The Genius Within The Shadows...

By Kuragari_Mei

I Honestly Don't Know How to Describe this Story anymore. But if You Wanna Know, then you're welcome to try o... More

Act I - Chapter 1 - [Start of a New Life]
Chapter 3 - [A Glimpse of His Power]
Chapter 4 - [Unwanted Attention]
chapter 5 - [The Devil Within]
Chapter 6 - [Calm Before The Storm]
Chapter 7 - [A Small World]
Chapter 8 - [Prologue]
Chapter 9 - [Interaction]
Chapter 10 - [Lingering Doubt]
Chapter 11 - [Light]
Chapter 12 - [Epilogue]
[Preview]
Bonus Story - [Hiyori's Melancholy]
Bonus Story - [A Tyrants Obsession]
Act II - Chapter 1 [Relations]
Chapter 2 - [Gathering]
Chapter 3 - [Pride]
Chapter 4 - [Chance Encounter]
Chapter 5 - [Welcomed Return]
Chapter 6 - [The Normal Life I Want]
Chapter 7 - [A Normal Highschool Student]
Chapter 8 - [Rest Of Summer]
Chapter 9 - [New Look]
Bonus Story - [A Different Perspective]
Chapter 10 - [Preparations]
Chapter 11 - [Summer Paradise]
Chapter 12 - [The Seed Of Curiosity]
Chapter 13 - [Change]
Chapter 14 - [End of Summer]
Chapter 15 - [A New Beginning]
Chapter 16 - [Loopholes]
Chapter 17 - [War]
Chapter 18 - [Trouble on the Horizon]
Chapter 19 - [Plans Set in Motion]
Chapter 20 - [A Change of Pace]
Chapter 21 - [Individual Thoughts]
Chapter 22 - [A Delightful Meal]
Chapter 23 - [Opportunities]
Chapter 24 - [One of Many]
Chapter 25 - [An Unusual Pair]
Bonus Story - [Resolve]
Chapter 26 - [Passage of Time]
Chapter 27 - [A Sudden Turn]
Bonus Story - [Perception]
Chapter 28 - [Vow]
Chapter 29 - [Thereafter the Cold]
Chapter 30 - [Sports Festival]
Chapter 31 - [Accumulating Pain]
Chapter 32 - [Acceptance]
Chapter 33 - [Confrontation]
Chapter 34 - [Unveiling]
Bonus Story - [A Highschoolers' Heart]
Chapter 35 - [Connected Dots]
Chapter 36 - [Unrequited Trust]
Chapter 37 - [Glass like Heart]
Chapter 38 - [A New Tomorrow]

Chapter 2 - [Life as an 'Ordinary' Student]

17K 367 393
By Kuragari_Mei

5:30 am, the sun wasn't even starting to rise. I wake up since it has been my habit since childhood. I fix my bed and began preparing breakfast.

Cooking was one of the things that had been taught to us in that place. From Simple dish like fried rise to some more complicated ones like Chinese Cuisine, the majority of them were hammered into my brain.

I started cooking a simple omelette. Until I remembered that I also need one for Lunch. I prepared the ingredients for the Lunch Box and started cooking.

I Finished cooking, preparing the lunch box and eventually had breakfast. After breakfast I exercised so that I don't lose shape took a bath. 'This will be my so called morning routine from now on' I thought

I left early to find a place where I can eat lunch. The Classroom is a no go. So is the cafeteria since I have a bento. Also it's akward if I eat there by my self. That leaves...
___________________________________________

I arrived at the Classroom, looks like a lot of them also decided to come early since half were already here. I made my to my desk and sat quietly. I looked at the window looking at nothing, started daydreaming, and also thinking about the school system. It won't hurt to try and figure it out, especially since it is the system that will be part of my life for the next 3 years.

I think and think and think, until I got bored...
Since there were enough information, I more or less figured it out. That's why I got bored. There was still a lot of time before homeroom start. I had 'friends' namely Kushida, Haruka and Akito, but it would be akward to go to them just to talk. And besides, I'm not the best at starting a conversation 'sigh'

As time went by, while being bored to hell, someone finally decided to talk to me.

"Ayanokōji-kun can I have a little bit of your time?" Hirata said while approaching me. "Sure" I sad to him. And it looks like he knows my name, since only 4 people know me in this Classroom, atleast that's what I thought, Hirata most likely asked Kushida since she knows a lot of people. "I was just thinking if you would like to join us for lunch, since I want everyone to get along, I also want the others to have connections with you" he said while smiling. I don't know if it's just me, or thats actually pretty weird. I mean who says that to someone they barely know. Scratch that, this is literally the first time we talked. Well maybe it's just me.

"Sorry Hirata, I have plans for later, but I appreciate your concern" I said to him. Well I don't actually have plans for later but... I'm pretty sure that when he said 'us' he meant those girls that are starting at him, let's just call it his fanclub. "Ohhh okay, I'll invite you next time okay?" "Yeah, I'll try next time"

After that he left, at the same time my neighbor arrived. As usual she had a serious look. Well maybe it's not my place to talk since I also have my apathetic face.

"Serious as usual huh" I said to her as she sat
"And whats wrong with that" " nothing..." 'sigh' this is going to be a long day
___________________________________________

Sensei arrived and started homeroom. Since I grew up in 'that' place, this lessons were pretty much easy to me. Despite that I tried my best to listen so that I don't get called out... Or so I thought. While homeroom was ongoing, some of my classmates we're talking to each other, some were using phones and some were... Sleeping. Despite that Sensei pay them no mind, in fact she's ignoring them. This just confirms my conclusion about the S-System. 'sigh'

Homeroom ended, and all I can say was, its pretty boring. Maybe it's because I already know everything that was taught to us. It was already lunch time so most of the students were going out to buy something to eat. I also did the same. I took my lunch box and started to leave. As I was exiting I can feel gazes from some of my classmates, specifically Hirata who invited me, he gave me a worried look. He's a good man to be honest.

