The Things We Do :: Dream SMP...

By partiallyhuman

You were never one for change. For half your life, all you've done is keep your head down and never reach up... More

𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟷 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟸 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟹 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟺 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟻 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟼 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟽 - 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚝'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟾 - 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟿 - 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟶 - 𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼

6.3K 249 136
By partiallyhuman

"Get a copy of The Manberg Inquirer for only one coin! Today's headline: 'Pogtopian Rioters Burn Down Eiffel Tower After Rising Tensions'. Is controversial Manberg citizen Niki Nihachu close to joining Pogtopia? Will fighting virtuoso Technoblade finally reveal his stance in the battle? Find out today!" 

You curiously walked over to the newspaper stand, the man advertising it noticing you and putting on a wide grin.

"Ms. L/n, what a pleasure!" he exclaimed. "Interested in today's? Just a gold coin for all the latest news!"

"Yes, yes," you mused, "I haven't caught up in a while."

You handed a coin to the man, who thanked you and gave you the paper in exchange.

"The Manberg Inquirer, ladies, gentlemen, and honored citizens! What's the news for today?"

A slight smile arose on your face while you walked away.

"I was hoping this wouldn't get out." You sighed as Schlatt continued to grumble, opening up the paper and looking it over.

"Yesterday, former Manberg citizen Tommy Innit burnt down the symbolic Eiffel Tower in a surprising act," you read out loud while walking. "This was one of several appearances he, along with fellow exile Wilbur Soot, have made in an effort to stir up tension."

From the rest of the article, you gathered that this was Pogtopia's first big win. Though, since none of the Pogtopia members were able to give statements, you couldn't be sure.

"Now, the festival is of even more importance," Schlatt spoke, polished shoes clacking against the cobbled ground. "We must show the country we possess no worries. Isn't that right, mademoiselle?"

You . "Sure."

Schlatt scoffed, but nevertheless continued his journey with you.

"Foreign ambassadors Tyler 'Ninja' Blevins and Andrea Botez visit for first time... Dream SMP official Alyssa Munchy announces her retirement due to personal reasons... Shit, I take one day off, and I miss all of this?" you muttered offhandedly.

"I was wondering when Munchy'd back out," Schlatt commented. "She's been absent from the government for a while."

"True. What about the ambassadors?"

"Some other country. I talked to them briefly - Botez seemed more interested in finding a certain co-vice president of mine, though."

"Huh. Interesting." The two of you walked into the cabinet room together, Fundy, Tubbo, and Quackity waiting there for you.

George wasn't present. He seemed to have abandoned the position since the election. Probably off sucking Dream's-

"Alright, alright, so everyone's here! Now we can start preparations," Schlatt announced.

You blinked as the ram-horned man continued to talk. "Fundy, Y/n, you'll prepare the venue. Fundy, you've got the eye for redstone, so you'll be making minigames and such. Y/n, you're good with aesthetic and the like, so you'll be building up the decorations."

You and Fundy nodded, looking at each other briefly and then back to Schlatt.

"Quackity, you're security. You're making sure everybody is fine during the festival, making sure nobody who shouldn't get in gets in, and making sure I'm fine. Fundy, I assume redstone doesn't take too long, so you'll be on that too."

"Yessir," Quackity responded, lazily twirling a quill between his fingers.

"And Tubbo! Tubbo, my main man. You'll organize. Set up the date, send out the invites, and grab your paper and quill - because you'll have your own speech!"

"I- uh- what?"

"A speech, Tubbo. Tubs. Tubster. You'll have your own bit before the festivities really start. You'll say a few words on our great country, and kick it all off! Unless... you're not up for the job? I can arrange for someone else to do so."

"I'm- um- alright, no, I do- I do want the job, I'm going to do it," Tubbo quickly replied, standing from his chair and straightening up. "I'll do it."

"Great!" Schlatt clasped his hands together. "I'd like it to be up as soon as possible. Off you go!"

-----

"Dream, I... I hear you have a lot of TNT - a lot of the old trinitrotoluene - in your possession, don't you?"

Tommy froze in his spot. Dream smirked ever so slightly.

"I do," the taller of the two said. "I do have a little bit."

