[1] πŠπˆππ†πƒπŽπŒ π‚πŽπŒπ„ ―...

By infantwomanro

when will her π™ π™žπ™£π™œπ™™π™€π™’ π™˜π™€π™’π™š ? (really... she's getting impatient !) (percy jackson x fem! oc) (som... More

πŠπˆππ†πƒπŽπŒ π‚πŽπŒπ„.
πŒπˆπ—π“π€ππ„.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„.
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ.
001.
002.
003.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
017.
018.
π„ππˆπ‹πŽπ†π”π„.
BONUS CHAPTER 001.
BONUS CHAPTER 002.
π€π”π“π‡πŽπ‘π’ ππŽπ“π„.
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 π“π–πŽ 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑.

004.

4.9K 288 652
By infantwomanro

004. uncle apollo is the wine stepmom (if that makes sense)

CADIE HAD never met lord apollo before. but from the words spoken by artemis, she'd decided he thought of her as family. which was kind of strange- but she didn't question it. if he was anything like his children, she believed she wouldn't hate him that much. though generally, cadie didn't hate the gods- because the phrase and thought in itself was practically signing a death wish. and sure, cadie was going to die- but she rather liked living as long as her fate allowed, thank you very much. the gods were strange, fate was even stranger. but one thing cadie knew for sure was that she was tired and she wanted sleep.

she didn't know how long it would be until she got it, though. because although artemis had assured them all that dawn was coming, it hardly looked like that. still bitter cold, the sense of lost laid waste the harsh cold air. it was colder and darker, snowier than ever. she shivered, her cardigan doing nothing for her. air rushed around like it was doing a fast jig around them, she suspected the wind gods must've been enjoying themselves. her eyes felt dry- like they might freeze open. her fingers were cold, her cheeks were probably past bright red.

it was so cold now that cadie almost felt warm. the weird and odd feeling that she didn't like. after staying outside for so long, her body had stopped freezing and was pushing her into a false sense of warmth. she wondered how they hadn't got hypothermia yet.

she let out a little weak whimper from the cold. she huddled closer to her friends, looking around. upp on the hill, westover hall's windows were completely lightless. she wondered if any of the teacher has even noticed the di angelos and dr thorn were missing. with the luck they had, mrs gottschalk would remember their names only and they'd be in some big legal issues. not like percy hadn't experienced that before- perhaps he could give her pointers on how to not died and stuff such as that.

the hunters broke camp as quickly as they'd set it up. she heard shuffling from beside her, and she saw percy step closer to her- tingles shooting through her body. shut up, she snapped to herself. percy's trying to explain what happened. it wasn't her fault annabeth's weird words had stuck with her. not at all, if anything- this was not her fault. had she said that already? well, it wasn't her fault. she didn't mean to think like that.

grover let out a nervous bleat as percy finished recounting everything. "the last time the hunters visited camp, it didn't go well."

"how'd they even show up here?" percy wondered, "i mean they just appeared out of nowhere."

"and bianca joined them," thalia said in a disgusted tone, "it's all zoë's fault. that stuck-up, no good, little fucking-"

"who can blame her?" grover said, "eternity with artemis?" he heaved a big sigh.

thalia rolled her eyes, "you satyrs. you're all in love with artemis. don't you get that she'll hever love you back?"

"but she's so... into nature," swooned grover.

thalia made a 'blegh' sound and scoffed, "you're nuts."

grover let out a little dreamy sigh, "yeah... nuts and berries."

there was silence for a moment before thalia let out a frustrated huff and stomped her foot, shivering immediately after, "it's so dumb! and now she wants to recruit cadie? are you kidding me?! and she's acting so weird- why'd she call you delphi- whatever it was... it's creepy... that's not you!"

percy and cadie gave each other a few side glances. they... well they'd both been busy. cadie had gone back to mortal school- thankfully she hadn't blown it up yet or anything too terrible. accidentally charmed a fire by playing the violin a bit too quickly but they'd assumed it had been a mishap from the chemistry block. but neither of them had really explained, or even taken the time to explain, cadie's prophecy. or fate.

it wasn't like cadie openly just walked up to people either and said oh hey i'm gonna die soon- ahah, pass the hot sauce? for one- fake pity just spread through the faces of those who she tells. a list of i'm so sorry spills out of their mouth. which is dumb- unless you were the one who cursed cadie and her past lives, why would you be apollogising? and for another thing, she was bad at communicating. it took her a life-and-death situation with percy and annabeth to start acting like friends and it took years for her to be comfortable admitting things to lilly and cam (and well, there was also the fact they experienced first hand her prophecy).