I made my way to a place where people don't go often, it's in the far west of the school campus. It's near the ocean, that makes it perfect for relaxing. This will be the place where I eat lunch. It's pretty nice. Its peaceful and quite. There are no crowds of people making it the best place for me. As I was looking for a bench to sit on, I saw someone sitting on another bench. She was a beautiful, charming young girl with long platinum blonde hair. She was also pretty tall. She was sitting in a very relaxed manner as if she owns the bench.

I sat on a bench that's a little far from her and started eating my lunch. I don't have any problem with the food here in school but it's better to save some points.

The sounds of the waves were music to my ears. The weather were also very nice. It was very peaceful. I could sleep here and I wouldn't have a problem with it. Time passed by, I didn't know what time it was, I just appreciated the vast blue sea infront of me.

I decided that it was time for me to leave. I took a glance at the girl, it looked like she still had no intention of leaving. As I was about to leave, I hear music being played in the Public Announcement System, there followed a voice announcing something;

"At 5:00 PM Japan Standard Time
today, we will be holding a student
club fair in Gymnasium No. 1. Students
interested in joining a club, please
gather in Gymnasium No. 1."
The female voice who was doing the announcement repeated the announcement once again. Club activities, huh? That reminded me that Hirata wanted to join a club.

I took my leave, heading towards the Classroom. As I was walking I noticed Kushida with her friends, namely Matsushita Chiaki and Onodera Kayano. It seems like she also noticed me since they started to approach me.

"Ayanokōji-kun" Kushida said while waving at me. "Hello Kushida" I replied with my amazing monotone voice.

"Ne, Kushida-san, are you like friends or something?"

"Hmmm? Ohhh yeah, this is Ayanokōji-kun"
I bowed slightly after she introduced me. "heeeeh, Ayanokōji-san what class are you?"
Why am I not surprised

"What do you mean Onodera-san? His from our class..." As Kushida said that, the two were clearly shocked. "Really! I'm so sorry Ayanokōji-san" Onodera apologized while bowing.

"It's okay, I get that a lot, no need to apologized" " Still I can't believe your from our class, I didn't even notice you" Matsushita spoke "well it is still the second day of school so it's pretty understandable"
"Hmmm I see, nice to meet you Ayanokōji-kun" " yeah nice to meet you, and I'm sorry again" the two said. "Likewise"

"Anyway Ayanokōji-kun, I just wanted to let you know that I was the one who told Hirata-kun your name, he asked me since he wanted to invite you for lunch... Well atleast that was the plan" Kushida said while glancing at my lunch box.

"Ohhh yeah, it's okay, he did ask me but as you can see, I made lunch so I had to decline"

"Heeeeh that's so you can cook huh, that's nice" Onodera inserted herself in the conversation.

"Yeah it's, nothing special" " That's not true, I also think it's pretty cool that you can cook" Kushida said in a energetic voice. "I see, thanks I guess"

"Well, that was all Ayanokōji-kun, if you don't mind, join us next time. We eat with Hirata Kun sometimes." "I see, I'll consider your offer, thanks for your concern"
"Bye bye!" She said as they left, I nodded in response but I saw Matsushita give me a somewhat curious look. 'i wonder what was that about' I thought

I made my way to the classroom and soon after homeroom started.
___________________________________________

4 boring hours later, Homeroom finally ended. Hirata and Kushida approached me as soon a sensei left. Not that I mind but they really don't want someone to be left out huh.

"Ayanokōji-kun, wanna come with us to the Club fair?" "Yeah, come with us Ayanokōji-kun" This two really are nice

"Well I don't have something better to do anyway so I don't mind" I said to them. "Good, what about you Horikita-san" Kushida asked my lovable neighbor but she just ignored her. "Uhmmm Horikita san, I think it's pretty rude to ignore Kushida San" Hirata said. "I see, then NO, I don't wanna come with you" Horikita coldly said to them as she left the classroom

"She's pretty rude huh"
"Yeah, whats her problem"
"She's a bitc-

"Uhmmm guys it's okay, you don't have to talk badly about Horikita san" Hirata said stopping the other students from badmouthing Horikita. I can't that I agree with them, but I also don't disagree with them

"Yeah it's okay guys, it wasn't a big deal" Kushida said to calm them
___________________________________________

We got ready to leave. We were a group of ten. Consisting of 8 girls and 2 boys. Kushida, Matsushita, Onodera, there were also Karuizawa Kei, Mei Yu Wang, Sato Maya, Kokoro Inogashira and Nene Mori. As for the boys...it was only me and Hirata. As we were walking Hirata made his way beside me.

"So Ayanokōji-kun, are you going to join a club?" Hirata asked me Catching the attention of almost everyone in the group

"Hmmm, I don't think I will. But it won't hurt to see what clubs are available. That reminds me Hirata, you said that you'll join the soccer club right"

"Yeah, I always played soccer since middle school so I also plan to join here"

"I see"

"Wanna join the soccer club with me Ayanokōji-kun?"

"Soccer huh, I'm not that sure about it but I'll consider it"

"Great"

The others also talked about what they will join. while me and Hirata talk about trivial things. Eventually we arrived at Gymnasium 1 where the club fair was being held. There were a lot of students present, maybe around 150 to 200 were here.

"There's a lot of people here huh"

"Well this is a club fair so it's understandable"

"Aside from me, who else is going to join a club" Hirata asked us. As expected a lot of them only came since Hirata came...

"What about you Wang san? Any club in mind?" Hirata asked Mei Yu Wang "uhhm I don't have any particular club in mind. Ohh and you can call me Mii-chan Hirata-kun. That's what everyone calls me, same to you guys too" ... Mii chan said to us... Yep it's hard, especially for a guy like me.

