Custodian

By wolflover2012

The werewolf world is in danger of being wiped out thanks to The Hunters trying to kill them and Vampires bei... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Four

5.2K 166 21
By wolflover2012

Edited by sweetmissirish

Chapter Four

“Faster Lexi! Come on, you can do better than this!”

Lexi clenched her teeth together to stop herself from saying something nasty to Chase as she ran past him. She watched as he looked down at the stopwatch and shook his head.

“Fine, you want me to go faster? I will show you faster.” She said before she picked up her pace. Her already burning leg muscles felt like they had just caught fire. She quickly ran the circuit and watched Chase’s face as he looked down at the stopwatch to check her time. Lexi knew that she could run fast, when she tried that was, but she just hated running around in an indoor track. Put her outside in the fresh air surrounded by trees and she is happy to run for miles, she just didn’t see the point in running indoors.

She kept her pace up, not bothering to push herself any more then she had. Since Chase was longer yelling at me, he must be happy with my pace.

“Ok Lexi, that’s enough for today. Go change into your bathers and meet me at the pool.”

“Yes!” She punched her hands in the air. She loved swimming, she could do laps for hours; she loved the feel of the cool water on her skin while she did laps, the sound of the water splashing every time she did a stroke. It was odd for a werewolf, most didn’t like the water, they preferred dry land. A lot even had a fear of water, which was one of the reasons the academy forced all Custodians to learn how to swim. She quickly raced into the female change rooms and ran up to her locker. Unlocking it she grabbed her one piece swimsuit and quickly put it on, followed by her swimming cap (making sure all her hair was tucked in underneath). After a quick check in the mirror, she wrapped a towel around her body, picked up her goggles and raced out to the swimming pool. She stopped in her tracks as soon as she reached the pool. Chase was standing beside the pool in just a pair of board shorts. Holy crap his body is Hot, Hot, Hot! The sound of someone clearing their throat got her attention. She looked up from Chase’s body to find him looking at her with one eyebrow raised, and a slight smirk on his lips. Oh yeah, he knows he’s hot, well payback’s a bitch. She let her towel drop.

“You know Chase, if you wanted to check out my body, all you had to do was ask. You didn’t need to bring me here.” She said raising her eyebrow at him, watching as he quickly looked away from her, clearing his throat again.

“Right, I want you to do the same as on the track. Do as many laps as you can in one hour.” She watched him walk over to one of the diving blocks and sit down.

Sighing, she put her goggles on and walked up to the swimming block next to Chase. She dove into the cool water allowing herself a moment to enjoy the feel of the water before she resurfaced and started doing laps. Lexi wasn’t sure how long she had been swimming for, when a loud whistle being blown stopped her mid stoke. She looked up to see Chase with a whistle in his mouth; he stopped blowing and allowed it to drop to his chest.

“Impressive, you’re the fastest wolf I’ve seen in the water, and I don’t think you were even trying.” Lexi attempted to shrug her shoulders while treading water.

“What can I say, I love to swim.”

“Ok, well, get out and get changed. You have an hour to get breakfast and meet me back here.” With that said, he walked away from the pool, leaving her there treading water. She swam over to the edge of the pool and lifted herself out; picking her towel up off the ground she headed for the change room and had a quick shower. As soon as she was out she dried her off, threw her clothes on, and raced for the elevator. Once she got to the ground floor, she headed for the cafeteria and went in. Noticing how packed it was, she looked around for Anne, saw her in line for food and made my way over.

“Hey Anne, how was your night?” She asked causing her to jump.

“God Lexi, you scared the crap out of me.” Lexi laughed at her.

“Sorry.” She reached over Anne, grabbed a tray, and started piling it with bacon, eggs, and pancakes. After grabbing a drink they headed to the far corner of the cafeteria, where there was a vacant table, and started eating.

“So, did you sleep alright?” Lexi asked, taking a bite of bacon.

“Yeah, it was hard getting to sleep at first. It felt strange, being back here.” Lexi watched as Anne moved her food around on her plate.

