Chance of a Lifetime ✰ AOT x...

Av ackerm4nz

[CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. FOLLOWS THE MANGA. STARTS AROUND SEASON 4.] "Welcome to the... Mer

CH. ONE | A Warrior
CH. TWO | Faith
CH. THREE | United With You
CH. FOUR | When We Meet
CH. FIVE | Confessions
CH. SIX | Their Goodbyes
CH. SEVEN | My Truth
CH. EIGHT | Their Side of the Sea
CH. NINE | Brave Volunteers
CH. TEN | One Truth and a Lie
CH. ELEVEN | Heaven and Earth
CH. TWELVE | Welcome, Rina
CH. FOURTEEN | What Gets You Hurt
CH. FIFTEEN | New Alliances
CH. SIXTEEN | Return to Salvation
CH. SEVENTEEN | Home Lies Ahead

CH. THIRTEEN | With Grace

2.4K 84 192
Av ackerm4nz

               "I AM RINA ELISE FRITZ. The holder and key to the Founding Titan." the sudden prisoner spoke while everyone continued to stare at her in suspicion. Y/N looked at her with a glare, strengthening her grip a bit more on the females hair.

It wasn't out of the ordinary for something of the sort to happen. With each ship that came, there were always those passengers willing to lie their way out in order to redeem freedom. This here though, was new.

No one ever mentioned the Founding Titan when being taken prisoner. The two had noticed that, but also realized it could be just another bluff.

Levi who stood next to both girls raised an eyebrow with question. "Don't let her out of your sight." he spoke quietly within range before walking off. Y/N scoffed, bending down and harshly grabbing the girl by her face.

"And I'm Y/N, creator of the world." she joked, letting go of her face and stepping off of her chained hands. Y/N rolled her eyes in annoyance before pulling her up by the hair. Rina held an expression of pain and sincerity which Y/N completely ignored.

"Lying about your occupation won't get you out of being prisoner, 'Rina' if that's actually what your name is." Y/N informed, dragging Rina to the closest empty tent. "I don't like to play around with the filth of Marley."

Rina looked at Y/N with a hint of admiration. The two being from the same place, and Y/N being a popular Eldian amongst the Marleyan army meant that she was well talked about.

She had dreamt of being in same position of power as Y/N. An Honorary Marleyan without being a Titan shifter. That was a high honor, having the same strength as those with the Power of the Titans.

"So you're the one Marley worshipped.." Rina's low voice cracked through slight hisses of agony, along with a giggle of excitement. "The one weapon they couldn't expect to lose. Everyone thinks you're dead, Miss Y/N L/N. Yet here you are, thriving with your own people. It must feel nice."

Y/N's expression stood stoic, not caring about anything Rina had to say. She knew better than to give into such little taunting. After all, she lived on grounds where there was nothing but taunts thrown at her.

"I finally come face to face with you after all this time, though it isn't the way I hoped it'd be. I still have to deliver this message from him to-"

Rina wasn't even able to finish her sentence before Y/N swiped at her ankle sending her to the floor. She straddled her waist, holding her blade against the females throat about to break through the skin.

"Finish your sentence. I dare you to." she spoke through grit teeth. Her aura reeked of anger, having being mentioned about him.

It didn't take her long to know who 'he' was. For a fact, those around her knew not to mention him. She hadn't gone into much detail talking about who he was to her comrades, or what he had done. Just that he was an ex-friend who she was desperately trying to forget.

Rina smirked slightly to herself, leaning towards Y/N a bit closer. She wanted crack through this thick shell placed on her heart, protecting it from whatever lie ahead. "He still believes you're alive, only being kept here and tortured against your will. Oh how you should've seen his face when they said the boat wouldn't return, along with you. He still believes it was his fault for allowing you to come here. If you ever see him again, it would be best to go along and give him a hug. For support, of course."

Y/N softened her grip around the girls collar, her eyes hiding expressions of guilt and somewhat grief. But she knew her duties and what Marley would've done if she did end up returning.