"I see then I'll call you Mii chan form now on" Hirata casually replied. Teach me your ways Hirata.

"Looks like your the only one here with a club in mind Hirata Kun" Karuizawa said

As they were talking to each other, Matsushita Approached me.

"What about you Mysterious-kun, any club in mind?" Wait what did she just call me?

"Mysterious?" I asked her

"Ohhhh it's just your so silent, and mysterious to me" she said in response. Well I don't blame her.

"I see, Im just silent since I don't have anyone to talk to or anything to talk about"

"That's kinda sad. Well you can talk to me. I'm also interested in you so I don't mind"

"Interested huh"

"Ne Ayanokōji-kun, are you like someone really amazing?" She asked

"Huh, why would you think that" I asked her

"Well you have no presence at all, but to me it seems like your observing"

"I'll take that as a compliment disguised as an insult" I said to her while she just slightly giggled.

Now that I paid attention, I can say that Matsushita is very beautiful. I wouldn't blame someone if they mistake her for a model. I can also tell she's kind, she doesn't judge someone very quickly.

While I was uhhhm complimenting?... Her inside my head, A voice rang out from the speakers set up around the gymnasium. A girl had stepped up to the microphone on stage and had begun speaking. As she began speaking, the voices in the gymnasium slowly quieted down to whispers.

"We will begin the club fair. A representative from each club will explain their function. My name is Tachibana, the student council
secretary and the club fair's organizer.
It's nice to meet you all."

As Tachibana-senpai spoke, the
students who were on stage earlier
formed a line on stage. There were
quite a lot of them. Just how many clubs
were there?

"Wow. I knew from the pamphlet, but
seeing them up on stage.... there are so
many clubs," Kushida said, with some
awe.

"I suppose it's to cater to the interests
of as many students as possible," Hirata
hypothesized. One by one, the senpais presented their club and what they did to the
first-years. Although some of them
seemed like they would only accept
experienced people, others were
openly welcoming even newcomers to
their club.

If I was being honest, most of the clubs
had pretty ordinary introductions. Aside from those already interested in them, I wondered if they would really be able to entice people to join their clubs. In fact, I actually thought that the info in the pamphlets were more
interesting than the introductions on
stage, but maybe I was being a bit too harsh.

I looked around to see what the
others were doing. Hirata was quietly talking to a few of the girls about his impressions of each club. Kushida, too, was also asking Matsushita, Inogashira
and ...Mii-chan for their thoughts. The
rest of the girls were either talking in small groups or just quietly observing. As I looked around, I saw a few familiar faces near the back of the gymnasium.

Sudo accompanied by Yamauchi Haruki and Ike Kanji were hangin around the back. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but Yamauchi and Ike looked quite excited. Sudo also looked a little excited, although he wasn't talking as much as the other two.
As I turned back towards the stage,
I saw someone quite unexpected
from the corner of my eye. Near the
gymnasium door, standing alone, was Horikita. She was staring at the stage
with a rather intense look.

'How odd. I thought she said she didn't
have any interest in clubs. Well, it's not
really my business though.' I thought

As the introductions continued, the
lively atmosphere in the gymnasium never ceased. Each club representative, some with their supervising instructor, presented their club with high morale. In order to get even just one additional member, they presented with as lively and welcoming an attitude as possible. One by one, the club representatives finished their introductions until only one person was left on stage.

A tall dark-haired student, dressed in only
the regular school uniform, stepped
in front of the microphone. With sharp eyes, he looked out at the large gathering of first-years in front of him. Seconds passed but he didn't say a word.

"Do your best hahahaha"
"Did you forget your script or something"
"Atleast talk dude"

Some people went as far as to
encourage or mock the guy standing on stage. Many students even started laughing at him. Still, he didn't say anything, choosing to observe the first-years in front of him with an apathetic expression worn. In time, the laughter died down and all that remained was silence. The first-years started asking about what was going on in hushed whispers. An inexplicable tension had filled the gymnasium and the first-years had
started becoming a little nervous or
put-off. Silence reigned the entire gymnasium as the tense atmosphere continued.

Checking to see what the reactions of the senpais in the clubs were, I saw that, while they too had sensed the tension in the gymnasium, their expressions seemed to indicate that they weren't very nervous. Rather, it feels like some of them had expected this of the student on stage. Just who was he?

After half a minute of silence, the
student on stage opened his mouth to say something.

"I am the student council president. My
name is Horikita Manabu."

Horikita? I turned to look at Horikita
from my class. From this distance,
I could see that she was wearing a rather complex expression. It seemed impossible to tell what she was thinking.

Looking back at the student council
president, judging by Horikita's look, I doubted that they just happened to
have the same family name. Could they
be possibly related?

"The student council is looking to recruit potential candidates among the first-year students to replace the graduating third-years. Although no special qualifications are required for
candidacy, we humbly ask that those
considering application not be involved in other club activities. We generally do not accept students involved elsewhere."

Despite speaking softly, no one in
the gymnasium spoke a word. That was how dominating the presence of Horikita Manabu was. It wasn't because of his tone, nor due to his position. Rather, the way Horikita Manabu upheld himself, both in body and speech, left no room to speak or interrupt.

"Furthermore, we in the student
council do not wish to appoint anyone
who possesses a naive outlook. Not only would such a person not be elected, he or she would sully the sanctity of this school. It is the student council's right and duty to amend and enforce the rules, but the school
expects more than that. We gladly
welcome those of you who understand this."

After Horikita Manabu had said all that, he walked off the stage, leaving Tachibana-senpai to close the club fair. But despite having left the stage, the first-years were still shocked into silence.
It was only when Tachibana-senpai
had mentioned that the clubs would
start accepting applications that the
first-years started talking again.

