-Blessed by Divinity: Eternit...

By arjun_snm

The sequel to 'Blessed by Divinity'. All hopes of an early retirement are lost for Aaron as he is called on... More

Prologue- A New Age
Returning Home
A New Threat
The Mainland
Nightmare World
A New Face
Shaking the Rust
The Mining City
Protecting What We Can't
Remnants
A Phantom Performance
A New Goal
Battle at the Ruins
A Touching Reunion
Unleashed Potential
Taking a Detour
Snowpoint Temple
Battle at the Depths
Undying Flame
A Pokemon's Dream
The City on the Coast
The Silent Trainer
Nightmare World II
Desperate Measures
New Competition
The Fox's True Power
Unexpected Help
A Psychic's Prediction
Wishing on a Star
Emerging from the Shadows
The Wish Pokemon
The City of the Setting Sun
The Sunyshore Brothers
A Devil's Return
Vista Lighthouse Showdown
Nightmare World III
Flying Solo
Parting Ways
Passion Reignited
A Titanic Clash
Trouble in Paradise
The Tallest Mountain
The Puppet Master
World's Most Wanted
Endless Sea
Nightmare World IV
Together
Descent
Clash at the Summit
Primal Instincts
Cursed
Revenge
Ascension
Truth and Ideals
Battle at the End of the Void
Divinity Reborn
Letting Loose
Progress
Celestial Power
Destruction
No Control
Faded Mirror
Patience and Pent Up Power
Battle at the Fallen King's Throne
Fate
Draconic Power
Divinity Awakened
Reality
Epilogue - Almighty Sinnoh
A/N

A Tight Situation

62 1 0
By arjun_snm

The journey across the thin mountain path was smooth enough. Sceptile, Aegislash and I were quick to avoid anything Team Galactic related. As we stood the unguarded entrance at the top of road, we were able to see over a large portion of the island. The two pokemon entered the mountain, searching the area as I followed behind them.

Soon enough, the mountainous entrance had shifted into a typical mine entrance. A few steps in, we could hear voices just around the corner. Aegislash disappeared into the shadows as Sceptile joined me by the edge of the wall. I slowly turned the corner and saw where the ghost pokemon was lurking.

There were two oddly dressed people standing face to face, leaning against the stone walls. To their sides, a flying bat pokemon and a purple skunk pokemon resting on the floor beside the two people.

The sight reminded me of Team Flare who dressed in a uniform, similar to people before me. As expected, every region is plagued by the same vices. Aegislash gave Sceptile a quick nod and in one swift motion, the two pokemon were readied at my word.

I quickly stood up, turning the corner, quickly catching the attention of the two grunts. The two pokemon quickly jumped up from their rest but were quickly greeted by Sceptile and Aegislash who had cut off the other side of the tunnel.

"Ah man. It's another one of these trainers." The second grunt turned to face the other, nodding in agreement. Slowly, they looked back to me before their pokemon returned to their sides.

"If you're here for Team Galactic carry on straight and take the left for the elevator down. You'll deal with the others no problem." The two grunts moved to the side, as if to allow me to pass.

I wasn't sure how to react but from their faces, I could see that they were serious. "We aren't gonna trigger the alarm, we want off this island as much as you." I smiled at their comment, understanding that there were always two sides to this.

As the instructions read, the three of us turned left, descending into the elevator. As we arrived at the base, we could see that there were much more Team Galactic members, keeping watch as the scientists worked on the makeshift labs.

At the other end of the opening was a large tent where most of the people seemed to be gathered. Aegislash took off into the shadows, providing us with directions to the tent from ahead. Sceptile and I moved quickly around the support beams and wandering scientists, avoiding the Galactic grunts.

Soon enough we had arrived at where the tent had been pitched. A few people seemed to be gathered but at the back, I could see a red haired woman who was in her own section of the tent. Aegislash moved into the shadows as Arcanine emerged from his pokeball. The three pokemon took their positions at the entrance to the tent, allowing me to enter as they kept everyone at bay.

"What the- What's going on!" The red haired woman stood up from where she was sat and as she turned to face me, I held my final pokemon in my pocket, ready if needed.

There were a few desks dotted around with various scientific equipment hooked up to all sorts of power systems. But, the space between the young woman and I was open. I continued walking until I was stood a few metres back.

"Huh." There was a silence as she eyed me up. Her lips curled into a mischievous smile as she closed the distance between us. She paused, "So you just walked in?"

 I turned back, seeing the three pokemon keeping all the weaker hordes of pokemon at bay with ease. The chemistry Sceptile, Aegislash and Arcanine had was unmatched, meaning they were a near unbeatable force when at their peaks. The difference in strength was clear, meaning I had enough time.