It wasn't like her to allow emotions before duty. Whenever it came down to either being a soldier or someone with nothing but a crush, she chose the path more important to her. It felt different this time. Being away from him on her own free will felt wrong but in the right way.

There was no one way to know if he would approve or disapprove, even knowing about what was to happen to her. She had good reasoning, but was this really the right choice? It was up to one's opinion, determining whether or not what she had done was correct.

Just as she was about to speak again, Levi showed up with Hange right by his side. They took one glimpse of the girls and immediately sweatdropped. From one's perspective you could've thought of something well... different than just a one sided fight about to break out.

"Y/N. Off of her." Levi ordered, watching the scene play out while Hange adjusted her glasses. Y/N huffed under her breath, hopping off of Rina and grabbing her arms to stand up.

"Well then.. I suppose I should get the interrogation started while you go cool down, Y/N. You will be able to join us once you're ready." Hange interfered, signaling another nearby Scout to take Rina before something else could happen. "Don't worry. I'll take great care of her until you arrive."

Y/N glared at Rina harshly while she held a grim smile, walking away into a separate tent with Hange. Levi stood behind with her, looking off into the distance.

"So what happened that made you end up on top of a prisoner. Specifically this one?" He questioned, changing his attention from the horizon to Y/N. She thought for a moment then sighed.

"She told me something that set me off. It was something personal about my home. Nothing important that has any value to us, nor me myself. It would be best to forget about it." She responded, dusting off her cape and taking a deep breath.

Levi didn't seem to buy her excuse but brushed it off. "If it wasn't important, you wouldn't have reacted in such a way. Besides the point, we're interrogating her in order to find out what exactly she knows on the scarce bloodline. Hange believes she could be telling the truth."

"Why is she so intent on believing her? This girl came out of no where with information that I'm sure is accessible to any military informant for Marley." Y/N claimed crossing her arms. She knew that if you worked for the military, you were allowed access to tons of files. All of the dirty secrets lying within some of the soldiers could be dug out too.

"This is the only person who has come forward with such knowledge. We can't afford to turn them down just once. It would be best to figure out what she knows. She even said it herself, that monkey son of a bitch sent her here for a reason." Levi spoke in annoyance, even just mentioning Zeke.

Y/N had heard about what happened with the two. Levi kicking Zeke's ass without breaking a sweat. She held back a giggle at his expression, clearing her throat to stay composed.

"Well then.." Y/N fixed her gear straps to her liking. "Why don't we get moving?" She was about to walk off before Levi extended an arm in front of her, preventing her from moving any farther. She looked at him with nothing but an expression of confusion, only wanting to hurry and get going.

"On a different note, I am still being serious about taking into consideration that Armin had no choice but to eat your friend for survival. He was their friend too for a little while until the truth was revealed."

"If you are going to blame anyone, blame me all you would like. But before you think about rejoining with my squad after that outburst earlier, talk to Armin. You might have just jeopardized your only close friendship." He scolded. "Think about it before you are ready to join us in the Commanders tent."

Finishing his lecture, Levi ran a hand through his hair and fixed the cape covering his shoulders before walking off. Y/N just stared at the floor, slumping her shoulders in defeat.

What he said wasn't a lie either. She lashed out from emotion, only caring that one of her friends was gone not realizing what he had put this poor island through. She only needed that leverage to let go of everything she was holding back. This caused to her somewhat ruin a perfectly healthy friendship with the only person willing to talk to her.

"I guess I could talk to him later..." she murmured to herself, growing lost in thought and tracing back her words from earlier. 'Damn. I said some pretty harsh things. Seriously though. I really hope I didn't ruin any ties I had between him and I.'

Exhaling harshly she fixed her cape as well and walked off to the Commanders tent.

----------

"In places of the world, there are always people who separate humans, animals, and Eldians into their own category. Eldians will always stay below the human race even as humans. For they are not considered to be human, only Titans who produce no good for the world. Their long reign of ruining families, sending races to extinction put a barrier on their souls to stay trapped forever within the walls. Paradis is hated amongst many, and their wrath could be seen by the production of pure Titans being sent to this here island."