"about that..." percy sheepishly said.

"remember when i said i was weird?" cadie blurted out, looking at thalia, "gods, i really wish i didn't have to say this now. it's an odd and funky time. but like..." she stared at grover, "hold on, did i tell you as well?"

"empathy link," grover responded sheepishly, rushing out quickly- "percy never meant to tell me! we kinda accidentally shared a thought. guy was sitting real close and the thought kinda flowed from his brain to mine. cadie i'm-"

"it's alright," she cut in, "makes it... easier? it's harder telling two people. also, last time i did that i got really mad before. so.... no repeats?"

it was silent. perhaps they agreed with her.

she took in a shaky little breath, letting out a nervous laugh, "i... so i die sixteen days after i turn sixteen."

dead silence.

"well," she rambled, "theoretically, the prophecy basically states my life caps at sixteen days after i turn sixteen. but i could die after any time i turn sixteen. maybe before- probably not. but others... they'd died minutes after singing the death song. the longest somebody held out was... a month? then the day they turned sixteen they died."

more silence.

"and i mean it's cool and all- i just try... not think about it," she rushed out, "it's not that bad when you try just focus on camp and friends and stuff like that. it's cool!" she laughed, "sorry- no, uh. just... try not think about that? i have past lives- uh all same parentage of me. it's a possibility that zoë might have known a past version of myself..." she trailed off, hoping thalia wouldn't be too horrified.

"so it's like avatar? but with memories?"

cadie let out a bright little laugh- perhaps it brought some sort of sun to the dark situation. "...yeah." she shook her head, smiling slightly, "exactly like that."

"and you thought i'd be creeped out?" thalia ventured, she shook her head, "me and percy potentially are the people in the great prophecy. a little destined to die isn't so strange for me."

cadie smiled. at least not everything was going to shit right now.

suddenly, she heard a curse from behind her, a golden slither on her back. she turned, a shimmering gold glossed across the sky slowly.

"about time." grumbled artemis, "he's so lazy during the winter."

it seemed apollo had arrived.

when the sky started to lighten, cadie found herself too. of course the weight of annabeth's disappearance (she chose to think of it like that instead of death) was still there- but after telling thalia about her prophecy... she felt a bit more freer, in a sense. the tips of her fingers began to properly warm up, she felt like she was defrosting, in a sense. she started to shiver less. and from what she could see- the sky was glorious. she'd never seen the sunrise properly... not in this sense. only ever sunset. the sky was painted with golds and pinks- the dark night fading to a light blue. stars glistened, clouds shining a kaleidoscope of colours.

it was weird to think apollo was the sun god. mainly because science and mythical lore contradicted greatly. science told cadie many things. evaluation... natural selection. a lot of things. but the most important thing, in her opinion for the current situation, was the sun. as far as she knew from whatever little bits of physics class she listened to was that the sun was a star millions if not billions of miles away from earth. it sent uv light or... well- she wasn't sure, okay? could you blame her when there was annoying melody in her mind that she couldn't find the exact notes for? no, didn't think so.

but that was besides the point. because, well. she'd obviously heard the legends about apollo or helios, driving a big sun chariot across the sky. but cadie tended not to think of the gods and science at the same time. too much of a spiral, way too confusing.

"it's not exactly as you think," artemis said, seeming to not only read cadie's mind but also percy's perplexed one too.

percy let out a sigh of relief, starting to relax, "oh. okay... so it's not like he'll be pulling up in a-"

suddenly, there was a burst of light on the horizon, blinding white that bounced across the clouds. it blended seamlessly with the pinks, reducing it to just...brightness and a blast of warmth.

