Just Around the Corner || A G...

By MWrites00

Tags: G. Weasley X OC Smut fluff Post-war timeline Mature themes! Forbidden lovers trope Secret affair D... More

Author's Note
Introduction
Remembrance
The First Step
Return and Offers
A Day's Work
Hard Liquor
A Discovery
Inventory
Scrambled Eggs
Conflict Resolution
Better Than Expected
The Lunch Break
Labels
A Monumental First
A Visitor With Interest
Great Expectations
Undesirable Milestones
Sensitive Subjects
And Back
A Trip to The Burrow
Surprises
Reflections Parallel
The Ball
Strange Days
Broken Glass
Safe Haven
Insomnia
Progress and Pranks
The Sun and The Moon
Flowers Fall
Unlucky in Love
A Revelation
It Comes in Threes
The Sun Sets
The Crystal Ball
Tied Up
The Arcus Manor
One Last Promise
Eternally Grateful
From His Eyes
Body and Soul
Recrudesce Overdue
Out in the Open
Penance
Conclusion
ANNOUNCEMENT
Years Later

To France

5.3K 142 194
By MWrites00

This chapter turned out to be too long and I felt it needed to be separated to make the story flow better so, there will be two parts. Part two will be entitled "And Back" picking up where this one leaves off.  ( France doesn't mean 🗼paris🗼...We are going to the literal place)

TW: mention of bones, stressful content (this chapter sounds horrific, but it isn't scary in nature)

* will indicate the start of a section I believe mentions any possibly triggering content for readers.    ** will be the end of that scene if you need to skip.  You should be able to skip that part and still read the chapter. 

Song Recs: " My Kind of Woman" By: Mac DeMarco  , "Hey Lover" by The Daughters of Eve

Everything was planned. She had the tickets, her bag packed. Disapparation was not permitted in the Ministère des Affaires Magiques de la France, so Cassandra had a different idea.

She wore a soft lilac satin lacy top with tan shorts, the haughty ring was on the necklace, making sure not to make the same mistake. She also threw on her favorite creamy pearl necklace, with matching earrings. She couldn't wait to see him, as she threw one last item into her bag and was on her way.

Cassandra was determined to have this date be perfect. Nothing was going to ruin it. No drama. No ring. No twin hurting himself and being a prick about it (Cassandra still wasn't entirely over that). They were going to have an amazing day.

Nothing was going to get in her way...she believed she had thought of everything. Cassandra arrived at his apartment early, though George was sitting on the couch waiting for her. After a quick snog, she gripped his hand tightly.

"C'mon pretty boy, I've got a big day planned," she cooed sweetly as she yanked his arms, getting him off the couch. 

*

Cassandra apparated them to her desired location, opening her eyes in the dark, cold underground. She lifted her wand, whispering "Lumos" as the tip ignited, allowing a white light to shine off the walls. She heard George gasp as he turned to the walls, seeing rows of countless skulls and bones. He also ignited his wand, holding it up, gripping her hand harder. 

"Interesting date. I like the remote location," He laughed.

"Sorry we had to land here. France has strict laws about apparation."

"Where is here exactly?" George inquired, looking into the face of a skull.

"The catacombs underneath Paris. I've traveled through here before in order to apparate into the muggle, touristy part. Just hold my hand and we'll be fine."

"Well I definitely wasn't planning on letting go..." 

Cassandra led him through the twists and the turns, George couldn't peel his eyes off the walls, there wasn't a square inch not covered in death. He looked down to Cassandra who only stared forward, never looking at the ossein wallpaper. She knew what she was doing.

Eventually after multiple turns, George heard the sound of voices, "Cass...Did you hear that?" She nodded, not acting the least bit concerned.

"You didn't bring me here to kill me...did you?"

He could feel her roll her eyes, "No. The voices you are worried about are muggles on a tour. This means we've almost made it." 