"I believe it is wrong to continue pushing such ideologies on to people with free will, spreading propaganda that only submits those into a brainwashing period of their life. Inciting fear into you all with Titans only feeds into Marley and the worlds greed for revenge against the Eldian race. You all suffered immense amount of pain for the mistakes of our ancestors. Losing those you love due to what Marley had the Warriors do. No one deserves to go through that anymore, and I wish to put a stop to it all."

"This Island contains the Founding Titan. The coordinate where all Eldians meet. In order to activate the coordinate, you must be in contact of Royal blood, along with another of equal given power. Zeke has told me about his plans after scavenging out to find me as I am the last of my family. The only reason I am the holder of the last and final key, is because of my last name."

"I gain the last name Fritz from the noble clan close to the Royal family of the old Eldian age. My clan is not Royal in anyway, but the only noble family residing within the monarchy. They hold the title of noble due to laws created by King Fritz himself."

"Ymir Fritz gave the power of activating the Founding Titan to my clan, after allowing trust to be built between the two families. Both the Royal and noble families had a personal guard... the L/N's who were hidden away within the kingdom to protect the Founding Titan after Ymir inherited it."

Y/N, who stood in the corner of the room held an expression of slight shock as her eyes widened. The books that Eren's father had written did mention that of a noble bloodline her family was told to protect, but she had never thought the only heir to that bloodline would come seeking for her and the coordinate by themself.

Rina looked at Y/N with a gentle smirk, rubbing at the skin of her heavily bruised wrists. "So that means, Y/N now has the job of protecting both Eren and you?" Hange asked with a puzzled look. Rina gave a slight nod.

"The L/N bloodline was a very famous bloodline driven to excellence. King Fritz chose them personally to take on the task of protecting his family and mine since both were very important to the kingdom. Keeping us both together under supervision of Y/N would be well worth."

Hange looked at Rina eager to hear more. Levi to the side of her scoffed and crossed his arms. "I'd rather have the two separated." He spoke, eyeing Rina eerily. "The other Ackerman won't leave Eren's side so we might as well just keep her with him, and leave Rina with Y/N. It also works out in a certain way. Y/N and Rina are both from Marley, allowing them to connect on a different scale."

Y/N had given Levi the biggest death stare she could even muster. She didn't want to be stuck with Rina really, not caring about what she had to say about back home. In her eyes, Rina can't be trusted as of right now.

"Though I do understand that Rina would more likely be under supervision of me for a moment while I undergo the reports for her, I suppose we can keep it like that." Hange nodded in agreement.

"It'll have to be this way until I'm able to gather with the Premier and Queen for her court date. We can head back to the walls at dawn, the same way we did for Y/N. This'll be some interesting news."

Y/N was about to protest the idea before being interrupted by the slight claps coming from Rina. "That would be amazing." she spoke with a smile. "I've always looked up to Y/N here as one of my mentors from Marley, eager to gain the same strength she has. It would be my honor to learn from her once again. If she's alright with it of course."

Her glare shot daggers right through Rina's soul as she still held that sickening smile. It took everything she had not to wipe it off with just a slap.

"Oh, I'd be happy to." Y/N spoke sarcastically, "Our first lesson together'll be hand to hand combat. We'll see just how much pride you have, Rina."

Both girls continued to stare at eachother like they could easily snap one another's neck. Hange internally facepalmed before standing up, knocking both of them out of their staring contest. "Alright then. It's settled. Y/N, you are now Rina's personal escort for her time here. With that comes responsibility and I don't want you acting rash."

Y/N looked at Hange with a blank expression, listening to all the terms and conditions she needed to know just to care of some brat. "Okay okay I get it. She's a guest and guests deserve the uttermost respect. We'll see how well this goes."

