Red Dead Redemption 2 (Arthur...

By LayceJ25

After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang... More

Colter
The Aftermath of Genesis
Eastward Bound
Horseshoe Overlook
Polite Society, Valentine Style
The Spines of America
Pouring Forth Oil
A Fisher of Men
A Strange Kindness
Clemens Point
The Course of True Love
An Honest Mistake
Magicians for Sport
Blessed Are The Peacemakers
Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern
Saint Denis
Angelo Bronte, A Man Of Honor
The Gilded Cage
Horsemen, Apocalypses
Revenge Is A Dish Best Eaten
Banking, the Old American Art
Guarma
Fatherhood And Other Dreams
Paradise Mercifully Departed
Fleeting Joy
That's Murfee Country
Visiting Hours
Goodbye, Dear Friend
Archeology For Beginners
The Bridge To Nowhere
My Last Boy
Red Dead Redemption
A New Life
A Tempting Offer
Skinner Brothers
Reunion
American Venom

A Quiet Time

3.3K 97 40
By LayceJ25

Uncle steers the wagon back at Horseshoe Overlook and stops once it makes it into the camp. The girls and Uncle get off of the wagon but Mary-Beth stops (y/n) for a second. "You know...whatever goes on between you and Arthur....I still think you'd be better for him than Mary." She said and (y/n) raises an eyebrow at her.

"Who's Mary?" She asked and Mary-Beth's eyes widen. "You don't know about Mary?" She asked. "No. He never really talks about his past with me....and I've never pushed it." (Y/n) said and Karen scoffs. "Mary's like Molly. Too high and mighty to be around us misfits." She grumbles as she and Tilly walk off. "Not as bad but...close."

(Y/n) watches them leave, confused, before she turns to Mary-Beth. "Years ago, Mary and Arthur were together and they were gonna get married...." Mary-Beth explained and (y/n)'s eyes widen at this, shocked. "But...from what I understand...she ended it." 

"Why?" (Y/n) asked, curiously. "Something about how she didn't like the way he lived." Mary-Beth replied and (y/n) frowned. "He was heartbroken after that. I don't think I've ever seen him be sweet on anyone since then...that is..until he met you." Mary-Beth said and (y/n) blushes at this.

"You know I would never hurt him." (Y/n) said to her and Mary-Beth nods. "Of course." She said. The two girls share a smile before (y/n) turns back to the wagon and starts to pick up the groceries. "Here, I'll help." Mary-Beth said as she goes to pick up another bag. "Thank you, Mary-Beth." (Y/n) said, grateful, and the two girls take the food over to Mr Pearson, who thanked them.

(Y/n) goes over and sees Annebeth playing with Jack with some sticks they found. She smiles as she watches over them until she hears a noise and turns to see that Arthur had returned. As she turns to look at him, she started to smile and felt her heart beat harder. It seemed he felt her gaze as he raises his head a bit and looks right at her. 

He smiles back and started to walk towards her but Bill and Dutch stop him. She couldn't hear what they were talking about but knew it had to be important if Dutch was talking to him. Arthur turns his head to look at her, she could tell that he didn't want to deal with whatever Bill and Dutch wanted to do but she sighs and jerks her head towards the men as if to say if you must.

He frowned but follows the men off towards the edge of camp where they had that O'Driscoll tied up to a tree. She sighs then turns back to the kids as they used the sticks as swords and pretend to fight.

"I gotcha!" Jack exclaims as he and Annebeth kept smacking their sticks together, Annebeth giggles a bit. "Jack, be careful." Abigail calls out as the two kids started to get a bit rough. But then Jack swings his stick sideways and hits Annebeth on the side of her head. 

Annabeth let’s out a small "Ow!" (Y/n) and Abigail were about to go and check on her until, to their surprise, Annabeth was unfazed from the hit and she says. "I’m okay." Before continuing to play as if nothing happened.

(Y/n) had a small heart-attack for a moment but let out a sigh of relief when Annebeth shrugged off the pain. She shakes her head as the two kids continued to play. "She's a tough one." Abigail said and (y/n) nods. "Just like her mama." Abigail said, smiling, as she nudges (y/n)'s shoulder, which made (y/n) laugh.

