THOSE SUMMER NIGHTS

Autorstwa writeryournai

Eden's promised herself that this summer was going to be memorable. She wasn't going to stay at home and wait... Więcej

𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘
𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗔𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗦
𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗧
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]

[5]

7.7K 170 246
Autorstwa writeryournai

[5]

- EDEN -

-

I CLIMBED INTO the car with Leah and Julia and buckled in. I frowned, getting into the backseat.

"I hate the backseat," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

Leah turned to me and smirked, "First come, first serve."

I rolled my eyes, "You guys always pick me up last!"

Julia giggled in the front seat. A soft smile made its way to my lips as I sat down comfortably in my seat. I pushed my hair back off of my face and slipped my sunglasses on, enjoying the warm summer air.

I breathed in a sigh of content as 'Double Take' by Dhruv started playing in the car. I closed my eyes, the same smile on my lips. This is why I looked forward to summer.

"Boy, you got me hooked on to something," I sang to myself, my hands in my hair and my eyes still closed.

My thoughts wandered to all the little things I wanted to do this summer. All the places we'd visit, the drinks we'd drink, the people we'd meet. I opened my eyes.

"Spend the summer of a lifetime with me," I continued to sing, my hand over my heart and my other reaching out to the sky.

"Let me take you to the place of your dreams," I said, resting my head back again. I eventually looked up once the song ended, looking at Julia and Leah. They were quiet. Julia turned, staring at me with Leah peeking at me from the rearview mirror.

"What?" I asked, an embarrassed smile on my face. Julia turned to Leah and frowned.

"Could she always sing like that?" She asked, a shocked smile on her face.

Leah shook her head, glancing at me from the mirror, "You have the voice of an angel. What the fuck, Eden?"

A blush crept up my face as I looked outside of the car to the glittering water of the lake we were passing by. I turned to them.

"But your voice was always mediocre when you sang with us, no offense," Leah said.

I smiled a little, "None taken, I've never really tried to sing. It's just this song that makes me feel things, it's different."

Julia nodded, a sly smile appearing on her face, "Well, we're going to start you a cover channel as soon as we get home."

My eyes widened, "No, no! I'm not that good, believe me."

Julia gave me a bored look. Julia piped in from the driver's seat, "Not arguments, babe. If you're going to get famous, we need to be there for you."

A smile made its way to my lips as I rolled my eyes, "You guys are mean."

"Oh, you love us," Julia said.

I smiled. I really did.

-

We arrived at the store that we needed to go to, which was in the next town over. I climbed out of the car after Leah and Julia got out, looking up at the store. My eyes widened.

The store didn't look like your average supermarket. It was tall and shiny. The doors were made of glass, the ceilings looked high, and I could see the pristine tiled floors from out here.

"Can we afford this place?" I asked.

Leah giggled, "Of course, we'll be fine."

I nodded, following Leah and Julia into the store. The double doors slid open, blasting the AC into our faces, letting us in.

I looked around, nodding in approval. This place looked more like a retail store than a grocery store. I turned to Julia, my eyes widening, her face mirroring mine.

We were both surprised.

"Is this where rich people go shopping for toilet paper and... plungers?" She asked.

I shook my head, a smile on my lips, "No, they go to the Gucci store for that. They come here for bananas and tomatoes."

She giggled as I dragged her deeper into the store, following Leah's lead. We wandered past the aisles and stopped in front of the refrigerator. I stared at the tall glass door in front of all the jugs of juices and drinks. I marveled at all the flavors and colors packaged into the little bottles.

"Which one is it?" I asked.

They had so many bottles, brands, and flavors it gave me a headache looking at them. There was Honey and Ginger, Basil and Strawberries, Peach and Orange, Honey and Lemon, Pineapple and coconut, and many, many more.

"What if we ask? Someone who works here probably knows which one it is..." Leah said, turning around, looking down an aisle for an employee to help us.

Her face brightened as she walked down an aisle, probably talking to someone who worked here. Julia and I waited, looking up when she finally arrived with a guy trailing right behind her.

My eyes widened as I took in his features. To say he was beautiful, was by far an understatement. He was tall, much taller than any of us, standing a little of six feet. He had dark brown hair and striking blue-green eyes that matched his face almost perfectly. I couldn't help but stare.

"So which one was it?" Leah asked, bouncing on the balls of her feet. I watched as he walked past Leah and stood right next to me, looking into the refrigerator.

I felt my face relax as I inhaled his cologne that wafted around me. It smelled soft and rich, not strong and Axe-y like the ones every other guy wears. I brushed my hair back nervously and watched his hand grip the handle.

I stood up straighter as I watched his grip on the handle get tighter, his knuckles turning white. I felt my mouth salivate at the sight of his veiny arms and hands. He then turned and looked at me, a smirk on his lips. My eyes widened and I took a tentative step back.

He winked at me then turned his face to Leah.

"Which flavors did you want?" He asked.

My eyes widened once more at the sound of his voice. If I wasn't so embarrassed and on edge, I would've melted into a puddle right then and there.

"I could pick any one of these?" Leah asked, gesturing to the whole section of the refrigerator. He shook his head.

"The ones you want are on this shelf," He said, pointing at the top shelf.

She nodded, turning to me, "Eden, which flavor should we get?"

