My Sunshine

By StilesRomanoff

Maya, scared, quiet, and oblivious girl, came up in the box. A funny sounding, but sweet seventeen year old b... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two

Chapter Seven

3 0 0
By StilesRomanoff

*Next Morning*

*Maya's point of view*

I woke up in the same position that we fell asleep in and I smiled.

Newt was snoring quietly and had his face nuzzled into my chest.

I lightly started tracing shapes on his back as he slept, the fabric of his shirt moving slightly as I did so.

*Fifteen minutes later*

Newt started to move around but I kept tracing shapes on his back, he hummed lightly.

"Good morning love." He greeted, his voice a little groggy.

"Good morning." I responded softly, he kissed up my chest all the way up to my lips, placing two pecks on my lips.

"I don't want to get up." He groaned knowing what I was going to say, I giggled slightly.

"Newt, you need to get caught up on the work you missed for three days."

"I know I know but I wanna stay here with you." He told me, I sighed.

"Ten minutes." I told him "Five minutes and you play with my hair." He responded.

"Deal." I told him, he laid his head down on my chest again and I started playing with his hair. The door to his hut flew open with Chuck.

"Maya! Guess what happened!" Chuck said running in, I could hear Newt groan slightly and I laughed "What happened?"

"Minho was jogging to the maze doors and fell on his face! It was so funny!" Chuck said in between laughs and gasps for air.

"That's hilarious! Is he okay?" I asked, he nodded "Bloody nose but nothing more." Chuck responded.

"Good, I'll be out in ten minutes, okay?" I told him.

Chuck nodded quickly and ran out of the hut, closing the door behind him.

"Did Chuck interrupt your cuddle time?" I asked Newt and he did a small nod with a pouty face.

"You said five minutes Newtie, it's been six."

He groaned and got off of me, I went to stand but forgot about my ankle causing me to fall with a small thud.

Newt's head poked out from the bed to look at me "Seems like you've fallen, love." He told me, I rolled my eyes.

"See I thought I was flying." I said sarcastically, he climbed out of bed and picked me up and sat me on his bed.

I quickly put my boot on then I grabbed my crutches, I opened the door to the hut and turned around to say bye to Newt but he had just taken his shirt off.

His back was turned towards me but I just stood there, watching his muscles flex as he dug through the crates for a shirt.

He turned around to see me standing there as a blushing mess, we made eye contact for a split second before I quickly turned around and closed the door.

I decided to annoy Gally so I walked over to the Builders with the help of my crutches, I got over there and saw Gally's favorite hammer.

I picked it up and hid it in the back of my shorts and tank top, a couple minutes later Gally came over and greeted me.

"Where's my hammer?!" He yelled, I covered my mouth "Yeah, who took it?!"

I yelled, Gally walked over to one of the gladers and started yelling at him.

I put his hammer back and yelled to Gally "Gally, what's your hammer look like?" I asked "Its blue and yellow, and this shank took it!"

"You mean that one?" I asked acting innocent, he looked over to where I pointed then looked back to the glader.

"What I thought." I heard Gally mumble to himself as he walked over and picked it up, Gally looked at me and I smiled.

I went over to the gardens and found Newt working.

We woke up late so everyone was already awake which weirded me out at first.

I walked over and saw Newt so I got close but not in their way and sat down, crutches next to me on the ground.

I laid down closing my eyes and soaked up the warm heat and light radiating off the sun, suddenly something wet and squishy being thrown at me.

I yelped, getting the life scared out of me, I sat up and looked to see Newt had accidently thrown mud on me.

"I'm sorry Love, I didn't see you there!" He told me, I shook my head and cleaned the access mud off my shirt and held it in my hand.

"It's okay, do you know where Chuck is?" I asked, he stopped working and thought for a moment "He has a day off so he's probably at his spot."

"Thanks!" I exclaimed, standing up and using my crutches to help me walk.

I found a left over bucket and hid my crutches behind a tree in the deadheads.

I limped and hopped my way to the stream with loads of mud and filled the bucket.

I made my way back to my crutches and put them under my arms, the bucket and handle in my hand.