"The student council president sure is...
intense," Karuizawa said.

"Yeah. He had all the first-years
silenced so easily" Matsushita remarked.

"Well he is the student council president so that's to be expected"

"What's to be expected?"

"You know, his presence"

"I see, that's true"

"Anyway looks like we can now apply to a club" Hirata said

"Ohh yeah, well good luck Hirata-kun" Kushida encouraged him

"Hirata Kun we'll come with you"

"Yeah I'll also come, I don't have anything to do here either"

"Sure, what about you Ayanokōji-kun?" Hirata asked me

"Ohh uhhm, I'll just stay here"

"I see, well wait for us okay?" I nodded in response

They left to apply for the soccer club leaving me, Matsushita, Kushida, and Inogashira

After a some small amount of silence, Kushida spoke breaking the akward atmosphere.

"I'm going to go and look around the other clubs, wanna join me?"

"I'll come Kushida San" Inogashira Said to her while moving to her side

"Great what about you Matsushita San? Ayanokōji-kun?"

"I'll stay here" I said to her
"I'll also stay Kushida San, I'm not great with crowds" Matsushita remarked

"I see, well, we'll be off, we'll be back soon"

I nodded to them and soon they blended in the crowd disappearing from our sight. Matsushita and me were alone now. Looking like she had no intention of speaking, I took the Initiative.

"So, why did you decide to stay?"

"Hmmm, I just felt like it"

"I doubt that"

"That's rude, wouldn't you normally be thankful that your alone with a beautiful girl like me"

"That's true, but only when I'm alone with a 'beautiful' girl" ofcours I'm just joking...

Realizing that I won't back down, she gave off a little pout...Now That's cute

"Fine, I told you remember, that you caught my interest. So I'm just trying to observe you"

"Observe huh, well I don't mind, but how would it benefit you?"

"Hmmm I don't know, I just feel like your hiding something"

"I see, well good luck finding something that doesn't exist"

"I will, don't worry... By the way Ayanokōji-kun can I have your number?"

"Hmmm, ohh sure... Here" I said as I showed her my contact information.

"Here you go, equal exchange" she also did the same. Adding another contact information to my phone. Is it normal that most of them are girls, well normal or not, it actually feels good.

"Hey hey hey hey, you two are surprisingly close" a voice directed at us caught our attention. Turning to look who it was, I found out that it was Onodera with Hirata and the others.

It looks like they finished earlier than expected.

"What do you mean, Onodera San" Another voice was heard. This time it was Kushida, looks like they also finished checking the other clubs.

"I meant what I said, these two are surprisingly close, something's suspicious"

"Theres nothing between us Onodera San" Matsushita Protested. "Really then what were you doing?" "...well, I just ask him what his number was" Matsushita said in a meek voice

"Seee! Some IS going on"
"N-No, it's not like that, I just wanted his number since his my friend"

While these two were debating, the others were laughing showing no sign of them trying to stop this somewhat 'interesting' scenario

"A-Ayanokoji-kun, atleast help me here" Matsushita asked for my help...but I wonder whats the right thing to say. Racking my brain for answers, I ended up saying-

"What do you mean" was all I could say

"W-wha... They're mistaking you as my boyfriend, H-how can you stay calm like that!" She said passing the Baton to me

"Am I your Boyfriend?"

"W-Well, no!, Ofcours not"

"Then I don't see the problem... You should clam down, your making things a lot more suspicious by panicking." I said to her in an attempt to calm her down... Fortunately she did

"W-Well, that's true..." She was blushing but With this, things finally calmed down a little. The others were still giggling but that's all there was.

"Hehe, Mat-su-shi-ta San. He's right tho, you need to calm down, we were only teasing you"

"Actually now that I look closely... Ayanokōji-kun is surprisingly handsome despite his expression less face" Karuizawa spoke making everyone look at me... This is troublesome

"Yeeeaaahhh... Your right Karuizawa San! But to me rather than expression less, it's more like he's mature." Satou said

"...is that soo?"

"..."

"No, no Ayanokōji-kun, when girls compliment you, you should be thankful" it's looks like what Onodera said was common sense? Since I saw others nodding

"I see... Thanks, I guess"

"Girls, I think we're making Ayanokōji-kun pretty uncomfortable, so let's stop for now"

Yes, thank you Hirata, your my savior... Wait, For Now?

"Hmmmm, well I agree with Hirata-kun"
"If Hirata Kun says so" (guess who this is)

"Good, then shall we get going? It's getting late" Hirata proposed while we nodded in response
___________________________________________

I was in my room thinking about how a lot of people think 'where do we go after we die', but no one ask 'where were we, before we were born'

In other words I was thinking about nonsensical ideas.

Well this day was unique one to say the least. I got a lot more other contact information, and getting included in a group chat since they say I'm there 'friend'

Friend huh? I still need to learn what exactly are those. I mean I have some friends but I still don't know what exactly made them my friends.

Since this was something that was new and foreign to me, I still need to learn more about it. Well it's not like I'm in a hurry. With that I turned off the lights, laid on my bed and let the darkness embraced me.
___________________________________________

One week have passed since the Club Fair. As usual during homeroom, students tend to pay no mind to the teacher. 'sigh' this is becoming a bad habit. Ofcours I don't really care that much about what they do, but I'm getting a feeling that Thai will somehow affect me.

The bell rang, signalling that it was time for lunch.

"Yo Ayanokōji, wanna come with us" Sudō called out to me, it looks like he meant Ike and Yamauchi by 'us'.

"Sorry Sudō, but I have to decline. But thanks anyway, invite me next time" I said to them. They're not as bad as I thought since they've also been trying to invite from time to time

"I see, well hang out with us sometime... Later dude" Sudō said while exiting the class with the other two

"I'm surprised that you declined...to me it looked like you were desperate to interact with other people" looks like she was listening to our conversation since Horikita made a comment on it.

