C Language Cultivation

By MikiHanna

Lin Xun is a programmer. After coding all night, he found a program input window in his body. He tried to pro... More

Chapter 1 The infinite loop (1)
Chapter 2 The infinite loop (2)
Chapter 3 The infinite loop (3)
Chapter 4 The infinite loop (4)
Chapter 5 The infinite loop (5)
Chapter 6 The infinite loop (6)
Chapter 7 Crawlers (1)
Chapter 8 Crawlers (2)
Chapter 9 Crawlers (3)
Chapter 10 Crawlers (4)
Chapter 11 Firewall (1)
Chapter 12 Firewall (2)
Chapter 13 Firewall (3)
Chapter 14 Firewall (4)
Chapter 15 Overflow (1)
Chapter 16 Overflow (2)
Chapter 17 Overflow (3)
Chapter 18 Overflow (4)
Chapter 19 DDOS (1)
Chapter 20 DDOS (2)
Chapter 21 DDOS (3)
Chapter 22 DDOS (4)
Chapter 23 Disconnect from the Internet (1)
Chapter 24 Disconnect from the Internet (2)
Chapter 25 Object Oriented (1)
Chapter 26 Object Oriented (2)
Chapter 27 Object Oriented (3)
Chapter 28 Object Oriented (4)
Chapter 29 Debug (1)
Chapter 30 Debug (2)
Chapter 31 Debug (3)
Chapter 32 Debug (4)
Chapter 33 Debug (5)
Chapter 34 Pointer (1)
Chapter 35 Pointer (2)
Chapter 36 Pointer (3)
Chapter 37 Pointer (4)
Chapter 38 Pointer (5)
Chapter 40 Pointer (7)
Chapter 41 Loophole (1)
Chapter 42 Loophole (2)
Chapter 43 Loophole (3)
Chapter 44 Loophole (4)
Chapter 45 Loophole (5)
Chapter 46 Loophole (6)
Chapter 47 Loophole (7)
Chapter 48 Loophole (8)
Chapter 49 Loophole (9)
Chapter 50 Duplication (1)
Chapter 51 Duplication (2)
Chapter 52 Duplication (3)
Chapter 53 Duplication (4)
Chapter 54 Duplication (5)
Chapter 55 Duplication (6)
Chapter 56 Duplication (7)
Chapter 57 Duplication (8)
Chapter 58 Duplication (9)
Chapter 59 Duplication (10)
Chapter 60 Traversal (1)
Chapter 61 Traversal (2)
Chapter 62 Traversal (3)
Chapter 63 Traversal (4)
Chapter 64 Traversal (5)
Chapter 65 Artificial Amentia (1)
Chapter 66 Artificial Amentia (2)
Chapter 67 Artificial Amentia (3)
Chapter 68 Artificial Amentia (4)
Chapter 69 Artificial Amentia (5)
Chapter 70 Artificial Amentia (6)
Chapter 71 Artificial Amentia (7)
Chapter 72 Artificial Amentia (8)
Chapter 73 Artificial Amentia (9)
Chapter 74 Compression (1)
Chapter 75 Compression (2)
Chapter 76 Compression (3)
Chapter 77 Compression (4)
Chapter 78 Compression (5)
Chapter 79 Compression (6)
Chapter 80 Compression (7)
Chapter 81 Compression (8)
Chapter 82 Compression (9)
Chapter 83 Papers (1)
Chapter 84 Papers (2)
Chapter 85 Papers (3)
Chapter 86 The shortest path (1)
Chapter 87 The shortest path (2)
Chapter 88 The shortest path (3)
Chapter 89 The shortest path (4)
Chapter 90 The shortest path (5)
Chapter 91 The shortest path (6)
Chapter 92 The shortest path (7)
Chapter 93 The shortest path (8)
Chapter 94 The shortest path (9)
Chapter 95 D-L (1)
Chapter 96 D-L (2)
Chapter 97 D-L (3)
Chapter 98 D-L (4)
Chapter 99 D-L (5)
Chapter 100 OS (1)
Chapter 101 OS (2)

Chapter 39 Pointer (6)

622 46 0
By MikiHanna

Qi Yun passively entered the door.

Lin Xun and Chang Ji took the initiative to enter the door.

Without turning, Lin Xun stretched his hand behind him after entering and closed the iron security door.