"Thank you for understanding." She smiled, pushing her chair away from the table and walking to the exit. "Remember, we leave a little after dawn. Rina, we will have another chat later, though I hope you know how to ride a horse since all the carriages are back at the walls. Bye bye now!!"

Rina's smug look dropped into one of disappointment as she pushed away from the table, watching Hange leave her alone with only Levi and Y/N.

"Y/N." Levi called for her. She perked her head up, humming in response. "Get Miss Fritz here changed. You know where it's all at. Meet with our squad once you are done." With his last order, he left the tent.

The tension in the air was much more thick than before. Y/N still sat in the corner with her arms crossed, while Rina stood still by the table not daring to make a sudden move.

Moving away from where she stood, Y/N walked to the doorway, opening the flap of the tent quietly. "Let's go." she said suddenly, scaring Rina a bit. "We don't have all day to just sit here and sulk. Try anything funny and I'll be sure you won't leave this cove with a single bone intact."

Rina swallowed all the pride she had left and walked to the tent exit, the misty ocean air hitting her tan skin.

Most would say Rina was a girl with stubborn traits that could be compared to those of Eren's if you had looked at the two. She had the somewhat same pure green eyes that told stories. The three scars on her right cheek from an incident that happened when she was little. Her determination is what set her mind to a goal, and the goal had to be met in order for her to keep going.

She was also a master of manipulation, just like Y/N. Using that gorgeous smile of hers to lure anyone into a sudden trap, only to receive what she wants. She grew up like an ordinary girl in the internment zone. Taunted on the daily, only ever dreaming of when she was able to finally leave. From a young age, Rina had always taken a fascination in the military.

She enjoyed the thought of fighting what was right, against those who rebelled such a great country like Marley. She shared such a similar backstory with Y/N, giving all she had for the victory of war. Rina admired the work of the Warriors, including Y/N.

Rina admired Y/N more than the Warriors actually. She had known every scale factor of Y/N's combat moves, how she calculated them in her head and what her next strike would be. She noticed how well she worked with the other candidates, dreaming to be in that exact place alongside her when the time was right.

It wasn't hard to say that Rina was most likely obsessed with the fact that she was in close proximity of Y/N. Even with all the previous actions, and the loathe you can feel emitting from Y/N herself wasn't enough to falter Rina one bit, not even tearing at her sanity.

Rina was never attracted to males, her eyes only ever being set on the girls around her. Her first possible crush was a girl from school, who ended up rejecting her on sight. But once she had her attention fixed on Y/N, she was in it for the long run.

Rina eventually joined the Warrior unit as a guard just to learn everything about Y/N. You call it overly obsessive, she calls it 'soulmates in the work'.

Walking silently to a different tent, Rina held her head low as a gracious smile flushed her lips. The sound of waves brushing against the gentle rocks, eroding away at their thick skin was all that could be heard. The other scouts were asleep in their respected areas, and occasional snoring could be heard.

It was very early morning, Y/N assumed it to be at most one, not bothering to look at her pocket watch. The two eventually reached the clothing tent, walking in to be met with crates filled with scouts uniforms and cloaks.

"Alright then," Y/N finally broke the uncomfortable silence. "All the clothes you want and or need are here. Based on your size in my view you're most likely going to find the best fit back in the very left corner. I'll be outside if you need anything."

Rina gave a slight nod of understanding, still holding her smile. Y/N sighed and stepped out of the tent, waiting patiently on a nearby stool.

Keeping this alone time to herself, she spent most of it overthinking. There was a lot on her mind as of right now. Most of it consist of things that were absolutely useless, like what types of flowers could she find later throughout the day. Others were her faults. Lashing out at Armin was still on her mind. She felt that he would hold it against her, ruining their friendship for good.

Her thoughts engraved themself into her emotions, driving her to act of out spite. She didn't intentionally want to act so out of character like that, possibly scaring him away from her.