"I don't know about that..." (y/n) said. "Oh , c'mon, (y/n), you're the toughest woman I know. With everything you've been through..." Abigail said and (y/n) chuckles. "I'm just a mother who's trying to keep her daughter safe. That's all." (Y/n) said.

At that moment, they hear Arthur yelling for John and Bill as he and the O'Driscoll walk towards the horses. "John, Bill, come here…we got a social call needs making." He yells. (Y/n) watches him and he looks over at her for a moment, smiles then mounts his horse.

Abigail notices who she is looking at and smiles. “You know, I never seen him smile like this until you and Annabeth came along." She said and the smile disappears from (y/n)'s face. "I'm sure it's nothing." (Y/n) said. Abigail scoffs and says. "Oh, (y/n)...you can't be that stupid. I've seen that look on his face once he's talking to you. It's a look John used to give me before he became a right ol' bastard."

(y/n) bites her lips and Abigail smiles again before she says. "Everyone in camp can tell you two are sweet on each other but you two are too stubborn to say anything." 

“I know that, but the thing is...” (y/n) stops and sighs. “What is it, hun?” Abigail asked her, worried. “What if he don’t want to be part of Annabeth's life? I mean, her father left right after she was born. What if Arthur isn’t ready for that? I don’t wanna pressure him to do so.” (Y/n) confessed. "Then you should talk to him." Abigail said and (y/n) wrings her hands before she nods.

The day goes on as (y/n) starts to do some chores around the camp when John, Bill and Arthur return with Kieran. Unfortunately, Colm was not at the hideout Kieran told them but he saved Arthur's life during a shootout with some of the O'Driscoll's.

Maybe the O'Driscoll isn't as bad as we thought. (y/n) thinks when Arthur starts to walk over to her. "So...an O'Driscoll saved your life?" She asked him. "Yeah...we don't have to kill him....for now at least." Arthur said and (y/n) giggles and shakes her head.

The two stare at each other and (y/n) feels her face heat up before she looks down. "Everything alright?" Arthur asked, concerned. (Y/n) looks up into his blue eyes and says. "Arthur, can we talk?"

"Sure." Arthur said, nodding, as he takes a couple steps closer to her. She looks up at him and noticed he seemed a bit nervous as his eyes dart over her face. "I-I wanted to talk...about us...about this...whatever is happening between us..." she said. "I'm listening." He replied but before she could say anything another voice speaks up.

"Mr. Morgan." Miss Grimshaw calls out and the two turn to her. "Yes, Miss Grimshaw?" Arthur said as she walks up to them. "Mr. Matthews gave me a message for you, he said when it was convenient to head into Emerald Ranch. He's looking at a few business things there." She replied. "Okay." Arthur said and Miss Grimshaw looks between the two.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted something. I'll just leave you two be. You two be well." Grimshaw said and she walks away as (y/n) shakes her head. 

"Anyway, you were saying..." Arthur said as he turns his attention back to (y/n). (Y/n) tucks a strand of loose hair behind her ear before she speaks. "I'm just gonna come out and say it...I care a great deal about you, Arthur. And I can't help but feel this...thing between us. I've been informed that everyone here can see that there's something between us and I have to know how you feel." She said as Arthur watches her.

"I know you've said that you're a bad man but...since I've known ya, you've been nothing but kind and good towards me. And to Annebeth." She said. "If it wasn't for you, Dutch and Hosea...who knows where Annebeth and I would be." 

Arthur gives her a concerned look as she looks back at him with her (e/c) eyes, which were shining with worry and concern. 
"You know...ever since that day I met you, I've felt this...feeling towards you. I couldn't quite place it." He stops then sighs. "I don't know...I'm not really good at this." said Arthur as he runs his hand on the back of his neck.

"Just say what comes to mind." (Y/n) says, calmly, and Arthur looks back into her eyes. "I thought...I'd never feel something like this again. I've had before and it didn't end well. It harden me. Just stuck with the gang." Arthur explained as (y/n) listens, intently. "But when we found you and Annebeth, I just had this instinct to protect you two. I thought it was just because I felt bad about what happened to your parents but now...I'm starting to think there's more to it."

"Oh, Arthur." She whispers as he reaches out, takes her hand in his and clasps her hand between both of his hands, holding them. The two stare into each other eyes before Arthur goes to cup her face with his rough, calloused hands. He strokes her cheek with his thumb before the two start to lean into each other.