"don't look," artemis advised, "not until he parks, that is."

parks?

cadie shielded her eyes, along with the other kids who were doing the same. the light and warmth intensified until she felt like she'd been standing in the sun for hours- her little cardigan feeling a bit too warm for her now. the loud burst of light to her senses halted after a few seconds, though the warm feeling didn't die with it.

she opened her eyes and had to quickly do a double take. she couldn't believe it, honestly. it was a car- a fucking gorgeous car. not as gorgeous and charming as her beetle car, of course not. she loved her baby to bits. but this car was mesmerising. glowing like it was made of molten metal, snow around it melting in a perfect circle. a little bit of water landed on the car and a satisfying little sizzle was heard.

cadie thought she might weep with joy.

then, the driver got out, smiling. he looked around seventeen or eighteen. and for a second, she thought it was luke. though that thought did quickly die. this guy had the same sandy hair and the whole outdoors vibe. freckles littered his face like constellations (ironic since this was apollo). bright blue eyes like a clear summers sky, athletic build like he'd been running track since he was a kid. dressed in a sunny-side-up coloured t-shirt with frayed blue jeans, he looked like a walking sunshine. which made sense, kinda.

"wow," thalia muttered, "apollo is hot."

cadie scrunched her nose up- not in her opinion. though she'd never say that to the god. she really wasn't looking to get smited today or... any day.

"he's the sun god," percy said.

"that's not what i meant."

"little sister!" grinned apollo- his smile challenging the brightness of the sun (though since his car was the sun was his smile brighter than a car? ...too confusing). "what's up? you never call. you never write. i was getting worried!"

artemis sighed, "i'm fine, apollo. and i am not your little sister."

"hey," shrugged apollo in a good-natured manner, "i was born first."

she could see where the apollo kids got it all from. not that she was arguing, they were a blast.

"we're twins! how many millennia do we have to argue-"

"so what's up?" he interrupted, "got the rest of the team with you. how y'all doin'?" he grinned at them, and cadie resisted the urge to roll her eyes. was he sleazy? no thank you. "up for a competition of archery? want to settle the score with you guys."

...maybe not sleazy. good, she didn't want a funky sort of perv guy as her so called 'uncle'. though wouldn't it be god-uncle? were those things?

artemis scoffed, gritting her teeth, "i need a favour. i have some hunting to do, alone. i need you to take my companiansto camp half-blood."

"sure, sis!" he nodded. then, he raised his hands in a stop everything gesture. (she saw where they got their dramatics too). "i feel a haiku coming on."

the hunters let out a collective groan. apparently they'd all met apollo before.

he cleared his throat and held up one hand dramatically. "green grass breaks through snow. artemis pleads for my help. i am so cool."

he grinned at them all, waiting for applause.

he was met by silence.

"that last line was only four syllables," artemis said.

apollo frowned, "what do you mean? ...was it?"

"yes, what about i am so big-headed?" suggested artemis sarcastically, raising a taunting brow in the direction of apollo.

"no, no." apollo spoke, shaking his head, "that's six syllables. hmm..." he started muttering to himself, looking quite insane as he did so.

zoë turned to them, a small bittersweet smile directed to cadie. "lord apollo has been going through this... haiku phase ever since he visited japan. 'tis not as bad as the time he visited limerick. if i had to hear one more poem that started with- there once was a goddess from sparta-"

"i've got it!" proclaimed apollo happily, "i am so awesome. that's five syllables!"

he bowed, looking very pleased with himself on the matter. "and now, artie-" was that a nickname?

"never call me that again-"

"anyways, artie. transport. for the hunters, you say?" he let out a little laugh, "good timing, if i'm honest with you. i was just about ready to roll."

"these demigods will also need a ride," artemis pointed in their general direction, "some of chiron's campes."

