Married to the Villainous Duke

By RaeAnhedoniac

Completed: March 2, 2022 After getting hit by a truck, she wakes up in the world of a romance novel and becom... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: The Harvest Ball
Chapter 37: Unescapable Fate
Chapter 38: Birth and Rebirth
Chapter 39: Spring Returns
Chapter 40: The End
Special Chapter

Chapter 7

7.1K 258 22
By RaeAnhedoniac

"Sir Na-" Estelle couldn't even finish her sentence as the knight crushed his lips against hers.

Nathaniel kisses her hungrily, as if he was a lover who's missed his beloved for years. Estelle is confused and tries to break away from the kiss but he doesn't let her. He pushes her to the bed and pins her hands up.

"Mmh-please stop!" Estelle cries.

Why is Sir Nathaniel suddenly kissing me like this?! I'm a married woman and he is my personal knight! What if my maids see us? I learned adultery is a grave offense in the Empire especially among nobles. I might get executed because of this!

He breaks away from kissing and whispers in her ear, "shh be quiet, my love." 

He puts a gentle peck on her cheek before continuing, "meet me at the garden at midnight. I'll explain everything to you."

With that, he gives her one more kiss on the lips before leaving the room. Estelle lies shaking and breathless on the bed. Her thoughts and black hair both tangled messes. What just happened? Is Sir Nathaniel Estelle's secret lover?! My secret lover?!

Objectively speaking, Sir Nathaniel is actually a very good-looking man. I guess it could be possible for Estelle to have liked him but I don't feel a single ounce of attraction for him! To be frank, I felt like I was getting sexually harassed when he was kissing me...

Later at night, Estelle lies awake next to a sleeping Nikolaidis who looks unusually tired. His normally flawless face is marked with two dark eyebags. She noticed he seems to be working extra hard over the past days.

I wonder why he seems so stressed? But, I shouldn't be concerned with whatever's happening with the Duke. I have my own set of problems. The biggest one right now is Sir Nathaniel.

The knight told me to meet him at the garden tonight. Although I don't want to be alone with him, I'm dying to find out what relationship he has with Estelle. I think I can sneak out without waking Nikolaidis up. The Duke looks like he's knocked out cold.

~~▪~~ ~~▪~~ ~~▪~~ ~~▪~~ ~~▪~~

Nikolaidis wakes up when he hears the sound of light footsteps. He keeps his eyes closed thinking it's probably just Estelle getting up to go to the comfort room or to grab a glass of water. But when he hears the main bedroom door opening and closing, his eyes immediately shoot open.

Where is Estelle going at a time like this? He gets up and follows her as she heads outside. She avoids the guards that are roaming the castle's perimeter. It seems like she doesn't want to be seen by anyone.

He continues to follow her to the garden without her knowing. What are you up to Estelle?

"Where is he?" Estelle whispers to herself.

She stops to look around, as if she was expecting someone. Nikolaidis hides behind a couple of bushes so she won't spot him. Nathaniel appears from behind a nearby tree and grabs Estelle's waist.

Nikolaidis blood boils at what he's witnessing in front of him. Isn't he one of the knights assigned to personally guard her?

The knight plants a kiss on Estelle's lips and says, "you came..."

What the hell is happening?! It took every amount of self-control for Nikolaidis not to come out from where he's hiding and kill the man holding his wife. I can't act rashly. I have to first know what is going on.

Estelle lightly pushes Nathaniel away but the knight tightens his grip on her, "uh, can you please explain why you're doing this Sir Nathaniel?"

"My lady, we are lovers. I've been your lover for years now."

"Then why am I married to Duke Nikolaidis?" Estelle looks like she's doubting his words.

"Your father didn't permit us to get married because I am only a knight born from a poor baron... He wanted you to be with a rich and powerful man, someone like the Duke."

That's not what the Marquess told me when I asked for his daughter's hand in marriage! Her father wanted Estelle to marry someone she loves.

"But this is wrong Sir Nathaniel, you should stop being my lover for I have a husband now."

Despite the anger I feel towards this dishonorable knight clinging on to my wife, a part of me feels happy at this moment. Listening to Estelle remaining virtuous and keeping our marriage vow makes me reassured. Although I don't know much about my wife, I trust her and I believe she would never commit adultery behind my back.