Both of them felt their hearts beating hard against their chests as they lean in closer. (Y/n) closes her eyes just as she felt Arthur's breath on her face and seconds later, felt his lips touch hers. She smiled within the kiss and kissed Arthur back as their lips move in sync.

It felt like time had stop for the both of them and nothing else mattered except for this one moment.

They pull apart and Arthur gives a small smirk while (y/n) giggles. They step back from the embrace but Arthur still holds her hand. But before they can say anything else, they hear footsteps and the two turn to see Dutch and Molly walking up to them.

"Well, it feels like we are finally getting back on our feet." Dutch said, loudly, as they come up to them and Arthur let's go of (y/n)'s hand. "You find a buyer for them bonds we stole?" Arthur asked him, feeling a bit annoyed of being interrupted again. "Not yet, but Hosea's working on it." Dutch replied.

"When we heading west?" (Y/n) asked him. "Soon. I don't know." Dutch replied, shrugging. "Feels like…things have changed. The whole world has changed. That they don't want folk like us no more. We're being hunted." Arthur said, a bit of disappointment in his voice.

"We are smarter than them. Only the feeblest of men take jobs in the government." Dutch assures him and Arthur laughs. "I hope so." he said. "Trust Dutch, Mr. Morgan. You have to." Molly said and (y/n) was about to speak up but then Lenny comes running in.

"Dutch…Arthur…They got Micah." He exclaims, quickly, as he runs up to them. "What's going on?" Dutch asked as Lenny stops in front of them. "They got Micah. He, he's been arrested for murder. He was in Strawberry and…" Lenny said, taking deep breathes in between his words.

"It's okay, son. Breathe…" Dutch said, calmly, as Lenny braces his hands on his knees and takes a breath. "They nearly lynched me. They…they got Micah in the sheriff's in Strawberry…and there's talk of hanging him." Lenny explains, slowly.

"Here's hoping." Arthur said and (y/n) smiles and nods with him. "Arthur." Dutch said in a disappointing voice as he turns to him. "What? That fool brought this on himself. You know my feelings about him, Dutch." Arthur said. "You think I can't see past his bluster to the heart inside? He is a fine man." Dutch said and Arthur shakes his head.

"No, I ain't saving that fool." Arthur said, firmly. "I can't go. My face will be all over West Elizabeth. I am asking. He would do it for you." Dutch said and (y/n) scoffs at this. "I don't think he would, but…fine, alright." Arthur grumbles as (y/n) turns to Lenny.

"You okay, Lenny?" She asked, concerned. "Yeah, course I'm okay." He replied and she gives a sympathetic look. "You don't seem okay." She said as Dutch turns to Arthur. "You take that kid into town. Valentine, not Strawberry…get him drunk…and Arthur…no crazy business." He said. "I've given that up." Arthur said to him. "And you get Micah out of that jail." Dutch calls out as Arthur goes over to Lenny.

"Come on, son." he tells Lenny then he turns his head towards Dutch. "I'll get to it, Dutch." he shouts the mutters. "Just…can't drop everything."

Lenny and Arthur head over to their horses while (y/n) walks up next to them. "You boys be careful." She said to them. "I'll try." Arthur said before (y/n) shakes her head then leans up and kissed his cheek. "Whenever you're done having fun, I'll come with you to Emerald Ranch." She said. "Sure." He said before he places a kiss on her forehead. She smiles at him as he and Lenny mount their horses.

"I rode as fast as I could. Didn't stop for nothing." he tells Arthur. "You look like you've been through it." Arthur said as they leave the camp. "I'm beat…We finally got off that mountain, then this…Micah's got a crazy side, Arthur." Lenny said.

"What were you boys doing? You're supposed to be scouting ahead for us." Arthur said, curiously. "I kept asking him what we was doing, but he was you worry too much, kid, just some business to attend to, kid…you know how he is." Lenny said. "Yes I do." Arthur agrees.

"He was half soaked before we even got there. Then we ran into some fellers, one of them Micah knew, drank some more…and this is supposed to be a dry town we're in too." Lenny explains. "And then he shoots one of them…I know how that goes." Arthur said, annoyed.