"no problem!" grinned apollo.

and before cadie could even stop herself, her impulse took over as she blurted out quickly, "your car is fucking awesome, dude."

yeah- she'd say her first meeting with apollo was going a-okay.

surprise you guys, she didn't get blasted to bits. score one for cadie, maybe? (that rhymed! hah! who's the god of rhymes now? ... well, still  apollo- but you get the point, okay?) that was beside the point, sort of. she clapped her hands across her mouth, eyes wide as she stared at the others as if to say oh my fuck i just said that- didn't i? and then she let out a little weak gasp. because she just swore in front of a god. afterwards, looking back, she wondered why she hadn't been killed on the spot- or turned into a jackalope, or whatever animal a deity would have turned a dumb demigod into.

apollo let out a laugh, "well... thank you." his eyes widened, "you're cadencia, are you not? cadie?"

she looked down, "uh. yeah, that's me."

"my niece!" he called with glee, "well- not really. but not no either. your mom says hi, by the way. last i saw her she was in vienna somewhere. but she and her sisters are having a hoot. oh my gods look at you!" he gushed over her like he was her supportive uncle. "you've grown since the last time i saw you! haven't seen your new form since the 90's in wicklow! no ginger hair this time!"

"um...?"

"'course i haven't seen bellamy since..." he winced, looking sort of sad, "well- you know. hope she's said hello in your lil' noggin. but hi there! i'm apollo-"

"i, uh, know that. lord apollo."

"nonsense!" he scoffed, "i'm uncle apollo to you. i don't just visit all your former lives and not get familial title like uncle. hasn't artemis asked you to call her auntie artie-?"

"speak those words again and i'll set my hunters on you, apollo." threatened artemis.

"um, no.... uncle apollo?" she said it more as a question, really. this was new.

"there you go! took elizabeth months to call me anything short of his lordship apollo, god of the sun and whatever she said next." he let out a wistful sigh, his mind seemed a bit scattered, "how is good ol' lizzie?"

"uh... like the english queen?" spoke up percy, terribly confused.

past life, mouthed cadie.

"no- though i haven't talked to liz in a long time," mused apollo, "no- good ol' lizzie with her auburn hair. didn't like me too much to begin with. then i introduced her to that boy, per-"

"don't you want to meet the others, uncle apollo?" cadie squeaked out.

"hm?" apollo responded, looking a bit scatter-brained, "oh yes! let's see... you're thalia, right? i've heard all about you."

moving from confusion to blushing very quickly, thalia managed a weak, "hi lord apollo."

"zeus' daughter, right? used to be a tree, didn't you? glad you're back. i hate it when people get turned into trees. man, i remember this one time-"

"brother," snapped artemis, raising a brow at him. more so in a what am i going to do with you? kind of look than anything. "you should get going."

"oh, right." then he looked at percy, his eyes narrowed. "percy jackson?"

"yeah. i mean... yes, sir."

apollo studied him, but didn't say anything. instead, sending a wink at cadie. a wink. did this guy know something?

"stop being childish, apollo." chastised artemis, "you cannot pull the strings of fate to your will."

"oh but 'dite would be over the... sun at my meddling," grumbled apollo. "no matter! we better load up, huh? ride only goes one way: west. and if you miss it, you miss it."

"cool car," nico piped in, not as enthusiastic as cadie had been. (she was still surprised she hadn't been smited).

"thanks, little guy," nodded apollo.

"but how's it gonna fit us all in?"

"oh," apollo frowned, seeming to notice the problem for the first time. "oh yeah- well. i hate to change it out of sports-car mode. but i suppose..." he took out his car keys and beeped the security alarm button.

for a moment, the car glowed brightly again. but when the glare died, the maserati had been replaced with one of those small buses just like cadie had seen people from her school get on for school basketball games.

"right," apollo said, "everybody in."

soon, zoë was ordering the hunters to start loading. and cadie, seeing how much there was to do, tried helping them. it didn't go down well, by the way. she'd only lifted up one little camping pack when apollo snatched it up.

"cadie," he frowned, "you've gotta be tired. and a bit out of it from the singing. let me and the ass-kickers take this."

"but, lord-"

"uncle."

"i... i'm okay," she muttered. it was weird. her and her dad were sort of close- she had a good family life. her step-mom was as good as a step-mom could be. not a replacement of whatever mom she would've had if she were born different. but good enough of one. but an uncle? never had one like this.

"right, well- hey sis. where are you off to, anyway?"