My eyes widened again as I frowned. Why'd she ask me when Julia could've answered that question. I turned around to see where Julia was and frowned as I saw her staring at the shelves of skincare products. I turned back around.

Leah and the guy's eyes were both on me and I felt my cheeks flush pink, "Uh, I don't know."

The guy piped in, "The strawberry ones are great, taste like..."

I watched as his eyes ran up and down my body, stopping at my lips. I felt my cheeks turn red and my stomach churn in anticipation. His eyes then snapped to mine, a slow smirk forming on his lips.

"They taste great," He said, snapping back into focus.

Leah nodded, "Fine, we'll take 9 of the Strawberry ones, 5 of the Mint Lemon, 4 of the Honey and lemon, and 3 Pineapple and coconut ones."

He nodded, his eyes lingering on me for a moment before he turned to the refrigerator and reached up, grabbing the drinks and putting them in the basket on the floor. My eyes fell to his shirt that would ride up, revealing his smooth, mouth-watering abs. I blinked, looking away when I caught his eyes through the mirror by the fridge.

I decided to turn around and walk over to Julia. She was sniffing a bottle of moisturizer, I leaned next to her, watching her.

She peeked up at me and frowned, "What's wrong?"

"Huh? What? Nothing's wrong," I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

She gave me a blank look, "You always scrunch your nose like that when something's bothering you."

"No, I don't," I said, touching my nose, lightly.

She rolled her eyes, a smile on her lips, "Spill, E."

"Nothing, it's just that guy over there's really hot," I said, sighing. "It was so awkward."

She giggled, shaking her head, "Ask him for his number or something."

I shook my head, "Nope, I'll admire from right over here."

She shook her head, laughing lightly, "Whatever you say."

Before she could say something else, I remembered that I needed tampons. I ran out of some and I needed some for the trip next week.

"I forget to buy tampons," I said.

Julia put the stuff in her hands down, "Well, let's go look for some."

We walked around the aisles and all over the store, but couldn't find any. It wasn't even under "Women's Hygiene".

"What the heck?" I said as we walked back to where Leah was. She was still talking to that guy. He was standing over her and showing her something on her phone.

"We could ask," Julia said.

I shook my head, "Nope, nope. No."

She rolled her eyes, "He probably already knows you have your period. It's not something to be embarrassed about."

I frowned, "No, he'll do that weird smirking thing."

She rolled her eyes and shoved me towards them. They both picked their heads up and looked at me, questioningly.

Leah frowned, "What's wrong, E?"

"Oh, um- I was just- Do you know-" I stuttered like a complete mess in front of him. He gave me a questioning look, a look I couldn't decipher on his face.

"Fuck," I whispered under my breath. I took in a deep breath and decided to just say it.

"Do you know where the tampons are?" I said, quickly.

I watched the same smirk make its way to his face and I wanted to kick myself in the face. I watched him ball his hands into fists and release them.

"Sure, thing." He then turned to Leah, "You have everything you need?"

She nodded, "Thank you so much,"

He nodded and walked over to me, gesturing for me to follow him. I peeked back at Leah and watched as she smirked as she waved at me. I frowned and followed him.

As he walked in front of me, I stared as the muscles on his back moved underneath his shirt. My eyes fell lower and I nodded in approval. I realized what I was thinking and snapped my eyes away from him and focused on the tiles on the floor.

I wasn't realizing where exactly I was going and accidentally bumped into him. I stepped away from him, my cheeks tinted red, muttering an "I'm sorry."

He frowned at me and pointed in front of him. I stared at the shelf full of different types of tampons, pads, and other menstrual hygiene products.

I was about to move to pick one up, but he said something first.

"Do you know which one you're looking for?" He asked.

I frowned and snapped my eyes at him. He wasn't smirking, but he had a frown on his face too. I took in a deep breath and grabbed the package off the shelf.

"Thank you," I grumbled and stomped away, back to Leah and Julia.

As I walked back to Leah and Julia, I decided that he was a jerk and he could rot in the depths of hell. I stormed past Leah and Julia, making my way to the cashier. Why was I being so dramatic? I had no clue.

"E, what's wrong?" Julia asked, catching up with me. Leah on her heels, lugging the basket with her.

"Nothing," I snapped, "Let's go."

I sighed as I saw him from the corner of my eye helping a lady by the produce section. I don't know why, but I wanted to walk up to him and watch him do anything and everything.

-

A/N: Yay, another chapter !! I hope you guys liked it and ooh we're finally moving with the plot !! YUP, statistics, yup, statistics yup yup !! MISS LAWTON- anyways, ignore me.

What'd you guys think of this chapter? Liked it or nah ?? Love you all and wish you the best mwah mwah !! Also, check out my book 'just a child', I'm publishing it for real next year (well, that's what i hope!!)

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

512K 26.5K 49
(Complete) When popular Indie Adams gets paired with a boy she's never looked twice at for a photography project, she begins to see herself and her s...
104K 5.9K 32
Lafayette was the school's only out kid. Then Eden came along. Fay was all confidence, known for his flawless acting and effeminate clothing. He didn...
14.5K 494 52
Apollo Quinn wants nothing to do with Nicolas Young. While 5 years ago, the two had been best friends, nowadays they live across the country from one...
2.3K 170 20
Skipper and his friends are heading on a trip for the summer. Skipper never knew friendship or relationships could be so hard. And he has to make a d...