MY LIFE AS A STEPMOM🖤✅|COMPL...

By Amnarhhhh

Asmau's life takes a huge turn when her father arranges her marriage to Abubakar Sadeeq Saleem, a doting fath... More

INTRODUCTION✨
1-ONE🖤
2-TWO💘
3-THREE💚
4-FOUR💜
5-FIVE💙
6-SIX🧡
7-SEVEN💜
8-EIGHT🖤
9-NINE❤
10-TEN💛
11-ELEVEN🖤
12-TWELVE💜
🇳🇬13-THIRTEEN🇳🇬
14-FOURTEEN🖤
15-FIFTEEN💙
16-SIXTEEN🖤
17-SEVENTEEN🧡
18-EIGHTEEN💛
19-NINETEEN💜
20-TWENTY 💖
21-TWENTY ONE🖤
22-TWENTY TWO💖
23-TWENTY THREE🧡
24-TWENTY FOUR💜
25-TWENTY FIVE🖤
26-TWENTY SIX💚
27-TWENTY SEVEN💙
28-TWENTY EIGHT🖤
29-TWENTY NINE💙
30-THIRTY💕💕
31-THIRTY ONE❤
32-THIRTY TWO💘
33-THIRTY THREE🧡
34-THIRTY FOUR💙
35-THIRTY FIVE🖤
36-THIRTY SIX❤
37-THIRTY SEVEN💜
38-THIRTY EIGHT🖤
39-THIRTY NINE💜
41-FORTY ONE🧡
42-FORTY TWO💜
43-FORTY THREE🖤
44-FORTY FOUR🧡
45-FORTY FIVE💛
46-FORTY SIX💜
47-FORTY SEVEN🖤
48-FORTY EIGHT💙
49-FORTY NINE💚
50-FIFTY💥
51-FIFTY ONE🖤
52-FIFTY TWO💜
53-FIFTY THREE🧡
54-FIFTY FOUR💔
EPILOGUE🥺

40-FORTY❣

844 144 19
By Amnarhhhh

ASMAU

"I'm deeply sorry, but you lost the baby," the doctor delivered the heart-wrenching news I had hoped never to hear.

"No, No, No, No, No! This can't be happening. I can't lose my baby," I sobbed, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I truly regret having to tell you this, Mrs. Abubakar. There's nothing more we can do. Excuse me," the doctor said before leaving the room.

"Abubakar, please, tell me it's not true. Please, I beg you," I cried, reaching out to him.

He rushed over, enveloping me in a comforting hug and gently rubbed my back. "My love, I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry," he whispered, holding me tightly.

"But I want my baby back! What did I do wrong?" I sobbed.

"Hush, don't say that. We must be patient and accept Allah's decree my love," he replied.

"But I longed to hold my baby in my arms. I want my baby back, please. I promise I'll be more careful. Just pl—"

Abubakar cradled me, trying to conceal his pain too. "Sabr, my love. Let's hope this is for the best," he whispered, and I nodded. We pulled away as Ya Aminah and Summaya entered the room.

"I'll go talk to the doctor. I'll be right back," Abubakar said, planting a kiss on my forehead before leaving.

"Asmau, my love!" Ya Aminah embraced me, "Ya Amina, I lost my baby," I sniffled, the pain cutting deep.

"It's okay, baby sis. Everything will be fine," she reassured, her hand soothingly rubbing my back.

"This is all my fault," I sighed.

"Don't you dare say that, Asmau. It's nobody's fault. It was destined to happen. You were destined to have a miscarriage, and nothing can change that. Just be patient and keep on praying. Allah yasa shine mafi Alkhairi," she prayed, and I whispered an Ameen.

UNKNOWN POV

"I hope you know what to say, right?" She asked.

"Yes, I do. Don't worry," I reassured her.

"Doctor Hameed, I'm relying on you. You know that, right?"

