Good vs. Evil

By duke_destin

Y/n Fawley was just another student in the background. Good grades but not good enough to be sought out. A go... More

Notes
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chater 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Healing Era??
Chapter 68
Chapter Sixty nineeeee
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 1

25.9K 511 122
By duke_destin

"You know I don't care about that." I scoffed, scooping a spoonful of cream of wheat into my mouth.

"Yeah, but if you had to choose. Mudblood or Pureblood?" Elijah insisted. "Come on, it's not astrology."

"Well, I guess Father would rather I marry a Pureblood." I shrugged, "But I couldn't care less."

I reached past Elijah to grab a goblet of pumpkin juice.

"What about-" I was cut off by Hera slamming books down on the table, the thud echoing through the hall.

"Yes?" I asked, batting my eyes.

"Did you hear about Sirius Black?" She sat down on my other side, snatching the drink from me. "Don't drink that. I saw Seamus Finnegan doing something to it last night."

"Anyway," She moved on, "He was seen in Hogsmeade last night."

She waited for us to react.

"I thought he was dead." Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"No, that's Pettigrew." I nudged him in the side, "Black is the one who killed Potter's parents."

"Don't say it like that!" Hera snapped, looking around to see if anyone was listening. No one was, of course.

"How else am I supposed to say it?" I said, more quietly this time. "That's what happened."

"But it sounds insensitive when you say it like that." She argued.

"Mhm." I rolled my eyes, scooping another spoonful of my food in my mouth.

"What class do you have first?" Elijah asked, changing the subject.

"Herbology with Hufflepuffs." Hera smiled, we all knew that was her favourite.

I groaned, swallowing my food.

"Divination with Gryffindors." I sighed, putting my head on my fist.

"We're not that bad." Elijah chuckled.

"You aren't but those three are." I nodded my head over to the table across from us, where Potter, Weasley, and Granger were whispering amongst themselves.

"What's wrong with Harry?" Hera leaned forward, staring at him.

"What isn't?" I sighed. I got up and started gathering my things. "Remember first year?"

Hera nodded.

"Remember second?"

She nodded again.

"I rest my case."

I started to walk away.

"Lunch?" Elijah called.

"Quidditch!" I called back.

I wandered the hall, slowly making my way to Divination. I watched the paintings as they went along their daily business.

"Y/n!" A soft voice called. I turned around to see Flora sitting on her throne of roses in a painting with a light sunset behind her.

"Yes, Flora?" I smiled.

"You have Divination today, correct?"

"Yes. It's my first class of the day." I smiled.

"Wonderful!" She trilled, "We can talk all about it tonight!"

"Sounds delightful, Flora." I nodded my head, "I will see you tonight."

She waved as I walked up a flight of stairs. At the top of the stairs, I was met with a large door. I pulled it open slowly, grunting at how heavy it was.

On the other side of the door was a long spiralling stair case going up to the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me a moment but I finally got up to the small trap door. I pushed it open and climbed in, leaving it open for the next student.

I wandered into the empty classroom and took a random spot.

Professor Trelawney bustled in, holding multiple tea cups in her hands, mumbling to herself. She turned around and jumped.

"Oh! Dear, you startled me." She chuckled, putting a hand over her heart.

"Uh huh." I said hesitantly.

Her magnified eyes stared at me intensely.

"Would you like help with those?" I offered, motioning towards the cups.

"No, no. I'm fine, thank you." She set the cups down on the shelves. "You just relax there."

She hurried back out of the room and was gone again.

I heard shuffling coming from the door before hearing two voices bickering.

Ron Weasley stumbled into the room, Harry Potter following him. They failed to acknowledge my presence and went to sit on the other side of the room.

After a few moments, Ronald looked up and saw that I was there. He nudged Harry in the ribs. Harry looked up at me and we made eye contact. I smiled and he quickly looked down, whispering to Ron again.

I heard loud swearing coming from the back of the room. Ron and Harry looked up nervously. Elijah walked in casually and sat down next to me.

"You fell, didn't you?" I snickered.

He shushed me as I controlled my laugh.

"Thank Merlin you're here." I sighed, "Do you know how awkward it is to have two boys that you've never met talk about you like you aren't there?"

"Oh, I couldn't imagine how annoying that must be." He said loudly.

Ron and Harry looked at each other before looking over at us.

I slapped Elijah's shoulder, laughing quietly. I could feel my face burn. "Shut up!" I hissed.

"Are you blushing?" He shouted again.

"Quit it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shuffled into the empty common room, peeling off my quidditch gear. I breathed heavily, still recovering from practice. I went into my dorm, throwing my stuff under my bed.

I quickly got into the shower, hoping that I would be ready by potions. I heard someone walk into the dorms but I didn't think much of it.

I turned off the water and quickly got dressed, struggling with the clothes sticking on my wet skin. I pulled up my skirt and eventually got my, now wet, shirt on. I stumbled out of the bathroom as I tied my tie.

Under my messy duvet I saw a little piece of parchment sticking out. I pulled it out and quickly read what it said.

'Meet me in the courtyard after astrology. -Elijah'

I rolled my eyes and put the parchment in the trash. If he's going to get us into trouble then we can't have any evidence.

I stuffed my wand, ink, and parchment into my bag and hurried down the stairs and out into the hallway. I had a long ways to go to get to potions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hurried down the dungeon hall and quickly opened the door, hoping that Snape wouldn't notice.

Snape stopped talking immediately.

"Ms. Fawley." He drawled. "You are late."

"My apologies Professor." I sighed, closing the door softly.

"That is your warning. Take your seat."

I quickly sat down at the back of the class, wishing that I hadn't come at all. 

"I want you to write down all the effects of the  Ashwinder egg."

I pulled out my ink and parchment paper, sinking in my chair.

What is wrong with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 236 25
What if two people from VERY different backgrounds fell in love with you? Watch the story of Y/n Y/l/n unfold as she goes through her 1st year at Hog...
86K 1.6K 49
Y/n Fawley grew up in the wizarding world, her parents both being from pureblood families. And now, it's finally time for her to start Hogwarts. Alon...
93.3K 2.8K 33
Y/n l/n a half-blood witch who was disgraced by her grandparent's; well it was more her mom who was shames. M/n Fawley part of the sacred 28 fell in...
2.5K 62 29
āš”Completedāš” You're friends with Cedric Diggory and the golden trio. They help you through all your times of need, especially when everyone in the wh...