Lady Invincible

By zardelia

"Please, Hilise. Please die in place of Gabrielle." My always dignified brother begged me for the first time... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 67 (2)
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 78 (2)
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Announcement!
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 53

1.9K 52 7
By zardelia

However, he was relatively quick to pull himself together and put his attitude to treat Hillise as the head instead of Diego.

When she heard Alfredo, Hillise laughed.

It was obvious why the relatives visited her.

They must have heard the news that she's planning to celebrate at the King's Palace.

Instead, it was a step in contrast to the quiet elders of the family.

In fact, unlike other families in which the elders played a role, both large and small, the elders of Inoaden were not well known.

It was because Diego had several significant conflicts with them when he remarried Gabriel's mother.

They were opposed to welcoming the widow, who was not from any of the 52 families and even had Gabriel as the new hostess of Inoaden.

However, Diego was harsh and almost dissolved the presbytery's authority to remarry her.

Of course, the elders of Inoaden were furious with Diego.

Since then, no elders have ever appeared to discuss the family's affairs.

Even when Ricardo was announced as the new successor in her past life, Hillise expected that it would be the case again, as they did not send a greeting once politely.

"Tell them to go back."

She ordered the butler.

There was no reason to meet a flock of dogs that crawled in after smelling meat.

"Yes, I'll tell them so."

So Alfredo left the room again.

It wasn't long after that.

"You can't do this!"

There was a commotion outside.

Bump!

Suddenly, the door opened.

"Hillise!"

It was the relatives who she had forgotten their existence that came rushing in from outside.

"There you are. Your Aunt is here."

"Hillise, long time no see!"

"You've become prettier while I didn't see you, my little niece. And your hair is so red now!"

They came into the room and said their greetings even though Hillise didn't allow it.

Of course, their behaviour is very disrespectful.

The butlers, Alfredo, and May, who failed to stop the uninvited guests, and other employees, were standing outside the door.

Then, their faces became pale after receiving Hillise's attention.

However, I didn't blame them in this situation.

It was her relatives who were more senseless than she imagined.

And Hillise knew that it was because they were in front of her that they could behave like this.

It was because she had witnessed how much these people had usually treated her in front of Diego and Ricardo personally.

"Well, the butler is just trying to turn us back. He seems to have heard you wrong."

"Yeah, you didn't even see our faces at all, and you just tried to send us back like that. That can't be true, right?"

"What a sweet and nice girl you are, Hillise!"

They spoke as if they were trying to weaken Hillise's heart.

If she was the Hillise Inoaden before, she must have been restless when she heard these words in her presence.

Even if it was true that she tried to send them back without meeting them, she would have been sorry and offered them a seat.

"By the way, Hillise, how could you not tell us the news first?"

"Yeah, that's too much. You should have contacted us first if you had this kind of celebration! Then I would have come running to congratulate you."

"Of course, I knew you would bloom instead of Ricardo!"

"Yes, it's obvious that Hillise is the only one who will succeed Inoaden, but everyone's blind. Now it turned out like this, how lucky you are?"

They naturally began to settle down on the sofa, adding one word by one with a voice of excitement.

One of them even asked employees who were still standing by the door to bring some refreshments quickly.

The butlers and employees were swallowing dry saliva, waiting for Hillise orders with anxious eyes.

"But Hillise, is that true? Is it not only that you have become the successor to this generation, but that you have already succeeded Diego as the head."

Then one of the relatives asked in a subtle tone.

"No, of course, I'm not suspicious of it. It's such amazing news."

"You said you were going to celebrate at the King's Palace?"

"That's great, that's great! Hillise, you know that, right? How much I have loved you like my own daughter since you're a kid."

"I'm the one who gave birth to you with my heart. I don't know how proud and thrilled I am to see you do so well."

They now began to spit out their desperate feelings toward Hillise as if they were competing among themselves.

Until the news of Hillise awakening was announced, everyone had followed Diego and Ricardo and ignored her.

Besides, Diego was an only child, so he had no brother.

In other words, the relatives who came to Hillise now were at least cousins of Diego.

So, of course, their relation were farther from Hillise.

Nevertheless, the fact that they came to Hillise without hesitation to get a piece of meat proved how blatantly the people of Inoaden had been neglecting her.

Besides, the Hillise Inoaden, whom they knew, was so clumsy that she could be easily dragged around.