Picking at the skin of her fingernails, she observed the small cut on her hand from throwing her previous ODM blade. It was a slight abrasion, not too deep enough to require any real attention. The only think that really freaked her out was the spark that shot out of it when Armin transformed. She waved it off as a random electric current floating through the air but that didn't seem... logical.

Still lost in her own world, Rina had finished changing and stepped out the tent, adjusting the collar of her blouse to her personal liking. Y/N became startled at the sound of shuffling behind her, quickly becoming defensive. Hopping off of her stool and into a fighting stance, she relaxed after seeing that it was just Rina holding her hands up defensively as well.

Rina wasn't wearing the regular scouts uniform, in turn she wore basically an all black outfit. Y/N gave her a puzzled look and Rina just giggled at her reaction.

"I'm not one for formal attire." she said, tying her hair up. "Plus, those straps look really uncomfortable. I'd much rather deal with my problems in a style that makes me feel nice."

Y/N sighed in annoyment at her excuse, starting to walk off towards her own sleeping quarters. Rina followed her, jogging up a little bit just to keep up with the pace.

"Rina." Y/N called out to her, in which Rina slightly blushed. "Yes?" She responded, running up to Y/N's side. Y/N sighed again, her attention focused at the floor.

"What did he say.. to you.. that you needed to tell me?"

Rina gave a confused look before snapping back into realization. "Oh.." her voice trailed off before she giggled in defeat. "He didn't really say anything too important, just wishing that you would know he and everyone else are back at home waiting for your return."

"That's all?" She asked, slightly raising her eyebrow in question.

Rina continued to think before responding. "Oh! Another thing he did say was he still had that sort of bracelet kept, and will continue holding onto it until his eyes meet yours again."

Y/N stopped in place, clutching at the collar of her cape. The necklace that she had worn and kept hidden from everyone stood strong in the tight grip of her hand.

In Marley, during her candidate days with everyone back in the internment zone, they were allowed out of the training camp for a day off which brought her and her friend group to a street market. Skimming through all the shops was tiring until one specific jewelry shop caught her eye.

Y/N ran to the shop, eyeing all the precious jewelry inside until a necklace she saw was the one she fell in love with.

It was a silver single diamond necklace in the shape of a heart, lined with small rubies along the holder. It came with a matching bracelet, only this time instead of a heart, it was an arrow signaling cupids arrow.

Realizing she forgot her money pouch back in her sleeping quarters, she slumped her shoulders and walked off sulking to herself.

Little did she know, a certain someone was watching.

Reiner who observed from the stall next to the one Y/N was in ended up actually buying the necklace for her. It was a gift the day they all went to the beach. He gave her the necklace, keeping the bracelet for himself. It was symbol of their close friendship, holding eachother by their hearts which meant forever.

Her emotions became nothing but guilt, just wishing it didn't have to be the way it was. In all honesty, if she could go back home without having a problem on her hands, she would. Only to become wrapped up in his arms counting down the days without worry. The scenarios she continuously played out in her head just wishing to come true.

'I just wish this all would end. But in my own eyes, I will continue fighting for him.' she thought to herself, feeling at the precious diamond on her necklace. 'It will all be.. for him. There's no point in trying to forget him anyways.'

Shaking away the unwavering pain splitting through her heart, she sighed heavily under her breath, continuing her walk to her sleeping tent. Rina just stared at her with question but didn't bring it up out of personal privacy.

Y/N then realized she forgot to meet with Levi and the squad halfway into the walk. Cursing under her breath she turned around and started to speed walk back to the cove, Rina practically running right behind her.

Everyone was most likely in the rock area of the cove, moving crates from the ship onto wagons. Late at night duties were always present, sometimes they wouldn't be able to sleep at all.

Jogging her way up, she spotted Levi with the others and started to sprint leaving Rina in a shaken up state. Arriving later than expected, Levi gave her that infamous glare, looking behind her for another presence.

"Where's Rina?" he questioned, crossing his arms. Y/N scratched the back of her neck, turning around to see Rina hurrying as best as she could to where everyone had stood. Catching up with Y/N and holding onto her shoulder for dear life while panting, Rina huffed for air. "Geez.." she coughed. "How do you... run.. so damn... fast.."