I just got off my seat and ignored her. Looks like she got a little irritated by my attitude. I didn't exactly hate Horikita, I just find her hard to deal with because of her 'im superior' attitude. I just wanted to show her what it would feel to be treated like that.

I went to my usual place, and by that I meant the place where I usually ate lunch. I've been eating here since the first day of school. You could say that this was a place where I was extremely comfortable at.

I walked to the usual bench but when it appeared in my line of sight I saw something fairly... Unusual?

The girl with long platinum blonde hair was sitting on the bench I usually occupied.
Like me, she spent her time here. But she sat on a different bench.

I didn't want to disturb her just so I can sit on MY bench... Well it isn't exactly mine.
I sat on a different bench this time but something unexpected happened. Just when I sat, the girl stood up and approached me. Looks like she wanted to talk to me.

"Hi there Kohai- Kun" Kohai-kun huh, looks like she's an upperclassmen.

"Hello there senpai, did you have business with me?" I said to her, she just had a grin on her face.

"Straight to the point huh, well you can say that I wanted to talk to you... But lets talk there shall we" she said while pointing at MY bench. Ahhh yes looks like we're not separated after all.
(Kiyo x Bench-Chan? Anyone? Just Kidding)

I nodded and made our way to MY usual bench. We sat next to each other and silence came afterwards ...

"So, why did you want to talk with me senpai?" I asked her breaking the silence

"Ohhh nothing much, I was just interested in you Ayanokōji" how did she know my name? This was the first time we talked, and I didn't exactly do anything to stand out

"Uhmmm senpai, how did you know my name?" I decided to ask her.

"I have my sources" that answered a little bit of my question but it also brought a lot more questions

Why did she want to know my name?
If it's because she's interested in me, why was she?

Things like that flooded my head. "You don't have to wary of me Kohai-kun. I won't do anything to you" she said to me. I can't exactly believe her right away but it looked like she was saying the truth

"I see, sorry about that ....?"
"Ohh right, I'm Kiryuuin Fuka, second year, nice to meet you, Kohai-kun.

I see looks like she's in second year.

"Nice to meet you too Kiryuuin senpai. So may I ask why you were interested in me" first Matsushita, then her? Am I really that interesting?

"Hmmm how can I say this. Well let's just say I kept on seeing you here when it's lunch time, so I became interested in you. This isn't really a popular place and I was the only one who usually came here, so I was surprised when there was someone who spent there lunch time here"

She said to me while still looking at the sea in front of us. She looked like she wasn't lying but I still feel like theres something more to it.

"I see, well it is relaxing here. No crowds of people making it a perfect place for me" I said while opening my lunch box.

"Here you go senpai" I offered her my chopstick and lunch box. "Well it looks like you didn't have lunch yet"

"Well your not wrong so I'll gladly accept but what about you Kohai-kun?"

"It's okay, I can always buy something later, besides I'm not that hungry"

"I see, well why don't we share it instead?"

"That seemed like a logical choice" well it was, fortunately I always have a spare chopstick. I agreed to her suggestion and we began to eat.

"This is delicious Kohai-kun! Your the one who cooked this right"

"Well yeah"

"This is superb, your a great cook"

"Thanks senpai tho it's really nothing special"

"You really are interesting" she said to me. We eventually finished the food.

"Thanks for the food Kohai-kun"

"Your welcome senpai. But why don't you eat lunch tho? I mean Everytime, you were really early to come here when lunch time comes and you spend your time here until the bell rings"

"So you noticed huh, well its not that I don't eat anything for lunch, I just do it fairly early. Besides I'm not really someone who have friends, not that I mind so I spend my time here, appreciating this view infront of us"

I see, loner huh, well I can somewhat understand her

"What about you Kohai-kun, why do you cook your own food? I mean I know it's delicious but you can also say the same when it comes to the cafeteria"

"Well that's true, but I just feel the need to save some points, it feels like something is wrong" well something is wrong since I more or less understood how private points work, but I still don't have a solid evidence"

"I see, so you noticed something huh" I nodded

"Well thats good Kohai-kun"

"Thanks senpai, well it looks like I need to go is there anything else you want from me senpai?"

"Hmmm, let's see, ooh right your contact information"

"Ohhh well I don't mind... Here" I gave her my phone, and she typed something in return

"I also added my number there, by the way if you want to contact me, don't text me, rather call me, since that's the way I prefer things"

"Okay, that was strangely specific but okay"

I got ready to leave but something came in my mind

"By the way senpai, since I eat lunch here pretty often, if you want, I can also include you if I prepare my lunch box" this wasn't necessary but since I can understand her situation, something in my mind forced me to do it

"Is that right Kohai-kun, well your cooking is definitely delicious and I don't mind free food but what's the catch?"

"Hmm well there wasn't really one, but since it looked liked you won't believe me if I said that alone... Hmmm let's just say in return I become your friend"

When she heard that she started laughing, looks like I said something pretty funny

"Well that's the first, alright Kohai-kun, Ill gladly accept your offer" she said while still grinning. I don't know what came over me to say that but there's just something about her that interest me.

"Alright senpai, well I'll be off" I bid her farewell and returned to the classroom. Soon the boring hours started
___________________________________________

Homeroom finally ended and thank goodness it did. Well we did take some quizzes where I found something interesting about Matsushita, but overall it was still boring.

I prepared to leave but looked like Hirata wanted to talk to me so I stayed in my seat for a little longer

"Hey there Ayanokōji-kun"

"What's up Hirata?"

"Wanna come with us to the mall Ayanokōji-kun?"