Qi Yun stood stiffly in the hallway, a trace of desolation visible in his figure.

Lin Xun said, “You haven’t actually committed anything against the sect; don’t worry, we will treat you kindly.”

Qi Yun, “Do you think I will believe you?”

Lin Xun, “Look, Chang Ji is here. The Buddhist clan are compassionate. How can we harm you?”

Qi Yun, “He stunned at least twenty people without warning earlier today. Now tell me, was he being compassionate? I tell you—”

Xiaoyao Zi, who had just hung up the phone, walked into the living room, and saw Lin Xun dragging Xiao Xiao.

“Bring her here; I’ll draw out the devil in her body.”

Lin Xun brought Xiao Xiao to the sofa, and helped her sit up so that Xiaoyao Zi could touch her back. Then he looked around the empty living room. “Senior, what about the others?”  

Xiaoyao Zi, “We’ve officially began eliminating demons today. All Taoists have rushed to subdue demons everywhere, and I’m the only one here to help.”

Lin Xun, “Everywhere?”

“Yes,” while Xiaoyao Zi touched the center of Xiao Xiao’s spine with a finger, he said to Lin Xun, “Shen Ji Zhenjun has put all the power of Tianyan Sect into monitoring traces of activities involving the devils, and laid the sky-stars array for this city.”

He pointed to the wall on the left side of the room. “The array was completed today. You can take a look at it.”

Lin Xun and Chang Ji walked towards the wall, with Qi Yun following behind. 

An ancient splashed ink landscape painting originally hung on that side of the wall, but now, a modern picture showing an aerial view of the capital had replaced it. Faint silver threads crisscrossed and connected numerous points everywhere in the picture. From time to time, some red dots would light up somewhere, representing a location where an evil seed appeared. At the same time, there were small golden dots on the map slowly moving in several places; presumably, this indicated the position of other cultivators.

“This…is convenient for killing devils.” Lin Xun said.

“No.” Chang Ji touched the surface of this picture, saying, “This could only show the trace of evil seeds, but we can’t see the devils.”

Lin Xun, “Like Xiao Xiao?”

Chang Ji, “Yes.”

They looked to Xiaoyao Zi.

A mysterious array emerged from Xiaoyao Zi’s palm, and then he slammed it into Xiao Xiao’s body!

Xiao Xiao coughed out a big mouthful of black blood, and at the same time, a black figure slowly emerged from her.

Xiaoyao Zi quickly took out a snow-white whisk tucked in the wide-sleeve of his robes, and struck the black figure, shutting it down to the ground instantly!

An evil seed appeared as a black mist, and this thing had a vague, black human form. As soon as it came out of Xiao Xiao’s body, it let out a shrill cry, almost overturning people’s skull.

Xiaoyao Zi, “This…”

He sighed. “Sure enough, other devil forms have appeared. This is a sound devil; an evil seed that has evolved and has already opened some spiritual wisdom. The sound devil uses sound to deceive people. Its equivalent stage in the cultivation realm is the middle of foundation stage, and most mortals cannot resist it. Fortunately, you have controlled it well and it has not affected more mortals.”

Lin Xun, “There were hundreds of people in the gym at that time. Although Mrs. Butterfly said she would handle it… I’m still worried…”

“It’s okay,” Xiaoyao Zi said, “Nanzhao Sect came from Miaojiang. Although it belongs to cultivators, they also specialize in witchcraft, including illusions and venomous insects. Madam is good at this and can alter people’s memory of that time.”

Senior Xiaoyao Zi’s words were too literary, as if he was reciting them from a book, which Lin Xun found difficult to comprehend. Although this was the case, he was able to understand that Madam could use illusory techniques to deal with the audience’s memories.

While they were talking, Xiao Xiao opened her eyes as she lay on the sofa.   

She looked at the room in confusion, opened her mouth, but said nothing.

“Don’t move.” Xiaoyao Zi patted another talisman on her body before letting go of her back. “Okay, it’s okay.”

After Xiao Xiao was a little bit sober, Xiaoyao Zi asked, “How much do you remember about the past few days?”

Xiao Xiao looked at him blankly for a long time, before saying, “I… I don’t know, I can’t remember.”

She frowned, and after a while. “I remember I was going to the show, brother sent me to there, and then…”

Xiaoyao Zi sighed.