"Yeah, just like that."

"We're going to see each other often, you know."

I paused for a moment. From what I had been hearing about Sinnoh, Team Galactic was on the rise after it had supposedly been disbanded all those years ago.

"You might be right." I tightened my grip on the pokeball, ready to move if needed. "But you're in the way right now."

My eyes began to flare up again, glowing a dark gold colour in the dimly lit tent. I could see clearly now, the dark not hindering me anymore. I looked ahead, to the woman, who from a closer look I could read her aura. Mars folded her arms across her chest, not showing any signs of moving.

"Then move me." She took a step forward, her soft smile fixed as she looked into my eyes. "I know all about you, Aaron. Champion of Kalos and the hero of his region. "

I could see a whole series of playful emotions dance across Mars' face as she took another slow step forward. My breathing had become relaxed, as if I was comfortable around her.

"I'm going to need you to get everyone here and leave this island."

"Oh is that right?"

My lips tightened for a moment but I shook my head, not wanting to show my smile. "There's nothing on this island so why all the effort?"

"Oh that's what you think. Y'know Aaron, you should be better at this sort of thing. You seem out of practice." A quick smile flashed on her face. "Everything's gone according to plan."

I looked at her confused. I turned back to the three pokemon who were continuing the fight. They didn't seem tired but it was clear that they couldn't turn away or else the formation would falter.

"Hmm... That's three pokemon. Plus Dragonite who's too far away now. And a new pokemon egg. So that means..." She lowered her gaze, looking to my hip where I was holding my final pokeball. As I followed her words, I understood that this was now an unfavourable situation but I remained calm, knowing there was always a way out.

"I'm sure even a six versus one is too much for you." She turned her gaze back to my eyes, staring intensely. "I've got you right where I want you."

I couldn't help but smile. This wasn't the first time I had been backed into a corner, so I was confident that I could think of something quickly. As I weighed up the options, a six versus one battle would be too risky. My mind raced but I was able to form a makeshift plan.

Quickly, I released Ninetails, directing her to freeze the tent entrance with blizzard. The other three backed off before I returned them to their pokeballs to rest. The ice fox joined me by my side, a confident look in her eyes.

"I like these odds a little more now."

Mars was quick with a response, slowly clapping and congratulating me on being so cool. She rolled her eyes, before a smile crept across her face. "Well, what did I expect. I know I'm a good battler, but I'm not you good."

I smiled, maintaining the eye contact. "You're going to leave Mars."

"Hpmh. Have some more fun next time." She winked before walking past me, calling out her Purugly. The cat pokemon easily broke through the wall of ice as her trainer immediately started to tell everyone to pack up.

Ninetails and I exchanged quick looks. That seemed to be the end of things here. I decided to stay for a while, searching the area but unfortunately there wasn't anything of particular use. I thought back to the conversation I just had, realising that Mars was a little too quick to give way when the situation was reversed.

At that, I made my way out of the now empty mine with the ice fox by my side. We stood at the mouth of the cave and I could see the two dragon pokemon circling the air in the distance. They were near to the coast and I assumed that they were safe as Dragonite hadn't contacted me.

I took off into the forest, following the pokemon from the skies. Ninetails returned to her pokeball, not too comfortable with the temperate climate of the island. Surprisingly, there were very few wild pokemon, even though the sun had just past its peak.

After a while, I arrived at a clearing near to the shore. Under the shade of the treeline, a few tents had been pitched. I could see a few people in the distance, each with pokemon by their sides. On the rocky coast, I could see a fairly large boat anchored to the pier.

Slowly, I stepped out from the treeline onto the rocky beach. The crunching of pebbles beneath my feet was enough to alert two people who appeared to be posted as guards. They quickly reached for their pokeballs but once they recognised my face, they eased up.

"Aaron! So good of you to join us."

Riley's familiar voice caught my ear. I turned to my right and sure enough, there he was. His partner, Lucario, was stood to his side, eagerly watching me.

"If I could have you for a moment, we've got a lot to talk about."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 1.2K 28
[Male Reader x Pokémon] The world of Pokémon. A world filled with monsters capable of mass destruction and violence. Somehow Humanity created a way t...
3.7K 141 51
Ash, Serena, Clemont and the rest of the Electroclan have destroyed the largest of the Galactic Starxsource plants, but now they're on the run. Galac...
8.2K 114 14
A young Pokemon trainer from the Sinnoh region is on a journey to become the best trainer. During his journey he will meet new friends, strong rivals...
4K 114 75
What if Ash is a coma? This would explain why Ash and his friends don't age. If this is true, Ash's story could restart again and introduce characte...