"Don't say that my dear! You lost your memories that is why you don't know about our promise."

"What promise?" Estelle tries to pull away from him once more but again he pulls her back in.

I could strangle this pathetic man! She clearly looks uncomfortable but he keeps holding on to her. I should have brought my sword with me so I could slash his head off his neck!

"We promised to each other that we would secretly remain lovers even when you would be wed. You called me every night to your room during the past months your husband was away. We made passionate love until morning came!"

This is where I draw the line! I emerge from my hiding place, my eyes glued on Nathaniel who stumbles a little as he sees me approaching him.

"D-duke Nikolaid-dis!" Nathaniel stutters.

"Let go of my wife," I order.

"But she wants me! She loves me and I love her!"

Estelle looks between me and Nathaniel, hesitating on what to do. It must be so confusing for her, trying to gauge whether Nathaniel is speaking the truth. She's already having a hard time because she lost her memories and this man is making it even more difficult for her!

I look at her, trying to speak with my eyes that she shouldn't trust Nathaniel. He's lying to you Estelle. I know your senses are telling you that everything he said was false.

She looks back at me, tears starting to form in her eyes. She pushes him away and walks towards me. But, Nathaniel grabs her wrist and pulls a dagger out, "don't go to him!"

"Let me go!" She screams.

I acted swiftly and kicked the dagger out of his hand. I pull Estelle behind me so she would be out of harm's way.

"Run and call the guards," I tell her. She nods and does as I say.

"Estelle you're mistaken! You promised me! We promised to be together! You love me Estelle!" Nathaniel yells after her.

"Shut your mouth!"

I punch his face. My hand hard enough to crack his jaw. Bright red blood spills from his mouth as he staggers. He attempts to get the dagger that has fallen to the ground but I'm faster. I grab it and throw it further to the bushes.

"Your excellency!" The guards yell as they arrive at the scene.

"Tie this man and send him to the dungeon."

"Yes sir!" They grab Nathaniel and tie his hands together.

They drag him out of sight as he continues to thrash and scream, "Estelle! I've loved you for years! You're mine Estelle! You're mine!"

"Nikolaidis?" I hear a small voice coming from behind.

"Estelle?" I turn around and see my wife shaking a little.

"A-are you alright Nikolaidis? There's blood on your shirt..."

I look down and see stains of crimson splattered across my white shirt. It must be that lunatic's blood. I gingerly take a step to her, worried that I scared her, "I'm fine but how about you? Did he hurt you?"

"I'm okay," she answers and walks to me.

She looks me up from head to toe as if she was a doctor examining a patient. She finds that my hand is bruised, it was the one I used to punch Nathaniel. She cradles my hand in her delicate fingers. Her soft skin brushes my knuckles, I twitch a little as I feel a bit of pain.

"Sorry, does it hurt much?" She looks up at me.

Her golden eyes reflected the moonlight shining in the night sky. My heart throbs and I feel my breath caught up in my chest. My thoughts become empty except for her beautiful face. I try to regain my senses and shake my head no.

She sighs, "we should get this examined by Dr. Ludovic. Your hand might be seriously injured."

"I'll get it checked tomorrow but for now, let's head back to our room. You should get some sleep. My wife looks tired," I lift my other hand to brush some hair that have stuck to her face.

She's sweating a lot. It's probably because of running to call the guards. A precious lady like her shouldn't have gone through that but I'm relieved she's safe and unharmed.

"Speak for yourself, Nikolaidis. Look at these dark bags," she gently puts her fingers on the circles under my eyes.

Her touch is making me feel weak. I don't think I'll be able to sleep next to her tonight...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 2.1K 57
𝑨𝒏 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 π’˜π’‰π’ π’‡π’Šπ’π’…π’” 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 π’Šπ’ 𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’π’˜π’ π’„π’“π’†π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’. π˜™π˜¦π˜―π˜¦π˜¦, 𝘒 𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘺-𝘧π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘒𝘳 𝘰𝘭π˜₯ 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧...
35.7K 1.4K 30
After dying from a car accident, Erika wakes up in the body of Duchess Rosetta Rowells, a side character in the BL novel she had been reading. And s...
16.8K 516 82
Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned upside down by a crazy Duke who happens t...
3.7K 234 19
Have you ever read a book where you hated the ending so much that you wish you could change it? After a late-night book binge leads to anger when her...