I made my way to behind his spot with the bucket and placed it down, I leaned my crutches on the tree.

I got a handful of mud and threw it at Chucks back. He jumped about a foot with a shriek of terror.

I started laughing and gladers started looking over at us, I bent down and got a handful and chucked it at him again.

He started laughing and ran over, getting two handfuls and backed away quickly.

We emptied the bucket of mud, mud all over our clothes and skin.

Chuck ran off to go get more mud quickly so I moved out of the shade into the middle of the Glade.

I stood there a minute till Chuck came back with two buckets of mud, he placed one down by me and I tossed my crutches to the side.

As I did that I felt a mud ball being thrown into my side, I gasped and looked at the young pale curly haired boy.

"It's on!" I yelled, I grabbed two handfuls and started chucking them at him, the both of us laughing, giggling, and gasping for air.

I tried to hop out of the way of a mud ball but fell on my butt, we both laughed uncontrollably and I crossed my legs.

I got a huge handful and yelled "GO LONG!" Chuck ran back and I threw the mudball for him to try and catch.

He caught most of it in his hands but it sprayed his face with mud in the process "PFFT AHAH!"

I laughed, he laughed and threw his last ball of mud at me, hitting my chest with a thud.

I groaned slightly but covered it up so Chuck didn't think he hurt me.

We kept laughing and finally I laid down on my back, Chuck laying down next to me after a minute.

"That was fun!" Chuck exclaimed "And messy!" I added and we laughed, kept looking up at the sky and looked at all the clouds.

The sky was blocked by Newt standing over me and Chuck with a smile "Had fun you two?" He asked, I smiled and nodded childishly.

"You guys are bloody messes." He told us, I sat up using my forearms as support and saw me all muddy.

"Oops." I said with a giggle, Newt laughed "Your gonna have to clean up and Clint wants to talk to you Love."

I nodded and stood up with the help of Newt, he handed me my crutches and I made my way over to the med-jacks hut.

"You wanted me?" I asked Clint as he patted a chair next to him, I sat down and leaned my crutches on the desk.

"I wanted to see your ankle and if it's healing well then you won't need the crutches around the end of the week."

I nodded and lifted my leg and put it on his where he patted. "Why is it all brown and why are you muddy?" He asked, unwrapping it.

"Mudball fights with Chuck, and it's brown from the mud." I responded.

Clint nodded while lifting my leg to look at it at a different angle. He put my leg back down and grabbed a new wrap.

"Based on how it's healing you can be off the crutches by the end of the week but no running quite yet."

I nodded and he handed me my crutches "Go get cleaned up and rest, you can be outside but you have to sit."

"Thanks!" I told him, walking out of the med-jacks and going to my hut.

"Hey Maya!" I heard Chuck's sweet voice callout. "Hey Chuck, I'm going to change then I'll be out."

"Okay!" He said with a smile and I walked into my hut changing into a gray tank top crop top, matching gray shorts, my one boot, and put my long brown hair in a bun.

I walked out and Chuck and I went to his spot and just talked and laughed for a while till it was silent.

"Maya?" Chuck asked, I hummed in response. "What's a soulmate?" He asked.

I looked at him "Why do you wanna know?" I asked, he shrugged "Well..." I started and he looked at me.

I looked over to Newt working in the gardens while laughing with the others "It's like having a best friend but more."

"Having them by your side no matter what, being able to tell them anything or everything. Looking forward to seeing them and to be happy to be alive."

"You look forward to waking up in the morning to see them and seeing what will happen that day, and when you think..."

"When I think of losing that one person, I just... I feel sad and I hate that feeling but it's the truth. I don't really know if I've lost people before but what I do know is I never want to lose that one person."

"That one person, just one." I said, pointing to Newt so Chuck can see "That one person can change everything for you in a heartbeat, make everything happy, or sad and lonely."

"Why would you be sad and lonely?" Chuck asked, I looked down and played with my thumbs. "Make you sad and lonely if they died."

I wiped the tears off my cheeks quickly and looked to Chuck "I think you guys are soulmates. I mean he talks about you constantly."