"Couldn't even tell ya quite how. It happened like the strike of a match. The law was on us fast too…They was ready to string me up there and then but I got away, just about." said Lenny. "You're alright now. We'll take care of it." Arthur assures him.

"So you're gonna go get him? I'll come with you." Lenny said. "No, you leave it to me. For now, let's drink something, forget about Micah." said Arthur as they get closer to Valentine. "It was drink that started all this." Lenny points out. "We'll just have a couple, settle you down, then head back, okay?" Arthur said. "Okay." Lenny said as they get into Valentine.

"Now…I should warn you, me and a couple of the other boys got in a bit of a fight last time we was here." Arthur admits and Lenny turns to him. "What kind of fight?" He asked, his eyebrow raised. "Nothing big, we kept it clean. We're all good." Arthur said. "If you say so, Arthur." Lenny said and they make their way to the saloon. 

"Here we are." Arthur said as they dismount their horses and enter the saloon. "Just one or two…right, Arthur?" Lenny asked, suspiciously. "Course, just a drink…no big drama." Arthur said as they walk up to the bartender.

"Can we get a couple of beers, please?" he asked the bartender. "You! I don't want no trouble." The bartender said as he points at Arthur. "And you'll get none from me…I was defending myself." Arthur said.

"Tommy, he's…"

"He'll be fine. Here, have one for yourself." Arthur said and he hands him a coin to the bartender. The bartender walks away to get their drinks while Lenny turns to Arthur. "Micah seemed to know a lot of people…that was the problem." He said. "How you mean?" Arthur asked him. "I mean, I done seen a lot of crazy, crazy stuff, but Micah…." Lenny started to explain but then a drunk patron next to them said, mimicking Lenny. "I seen a lot of crazy, crazy stuff."

"Will you shut up?" Arthur asked the man.

"Will you shut up?" The patron mimicked back.

"Be quiet, buddy." Arthur warned him and the patron begins to laugh. "They're dullards. My Lord…you men is dull…" he laughs. "Leave this fool alone." Lenny tells Arthur.

"Leave the fool alone. People been leaving me alone for the last ten years. I'm bored with being left alone." The patron laughs and Arthur was starting to feel annoyed and angry at the man but he swallows his rage and turns to the man.

"Listen, buddy…you're a charming fellow…one of the best. But me and the kid here, we're trying to talk business, so, could you…possibly leave us alone? No offense intended." He tells the man, who looked a bit offended at this. "Ain't no pleasing some folk. I was, just…trying to be friendly." The man said as he leaves and Arthur and Lenny get their drinks and began to drink, and drink, and drink....and drink.

At one point, Arthur was very tipsy and he begins to laugh as the pianist was playing a song. "That's great, partner." He said as he pats the piano and turns around to see that Lenny was gone. "Lenny, where are you?" He calls out as he heads over the stairs. He asked a couple of people until he heard Lenny say. "Hello, Arthur."

He turns and sees Lenny on one side of the building, balancing a bottle on his head. "What are you doing, kid?" Arthur asked Lenny as he comes up to him. "You know what, I don't know." Lenny said but then he drops the bottle. Both of them go to grab it but it crashes down and then the two began to laugh.

"Well, why ain't you never married?" Lenny asked Arthur some time later as they continue to drink. Arthur stops and looks down at his bottle. "No one would have me." He said. "What about (y/n)? You two seem sweet on each other." Lenny said and Arthur can't help but smile upon hearing her name.

Even in his drunken haze, the thought of (y/n) always makes him smile. He started to think over their conversation earlier and the kiss, which he couldn't help but smile like a fool at.

"I don't know....maybe one day..." he mumbles and Lenny laughs a bit at this. "You'd be one lucky guy if you married her! She's a great gal!" Lenny exclaims. "Yeah..." Arthur mutters as he goes to sip his beer again.

They drink some more and, after jumping up and down like a chicken trying to fly, the men get to talking again. "That's the thing you see, 'cause it…" Arthur started to say but he turns and sees Lenny is gone.

"Lenny? Lenny!" he calls out as he walks around the balcony. "Get away from me!" He hears Lenny shout. "Lenny!" Arthur shouts and he looks down to see Lenny standing on the bar fighting with a couple of patrons.

"Slippery little shit, ain't he?"

"Come here, boy…come here."