“Hey, what’s up, why aren’t you eating?” She asked concerned. Anne let out a big sigh.

“I don’t know. I just don’t like being back here, I don’t feel safe, and I feel like I’m being watched all the time.” Lexi reached over and placed her hand on Anne’s.

“Hey it’s ok. I’m here and I won’t let anything happen to you.” She watched a small smile appeared on Anne’s face. “Tell you what, why don’t I sneak up to your room crash there for the night? Will that make you feel better?”

“I can’t ask you to that; you’re going to be working your butt off all day today.”

“Pfft! Nothing I can’t handle. So it’s settled, I’m crashing in your room tonight.”

“Thanks Lexi.”

“Hey, what are friends for.” Anne stood up.

“Well I better get going to class.” She said with a big sigh.

“Oh come on, it can’t be that bad. At least you get to sit down all day.” Lexi said trying to cheer her up.

“Yeah I guess you’re right,” she gave Lexi a little wave; “I’ll see you later, ok?” Lexi waved back.

“You sure will. Oh, I will have to tell you about my new trainer!” She said wiggling her eyebrows. That at least got Anne to laugh.

“You’re terrible Lex,” she said before walking off.

Lexi looked down at her plate and picked up another piece of bacon, she heard a chair beside her scrap on the floor. She looked over to see her ex-boyfriend sitting down next to her. Great, she thought.

“Hey Lexi, baby, am I glad you’re finally back!” He said throwing his arm around her, she removed it.

“Oh yeah, and why is that Tray? If I recall I dumped your sorry ass before I left.” He pouted at her.

“Don’t be like that baby, you know you missed me.” She laughed.

“Yeah right Tray.” Standing from her seat she started to walk away, but he grabbed her arm and pulled her so she was sitting in his lap.

“Baby, I know you want me.” He started kissing her along her jaw.

“Let go Tray!” She yelled, she scrunched her face up in disgust and tried to push him away.

“No, I know you don’t really want me too.” Lexi yanked her arm out of his hold and faced him.

“Touch me again you creeper, and it will be the last thing you ever do. Got it?” Hoping he took her warning seriously, she stood up from his lap only to be pulled back down.

“Right, I warned you.” Before he got the chance to do anything, she punched him on the side of the face. He stood up quickly, throwing her to the floor.

“You bitch! You’re going to be sorry for that!” She quickly got up off the floor and stood, ready for a fight.

“What’s going on here?” Chase demanded, walking up behind Lexi.

“She just punched me!” Tray said rubbing his face.

Lexi snorted.

“I warned you what I would do if you ever touched me again.” She shrugged her shoulders and looked at Chase, “it’s not my fault he didn’t listen.” Chase glared at Tray.

“Why were you touching her?” Tray looked at Chase in disbelief.

“Come on man, she wanted me too. She’s always playing hard to get but she really wants it.” He winked at her, the punch in the face long forgotten “Don’t you babe.” Anger and disgust started to boil up in her.

“I am not your babe!” Clenching her jaw together, she tried to hold her anger in. Her body began to shake as her wolf started to push forward, wanting her to change forms. She closed her eyes which no doubt were shinning a bright green as her wolf looked out of them.

“Look, Tray, is it?” Chase asked.

“Yeah man,” Tray nodded.

“It’s obvious she doesn’t want you to touch her, so keep your hands to yourself in future.”

“Whatever. She wanted it.” Tray barged past Chase, hitting his shoulder, and made his way out of the cafeteria.

“Thanks.” She mumbled, feeling a little embarrassed that he had witnessed that. She opened her eyes, knowing that they had turned back to normal now that her wolf had backed off. Chase scratched the back of his neck.

“No problem. Er, the reason I’m here is to tell you to go to the training room on the second floor, when you’re finished you breakfast.” Wanting to get away from him, she nodded her head.

“Oh, ok sure, I’m finished now so I will head over there.” She walked away from him as quickly as possible and headed for the exits.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
25.2K 890 27
Valentina thought that by being accepted into a new pack she would get the protection she wished for, but after agreeing to live with the handsome al...
477K 10.6K 48
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...