"Iman, I won't let you down. I can never forget how your father helped me in life. He helped me become who I am today, a doctor in this hospital. So, I'm repaying all the good he did for me. Rest your case, Iman, and your mind should be at peace."

"That's good, Doctor Hameed. I'm glad I can trust you."

"Yes, Iman. I have to go now," I said.

"Okay, then, goodbye," she replied and hang up. A knock at my office door interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in," I called out.

"Doctor, can we talk?" Abubakar asked as he entered my office.

"Yes, Abubakar. Have a seat," I gestured for him to sit down.

"I'm here to talk about my wife's health. What happened, Doctor? How did she have a miscarriage? I'm sure there's something, right?" He inquired with concern.

"Well, Abubakar, due to the tests we conducted, we discovered that your wife consumed something poisonous that affected the baby. It could have posed a threat to her life as well if she had consumed more of it."

"What are you saying, Doctor? What did she take?" He asked, curiously.

"Pregnancy can cause women to crave certain foods and drinks. In her case, she consumed a drink that was very dangerous to her health. It's a kind of poison. However, I won't say she did it intentionally because she might have unknowingly consumed it in a particular drink, but—"

"Wait, Doctor," he interrupted me. "Are you trying to say that my wife did that intentionally?"

"Not really, but yes, it's a possibility. Alternatively, it could have been due to carelessness. She may not have been cautious enough about the baby's health." I explained, as I had planned.

"Enough!" He yelled, hitting the table with his hand. "Doctor, my wife would never do anything like that intentionally. It was destined to happen, and it did." He said, furiously.

"I'm sorry; I was just explaining things to you. Now, I'll prescribe some medications for her that she will need to take," I explained.

"When can we be discharged?" He inquired, calmly.

"Hopefully, tomorrow," I replied, handing him a list of prescribed medications.

"See you later," he said before leaving the room.

I couldn't help but hope that he believed my explanation.

ABUBAKAR

After leaving the doctor's office, I made my way back to Asmau's room. The doctor had left me fuming with his accusations. How dare he suggest that Asmau might have done something to harm our baby? I had to push those thoughts aside and trust my wife.

As I entered the room with a salam, Asmau was engaged in a conversation with Aminah about something. When our eyes met, a small, reassuring smile lit up her face. That smile always had a calming effect on me.

I walked over to her on the bed and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. "You're back already kenan?" She asked, to which I simply nodded. "What did the doctor say?" she added, concern etched in her features.

"It's not important, my love," I replied, attempting to brush off the topic.

"What do you mean it's not important? We're talking about our baby here, Abubakar," she pressed further, her worry evident.

I decided not to share the doctor's suspicions with her. It would only upset her further.

"Um, Asmau, we're going to check up on Auntie now... We'll return later," Aminah interjected, standing up, and Summaya followed suit.

"Okay, Ya Aminah," Asmau replied, her attention returning to me as they left the room.

"So, what did the doctor say?" she asked again, this time more persistently.

"Nothing happened, my love. It's Qadr, and we have to accept it," I replied, enveloping her in a warm hug from behind, my head nuzzled into her neck. "I love you so much," I whispered.

"Me too," she replied softly.

ASMAU

"Have you packed the bag?" Ya Aminah asked.

"Yes," I nodded, cross checking to check if everything was there. Just then, Abubakar walked into the room.

"I've settled everything; let's get going," he announced, taking the bag from me.

"Okay then, Ya Aminah, goodbye," I said, giving her a warm hug.

"Okay, my regards to the kids," she replied after we pulled away.

"In shaa Allah," I responded before we left the room.

Abubakar glanced at me, his eyes filled with concern, and asked, "You feel okay?"

I nodded with a smile. "I do," I reassured him.

As we made our way toward the exit, we unexpectedly bumped into Doctor Munnir. "Oh, Asmau!" he exclaimed, turning his gaze to Abubakar, who already had a slight frown. "Abubakar!" he greeted, extending his hand for a handshake, which Abubakar reluctantly accepted.