"Hmmm, well I don't see any problem so sure"

Hirata probably invited me out of goodwill but it's also probably true that he invited me since hes pretty uncomfortable being accompanied by a lot of girls... Must be hard being popular huh
___________________________________________

The usual group of people were present except two. We walked towards the direction to the mall, namely Keyaki Mall. It's a large one to be honest, there's also a lot of other facilities inside. But for this particular visit, looks like we're going to buy clothes.

As we were walking Kushida slowed down to match my pace. We talked a little, then looks like Kushida spotted someone she knew since she waved. The other did the same but they approached us. They were a group of five.

"Hello Kikyo chan, you going to the mall?"
The girl with strawberry pink hair asked Kushida. She was very beautiful if I have to say, she also had a figure that would tickle a man's heart in an instant.

"Hello Honami chan, well yeah we were. What about you?"

"Hmmm, we were also planning to go... Do you mind if we joined you?"

"Not at all Ichinose-san, pls feel free" Hirata spoke for all of us

"I see, thank you then. Ohh right I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Ichinose Honami from class B and these are my classmates" she said in a lively tone

"Nice to meet you, I'm So Shibata"
"Ryuji Kanzaki"
"Hello, I'm Chihiro Shiranami"
"And I'm Mako Amikura, nice to meet you everyone"

Looks like they're all from class B. After they're introdtion, Kushida also Introduced. Then after that we went to the mall.

We talked while walking, and what I mean by 'we' is they since I didn't join in on there conversation. I also walked slightly behind them. Matsushita noticed me and began to walk beside me, also beside her was Onodera who followed Matsushita.

"So Ayanokōji-kun, anything you want to buy in mind?" She asked me when right away

"Well, I don't really know my self..."

"Then why did you come along?" Onodera spoke for the first time

"I wonder..."

"Did you perhaps come along, because Matsushita San was also coming?" She teased with a grin on her face. Matsushita also blushed a little. I just stayed quite in response

"Hmph your no fun Ayanokōji-kun, atleast play along sometime" Onodera said to me

"Is that so..."

"S-Stop it Onodera-san"

"Hehehehe, anyways looks like we're here"

We finally arrived. We entered a then everyone was going in there separate ways.
I just stood there thinking what to buy exactly

'i don't exactly need a lot of new clothes but it won't hurt to buy a few... But what exactly do I choose' I thought to my self.

Since I lived in an isolated place and since fashion wasn't exactly on my vocabulary back then, I'm having a hard time choosing.
I just wandered trying to look for something that will somehow look good on me, but it didn't actually went well.

"Are you having a hard time choosing something?" Looks like Matsushita noticed

"Yeah... Fashion isn't exactly my forte so I don't Exactly know what to pick" I told her the truth

"Hmm I can help you with that if you want. I'm actually pretty confident in my fashion sense."

"Okay, I would appreciate it"

She looked at me instensely, from top to bottom seemingly trying to look at what would look good on me

"By the way, what kind of clothes are you looking for?"

"Let see, maybe some outdoor ones with a little casual clothes"

Satisfied, she began to pick some clothes. After a minute or two, she came back with clothes in hand. There were jeans and some simple t-shirt. There were also some outdoor ones. I checked the sizes and to my surprise it matches mine.

"Thanks Matsushita, sorry if I troubled you"

"It's okay, I kind of enjoyed it as well"

I made my way to the cash register to pay for the clothes but Matsushita stopped me

"W-Wait, aren't you gonna try them?" She said to me

"Well I checked there sizes and its the right one so I don't see the need for me to try them. Besides I trust you 'fashion sense'"

"W-Wha- but don't you want to see first if it suit your taste?"

"Well that's true... Okay I'll try them on"

We went to the changing area and it looks like some of them were already there. There was Kushida, Ichinose, Shibata, Kanzaki, Chihiro, Onodera and Hirata

"The others are taking there time huh" Onodera said while we were approaching

"Ohhhh, it's Ayanokōji-kun, looks like they're done" Kushida said making the others notice us

"Heeeeh, Matsushita-san is also with him, did you gu-"

"Don't even think about Onodera-san" Matsushita cut her teasing off

"Hehehehe" the others also giggled with her

While we they were waiting, the others were trying out there clothes asking for our opinion. I little later it was finally my turn.

"Try yours Ayanokōji-kun, and show it to us too" Kushida told me. I don't really get why I would show it to them but since the others did the same, I'll just go with the flow. As I entered the changing room, I noticed that the other arrived.'sigh' this is gonna be troublesome

"Hey, you alive in there" that voice, looks like it was Karuizawa who said it.

I took my time to change so that they would atleast lose their interest but it looked like it backfired.'sigh' after I finished I came out and they just looked at me, no one even uttered a word. I mean I get it if it's not good but atleast give a comment, your hurting my non-existent heart here.

"Is it that bad?" I spoke snapping them back to reality

"Your kidding right, dude your so handsome I'm starting to question my sexuality here!" Shibata was the first to answer

"...is that so?" I asked the others looking for confirmation.

"Okay maybe I was exaggerating on the second part but trust me men" Shibata spoke again

"Yeah, I agree with him Ayanokōji-kun, you very handsome" Onodera said and the other girls nodded with a tint of blush on there faces

"Hmmmm, well I just changed clothes so I doubt I changed that much"

"Well those clothes suit you very well Ayanokōji-kun" Hirata spoke for the first time since I came out

"I see, then I'll have to thank Matsushita for that" as soon as I said that, everyone's attention switched to Matsushita. Taking this chance I quickly went back inside the changing room. As I was changing I can hear the others questioning Matsushita.

Sorry Matsushita, this is kind of your fault that I gained attention so I need to sacrifice you for now

I came out with my uniform on. Looks like the commotion died down but Matsushita look really... red? Ohhh she was blushing, well that's cute.