"He tells me or Minho about whatever dream he had of you, how happy you make him, how beautiful you are, I could go on."

Chuck told me, I giggled quietly, probably looking like a tomato by how red I am.

"Well Curly, I think we should go get lunch." I told him, he nodded and stood up the pots and pans bashing together to tell everyone lunch is ready.

Chuck helped me up and grabbed my crutches and handed them to me, I held them and hopped most of the way till I got tired and used the crutches.

I got in line and waited with Chuck next to me, I held my empty bowl in my hand and my crutches in my other one using my one led to hold myself up.

"Do you love Newt?" Chuck asked a little loud as we moved up in line, I kept looking ahead of me and nodded.

"Of course I love Newt-" I got interrupted by yelling right behind us "MAYA LOVES NEWT!"

Nick yelled, I turned around and looked at him.

"Slim it Shank!" I hissed "Or what?" He asked.

"Listen, just because Clint gave me crutches don't mean I can't kick your butt."

"I'd like to see that hap-" He was interrupted by me using one of my crutches to hit him in the head, sending him down to the ground.

"Your wish is my command Shank." I spat, oohing erupted as he rolled onto his side holding his temple as my crutch was taken from my hand.

"Gally! Don't test me!" I yelled, I spun around and saw Alby. "Maya, what the shuck did you do that for!"

"He got into my business, yelled it to the whole glade, and practically told me to hurt him so I did!"

"Maya! You can't do that!" Alby yelled, I scoffed "But he can cat call me!?"

"He can try and rape me and I can't defend myself AND I'm thrown into the slammer?!"

I screamed in his face, it had been happening. I just didn't tell anyone and I tried ignoring it but it got too much for me at this point so I let it out.

"He can slap my shucking ass when I walk by and no one pays attention!? I'm tired of him being a good guy in front of the guys but an absolute pig to me!"

I screamed again, tears started to stream down my face freely and my crutches fell out of my hand as I told him and everyone. "I'm sorry for the cursing Chuck, but it's the truth."

I apologized to Chuck, I pushed my bowl into Alby's chest and he took it. I didn't dare bend over to grab my crutches due to Nick being there, I limped off to my hut.

Every time I stepped with my hurt ankle I winced in pain, I got to my hut and slammed the door shut, sliding down it and crying.

Someone tried pushing my hut door open but I refused and pushed it shut again "Go away."

I said to the person, they pushed again and again and I started getting mad, I stood up and yanked the door open.

"GO AWAY!" I screamed, practically getting tackled in a hug.

I didn't even know who was hugging me by the bear hug and my blurry vision from crying but I hugged back.

I started to sob uncontrollably and held onto them for dear life, I stopped crying after a while and started to hiccup.

"I want Newt." I told them, the first thing I said was I wanted Newt.

I felt a kiss being placed on the top of my head. "I know." I heard Newt say, I sighed and hugged him tighter.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not telling you, I know I could have, I was just scared." I whispered into the crook of his neck.

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault it's mine for not noticing." I shook my head in response.

"No, no it's not." I told him, he nodded "You were going through that alone and I never noticed and I am so sorry."

"Newt it's not your fau-" "You're going to stay here till I get back, okay?" Newt said, I nodded and he went to leave but I held onto him.

"How long?" I asked, he unwrapped my arms from around his torso and then put a hand on my cheek.

"Ten minutes tops." He told me, I nodded and he left quickly and I laid down on my bed in a ball with the covers over me.

*Hours later*

I woke up and it was the evening now but Newt wasn't in my hut, I got up and grabbed my other boot and put it on carefully since I didn't have my crutches.

I walked outside and went to his hut, nothing. I went to the eating area and kitchen and asked Frypan where he was, surprisingly he knew.

"I'm going to show you." Fry said "Just tell me, Fry." He shook his head "You don't have your crutches so I'm going to help you."

"Now sit, I'll take you in a second when I get you your food." I sighed and sat down on the counter where he patted.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I thought for a second. "Emotionally drained, tired, cold, and my head hurts."

"Drink some cool water, it will help the dehydration from crying and it will sooth your head." I took the cup and slowly drank it.