He didn't reply, only hoping Cassandra was right. She now whispered "Nox" and put her wand into her bag, George mirroring her by hiding his wand. A light showed at the end of the tunnel as they watched a tour group walk by, the woman leading them yelling with her booming voice that this was near the end of the tour. Cassandra started forward once the group was out of sight, following in their footsteps.

They followed their path until they brought up the tail end of the tour group, emerging into the bright light of day. Before the guide spotted them, Cassandra yanked him away and into the bustling city.

**

They walked through a little alley cutting over to an opening with a large glass pyramid. George was slightly confused, he looked down at Cassandra's giddy grin, watching her bounce on her heels as pointed to the palace behind the pyramid. "We are here! Le Louvre!"

She started running to the winding line, George chuckling as he started after her. A few parisian folks gawked at him as George weaved around them, chasing after his girl. She was already in line when he caught up, sending him a little wave. She was having a hard time standing still, making George's heart thump a bit faster. He loved seeing her so excited. 

She started rambling, "Ugh I can't wait, wish this would move faster. We need to go to the Mona Lisa of course, and then the baroque hallway..Oh and we need to see the romanticism period paintings too, and the sculptures!"

He leaned down and pressed his lips to her cheek, moving behind her in line, wrapping his arms around her waist. "You're adorable.." he whispered into her ear. She leaned her head back onto his chest. George wasn't always a patient man yet, he couldn't recall enjoying waiting for something so much.

Finally they had moved through the line, starting onto the escalator (George might have struggled to figure that out) down into the palace. Cassandra rapidly moved them through the crowds, knowing her desired location. 

"You've been here before?" George asked, trying to keep up. 

"I try to come once a year but I often don't get the chance, now come on!"

"You like the muggle world then?" George whispered, finally catching up. Cassandra nodded, "I never have to worry about anyone here, live up to expectations...I can just be myself-- well sort of." She patted her bag where she had placed her wand earlier.

Cassandra stared up to the painting, absolutely memorized. "Isn't it beautiful..." She mumbled. 

"It is.." He returned, though he had a different beauty in mind, only watching her.

They turn the corner of the old palace to enter another room, lined with paintings. They walked hand in hand, until George yanked her over to one that capture his attention. "I like this one." He pointed up to a painting of a man kissing his lover's cheek, surrounded by flowers and glistening gold.

Watching the man she so deeply cared for take in interest in her passions made that spark that had ignited inside her glow a bit brighter. He had a knack for making her feel like that tough. Cassandra could feel her cheeks start to hurt from her wide smile. "I like this one too, Gustav Klimt is an amazing artist."

An idea crossed her mind, a temptation she had always wanted to act on, but never had anyone to do it with. She took off her small backpack, opening it and searching the contents inside. George looked down at her puzzled. She then pulled out a white camera with a colorful stripe, at least he believed it to be a camera, it looked much different than the ones he had seen.

"It's a muggle camera" Cassandra whispered, mouthing the word muggle, "It won't move, but we can have a picture of us here."

She scanned the surrounding crowd as a young couple walked by. "Excuse me, do you mind taking our photograph?"

The woman let go of her girlfriend's hand, smiling at them as she took the camera. Cassandra and George stood beside each other, George fixing his posture, Cassandra adjusting her clothes. Just as the woman was about to press the button, George turned to look at the painting, mimicking it by scooping her face into his hands, craning her head to kiss her cheek. Cassandra flushed and threw an arm loosely around his neck. The camera flashed as it clicked, slowly pushing a small white square from the bottom slit.

The woman walked back over to them, handing them the camera and photo, "You two make a lovely couple."

They both thanked her before the couple walked off. George snaked an arm around Cassandra's waist, leaning down to see the picture. "Cass...I don't think they took it right..or it disappeared."

"It's a polaroid, eventually it will appear...see." She held the picture closer to his face as the color slowly seeped in. 

"Woah...it's muggle magic. My dad would love this."