Lin Xun asked her, “Why do you want to go to that show?”

Xiao Xiao said, “I suddenly felt that I could sing very well… Then I sang to my mother, and she also said I sang well.”

Lin Xun, “Then you signed up?”

Xiao Xiao, “I really want to sing. I can’t wait to start earning money. When I saw the news about the registration, I just…”

They could only ask Xiao Xiao these things. After comforting her, Lin Xun sent her out the door.

“You… study hard.” Lin Xun finally said, “If you have any difficulties, you can come find us.”

Xiao Xiao bit her lower lip, nodded, and went downstairs; her back looked very thin.

Before the incident, no one had expected that a girl who looked so weak would harbor such a strong negative emotion in her heart because of her family so that it attracted a powerful devil into her body.

“The sound devil has already appeared, and it won’t be long before the other devils also appear.” Xiaoyao Zi approached the sky-stars array with his hands behind his back. “This is a great calamity that our cultivators have not seen in hundreds of years, and it is also a great calamity for the world…”

Having said this, he turned his gaze and stared at Qi Yun.

Although Qi Yun lacked a little in terms of his IQ, he seemed to know how to judge the situation. When Xiaoyao Zi stared at him, he immediately became quiet like a chicken, and even hid behind Chang Ji.

He listened to Xiaoyao Zi. “What is your master doing today? Does he know of the invasion of devils?”

Qi Yun, “No.”

Xiaoyao Zi, “Then why did you come to this city?”

Qi Yun, “I’m a singer. I came to attend a show.”

Xiaoyao Zi, “Where is your master now?”

Qi Yun, “I won’t tell you.”

Xiaoyao Zi sneered. “You must have come here to spy on the secret of the Chixiao Dragon Sword.”

Qi Yun, “…”

Lin Xun thought. No, senior, he is not that smart. He really is here to develop his career.

“Never mind.” Xiaoyao Zi said, “You killed many devils today. I won’t embarrass you. Just bring my message to your master. Tell him, since we are in great trouble, I’ll forgive him if he repents and returns to Qingcheng, and work with us in killing the devils.”

Qi Yun rolled his eyes.

“I’ll bring this message.” Qi Yun, “Anyway, my master won’t agree. Our Sword Sect is the Qingcheng orthodox. You cultivators——”

Suddenly he was silent.

Lin Xun turned his head and looked at Qi Yun. He saw Qi Yun’s eyes widen in shock as he struggled to open his mouth and could only glare at Chang Ji.

Xiaoyao Zi’s face was already very bad. “It’s been hundreds of years since the battle between Dao and Sword has been settled. Stop spouting nonsense!”

Qi Yun could no longer speak nonsense.

Qi Yun, who couldn’t speak nonsense, was taken by Chang Ji and thrown outside the door.

Lin Xun’s phone lighted up quickly.

Jiyan Sect-Fei Hong: I can’t talk anymore

Jiyan Sect-Fei Hong: What did the bald donkey do

Jiyan Sect-Fei Hong: How do I solve it  

A happy pointer: I don’t know.

A happy pointer: You ask him.

A happy pointer: Brother Chang Ji is kind, he won’t embarrass you.

Jiyan Sect-Fei Hong: Do you think I’ll believe you

Lin Xun turned off his phone; he didn’t want to talk with people who didn’t add a punctuation mark to their message.

The behavior of not adding a punctuation mark to chat messages is akin to writing a program and forgetting to add a semicolon, or even neglecting to wrap everything in curly braces. It is extremely ugly.

After expelling Qi Yun, Xiaoyao Zi became much calmer, and began to explain specific details about devils to Lin Xun and Chang Ji, such as the different types of devils and the exact way to deal with which devil.

Evil seeds are low-level devils; they are senseless and can only attack mechanically, and are equivalent to the Qi refining period.

What invaded Xiao Xiao was an intermediate devil. Unlike low-level devils, they have a certain degree of wit, possess strong demon energy, and can quickly spread the evil seeds. The equivalent realm ranges from Foundation Establishment to Gold Core.

As for the high-level devils that command a group of devils, according to Xiaoyao Zi, their appearance and behavior are no different from real people. Their strength is indistinguishable by ordinary means and is comparable to the Nascent Soul stage. To gauge their strength, one can only observe and find clues from the activities of other devils.