"hunting," artemis said. "and it's none of your business, brother."

"i'll find it," he shrugged in reply, "i see all. know all."

artemis snorted. "just drop them off, apollo. and no messing around!"

"no, no! i never mess around."

artemis rolled her eyes, "i will see you by winter solstice. zoë , you are in charge of the hungers. do well. do as i would do."

zoë nodded, clearly seeing this as a high honour, "yes, my lady."

artemis knelt and touched the ground, as if looking for tracks. when she rose, she looked troubled. "so much danger. the beat must be found." she sprinted towards the woods and melted into the snow and shadows.

soon, apollo was grinning at them all, jangling the car keys on his finger.

"so," he said, "who wants to drive?"

the hunters piled into the van. they all crammed into the back so they'd be as far away from 'uncle' apollo and the rest of the highly infectious males (cadie had snorted when zoë had said that. she guesses it wasn't meant to be funny- but it really was). bianca sat along with them, whilst nico sat in the front with the rest of them. it seemed a bit cold, in cadie's opinion. she got that bianca sort of felt involved now, she felt like she found herself and a place for herself in the world, but it genuinely didn't feel right knowing bianca had left nico so easily. sure, she was the caretaker for nico, but didn't that mean having nico near her was important? why distance yourself from the only family you had?

that was obviously cadie's thoughts on it. and judging by just how bouncy and upbeat nico was being- it seemed that perhaps his little naive mind had forgotten about it quickly due to the new and cool environment of apollo's shape-shifting transport (honestly, same nico).

"this is so cool!" nico grinned, jumping up and down in the driver's seat with utter glee on his face. "is this really the sun? i thought helios and selene were the sun and moon gods. how come sometimes it's them and sometimes it's you and artemis?"

"downsizing," shrugged apollo, "the romans started it. they couldn't afford all those temple sacrifices, so they laid off helios and selene and folded their duties into our job descriptions. my sister got the moon. i got the sun. it was pretty annoying at first, but at least i got this cool car."

"but how does it work?" queried nico, "i thought the sun was a big fiery ball of gas!"

apollo fhuckled and ruffled nico's hair as if to say awe, mortal-raised demigods. how endearing. "that rumour probably got started because artemis used to call me a big fiery ball of gas. seriously, kid, it depends on whether you're talking astronomy or philosophy. you want to talk astronomy? bah, what sorta fun is that? no- see if you wanted to talk about how humans see the sun? a lot more interesting to know about. they've got a lot riding on the sun, er, so to speak. it keeps them warm, grows their crops, powers engines, makes everything look, well, sunnier."

he grinned again, the sort of sunny-smile practiced to perfection by actors that apollo seemed to have been gifted since birth, "this chariot is built of humans dreams about the sun, kid. it's as old as western civilization. every day, it dries across the sky from east to west, lighting up all of their lives. the chariot is a manifestation of the sun's power. the way mortals perceive it. makes sense?"

nico shook his head, "no."

apollo sighed. it seemed most people didn't get it. "well then, just think of this as a really powerful but totally dangerous solar car."

"can i drive?" grinned nico.

"certainly not. you're too young."

"oo! oo!" grover raised his hand.

"mm, no." decided apollo, "you seem like a nervous driver..." he turned to cadie, a grin spread across his face. oh no. "cadie!" he grinned, "i heard you gotta a car of your own, right? a little beetle, right? super vintage but decked with modern stuff, right? why not give this a try?"

"you can drive?!" gasped nico in awe.

"long story," cadie managed, averting eye contact as she looked away. "no- uh. no thanks, um, uncle apollo. but i kinda don't want to be the reason we crash, burn, and die. y'know? like, that might not happen but say it does... i don't really want all these angry gods on my ass-" she paused before continuing. that was twice she'd sworn in front of a god now. "-because i killed all their kids using your car."

"hm..." pondered apollo, "i guess..." he frowned a bit, "dunno, took bellamy driving past bray-head once." he grew sad as he looked around. but quickly, he took a deep breath, smiling and continuing, saying, "well- no matter! let' s say.." he looked past percy and focused on thalia. "daughter of zeus! lord of the sky. perfect."