"Doctor Munnir, hello," I greeted with a polite smile.

"How have you been? Did you come to visit Aunty?" he inquired.

"I'm fine, yes," I nodded in response.

"Lately I have—" he began, but Abubakar interrupted him abruptly.

"Doctor Munnir, there's no time to chat; we have to get going home," Abubakar declared, casting a quick glance at his wristwatch.

"I understand. Goodbye, then," Doctor Munnir said, offering a tight-lipped smile before walking away. I shot Abubakar a disapproving look; that was rude.

"Stop staring at me like that, and let's go," he said, taking my hand as we headed toward the car.

A week later..

It's been a week since my miscarriage and since I lost my little angel. Abubakar has been so caring towards me, always trying to cheer me up, and I really appreciate that. I was currently in the living room upstairs with Afeena on my lap, styling her hair.

"Noorie!" I called for the second time. Afeena giggled as I gently tugged at a strand of her hair while looking around for Noorie.

"Safeeya, where's Noorie?" I asked, glancing around.

"I'm here Mummy," Noorie chimed in as she skipped into the room.

"Sit down here, Noorie, because when I'm done with Afeena's hair, it will be your turn," I informed her.

"But Mummy, I want my hair like this, packed in a bun," she pouted.

"You're resuming school tomorrow, sweetheart; your hair has to be neat," I explained gently.

"Okay, then," she sighed taking a seat.

"Safeeya, are you going to braid?" I playfully teased, knowing how much she disliked having her hair plaited.

"Oh, no, no, no, Mummy, nobody is touching my hair, nobody at all," she protested.

"I'll style it for you, then," I offered.

"I'll do it myself, Mummy. I'm too big for you to be styling my hair," Safeeya declared.

I chuckled, rolling my eyes. "Too what? Big? Wow, Safeeya has really grown up; you're telling me you're too big? Wow!" I chuckled.

She stood up and came over to me, resting her head on my shoulder. "You aren't sad, are you?" she asked with concern.

"Sad about what, Feeyah? That you're all grown up and will be leaving Mummy soon?"

"Where will I be going?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You'll get married and leave me."

"What? Innalillahi, Mummy no! I'm too young; I'm still a little girl! I'm just 13, for God's sake!" She exclaimed. Drama queen.

"Oh, I thought you said you were too big," I chuckled.

"No, I'm not, Mummy. I love you," she muttered, hugging me.

"I love you more, sweetheart."

"What about me?" Noorie chimed in with a pout.

"Nobody loves you, so shut up," Safeeya retorted, and they began their playful bickering.

"Aunty Asmau, you have some visitors," Saratu announced, the moment she came upstairs.

"Visitors? Do you know them?" I asked.

"No, but it's a man and a woman," she replied.

"Okay, tell them I'm coming and bring them some refreshments," I instructed.

"Okay, then," she said before leaving.

"Noorie, go bring my hijab from the room," I directed, and she hurried inside.

I unplugged my phone and quickly snapped a picture of Afeena's new hairstyle.

"I'm good at this," I whispered in satisfaction as I admired Afeena's hairstyle.

"Mummy, let me see the pic," Safeeya requested, and I handed her the phone.

"Ma shaa Allah, it looks beautiful," she commented.

"I know, right?" I smiled.

"Mummyyyy!" Afeena whined, attempting to snatch the phone from Safeeya.

"Yes, baby?"

"Yayaaa," she exclaimed, a request to see her cute picture.

"Safeeya, give Afeena the phone; let her see her cute pic," I instructed.

"Mummy, here's your hijab," Noorie said, handing it to me.

"Alright, I'll go attend to our visitors now," I said as I got up.

"I'm going with you; I'm curious to know who visited," Noorie insisted.

"Amebo," Safeeya teased.

"Safeeya, don't call her that" I scolded.