Lin Xun thought about the scene when Xiao Xiao’s song infected the entire audience in the gymnasium and frowned after connecting the incident to Xiaoyao Zi’s explanation.

Only today did he realize that the invasion of devils was not a trivial matter but a real disaster.

And he was just a simple programmer ten days ago – the world is changing too fast.

When he finally returned downstairs to his apartment, the three people were already having dinner.

Wang Anquan, “You were out for ten hours, did you go fooling around with Dong Jun again?”

Lin Xun, “Dong Jun is in Canada, I have no chance to fool around with him.”

Wang Anquan, “So you admit to fooling around with him before?”

Lin Xun didn’t care about Wang Anquan’s words anymore because he heard the meowing.

Although Pointer was no longer a kitten, its voice was still milky, and it meowed as it came out of his room at the same time.

Lin Xun stepped forward and picked it up. “Have you eaten?”

Then he looked at the cat bowl – it ate a lot.

Pointer, “Meow.”

Wang Anquan, “It’s been looking for you the entire day.”

Lin Xun felt guilty towards Pointer.

He squeezed Pointer’s tender paw pad, then looked at its delicate and clean programming interface, and said warmly, “I won’t go out tomorrow.”

Pointer, “Meow.”

Lin Xun smiled. “I will give you snacks.”

Pointer immersed himself in eating today’s snack, then jumped to Lin Xun’s side, rubbed against him, and looked very affectionate.

At this moment, Lin Xun believed that he had established a deep relationship with Pointer; although they had only been together for just three days, he felt he had been raising it for three years. Perhaps his feeling can be attributed to Pointer’s good character.

Faced with such a beautiful cat with a good temperament, Lin Xun’s heart gradually became wicked.

He took a thin blanket from the bed and suddenly wrapped Pointer from behind!

Pointer, “Meow!”

Lin Xun wrapped it into an irresistible cat-worm, only exposing its head, and then picked up the pet toothbrush and toothpaste from the side. “Be good. We need to brush your teeth.”

——This was also what Dong Jun ordered. If he was already familiar with it, he can brush Pointer’s teeth once a day.

“Don’t move, be good.” Lin Xun, “Your teeth are so beautiful.”

He gently brushed Pointer’s teeth with the small colloidal brush head and felt happy upon seeing the cat’s desperate expression after it stopped resisting.

A thought struck him immediately, Does Dong Jun deal with Pointer’s teeth in the same way every day? 

He curled his lips unconsciously, rolled a few times on the bed while hugging Pointer, then untied the blanket wrapped around Pointer, before opening WeChat.

It was half past seven in the evening.

Half past seven was a delicate time. According to Canada’s time zone, Dong Jun would already be up but had not started work yet.

Lin Xun held Pointer and sent Dong Jun a message.

A happy pointer: I fed Pointer his snack today and then brushed his teeth.

A happy pointer: [Photo]

A happy pointer: Do you want to have a video call with it?

Dong Jun’s reply came quickly.

Dong Jun: [Document]

Lin Xun received, downloaded, and opened it.

Lin Xun, “…”

Error report information.

Of his car.

——they exposed him this quickly?  

He typed quickly.   

A happy pointer: I…I can explain.

A happy pointer: There was a very important matter at the time and I needed to drift the car, but the system did not allow me to drive like that, so I…removed the motherboard.

He anxiously waited for Dong Jun’s reply.

One minute, two minutes.

Three minutes later, there was still no reply.

A happy pointer: Was the bug report sent to you?

A happy pointer: I was wrong; I won’t tamper with it next time.

A happy pointer: qwq

After another minute, Dong Jun finally replied.

Dong Jun: There’s no next time.

This tone seemed harsh.

Lin Xun grabbed Pointer’s hair anxiously, thinking that the male god seemed to be angry.

He was like a student who had been criticized by the teacher for doing something wrong; he felt a little wronged and uncomfortable.

He wanted to admit his mistake. He typed in the input box, then deleted, and then changed, until finally deciding to delete everything, and just looked at the chat interface, at a loss for words and what to do next.

As he sank into his depression, another message popped up.

Dong Jun: Pay attention to safety.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
395K 33K 16
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...
979K 23.5K 42
Limitied Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 10+ chapters of this story and win 30 Coins (2000 Winners) Wh...
1.5M 90.5K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...