"Okay let's go." Fry said he had a bowl of soup for me in one hand and he wrapped one of my arms around his shoulder.

We started walking and soon enough made it to a place I didn't expect. "Is he yelling at Nick?" I asked and he shook his head.

"He was." I looked at him and questioned him "Then why are we going here if he was here." I questioned.

"He is here." He said as we walked up to one of the slammers that appeared empty till I got closer and saw Newt sitting in the shadows.

He looked up and scrambled to the bars of the slammer "I'm sorry, I got thrown in here for y-yelling at Nick."

I noticed something on his knuckles and saw they were scratched up and a bit bloody, I gasped.

"What happened to your hands?!" I quietly exclaimed as I carefully picked up one of his hands that were previously on the bar and pulled it out slightly.

He didn't answer and I looked him in the eyes "Newt..." I whispered and he looked at me "I know."

I looked back over and Fry was gone, I stood up and put the bowl of soup by the door. I looked at Newt then walked away.

"Maya, wait!" Newt whisper yelled, I kept walking knowing he thought I was upset with him, which I'm not. I just wanted to grab some stuff quickly.

I walked into my hut and grabbed the blankets off of there, I put my pillow on top and grabbed a jacket and leggings, quickly changing into the leggings.

I put the jacket on the pillow and limped to Newts hut, grabbing him an extra shirt since he didn't have a jacket.

Yes, I know it's hot in the glade, but at night it's freezing to me so I have a soft jacket to sleep in if needed.

I limped back to my hut and put the shirt on my jacket and folded the blankets to be a square type shape with the pillow, jacket, and shirt inside.

I knew by how dark it was that everyone but a couple people were awake.

I took the blankets and snuck back to the slammer.

I set the bundle of things on top of the slammer Newt was in and fiddled with the lock till it opened, I put the blankets on the grass and climbed in.

Newt looked up and saw me, he went to talk and I put a hand over my lip to keep him quiet.

I handed him the things and grabbed the cooled down soup and closed the door.

I stuck a rock on the bar touching the ground so it wouldn't fly open. I sat down next to Newt and handed the soup to him.

"I thought you were upset with me." He whispered, I shook my head "I knew people would get suspicious if I stayed."

He smiled and I laid out the blankets, I put my pillow on top of one so it wouldn't get dirty and laid the others on top.

He finished the soup that I didn't want and I handed him the shirt after putting the jacket on, he shook his head with a laugh.

"You are unbelievably adorable." He whispered and I smiled at him "I know." I said childishly, he put the shirt on over the dark brown wife beater he had on. (It's actually called that, look it up)

I had my back towards the wall and Newt closer to the door of the slammer.

I snuggled into his side, our legs a tangled mess. He had his arm around me playing with my hair and I was tracing shapes on his chest.

"Love?" He softly called my nickname, I looked up at him as my response. "Is what Nick said today true?"

"He said a lot of things today so I'm not sure." I joked, he was silent for a moment and I thought I went too far till he continued.

"That you love me, i-is that true?" He asked, almost nervous to ask and I nodded "Yeah, it's true..."

I trailed off, silence filling the air and I started to chew on the inside of my cheek out of nervousness.

"Chuck brought up what's it like being soulmates, and in line he asked if I love you and I told him yes then... well you know."

I told him, I realized I was probably scaring him or something or it was too soon. I tried to sit up but Newt wrapped both his arms around me and held me there so I couldn't stand.

"I love you too." He whispered, I smiled and leaned down and kissed him softly which he kissed back.

He moved his hands to my hips and guided me to straddle him, our soft kiss turning into a heated make out.

I placed my hands on his chest to help hold me up and he held onto my hips, rubbing them with his thumbs.

He moved down to my neck, kissing and sucking on it lightly moving from my collarbone to my jaw, he kissed back down to my neck.

We heard a howl, not too loud but loud enough to hear it a couple slammers down. I jumped and we looked out the slammer door to see Minho with a smirk.

Newt and I just looked at the boy who just caught us in the middle of a heated make out session, Newt cleared his throat and I slowly climbed off of him.