They started down the hallway, turning into a bright opening, the ceiling was glass, letting in light. Surrounding them now were lifesize sculptures, made from white marble stone.

Cassandra smiled, "You can take the camera and show him then."

George had this shit-eating grin on his face, Cassandra just knew he was up to something. "Why don't you show him yourself..."

Cassandra froze, feeling her heart slam into her ribs, "What?"

George's childlike grin grew wider, "Mum invited everyone to dinner this upcoming weekend, she said we can all bring someone--"

"You can't bring me!"

"Why not?" He countered.

"Because I don't think your mother would be thrilled to hear of your adventures with an engaged woman.."

"Cass baby, you forget who you are talking to. I'm good at keeping things from her, I promise." He could still see her mind overstrain, "Darling you worry too much, I've got it all figured out. Now please come?"

George was giving her a doe eyed, puppy dog look....one she couldn't refuse. "Okay...we will go."

 George scooped her into his arms, twirling her around. A couple of tourists eyed them, scoffing, but they didn't give a damn. He set her down, keeping her close, whispering in her ear, "Remember what I told you about the Louvre?" 

George could feel her nod against him. "I meant every word. You belong here, body and soul."

He kissed her feverishly before they continued walking the halls, taking in the beauty. Cassandra was sure she would forever burn from his hot lips, and she hoped the feeling would never fade.

________

After Cassandra had dragged George to all of her favorite exhibits, they strolled the streets of Paris, grabbing a quick bite at a little restaurant on the corner street. Cassandra was still raving about the museum but George's attention was trained on her neck, the string of pearls lining it. 

She noticed, bringing a hand up to touch the cool seastones, "You like them baby?" George blushed then nodded.

After Cassandra paid the bill, she brought her fingers to the clasp, letting the necklace fall into her palm. "Here," She walked around behind his chair, placing the necklace onto his neck, then placing her lips to it, feeling his burning skin. 

She ran a gentle touch over the pearls as he got up, "It looks so good on you Georgie. You keep it."

He was about to refuse when she stopped him, "Keep it, I like that you have a little part of me with you now." George felt his face grow redder, vowing to himself to never lose it, to never lose her.

They walked side by side, George's arm around her shoulder on their trek back to the catacombs. She often peaked up at him, shocked at how she had gotten so lucky. 

Once back in the trenches, Cassandra gripped George's hand tightly, apparating them both back to the apartment above Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

Cassandra had wanted a perfect day and she was sure she had gotten it...but things often never go according to plan.

To be continued...

The painting mentioned actually is not in the Louvre but for the sake of this story it is :) Here is a picture of it if you are not familiar with it!

*Summary**

*

In order to travel to the muggle part of France they had to apparate into the catacombs beneath France. The catacombs are lined with skulls and bones. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 4.8K 25
ā€¢ George x Reader ā€¢ Everyone knows Fred and George Weasley are the co-owners of the successful joke shop in Diagon Alley. Now a year after the war, G...
92.9K 2.3K 33
Two years after the war Rae Bailey is running her mom's shop and quite successfully at that. Rae lives a quiet life except for the occasional fun wee...
220K 5.9K 62
Safeiarrah Celeste Phoenix have had a deep liking to her best friend, Fred. She's said nothing about her feelings to him, to anyone at all. He didn't...
125K 5.1K 50
"š˜ š˜­š˜°š˜·š˜¦ š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶... š˜®š˜°š˜³š˜¦ š˜µš˜©š˜¢š˜Æ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜“š˜¶š˜Æ š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜“š˜µš˜¢š˜³š˜“ š˜¤š˜°š˜®š˜£š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜¦š˜„. š˜ š˜­š˜°š˜·š˜¦ š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶ š˜®š˜°š˜³š˜¦ š˜µš˜©š˜¢š˜Æ š˜¢ š˜£š˜Ŗš˜³š˜„ š˜­...