Wilbur's growing grin stretched across his face. "Dream, I want to be your vassal. I want to- to set this up. I want to rig the city."

"No- Dream- Dream, don't give it to him," Tommy interrupted. "Wilbur, stop. You're not - you're not thinking."

"Tommy, this isn't your conversation to have," Wilbur said harshly. "Dream only gave you that gear so you could cause conflict. You see? That's what this is.

Under his mask, Dream's eyebrows rose while Wilbur continued. "He doesn't want us to win, Dream only wants both Pogtopia and Manberg to be weak. That's it. And- and Dream, that's not bad, you're smart. Very smart."

"You are as well," Dream murmured. "You're right. Because Schlatt is ambitious. And that's a bad thing. He wants power, and land, and all that. I had a change of heart, I suppose."

Wilbur's hands dug into the roots of his hair, and he started to laugh. "Dream, if I'm taking power again, I will be ambitious. That's what I'm saying! Let me- let me blow it up. Let me destroy it all."

"Wilbur - this isn't right."

"Tommy, you were never in charge," Wilbur replied, tone light and teasing. "Never."

In all his netherite-clad glory, Dream tilted his head towards Wilbur. A mocking look to Tommy, and he handed over a bundle of explosives.

"No. Wilbur." Tommy's hands shook as he nocked his bow and pointed it to Wilbur. "Hand me that TNT."

"Tommy, I'll have to step in," Dream said. He blocked the youngest of the trio, an expression upon his face that dared Tommy to release the arrow.

Tommy felt a rather extreme sense of deja vu.

Regardless, he shot the arrow into the ground and stared at Wilbur. "I won't betray you, Wilbur. I'll stand by your side. But this isn't the right way to solve our problems."

Wilbur and Tommy stared at each other, tension thick in the air. Dream sent a quick nod to Wilbur, deciding now it was time to take his leave.

Upon his return back, he was greeted by a face he hadn't seen in a while.

"Hi."

One, two, three, four, five seconds of silence. "What are you doing here?"

"Sheesh. Your own sister shows up to your house and you treat her like she's your ex-girlfriend who cheated on you with your best friend two months and twenty-six days ago."

"Why exactly two months and twenty-six-" Dream sighed. "Nevermind. What are you here for?"

"Can't I visit my big brother once in a while?" the blonde girl quipped.

Dream's face was completely expressionless. The girl's dimmed slightly.

"Mom and Dad are at it again," she muttered.

Immediately, Dream's arms went to wrap around his sister's frame, hugging her. "I should have known."

"I just need to wait four years, and then I'll be with you over here," she joked.

"Dunno if you want to do that, Drista," Dream chuckled.

Drista shrugged. "It can't be that bad. Anyways, where were you? What's that in your hand? Ooh, can I blow stuff up with it? When-"

Dream shoved his sister's hand off the flint and steel he carried, rolling his eyes. "Hands off."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Exactly."

"Fuck."

-----

1219 words (without a/n)

Header by @/mezzymoon on Twitter

Hehehe hello and welcome to le new chapter! I'm trying to keep the plot up with both Manberg and Pogtopia, which leads to some chaotic writing, but y'know it works.

School stuff is being very - very - annoying, but I'll try to maintain my upload schedule. Anyways, if you liked this chapter, vote, comment, drop a follow if you're feeling :sparkles: spicy :sparkles:, and I'll see you later!

-Partially Human

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 12.3K 18
"ᴏʜ, ᴏᴘʜᴇʟɪᴀ. ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀ ꜰᴏᴏʟ ᴡʜᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ." ‎ ‎↳war changes people; sometimes for the better or sometimes for the worse. ┊͙DREAMSMP X OC┊͙
51 3 18
mizpah (n) the deep emotional bond between two people, especially those separated by distance or death started: january 30 2021 discontinued: july 1...
306K 9K 37
"I know what it's like to be used! ...and so do you. Stay with me, please." A story in which the reader becomes a Technoblade apologist. ===== Cover...
72.2K 2.3K 23
"𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞'𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙." Woohoo here we go bois. This is going to be my romanticized version of the L'Manburg...