We paid for our clothes and when I thought it was time to go back to our dorms, Karuizawa suggested that we go to the pallet cafe. The others also agreed. And since majority wins I decided that I would come along

'but still, that sure are carefree, especially the way they spend there money' I thought. The others earlier bought a lot compared to me, and the prizes is those clothes weren't exactly what you would call cheap.

'sigh' looks like they still don't know that there's something suspicious with the point System. Maybe I'll help them a bit since they are my 'friends'. But if they still don't get the hints then I won't care anymore

We went to the cafe but this time without the class B students, looks like they have some other business to tend to.

We sat on a table then began ordering. I ordered a chocolate milk shake, the others also ordered something and we just talked to each other while waiting.

"By the way Ayanokōji-kun where do you usually eat lunch? I tried inviting you several times but it looks like you have other plans"
Hirata asked me.

"Hmmm, well it's not that I don't want to eat with you guys. I just make my own lunch box so I eat somewhere else" I answered in my monotone voice

"Heehh, so you can cook huh, that's surprising. I wouldn't expect that from someone with a gloomy face" Karuizawa cut in our conversation.

"Karuizawa-san I think it's rude to tell Ayanokōji-kun that he has a gloomy face"
Yes Hirata, I'm glad you understand me

"Well it's the truth tho"

"It's still rude, anyway why Ayanokōji-kun do you not like the food in the cafeteria?"
Hirata asked me again.

"It's not like that, I just wanted to save some points" they seemed surprised by my answer.
Looks like they didn't have the slightest suspicion. 'sigh'

"Huh!?, Why would you save some points when we can have 100k every month" Karuizawa shouted a little

"I just find it weird that we are given 100k. I know that this is a government affiliated school but that's still over the top, especially since we're still highschool students"

Their surprised turned to shock. That's good atleast be a little suspicious. We won't know if your actions will affect me but I'm not taking chances.

"Well that's true..."

"Hmmm, that's a good point Ayanokōji-kun, let's be on guard in case something unexpected happen" Hirata told us.

"I'll also ask the senpais from soccer club for information" Hirata added reassuring the others.

That went well, now they can atleast do things Befitting to be called an elite of this school... Atleast a little 'sigh'

After that, our orders arrived. We just talked about random things and eventually parted ways to return to our dorm.

It's not the best but it sure is nice living like this...
___________________________________________

THE NEXT DAY
Hirata Yōsuke POV

After what Ayanokōji-kun said yesterday, I started to feel ... Suspicion about this school. For some reason, I just feel like what he said was true.

What if there really was a catch? I mean from a logical perspective it was highly plausible. This is and elite school that boast a 100% employment rate...yet out situation right now isn't exactly what you would imagine to see in an elite school

Some were, using there phone, reading manga, some were even sleeping all while homeroom is happening. But the weirder thing is that our teacher doesn't point it out, in fact she just ignores it. There is definitely something wrong here.

The bell rang signalling the end of homeroom for the morning. Meaning it's time for lunch.

Sensei is about to leave. 'move Hirata, just ask her, there's no such thing as being to careful' I stood up and approached sensei. She noticed me so she stopped.

"Sensei can I ask you a question" I said in a rather serious tone

"That's a surprise Hirata, what is it?" She said
While the others listened to me, the others left. Leaving only a few notable students in the classroom. Namely Ayanokōji-kun, Horikita-san, Kushida-san and the others from our group

"Sensei, you do notice that some of us don't pay attention to you while your teaching right?" With this words I noticed some of my guilty classmates flinched.

"Yeah, so what?" She said in an indifferent tone.

"Then your just ignoring them? Why don't you call out to them or atleast war-"
I was suddenly cut off by a cold voice; sensei's voice.

"I don't get your point Hirata. I do notice that a lot of you people don't listen to me during homeroom but why should I care? Why would I bother correcting there attitude when what your pointing out is common sense now a days? Aren't you high schoolers already? Weren't you taught that 'you should listen to the teachers when they're talking'?"

Sensei pointed out facts, I can't deny them. But that isn't exactly what I needed to know. What I needed was information about how the school works.

"Still, that's good Hirata. Okay listen here you defective junks. Since I'm somewhat happy that not all of you are idiots, I'll give you a little hint. 'like in the outside world, it's all about survival in this school, so atleast act like you want to survive'" with those words, sensei exited the room leaving us, her students, shocked by the sudden change that we experienced.

"What does that even mean?" Karuizawa-san spoke first.

"Well let's all calm down and absorb the information given to us" I tried to calm them
"Besides it's lunch time so we should get going, we'll talk about this with the whole class later on, okay?"

"Okay... But still that was surprising huh?"

It was, and I still lack information. I looked over to Ayanokōji-kun to see if he was surprised but it looked like he was expecting it, he was also looking at me.

While the others were busy preparing to leave, I looked at Ayanokōji-kun, it looked like he wanted to tell me something. I tried to go to him but he put he's index finger on his lips signalling me to keep quite. I stopped dead in my tracks, I didn't expect him to do this. I looked at the others and it looked like they didn't notice him.

I payed attention to him, and he slowly looked at the corner of the ceiling? What was he looking at? I followed his gaze and to my surprise I saw a hidden Surveillance Camera.
It was hard to notice but if you focused you can see it. I looked again at Ayanokōji-kun and he simply nodded at me. After that he left like nothing happened at all.

Was he giving me a hint? Does he know something? Why did he signal me to keep quite? I need to ask him later.

"Hirata-kun let's go. Lunch time will be finished if we don't go yet" karuizawa-san told me snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ohh yeah let's go!" I said with a smile. I need to calm down, it's still only the tenth day since we arrived at this school. Whatever this situation is, I hope we're not too late.
___________________________________________

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka POV

After that little interaction between Hirata and Sensei, the students who were still present, felt as if they were suddenly thrown around. I can't really blame them though, even I was a little surprised by that sudden change in Sensei's action.