"But it's true," Safeeya muttered, and I gave her a stern look; she mouthed a quick apology.
To avoid making the visitors wait any longer, I quickly donned my hijab, and we descended the stairs. As Saratu had mentioned earlier, there was a lady and a man waiting.

"Good morning," I greeted to announce my presence.

They both got up from the couch. "Ooh, good morning," they chorused with friendly smiles.

"Have a seat, please," I gestured, and they obliged.

I also sat down on the sofa across them, with Noorie beside me and Afeena on my lap. "Hello," Noorie waved at them.

"Hello, dear; you have such beautiful daughters," the lady complimented.

"Thank you so much, but I don't think I recognize you," I said.

"Yes, I am Grace, and this is my husband, Joseph," she introduced.

"Nice to meet you. But are you looking for my husband, Abubakar?" I asked.

"No, we are here for you," she replied.

"We're actually here to talk to you about something important," Joseph added. I had this nagging feeling that I'd seen him before, but I couldn't quite place where.

"Okay, then," I turned to Noorie. "Noorie, take your sister with you and go upstairs," I instructed.

"Okay," she said, taking Afeena's hand, and they walked upstairs.

"I was one of the waiters from your husband's last company's dinner celebration," Joseph explained.

"Oh, yeah, I remember you. You served me champagne on the night of the dinner, right?" I asked, and he nodded.

"I'm surprised you're still alive," he confessed, startling me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my heart racing.

"For the past few days, I haven't been getting enough sleep, and I've been having nightmares because of what I did to you. I was so scared that someone would die because of me; my mind just couldn't be at rest. I did the worst thing a human being could do an--" I cut him off.

"Please, you're scaring me honestly."

"Just tell her, Joseph," Grace urged.

"Tell me what, for God's sake?!" I snapped.

"At the night of the party, someone paid me to poison your drink."

My breath hitched at his words, and I wondered if I'd heard him correctly. "What!"

"I'm really, really sorry. I was paid to poison you. That poison was meant to kill you, but for some reason, you're still alive, and I'm thankful to God for that. Please, find it in your heart to forgive me."

"Forgive you?" I let out a painful chuckle. "I lost my baby because of that poison. How wicked are you? I had a miscarriage because of that stupid poison. Why?!!!" I yelled in anger.

"Please, forgive my husband. He had to do it," Grace pleaded.

"No, and no! You're a lady; you should understand my pain. I blamed myself for losing my baby, you know, but this is pure wickedness! How could you be so heartless?" I asked, trying hard to control myself from erupting.

"I am really sorry. She not only paid me but she threatened me as well, so I had to do it, and you know I had a family to feed."

"Who is she? Tell me the person," I ordered in a calm voice.

"I can't remember her name, but she was a bit tall, extremely fair, and she was wearing a black gown. I think she works with the company too."

"Iman," I whispered, suddenly realizing who was behind this. I had no doubt.

"Yes, I think that was her name," he confirmed.

"Ma'am Asmau, please don't inform the police about this; they will arrest my husband, and what will happen to our kids and me?" Grace pleaded.

"I will think about it," I stated.

"Okay, then. We will get going. Goodbye," they said, standing up and leaving.

I sighed, letting the tears flow freely.

Iman, you've crossed your limits. You've hurt me enough, and it's high time you get a taste of your own medicine.

**

Edited version
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 78 44
She's backkkkk. But this time she has a secret. A huge secret. It's 2 years later and Nyah has finally found peace. She has a new job, a new persona...
4.7K 476 33
Haneef Isa DanLadan and Saleem Idris Yahaya have been bestfriends all their lives, all the challenges you can imagine, they've been through them all...
28.3K 3.9K 47
____•____ In Nigeria, it's known to everybody that each and every family has it own tradition. DAGGASH also has its, which differs from any other fam...
10.3K 2.1K 35
After losing her husband, single mother and customer care agent Aabidah Ali decides to leave the busy and bustling city of Lagos to go back to her ho...