Surrender -Under Re-Write

By Zeri98

2nd book to "You Make it Possible" My eyes quickly scan the yard hoping to meet eyes with who I know for a fa... More

Surrender
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
1 Year Later
The End

9

518 17 1
By Zeri98

"So are you and your family going to the pack event in Alice?" I question.

I hear Danny clear his throat on the other line uncomfortably. I can feel his nerves and I wonder if I shouldn't have even asked.

"It'll just be me. I live alone." He states.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. He lived alone at 19?

"What about your parents? Do they not live here?"

"No"

His tone is cut and short. I guess his parents were a sensitive subject. I wonder why. Instead of pressing I decide to change the subject.

"I uh didn't get to thank you last night by the way." I say awkwardly.

Danny chuckles on the other line. It's refreshing compared to his clipped tone from moments ago.

"You're welcome princess."

"Daniel" I warn.

"Oh come on. I saved you last night. I'm like a knight in shining armor which makes you my princess."

I roll my eyes. He chuckles on the other line and I can't help but feel like he knew I rolled my eyes.

"Your princess huh?" I tease.

"Damn right."

I bite my lip to hide my smile. Although he couldn't see me he would definitely hear it in my voice. The term princess is surprisingly starting to win me over. But he can't know that.

"Whatever I guess." I exaggerate a sigh and he laughs. His deep laugh fills my ears and makes my stomach do flips.

"So how are you going to thank me?" I hear darkly on the other line.

"What do you mean. I just said thank you." I laugh.

"No no. Technically you said you didn't get to thank me. So what are you gonna do to thank me?" He asks again with a suggestive tone.

I squirm a bit in my seated position on my bed and I hear him chuckle lowly on the other end.

"What do you want?" I finally ask.

I swear I know he's smiling that silly cheeky grin he always gives me.

"Hmmm. Let me think."

I hear shuffling on the other line but no noise from him. It's a few seconds before I hear a grunt over the line and then a knock at my window startles me.

I drop my phone and run to the window and sure enough there he is in all his blue eyed glory.

I sigh and shake my head and push open the window for him to step in.

"You're an idiot" I whisper.

Before I can say anything else Danny bends down and scoops me up into his arms by my thighs and wraps them around his waist. I squeal at his sudden movement and grip onto his shoulders tightly.

He drops me onto my back on the bed and hovers over me. He has a sly smirk and a playful glint in his eyes and I can't help but blush at the intense stare.

"What are you doing here?"

"Getting my thank you." He shrugs.

"You didn't even say what you wanted." I deadpan.

Danny smiles and leans in even closer. He nudges his nose against mine and smiles.

"Thought it might be more fun to just show you." He says lowly.

Just as his lips brush mine I hear a knock at the door. Thank god I locked it earlier...

Danny groans lowly and drops his body on top of mine. I make a oof sound from the weight and the door handle jiggles.

"Angie stop locking your fucking door. I'm going out with Hannah tonight did you want to come?" I hear Maya say exasperatedly.

I struggle to breathe under this giant man child that is now snuggling his face into my neck.

"No. I'm good. Gonna start packing." I manage to get out.

"Whatever. Bye!" She calls out. I hear her footsteps descend down the hall and down the steps.

"Daniel you're crushing me." I groan as I shove against his shoulders. He groans against my neck lowly and it sends a shiver up my spine.

"I like it when you call me Daniel" he says as he raises his head from my neck and gives me his classically sexy smirk. Noted.

"Well in that case Daniel. Get the fuck off" I say and shove at his shoulders again.

Daniel grabs my wrists and pins them beside my head. His weight is lightly shifted off of me and I almost pout.

Yeah he was crushing me, but now that I didn't have his warmth I felt weird. Sort of like when you're using a pillow and someone asks to use it and you don't feel as comfortable without it.

When he wasn't around I always had that feeling.

"No. I still want my thank you." He pouts.

"And you still haven't said what it wa-"

Sparks.

That's all I felt when he placed his soft plump lips on mine. It was a gentle kiss. The kind that made your head feel weird and fuzzy. I could feel goosebumps rise all over my body at the gentle touch and I sigh into the kiss from the feeling. It's ridiculously cliché to say that all I felt was sparks but it was the truth. Tiny little sparks against my lips as he moved his with mine.

When he pulled away I felt out of breath. He'd only kissed me gently and yet my heart was beating like I just ran a marathon. How could a person have this much of an affect on me?

"You're welcome." He says.

I give him a confused expression and he smiles brightly.

"That's what I wanted as a thank you. So you're welcome." He says as he leans in closer and places another soft peck to my lips.

"We shouldn't be doing this." I say quietly "We'll get caught this way."

Daniel sighs and removes himself from me. He sits on the edge of my bed facing me. I sit up from my previous position and lean my back against the headboard.

"I know it's only been a week but I'm already tired of hiding. You're my mate Angelique. Maybe this is easy for you but I'm losing my mind here."

"It's not easy for me either."

"Then tell your sister. Tell your family. I don't wanna hide anymore." He says sadly. I could feel a pain in my chest that I know stemmed from him. Once again guilt takes over and I look away from his pleading eyes.

Neither of us says anything, but I can feel the tension between us now.

"I should go" he says getting up from the bed.

"Wait. Daniel" I say following in suit. He turns and gives me a hopeful look. "Just. Please stay." I beg.

Daniel sighs and looks everywhere but my own eyes. "I still have to pack. I'll see you in Alice." He says giving me a quick glance before disappearing out of the window.

I hear a car in the distance start and the sound fade down the street.

My chest ached for him. I didn't want him to go but I didn't have the balls to tell my sister the truth.

I don't deserve him. I don't deserve a mate like him. God I'm such an idiot.

"Damnit" I whisper to myself as I pace the room.

I hate myself for how much I was hurting him.

I grab my phone off the ground and send him a text.

Me: Daniel I'm really sorry. I just need time. I want to give Maya time. She's more hurt than she puts off and I don't want to make it worse.

I knew he wouldn't respond for a while since he was driving, but when 3 hours had passed and it was already passed midnight I knew I probably wouldn't get a response.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6M 318K 34
"Will you be mine?" he asked me in a husky voice. I stared at him apprehensively for a moment, thinking over his proposal carefully before finally se...
99.3K 2.8K 49
(Highest ranking #1 in lust 💗💗💗) A man walked towards my mate as he called out to her. "Who's that" I whispered. "Oh that ..... that would be my h...
588K 15.5K 16
Sky Summers is the daughter of Damon and Dana Summers, Alpha and Lunar of the Blue Moon Pack.She is a smarty, sporty girl that goes to White Waters H...
8.6K 337 27
"Can you shift?" His voice was notably softer. I was grateful for it. As best as I could, I shook my head. The lingering dizziness rang through my he...