Y/N brushed her hand off, giving her attention to Levi who shook his head negatively. "Now that we're all here, I want to introduce you all to your new squad member, Rina Fritz."

Rina gave a slight nod along with a gentle smile. Y/N rolled her eyes and looked away huffing under her breath. The others waved back at her, giving a smile in return.

Then once again, the same whispers that were spread around when Y/N arrived then happened again.

Levi ended up hushing everyone down with a single motion then continued his welcome. "She will be with Y/N at all times, so if you want to find her, just find Y/N." he said, side eyeing Y/N and looking for a reaction.

Rina butt into the conversation, springing up the question that made Y/N end up with an irk mark on her forehead. "Now, which one of you is E-" she wasn't even able to finish the sentence before Y/N covered her mouth and pulled her away.

"Sorry about that." she apologized, laughing uncomfortably. "Rina here is just a little tired. We'll get going now. If you guys wish to talk to her, please do so in the morning when we arrive in Trost."

Saying goodnight to the others, Y/N dragged Rina all the way to her sleeping tent. Rina was about to protest before Y/N shut her up in advance.

"You don't need to know who Eren is as of right now." she lectured glaring harshly. "Once we find out what we are to do of you, you are to not speak to Eren. That is my order. If you break it, may only Ymir know what happens to you."

Rina gulped at Y/N's once again rash reaction, dropping her gaze to the floor in guilt. "I'm sorry." She apologized. "It won't happen again."

"Now." Y/N started to change the subject. "Get some sleep. I'll go grab another sleeping bag for myself. Pull anything funny and I'll have you scared straight."

Rina nodded in acknowledgment, opening the tent and stepping inside which left Y/N out in the open. She slumped her shoulders, clutching onto her necklace once again for comfort. The grooves of the diamond feeding into her nostalgia and eagerness to feel that once again blossoming connection.

Y/N knew this would be a long and irritating journey. Just from the looks of it, it would be one where she wouldn't get a break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Birds chirped throughout the morning as the sun rays woke the people of Paradis. Those who had morning duties attended to them, while others who wished to sleep in continued. The scouts had woken up early, participating in their usual morning activities.

Levi and his squad were awake earlier than everyone else, ready for a special ride all the way to Trost district due to a court date for the one and only Rina Elise.

Rina, who had never ridden a horse in her life had a little bit of trouble which caused her to ride along with Y/N. Y/N wasn't all in favor of this but had no actual choice and needed to comply. It was long and exhausting, considering that Rina wouldn't stop squeezing Y/N's abdomen from fright.

Arriving at the same building for interrogation, the one where Y/N was chained from head to toe brought back memories of when she first arrived. The nonstop looks of suspicion and question. To this day, she would still receive some of the same looks.

Hange arrived earlier before the others, debriefing the Premier and Queen on Rina's motives and personal information. She welcomed the squad with open arms and a bright smile, a couple of MP's following behind.

"Welcome welcome my dear comrades and guest!" Her cheerful voice sounded as everyone groaned in response from being woken up so early. Hange gave a pout then brushed it off.

"As I regret to inform you, not all of you guys will be allowed to join us in the court hall. It may only be Y/N, Captain Levi, Eren, and myself allowed." she announced. Y/N visibly stiffened in place while Rina looked around, eager to see who exactly Eren was.

Eren showed no reaction, but Mikasa directly to his side had her eyes wide as they could go. She wasn't one to really let him go on alone to something, let alone this with some stranger from Marley.

She only trusted Y/N after realizing she had to do it as a moral duty.

"So if you would all like to take this time and explore around the city please feel free to. We don't plan on being long." She said, shooing everyone away leaving only the people she called for.

This gave the chance for Rina finally being able to see who Eren was. Even getting a glimpse of him put a smile on her face. She knew they would get along well.

"Alrighty then you all, let's get started shall we?"

