's nonsense she's talking about now?

But when I looked down from the veranda, I saw her talking animatedly with her friends -the three billionaires in their black leather jackets. They're outside the gate but I can see them perfectly from where I'm standing.

What in the world they're doing here?

"So, she's not pregnant." That's not a question but rather a statement, which caught me off guard. I didn't answer for seconds.

"Don't deny. She told us already."

I looked at her confused. I'm trying to read her if she's just testing me to know the truth, but she isn't. "Who told you?"

"Dominique."

"Genie, told you that?" I asked her not believing what I heard. "But...I mean, when?"

"A while ago when you're busy entertaining Red and before your genie received a call from her hot friends." I can hear her giggles when she mentioned genie's friend and I'm not wondering why. Even my little cousins are talking about the Rock and Roll Billionaires. Yes, that's they're name now after they decided to took off their mask on that concert.

"So, I presumed the rest of the family knows."

"Yeah, she gathered us here and told us bravely and of course she apologized for the mistake, which in my opinion is solely yours and partly mine."

It's really big news for me that Hyacinth admits her mistake. It's once in a blue moon occurrence and I'm lost for words.

"Tell me, Third, do you really love her?" She asked me seriously this time.

"Why the sudden interrogation?" And it's new again hearing my little sister ask such very personal question.

"Because if you're just playing around, you must stop." She's really serious about this. "You're hurting Red and Dominique right now and they don't deserve it."

"I love Red and I'll marry her soon."

Hyacinth's eyebrows furrowed in confusion but she didn't comment for a moment. She just gave me her analyzing look.

"I can see that you're serious. My only advice is you settle this sooner because innocent people are hurting with your games." And just like that she left me staring at her back.

She's suddenly pissed off and I don't have a freaking idea why.

What did I do this time?

Women are really confusing creatures.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

When I saw genie in the living room, her mood is much better. She's talking animatedly with Hyacinth about the paintings and some other stuff. But just like before, she keeps on ignoring me.

She's wearing a grey jacket with hood. There's a big word written in front that says D.E.A.T.H. She loves wearing statement clothing with cartoon characters and big words.

Some best friends just probably text or call to ask if you're safe or comfortable. Some even didn't have a time for such. But hers are different. They travelled from Manila to Baguio just to bring her a jacket. And for the life of me, I forgot that she hates cold weather.

"What's this?" I heard her ask Hyacinth. She's pointing at a frame hanging on the wall.

I love that frame so much. It's simple but it holds special memories.

"Oh that? We called that frame ponytail. As you can see, it is made up of different color ponytails to form an abstract painting. Actually, mom created it. But the ponytails are from my brother." Hyacinth explained.

"Actually, mom created it as a reminder of my promise to a certain girl before." I butted in looking at the painting.

Genie looked at me appalled. She opened her mouth but she didn't seem to find the right words and closed it again.

"You...you're Third?" She asked stuttering a little a moment later.

I'm glad she's talking to me now.

And I'm more than glad she remembers now - the crazy little boy who called her Red no matter how she insisted not to.

The same little boy who promised to marry her when she turns thirty.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

330K 11.3K 43
What do I do with her? I thought "What do you mean what do I do with her? claim her your's, it was her all the way long and it would be her in the...
2.1K 81 14
WRONG BRIDE - CORRECT BRIDE Regardless of being a self- made Billionaire, the untamed billionaire Antonio is the heir apparent to his Father's stinky...
7.2K 191 50
Luna Bell is a pretty average person. She lives with her sister, Julia, in their apartment while finishing up college in hopes of being able to run h...
8.6K 324 9
Felix was struggling in his life economically and relationship-wise. Having a part job as a cafe waiter and working as a stripper at night that doesn...