"Leave the kid alone, you damn animals…" Arthur yells as he makes his way down the stairs. The men stop and turn to him. "Who do you think you're talking to?" One of them asked, angrily. "Nobody…I'm talking to nobody…" Arthur said, drunkenly.

"What did you say?" The man asked Arthur, angrily.

"What?" Arthur shouts.

"I said, what did you say?" The man asked him as they get closer to each other. "Get lost, buddy." Arthur said as he shoves the man in front of him. "Shut up, mister!" One of the men said and Arthur begins to grab one of them.

But then they all proceed to do the can-can, all of them completely drunk. Minutes later, Arthur goes to take a piss at the back of the saloon until he finished and heads back inside.

"Lenny? Lenny?! LENNNYYYY!!" Arthur shouts, drunkenly, as he roams around the saloon to find his friend. "Lenny…you…bastard!" He shouts and he goes around the saloon, thinking he has found his friend but the patrons would tell him no or dismiss him.

"Lenny, where you hiding now? Oh Lenny! Lenny!" Arthur shouts until Lenny grabs him and turns him to face him. "Arthur, Arthur, what are you doing?" Lenny asked him until Arthur slaps him. Lenny is taken aback by this but then he laughs and slaps back, turning it to a slapping contest.

"You…you're a…you're a good friend to me, Arthur." Lenny said as they go and take another drink, later on in the night. "Shut up…Cheers." Arthur said and he goes to take a drink from his glass when someone bumped into him.

He turns and sees it's the man who was mimicking them earlier. "Not you again." Arthur growl and he grab the man, takes him outside and tries to drown him in the trough, but the man was able to get away.

The drunken fun continues as Lenny and Arthur laugh and fall onto the ground. Until the lawmen arrive and one of them grabs Lenny. "I got him…I got the bastard." One of the officers said then the Deputy turns to Arthur. "Come here, you drunk fool." he shouts them Arthur begins to run away.

"Never! You'll never take me alive!" Arthur yells as he runs through the the back alleys. "You…stop right now, you drunken fool." One of the officers said as they try to grab Arthur but he dodges them and runs towards a fence. "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!" Arthur shouts, drunkenly, and jumps the fence, getting away from the law.

The next morning, Arthur groans as he wakes up then he looks around and sees he is in the middle of nowhere. "Oh, you moron, Morgan…You moron…not again." He groans as the hangover hit him pretty hard. He goes to stand up but then he vomits.

"This is turning into one of them days." He mumbles as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "Well that's a site to behold." A female voice said. He turns around and sees (y/n) on her horse, trotting up to him. "Ugh...how did you find me?" He asked her as he runs his hands over his eyes.

"I was actually heading towards Emerald Ranch to help Hosea." She said. "And then I happened to come across you."

"Where's Lenny?" Arthur asked as he walks up to her. "He's at the camp. He said he got arrested and told us, you somehow got away. I figured I was gonna find you at Emerald Ranch." She replied. He shakes his head and walks up next to her.

"Can I ride with ya?" He asked and (y/n) gives him a worried look. "You sure? Don't you want to head back to camp?" She asked him, concerned. "Or go get Micah?" She said with a look of disgust. "Nah, I'm alright. Micah can wait a bit longer. I'll come with ya." He said. "Alright." She said, smiling, and he mounts up and sits behind her.

"We do still have a bit of a ride." She informs. "That's okay, I'll just rest here..." Arthur said and he leans his head against her back. "...and feel sorry for myself." He mumbles as he closes his eyes. (Y/n) shakes her head at this but chuckles and smiles before she flicks the reigns and gets her horse to head to the ranch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 664 19
COMPLETED!!✔️ This is an Arthur Morgan X reader story, with you as the main character. You work as a brothel lady in the town called Valentine, and y...
96.9K 2.9K 51
You own a saloon in a town you wish to leave for good. One day, a group of outlaws decides to settle nearby. You decide to use them to your advantage...
195 19 11
Kate McCanon, a young widow from the north, meets outlaw Arthur Morgan. When the two cross paths she discovers a complex man wrestling with his own s...
206K 6.2K 47
Arthur Morgan, a crucial gunslinger of the Van der Linde Gang, joins in on the usual coach robbery, when suddenly, unexpected guests drop by. All b...