----------

"According to these reports, Rina Elise Fritz, a candidate from Marley is one of the universal Fritz bloodline which contains a key to the Founding Titan's possessor?" Premier Zackly spoke, reading across a paper Hange had handed to them.

Currently, heads of government officials along with the Queen were all in a courtroom discussing the issue with Rina's arrival.

"That is true sir. Given the strict knowledge she has provided to us, I have no other choice rather than to believe her." Hange responded, standing up from her seat. "The Beast Titan, Zeke Jaeger has sent her to us for the Founding Titan's use. She had claimed this herself."

"It's best we keep the two separated. The rumbling could start by keeping these two in close proximity of eachother and it would be the end of the human race on this Island." an MP spoke up, catching the attention of Y/N who scoffed under her breath.

Ever since her time here, she's noticed that MP's were the ones who talked the most shit. They were even willing to get rid of her.

"We've already considered that possibility." Hange stated, signaling to the group of four sitting behind her. "Y/N has been keeping supervision of Rina since her arrival. Under her rules, Rina is sure to not disobey considering she knows what might happen to her if so."

"Isn't Y/N another from Marley?" another MP asked, glaring at Y/N from his side of the room. Y/N returned his glare with equal strength, her eyes piercing right through him.

"She is. I remember her thoroughly."

"What is with all these Marleyan's coming to Paradis willing to become allies? Don't they want to see the end of the Eldian race?"

"It seems a little suspicious to me."

"We should kill them all is what I say!"

"Yeah! Hang them by the throats!"

Y/N had enough of the foolishness and quickly stood her ground.  "It would be easier for us to figure out the reason for more infiltrators coming here. But since you pigs can't stop running your mouths we'll never get to hear it. What do you need? An apple for your gag? A damn skewer up your ass? Just shut your traps already before I do it for you. There are people here trying to listen but they can't with all the gibberish emitting from your shithole."

Everyone looked at her in disbelief while she kept her stoic face. She was getting sick of everyone running their mouths not even trying to listen to the matter at hand.

"As I was saying.." Hange continued. "The two are separated with a guard by their side. Eren is with Mikasa Ackerman, while Rina is with Y/N. We are taking the proper precautions."

"And is Miss Y/N here abiding to her promise of protection to the Founding Titan? As I remember clearly that is what brought her here in the first place." Premier Zackly asked, setting down his papers.

Y/N sighed to herself. "I am fully aware of my duty to protect the Founding Titan. But my bloodline is also the protector of the Fritz clan, your honor. If I must keep the distance between both for matters considering our lives, I wouldn't mind handing my duty over to Mikasa Ackerman. She is one to be trusted, and I have given my word."

The Premier nodded at her response, leaning back in his chair. "Then it is settled. Rina Elise, I give you a warm welcome to Paradis. Miss Y/N L/N, continue to stay by her side as you now have full responsibility over her and her actions. Do you take the honor?"

"With Grace, I do sir."

----------

With Rina right by her side just like proposed, Y/N walked out of the building trailing down the steps to be met with the faces of her squad. They all ignored her, eyeing Rina like she was prey. Y/N sweatdropped waving them off. "Go ahead. She's all yours for questioning."

And with that, they all ran up to Rina practically trampling over her asking some of the same questions Y/N was asked when she arrived. Mikasa on her own, was standing beside her, waiting for Eren to arrive. He had stayed back to chat with Hange and Levi about something.

"Her eyes remind me of Eren's." Mikasa suddenly spoke which Y/N chuckled in response. "I can see it. But his are more vibrant and welcoming."

Y/N then turned to face Mikasa, a look of sincerity in her expression. "Have you talked to Armin at all today? I was wondering if he was in the mood to chat."

"Oh is this about what happened yesterday?" Mikasa gave a smug look at which Y/N punched her shoulder. "I'm being serious Mika. I want to talk to him and make up."

Mikasa laughed to herself a bit. "He's by the horses, reading most likely. Good luck, I wish you the best though he can be easy to reason with."