"oh, no." thalia muttered, shaking her head, "no thank you."

"c'mon," apollo smiled, "how old are you?"

"i... don't know." she frowned, and most of them along with her. it was true, sadly. she'd been turned into a tree when she was just a kid. she was twelve- but that had been seven years ago. so, she should be nineteen, if you went by normal years. but if you looked at her, she looked in between- somewhere in limbo between those ages. chiron's best guess had been she kept aging in tree form, but just slower than usual.

apollo tapped his fingers to his lips,  "you're fifteen, almost sixteen."

"how do you know that?" thalia asked, clearly shocked and surprised.

"hey!" shrugged apollo, "i'm the god of prophecy. i know some stuff. you'll turn sixten in... about a week. yeah- a week!"

"that's my birthday!" gasped thalia, shocked. "december twenty-second."

"that's a nice date to be born," mumbled cadie, "better than august first."

"august first?" percy asked, "you're... older than me?"

"i guess so?" cadie shrugged, "you're born the eighteenth, right?" oh that's casual of you- piped the imaginary annabeth in her head (when had she gotten there? cadie swore it was just cam and lily!) is this how you play it off like you didn't have his birthday memorised? since the day you saw him?

shush!

"yeah..." he pouted, "you're older than me."

"keep up, wonderboy,"she teased, glancing over at him until she saw apollo holding in a smirk. she coughed, "anyways- thalia's driving, then?"

"but i can't!" protested thalia.

"oh you can," nodded apollo, "almost sixteen. which means you're old enough now to drive with a learner's permit!"

thalia shifted her feet nervously. "uh..."

"i know what you're gonna say," apollo sighed, "you don't deserve an honour like driving the sun chariot-"

"i wasn't going to say that."

"don't sweat it! maine to long island is a really short trip, and don't worry about what happened to the last kid i trained. you're zeus' daughter. c'mon," he laughed. "it's not as if he's gonna blast you out of the sky."

he laughed. the rest of them didn't.

thalia tried to protest, but apollo insisted it was going to be fine. he hit a button on the dashboard, and a sign popped up along the top of the windscreen. she tried to read it backwards, and barely caught most. but she was pretty sure it was warning against students... student drivers? not sure, if she's being honest.

"take it away!" grinned apollo, "you're gonna be a natural!"

"speed equals heat," apollo advised the pale looking thalia, "and make sure you've got good altitude before you really open her up."

cadie was sort of glad she wasn't driving. if this thing really was the sun- she was glad she wouldn't be the fault for blazing and burning cities and countries. honestly that wasn't her thing, and she was far too worried she'd crash the car (and imagine what would happen if it did crash. would there be no more light? would the sun literally crash into the-)

"what's wrong?" percy asked thalia. the girl was gripping the wheel so tightly her knuckles turned white. she looked like she was going to be sick.

"nothing," she said shakily, "nothing is wrong."

she pulled back on the wheel. it tilted and the bus lurched upwards so fast that cadie fell back and crashed against a wall. she groaned loudly as her back hit it, letting out a curse of protest. perhaps she should have driven. if this was how thalia was going to drive... no offence to the daughter of zeus but cadie would never be trusting her with her darling car.

"ow!" complained grover.

"sorry," percy groaned, "dude why'd thalia drive?"

"slower!" advised apollo.

"sorry!" thalia rushed out, "i've got it under control!"

(spoiler alert: she didn't)

cadie managed to get herself steady on her feet. and the moment she did, she nearly fell back down again. looking out of the window, cadie didn't know whether to laugh or gasp. a ring of trees from the clearing were smoking. it was snowing. how was it now smoking?

science, responded imaginary annabeth.

genius thing called heat, dipshit. added imaginary lily.

"thalia," grouched percy, "lighten up on the accelerator, will you?"

"i've got it, percy." she said, gritting her teeth. but she kept it floored

"loosen up!" cadie added again.

"i am loose!" screeched thalia. though personally, cadie thought have stiff and straight posture wasn't very loose. nor was the fact thalia looked to made out of plywood.