I decided to help Hirata a little bit since I was genuinely shocked of what he did. It was not the best approach since he clearly lacked information, but it was still commendable.

I just hope that he understood my gesture. It would be troublesome if he went around telling the others that I showed him the cameras. But considering his personality, I highly doubt that. It wasn't wrong for me to enroll in this school after all. Beside me being safe here, I get to see how others in the outside face different problems. This is Exhilarating.

I was currently walking towards the place where peace and quite is found. In other words I was walking towards where I usually eat lunch. I have two bentos in hand, one for me and one for Kiryuuin senpai. If others see these they would likely misunderstood our relationship, but since we were the only ones who literally visit that place, the chances are low.

I saw Senpai sitting on MY bench, looks like she's early as usual. She noticed me and looked in my direction. I just walked towards her.

"Good noon senpai"

"Hello Kohai-kun, you're a little late today huh? Did something happen?" She asked me as a sat beside her

"Class problems" she instantly understood what I meant

"well it isn't exactly new" she said

"Here you go Senpai" I handed her the other lunch box

"Thanks Kohai-kun" she accepted it gratefully
"Well then, itadakimasu" she said, and we began eating.

"Still surprinsing how delicious this is Kohai-kun, I honestly didn't expect it from you"

"I'll take that as a compliment" she laughed a little by my comment. I don't know why she calls me like that when she knows my name, but since it looks pointless to correct her, I'll just accept it. Speaking of name, where did she get my name exactly?

"Senpai, I was wondering, how exactly did you get to know me?"

"Hmmm? You mean how I got your name?" I nodded "I ask the student council president"

Well that's... Surprising. First is that Kiryuuin senpai has connection to them, and second is that the student council has a lot of information huh

"If I remember correctly, it was Horikita Manabu senpai occupying the role as the president"

"Yeah, at first I was interested in him too like how I am interested in you, but overtime I changed my mind" she said to me.

"How do you even determine who's interesting and not?"

"Instincts" she laughed a little after she said that

"I see"

"Well don't fret the small details, to be honest besides Horikita there was another, but the same happened"

"Can I ask who it is senpai?"

"Nagumo Miyabi, student council vice president. He's a sly fox to be honest but he has some sort of one sided rivalry with the president. Actually it's getting pretty creepy overtime"

"Nagumo huh, why is it one sided"

"You know how the president control the school to a certain extent? Well nagumo here doesn't like how Horikita do things. He wants to establish some sort of 'meritocratic' system"

So basically these Nagumo guy has the opposite opinion from the president

"Why Kohai-kun, are you interested in the Student Council?" Senpai asked me

"Well yes, but actually no. It is interesting but it's too much trouble for me"

"Looks like we have the same opinion kohai Kun"

"Senpai if you won't mind, can I ask more about the student council? For Future reference" she looked at me and grinned

"Well since you are my favorite kohai, sure, I'll tell you some of the things I know"

While eating our lunch, Kiryuuin senpai told me how the SC work. She also told me about some of its members. Information is very important, that's why I need it. Since the student council knows about me, I need to prepare Incase the unexpected happen.

At first, I thought I would regret coming in to terms with Kiryuuin senpai. I thought that she would be troublesome. Well she is to a certain extent, but not as much as I thought it would be. In fact, it's kinda fun.
___________________________________________

After lunch I bid farewell to senpai. I came back to the classroom a little late than usual. Since most of them were already there, I somehow felt a little tension in the atmosphere.

As soon as I sat down, Hirata went to the Teachers podium. 'was he waiting for me?'

"Guys can you listen to me for a bit" he said that loud enough for everyone to hear.
The others only looked at him signalling to continue

"Okay so some of you were not around when the 'incident' happened earlier so I understand if you won't understand what I'm getting at. There's also a little time left before homeroom start. But I'll still say this; can you please pay attention to sensei during homeroom, and I mean no using of phones, reading and especially sleeping"

Hirata was dead serious when he said this.
While the others who weren't guilty shrugged it off like it was an obvious thing to do.

The other student, specifically Ike, Yamauchi and Sudō voiced out there opinion

"Huh! The teacher didn't point this out so why would we listen to you?" Ike was the first to shout

"Yeah! And what do you mean 'incident'!" Yamauchi followed Ike's lead

"Well do what we want, don't try to order us"
Sudo... Well this was expected

This three, Sudō, Ike and Yamauchi... 3 idiots for short, shouted there opinion to Hirata not caring what the others would think of them

"Oi! Don't shout at Hirata-kun!"
"Yeah, what Hirata-kuns saying is right"

Voices from the 'Hirata Fanclub' opposed the '3 idiots'... This is war.

"It's okay girls, but atleast consider what I said, there might be so e penalty when this goes on" Hirata spoke calming his fanclub

"Huh! What do you me-" before Ike could continue, he was interrupted by Chabashira sensei entering the classroom

"Everyone quite down, homeroom is about to begin"

Everyone, went back to there seats. And soon, homeroom started.

While 65% percent of my classmates, considered Hirata's suggestions. The remaining 35% didn't take it to heart at all.
And obviously since this was sa sudden change, 15% of the 65% group, went back to there old habits. At the end of the day, only half of our class actually paid attention to the teacher. 'sigh'

Word Count: 9019

Well this was pretty long. Well I am enjoying it so it's pretty worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 12.4K 59
A Boy who is born with one blue eyes.His one eye is Blue & another one is dark brown.His life wasn't easy ,he was in dark ,this world made him heartl...
148K 3.9K 47
TAEKOOK STORY TOP : JUNGKOOK BOTTOM : TAEHYUNG In this story taehyung was purchased by biggest multi billionaire jeon jungkook rude cruel Taehyun...
630K 8.1K 42
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...
249K 5.5K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.