Y/N gave a thank you before running off to the stable nearby which held the horses of her squad mates. Hay scattered all over the floor crunched under her feet as she scavenged through the somewhat dark area looking for those bright blue eyes she would get lost in.

A few feet in, she could hear humming coming from a certain someone causing her to smile at his voice. Peering from behind a wall, she saw Armin leaning against one of the stable gates book in hand. Sneaking up next to him she knelt down coming eye to eye with him.

Noticing a shadow cast over his reading, his eyes caught a glimpse of Y/N's (e/c) ones which startled him. The small smile she entered with still graced her lips as she sat down across from him picking at the skin of her nails.

"Hey." she greeted, looking down at the floor. She was gathering the words to say and apologize which made her nervous and Armin noticed that. He took into account that whenever she was nervous, she would nonstop pick at her fingernails, even causing them to bleed.

"Hi.." his voice trailed off, closing his book and standing up. He dusted himself off and placed the book into his leather satchel strapped onto the horse. Y/N sighed again, standing up in suit. She wanted to hurry up and get this apology over with, to see if it all would go back to the way it was.

"I just want to say... I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you. It wasn't like me and I was just upset since Bertholdt was close to me ever since I was little. You didn't deserve to get yelled at by me, nor anyone since it was the only way you were able to survive. And I understand if you're not willing to stay friends with me, and that's okay. I don't deserve your forgiveness nor your pity. I understand what I said was wrong and I'm sorry."

Armin stopped what he was doing, while Y/N took it as a sign that he just wasn't ready to start the friendship over again. She cleared her throat in defeat, and started to walk away before Armin grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug.

Y/N hadn't experienced a hug in a while, nor was it one so sudden like this. Her face started to heat up slightly before Armin pulled away, scratching at the nape of his neck.

"I'm sorry for that.. I just didn't want you to walk away." He apologized in which Y/N brushed it off. "But I forgive you, Y/N. He was your friend and you have every right to stay upset with me for that very reason. I just don't want to end our friendship so suddenly, since you really do mean a lot to me."

"No no no! It's okay it's okay it's in the past now I really don't want to mention it again. Everything is behind us and we're still friends alright?" Y/N waved her arms around anxiously which caused Armin to laugh and nod in response. "Yes, we are still friends."

"Great!" She jumped, skipping out of the stables. "Wait!" Armin called out to her which caused her stop. She turned to face him, humming in response.

"I now feel that since we're in Trost district, it's time for you to meet someone." he said, extending his hand out. Y/N looked at him with a puzzled look, taking his hand in her own allowing him to lead her to whatever place he wanted to show her.

"I cant tell if you're going to like this.. or have mixed emotions about it." He spoke truthfully in which Y/N scoffed.

"I have mixed emotions about everything. Bring it."

----------

Peeping through the door to a basement, Y/N tiptoed in not making sure to make any sudden noise. The glow from lanterns around her illuminated the room, bouncing from wall to wall lighting up her way.

Coming face to face with who Armin wanted to show her most, Y/N held a small smirk on her face walking straight up to the person who showed no reaction to her movements.

"I never expected that we would meet like this... Annie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: AND GUESS WHO FINALLY UPDATED AFTER MORE THAN A MONTH? ME YES ME AND I AM SO PROUD. god this chapter was so hard for me to write and it isn't my greatest piece but hey.. i mean it's something. Also i'm gonna mention something here, just imagine Rina as some sort of genderbent Eren since that's where i got inspo dlfjfjgk ALSO she might be a bitch this chapter but just wait for her character development *wink wink* anyways i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! there will be more to come. ps i love this cliffhanger.

•Q/A: how's your summer going?

-A: it's going alright. pretty boring ngl

PUT YOUR ANSWERS HERE!!!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

38K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
745K 22.2K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...
29.1K 767 23
Deal with it. I like Sasha..sorry girls if you're hoping this is x female reader. You are joining the Trainee Corps hoping to making your mission suc...