"we need to veer south for long island," apollo said, "hang a left."

thalia jerked the wheel and again, she threw the three of them to the walls. all of them yelped.

"the other left," apollo suggested.

cadie didn't think this was how it was supposed to go.

"ah..." apollo said, and cadie got the feeling he was forcing himself to stay calm. "a little slower, thalia. cape cod is freezing over."

thalia tilted the wheel. her face was chalk white, her forehead beaded with swear. something was definitely wrong. cadie had never really seen her like this. so scared and... un-thalia. but she didn't really get time to contemplate that matter. because suddenly the bus was pitching down and then it was filled with screams.

what was happening now?

well, now they were heading straight towards the atlantic ocean at a thousand miles an hour, the new england coastline off to their left. and it was getting hot in the bus. the impact didn't just throw them off- apollo had been launched somewhere to the back of the bus. but he started climbing up the rows of seats.

"somebody else take the wheel!" grover begged.

"no worries," apollo said. he looked plenty worried, by the way. "she just has to learn how to- woah!"

well, now she knew what was happening. down below them was a little snow-covered new england town. at least, it probably used to be snow-covered. as she watched, the snow melted off the stress and the roofs and the lawns. the white steeple on a church turned brown and started to smolder. little plumes of smoke, like birthday candles, were popping up all over town. trees and rooftops were catching fire.

"thalia! stop scorching new england!" yelled cadie.

"pull up!" added percy.

"i'm never letting you drive ever again!" screeched cadie as thalia yanked back on the wheel. suddenly, they were zooming up. but cadie could see through the back window that the fires in the town were being snuffed out by the sudden blast of cold.

"there!" apollo pointed, "long island, dead ahead! slow dow. dead is only an expression!"

thalia thundered towards the coastlines of northern long island. there was camp half-blood: the valley, the woods, the beach. she could even see the dining pavilion and cabins along with the amphitheatre.

"i'm under control," muttered thalia, "i'm under control!"

"you're really not!" bleated grover loudly.

"i'm revoking your privileges of ever stepping foot into the front seat of my car!" wailed cadie as she slammed into percy. "thalia grace you are officially the worst driver known to demigod-kind!"

"brake," added apollo as an afterthought.

"i can do this."

"brake!"

thalia slammed her foot on the brake, and the sun bus pitched forward at a forty-five-degree angle, slamming into the camp half-blood canoe lake with a  huge floooooosh! steam  billowed  up,  sending  several  frightened naiads scrambling out of the water with half-woven wicker baskets. the bus bobbed to the surface along with a couple of capsized, half-melted canoes.

"well," said apollo with a brave smile. "you were right, i guess. you had everything under control! let's go see if we boiled anybody important, shall we?"

rosie speaks!

hello there ahah. so i'm
back i guess?? el oh el ??
so yeah i was gone for a
hot moment because i was
spiralling and whatnot but i
shall digress. so here's
some cadie and wow this
turned out longer than i
thought it would be. um
holy shit ??

but i love the next chapter
it's literally my favourite in
this book (unless we count
one of the bonus chapters
ahaha. if you know you know)
and yeah :))

i'm so excited for the next book
JDKSHDHAJD :))

thoughts ??

word count: 5,547 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.6K 31
❝ ππ„π‹πˆπ„π•π„ πˆπ“ πŽπ‘ ππŽπ“ 𝐁𝐔𝐓 π˜πŽπ”'𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 π…π€π•πŽπ”π‘πˆπ“π„ πˆπƒπˆπŽπ“. ❞ or sarcastic plus sarcastic seemed to mix well-or not. iro...
231K 8.3K 63
This golden crown was starting to feel like a crown of thorns. FEM!OC / Percy Jackson Titan'...
24.1K 1.4K 22
lost in the labyrinth, of my mind. β˜† battle of the labyrinth β˜† book one in the 'midnight mayhem' series [ annabeth chase x fem!oc ] [ percy jackson...
449K 17.9K 59
𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐄𝐍𝐃! ❝ i'm off the deep end, watching as i dive in ❞ π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ π’„π’π’‚π’Šπ’“π’† π’Žπ’π’π’“π’† οΏ½...