So, they might have thought that it wasn't unreasonable to take the seat in Inoaden once you applied candy to your hand and made her feel like a family.

Thak.

Hillise put the last point on the paper and put down the quill she held in her hand.

She had just finished her correspondence with Kalykia.

It was then when she moved her eyes toward the unwitting uninvited guests to deal with them.

"Chief."

Alfredo heard a whisper from the attendant, who had just dashed and reported the news from the door.

"The Ferrano family visited us."

Ferrano was one of the highest families under Innoaden.

"He's asking to see the chief because of the matter with the regular meeting."

The fact that Hillise became the head was news that had not yet spread to the outside world.

So the head of the Ferrano family would have visited not her but Diego.

"Guide him here."

It was expected that he would soon visit Inoaden's mansion due to the issue of regular meetings.

So he made a statement to the butler in advance.

Hillise immediately ordered the chief of Ferrano to be brought in.

"What? We're here, and we won't be going anywhere."

Then the relatives who had gathered in her room looked upset.

"Yes, of course, I understand you're busy because you suddenly become the head of the family and there's a lot of people to meetㆍㆍㆍ."

"But isn't it a bit rude to put someone in here without asking our opinion?"

"Your Auntie is right. This the first time in a while we gather like this,isn't it? I don't want to be disturbed while we're together."

Hillise stared at them.

Her relatives who complained looked like how May used to be when she looked at her past self.

"It's interesting. You're discussing courtesy in this situation."

Not long ago, the attitude of the people of Inoaden's mansion and the reaction of the collateral relatives in front of her right now was so much the same that she felt bored.

"It doesn't seem like the words of the uninvited guests who came into the room without the owner's permission and took their seats shamelessly."

"Wha-, what?"

Her relatives puffed their mouths with faces that they couldn't understand what they heard right now.

With her small gesture, May quickly poured new tea water into the empty teacup in front of Hillise.

She lifted a steaming teacup, whether her relatives looked at her with frowned eyes or not.

"If I don't go out with your own feet now, I'll kick you out. If you want to check for yourself, I won't stop you if there's more left."

The eyes that looked at Hillise began to shake with embarrassment.

"Hey, Hillise. What a terrible thing that you're telling us right nowㆍㆍㆍ."

They didn't think of getting out of their seats right away but sat with heavy hips and stuttered.

Then a relatively quick-witted relative said with an awkward smile.

"It looks like our niece must be in a bad mood today. Well, it's our fault that we came all of a sudden without any notice."

"Hmm, yeah. I'm sorry if you're offended. After a long time, I missed your face so much that my heart was took control."

Relatives who were looking at each other began to talk one by one, suppressing their discomfort.

Hillise drank her tea and stared at them indifferently.

When did she tell you to apologize?

She always wondered why no one could understand her words at once.

Knock, knock.

"The head of Ferrano is here."

Meanwhile, a middle-aged man with a large build entered Hillise's room.

A man with a heavy atmosphere with his half-white hair neatly turned back to reveal the angular facial lines intact.

He was Norton, the head of the Ferrano family.

As soon as he entered the room, he narrowed his eyes to the appearance of Hillise and her relatives.

"It's been a long time since I saw you, Miss Hillise."

Still, Norton quickly erased that sign and said hello.

"I heard that the chief is here, but it seems that the butler was mistaken. Also, I am sorry for disturbing the busy time in the room where there are other people in the room."

He said he would guide him to where the chief was, but there were only Hillise and other guests here, so he deserved to think that the butler made a mistake.

"Then I'll go back right away. Before that, I heard the news that you have awakened as a successor this time. As the family of Ferrano following Inoaden, we are delighted."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Proofread by: swearingpuppy

Mtled by:amaryllis0

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 27 25
Li Qingyuan died because of the betrayal of Jianyu, Xiuying, 3th prince, and his own wife, Ruling. Before his death he promised that he would make th...
300 32 41
...i don't care about your opinions...I just don't want you kill to yourself...you still have a long life ahead of you... somewhere along the way...
3.7K 359 26
"Adu please" came a hoarse loud voice of dev from a little afar....."d..don't leave me, I will die adu please just for once listen to me" desperation...
445K 16.7K 59
"I want our engagement to be annulled,your highness" I'm just a simple girl in the modern world who died and was reincarnated in the world of the fan...