"Uhh." Newt stuttered awkwardly looking at his friend for a long time, Minho just snickered with a mischievous smile.

"I think I got the wrong Newt, see he wouldn't be in the slammer after yelling and beating somebody then making out with his girlfriend like nothing happened."

Minho teased, I just put my chin in the palm of my hand "It was a good make out..."

I mumbled under my breath, I guess it was clear enough since both Newt and Minho looked at me, Minho laughed and Newt had a small smirk growing on his lips.

"You can't blame me Newt!" I exclaimed quietly, both of them kept looking at me and I rolled my eyes.

"And something DID in fact happen which led to that." I said, pointing to Newt and I. "Anyways, I wanted to check on you but you suckfaces seem fine."

Minho teased with our 'nickname' and Minho looked at me "I'm sorry that Nick did those things to you Maya and I will do everything to help in the meeting."

"Thanks Mango, Good night." I told him using his nickname I gave him recently, he rolled his eyes which I could see due to the little lantern he brought.

"Night you two." He said and walked off, I looked at Newt who was looking at me with a small smirk.

"What?" I asked and he sat up and kept looking at me "So that was good?" He asked, pride laced in his voice.

I laughed and placed my forehead on his shoulder "I don't know, that shank interrupted it." I complained, he lifted my chin with his finger and kissed me again.

He laid me down on my back never separating his lips from mine once and laid on his side kissing me.

He kissed down my jaw under my ear, going back down to my collarbone and sucking on it lightly and I gasped slightly.

I felt him smirk slightly against my skin and he started rubbing up and down on my side, he came back and kissed me again.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and I moved from his lips down to his neck and started kissing him softly up and down.

I went right under his ear and sucked lightly and he tightened his grip on my hip, I went to kiss down his neck again when I heard the door to the slammer opening.

There stood a very angry looking Alby, Newt and I being caught looked at him and he just stared back.

"Were not in public, were clothed, and Chucks asleep..." I told Alby, hoping for some kind of leverage by telling him we're following his rules.

Alby took my words into thought and calmed down after a minute, he squatted down and looked at Newt.

"I didn't expect you two to listen first of all, and second I didn't expect this to happen." Alby told Newt, it was silent till Alby stood up.

"Actually go to bed tonight, Shanks." Alby said, locking the slammer door and walking off. Newt looked at me and then hung his head and laughed.

"Two times in a row." he said with a small laugh of defeat "We could try to make it three." I whispered, he looked at me quickly and I busted out laughing.

"Oh god, I was kidding!" I said in between gasps of air and he just looked at me still surprised I said that.

I calmed down and looked at him again, he looked a little hurt that I played with his feelings and I giggled.

"Aw I'm sorry!" I told him "What can I do to make it up to you?" I asked and he kissed me again. We're gonna get caught AGAIN, but it's worth it.

I thought to myself, I moved under his ear again and sucked on it, placing small kisses around there then moving to his jaw.

"If-if we don't stop I'm going to have hickeys." Newt whispered in my ear, his warm breath hitting my cold skin sending shivers down my spin.

He started kissing me again and I kissed back till he pulled away "But I know w-we both don't want to stop."

I looked him in the eyes for a moment "But we should." I whispered in response.

He nodded and laid down again pulling me to lay my head on his chest and my body in between his legs and started to play with my hair.

"Good night Newt, I love you." I whispered "Good night Maya, I love you too." He whispered back, placing a kiss at the top of my head and we both quickly fell asleep with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 266 17
Y/N was the first girl sent into the maze right before Teresa, the only catch was that she was sent up the Box along with Thomas. Neither of them had...
4.8K 98 26
Zoe Hannover, a sixteen year-old girl who works as a secretary for Dr. Ava Paige. "W.C.K.D is good." She's been told. But why does she have a reason...
50.4K 830 22
"hey, someone just ran into the maze!" "don't worry," Newt said, pulling the new greenie to his side, trying to continue talking to him. "I do this...
5.1K 67 16
Sara's purpose in life have never been clearer. Destiny tends to change without notice. Whipping life into a chaotic spiral and destroying peace and...