Lady Invincible

By zardelia

"Please, Hilise. Please die in place of Gabrielle." My always dignified brother begged me for the first time... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 67 (2)
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 78 (2)
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Announcement!
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 21

5K 168 22
By zardelia

"The good news is from Ricardo?"

"Yes. You would know from that day because you saw it with your own eyes. I haven't officially announced it yet, but Ricardo has finally awakened."

Diego was lying, not telling Christian the truth.

Though his face and expression were boldly calm, even when lying.

Christian stared at Diego with an invisible smile.

"In particular, Hilise was curious about Ricardo's power, so she asked him to act as if it were hers in front of others."

Oh, such a story.

A knowing light passed through Christian's face.

"I think Gabrielle was too young, so she wanted to call her fiancé and surprise him."

This way, it would seem as if the person who used the power was Ricardo, not Hilise.

"So, Ricardo listened to his younger siblings' stupidity, but he said he made a mistake while using his power from a distance. So, that's why Gabrielle was so mean in front of you."

Christian listened to Diego's situational drama with both interest and humor.

"After you left, she was so heartbroken that she cried."

"Is that so."

Christian simply replied with an inscrutable face.

Diego looked at him and narrowed his eyes a little.

Even though his fiancée cried out of heartache, Christian didn't show any reaction.

"You know, Gabrielle is a little delicate. Though, it must have been terrible to be in such a hideous situation in front of her fiance so her heart would have been hurting."

However, that isn't what mattered now. Diego quickly erased the sharpness from his face and opened his mouth again.

"Gabrielle is so determined that she doesn't want to see your face until the embarrassment goes away. Since then, she has become so sensitive that no outsiders are allowed to enter the mansion. A child who always wanted to show only pretty things in front of her fiancé. I think she felt very awful, so even if you are disappointed, please understand."

In doing so, the reason why other people were banned from entering Inoaden until now was transformed into Gabrielle's sensitivity.

Christian raised his hand and slowly swept his chin, drawing a strange smile on his face.

Then, he said, looking directly at Diego sitting across from him.

"Is that Inoaden's answer to my request for breaking off the engagement?"

In an instant, Diego's face hardened.

Christian made a request for a visit to Inoaden, but when it was not accepted, he notified in writing of breaking off his engagement with Gabrielle.

As soon as Diego saw it, he tore it to pieces.

And he didn't even talk about it to Gabrielle at all.

It was because, in the first place, they did not want to accept the request to break off with Parvenon.

"I guess you misunderstood what you're talking about. The reason I asked for a breakup was not because I was disappointed with Gabrielle's appearance that I saw that day."

Christian looked at Diego as if he was sorry.

Diego felt the heat from inside and bit his teeth.

"Do you think this is like a kid's joke?"

The next moment, the ferocious energy from Diego's body pressed heavily around him.

"In any case, breaking off an engagement can't be established. It's a big mistake if you thought you could change family affairs so easily, like flipping the palm of your hand."

Then, Christian's head tilted to the side.

"I think Parvenon was considerate enough to Inoaden."

The silver hair in the light sparkled along his head. His red eyes stuck under it conveyed a different emotion than before.

"As I said in writing, if we keep the engagement of the two families, but proceed with changing the story to each other, it seems that there is no real relationship between each other. Am I wrong?"

He was staring at Diego as if he were seeing a stupid man who couldn't understand words.

In Diego's eyes, a wave of thicker anger rose.

Sururuk.

As if representing Diego's feelings, a vine of roses that had gradually stretched out from him crawled threateningly to Christian's feet.

However, it was eaten by the white frost that sprouted on the floor as soon as a cool smile on Christian's face hit and froze.

"Besides, Inoaden's claim is strange. What I saw at that time was definitely Miss Hilise's power." Christian added.

Diego then replied without delay, twisting his face as if stung by a bee.

"You are still misunderstanding because of the children's pranks. That's not Hilise, it's Ricardo's power."

Lenoch, who had stepped back and listened to the conversation between the two, made a subtle expression.

He, too, witnessed Hilise's abilities with his own eyes at Inoaden that day.

Christian reacted as if he had heard a funny joke without refuting it.

"Is that so? Then, soon there's going to be an announcement of regeneration in Inoaden soon."

Diego replied with a still stiff voice.

"I'm sure it should be, but... I'm about to postpone because Ricardo doesn't want to publicize it until he can fully handle the power freely."

Christian raised the tip of his lips and smiled as if he knew it.

He was very elaborate and tried to hide the facts about Hilise's awakening.

'You are doing something meaningless. I don't know if there is any way to transfer her abilities to Ricardo...'

"I see. I see."

Though Christian also decided to stop here today.

If Inoaden delayed the announcement of Hilise's awakening as it is, it might have been advantageous for him who knew the fact in advance.

So, he didn't come to the forefront right now, ignoring Diego's excuses.

But as expected...

"Even so, you cannot cover the sky with your palm..."

Diego's useless struggling was ridiculous.

"No matter how long you postpone it, the day that the news of Inoaden will spread throughout the country will not be long enough."

Christian's words with ambiguous meaning made deep wrinkles in Diego's brow.

Soon, he recited as a warning.

"You don't... You're not going to take those groundless words from your mouth elsewhere, right?"

"Well. Wouldn't it be tiring?"

Christian laughed harmlessly, lowering his eyes slightly.

"I'm looking forward to the upcoming celebratory days."

Christian then got up first.

"I would be happy if I could be the first one to congratulate you on the announcement of the regeneration of Inoaden."

Of course, the congratulations would be for Hilise, not Ricardo.

However, Christian said goodbye to Diego, leaving his backstabbing in an old-fashioned way.

"Also, the intentions of Parvenon will not change in the future, so I look forward to receiving a positive answer from Inoaden as soon as possible."

"Inoaden's decision is also unchanged."

"It will change, soon."

Diego growled and said, but Christian moved his steps as usual with a smooth smile on his face.

The frozen rose around his shoes became transparent and shattered.

Christian walked out of the door with his back against Diego, who had a frozen face.

***

"You think the news is true, don't you?"

"I think so."

On the way out of the resting area and walking down the hall, Christian asked Lenoch, which he affirmed.

They were told that Hilise had been imprisoned in Inoaden's home a few days ago.

Of course, the source was the employee of Inoaden, who had been planted in advance. Though looking at Diego's attitude right now, the news seemed to be true.

Besides, he seemed unwilling to release his daughter's detention for a while.

'Then, how can I save the poor princess trapped in the tower?'

Christian laughed like a fox with a greedy prey in a trap.

When he went down the stairs and reached the hall on the first floor, he noticed that people were gathering in one place.

"Happy birthday, Lady Kalykia."

In the middle of it was Violetta Kalykia, the protagonist of today's ball.

The Princess of Calicia is now twenty two.

Originally, the one that was called 'The Princesses of Kalykia' was with her older sister, but she was dismissed from her family a long time ago, and now Violetta alone, continues the nickname.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 32 41
...i don't care about your opinions...I just don't want you kill to yourself...you still have a long life ahead of you... somewhere along the way...
3.4K 349 25
"Adu please" came a hoarse loud voice of dev from a little afar....."d..don't leave me, I will die adu please just for once listen to me" desperation...
12.7K 300 19
Yeah, this is another story about depressed, sad and suicidal Lucy Heartfilia, but I want to write it my way. So if you like this kind of stuff, feel...
2.8M 172K 117
[COMPLETED]✔ Book 3 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM How do you win a game when you don't know who all the players are? --⊰♥⊱-- "You can...