Trapped in Black Butler || Se...

By Fanfictato

You had ways to avoid reality, to engage in a moment of respite from the harsh world you knew to be true. Wha... More

=Prologue=
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV

XIII

3.6K 127 27
By Fanfictato

The boy asks you how your employment has been thus far and, without including the part where his demon servant has been harassing you, you tell him that you have been enjoying your time at the manor. You regard the other servants as nice, albeit rather destructive, and you even mention that Sebastian has been hospitable which is somewhat truthful.

After pleasant small talk, which you suspect was just Ciel trying to avoid doing his work, the boy dismisses you and his butler to go about preparing for the guests. You bow to the young earl and follow Sebastian out into the hallway where he stops, facing you with a gentle smile.

"What exactly does Mr. Vanel do to endanger the lord?" He asks, making his way down the hall, glancing back to make sure you know to follow him, which you do.

You think back to the episode, knowing only a detailed explanation would suffice, "Well, he and his lackeys kidnap Ci- the young lord and take him to their hideout."

"I see, and where is this hideout?" Sebastian's long strides are hard to keep up with, you find yourself jogging every few steps to match his speed.

"I don't remember that part..." You admit, realizing that the small details of an episode might prove to be the most important.

The butler sighs, "Very well, at what time does the abduction take place?" he slows to a stop and turns to face you, pulling out his pocket watch to glance at the time.

"I'm not sure... It was still daylight time though, I think you came to give him afternoon tea as well."

"Where is the earl taken from?" comes his next question without much indication that he even listened to your previous answer.

"His study." You keep it short, concise answers seeming to please the demon more.

He makes a small noise of acknowledgement in the back of his throat and puts his pocket watch back where it belongs, "I appreciate your help, [Y/N]." His mouth is curled up at the edges, the slight indication of a smirk.

"What, no miss or lady?" You joke, feeling the pressure of his questioning ease off your shoulders, "You seem to use titles a lot so why stop when it's just the two of us?".

The demon's eyes dip low, then close as he chuckles for a breath, opening his eyes again to impart a delicate gaze upon you. "I had gathered you felt uncomfortable when such honorifics accompanied your name. I assumed you would appreciate if I did not apply them when in private."

You blush a little, not having expected he would do something so small to make you feel more at ease. A small "Oh" and a rushed expression of appreciation for the thought make it past your lips, followed by you tucking your hair behind your ear as a nervous reflex.

"I will, however, need to address you properly when in the company of others." His gaze has left your eyes, now slowly roaming along the edge of your figure, "Alone, I will call you by whatever you desire." You feel a tingle in the tips of your fingers, making you itch to reach out. "Come now, there is still work to be done before the Lord's guests arrive."

╚═☩══♛══☩═╝

The guests arrive one by one and are lead to the games room by Sebastian. You follow close at the butler's side, him wanting you to meet the guests in the case that you could tell him information about their roles in the story. First to arrive is Lord Arthur Randall, the police commissioner of Scotland Yard. Following him are Lau and Ran-Mao, the latter firmly attached to the former's side, sparing you a catty glance, intense in look but innocent in meaning.

There were a few other characters to arrive, including Azzurro Vanel, but most of which you couldn't quite recognize before both you and Sebastian made your way over to the games room, offering refreshments to the guests. Ciel dismisses the two of you, but not before asking about the arrival of his aunt, Madam Red. Your heart sinks a little and you look off to the side, Sebastian answering that she hadn't yet arrived.

"I suppose she intends to be fashionably late, as per usual. Very well," the young Earl waves the two of you away, "You are dismissed."

When the two of you exit the room and make your way down the hall, Sebastian's attention switches to you, a question on his mind.

"Your reaction to the mention of Baroness Dalles-Burnett was quite peculiar. Is there something I should be made aware of?" he asks, continuing to look ahead of him down the hallway.

Your eyes dart to the side in confusion, "Who?"

"Madam Red." the butler supplies.

Your ears prickle and you don't look at the demon, not the least bit excited to tell him what you know this time. "She just..." You supposed you should be delicate about the situation, and a part of you almost felt like you needed to give Sebastian a spoiler warning, "Later, in the story, the queen has Ciel inves-"

"The young Lord." Sebastian corrects with a sigh.

"Right, The young Lord," Given how many people were swarming around the mansion, it was probably best to get used to addressing Ciel properly, "investigates a series of murders surrounding the serial killer, Jack the Ripper."

"Jack the Ripper?" he ponders the title for a moment, thumb and forefinger positioned delicately on his chin, and then chuckles, "How... Childish."

You admit that when talking about a serial killer, childish isn't the first adjective that comes to mind. You suppose to a demon, a regular serial killer poses about as much of a threat as a child though. "Well, they aren't exactly human serial killers."

He turns to you, a look almost akin to excitement in his eyes, "Curious." taking a step closer, his mouth splits into a grin that reaches his eyes, "Tell me, how does this serial killer involve the Baroness?"

When you don't answer immediately, he attempts to fill in the blanks, "Will she, perhaps, be murdered?" The concern in his voice is betrayed by the unwavering smile on his face.

"You seem... Far to happy about that being a possibility."

"Despair has a peculiar flavor." His tongue pokes out to swipe across his top lip. "But unfortunately, judging by your reaction, that is not the case."

You open your mouth to answer but are stopped when Sebastian's crimson gaze is directed to the foyer doors, his Cheshire grin dropping into something more tame and polite. Without giving time for your confusion to be made audible, the butler is by the doors, opening one side to reveal the devil spoken of.

You notice the obvious first, the bright red of her hair and attire, a stark contrast to the alabaster of her skin. You had found her beautiful on screen but in person she was so much more, even from a distance you could see she had an intense magnificence to her. You find yourself drawn to her side, walking over to greet her, presence domineering and yet strangely inviting.

"Oh, Sebastian- Do tell me my nephew is not dreadfully cross with my late arrival, I just could not find my favorite shade of red lipstick this morning." Her voice was silk and honey, a maternal deception. Seeing and hearing her in person had you understanding the comfort her victims had fallen into.

She lowers her gaze to you, with a question on her brow. You notice that instead of red her eyes are a whiskey brown, that from the angle she looked at you from, took in the red wrapped around her.

"A new member of staff I see." Her eyes shut in content and her mouth split into a grin, "Well aren't you just a doll."

Reminded of your position as 'staff', you clasp your hands together at the front of your dress and lower your head.

"We best make our way to the Lord, Madam." Sebastian pipes up from beside you, his perfect butler façade back in place.

The baroness sighs and fiddles with the brim of her hat. "Very well, I suppose I shouldn't keep the host waiting any longer." She turns to look out the entrance doors behind her, "Grell! Hurry up would you. I swear, good help is so hard to find."

Hearing that name made you freeze, a cold shiver running up your spine. You take a peek past the doors to look at the tall figure stood by the carriage, arms weighed down by a number of wrapped boxes.

"Y-Yes, Madam!" The servant called out, running up the stairs to the manor.

"I brought gifts for Ciel, I saw them and just had to get them for my darling nephew." Her smile was genuine but hid something more somber.

"I'm sure the master will appreciate them very much." The butler extends his hand towards the hallway, "Shall we be on our way?" He tries again, hoping to move the baroness to the event she was already late for.

"Yes, yes. Please show Grell to the living room, I want him to leave the gifts in there." She says in finality as she makes her way down the hallway with Sebastian.

You remain planted to your spot in shock, daring not to look upon the face of death itself as it stands by your side. Sweat beads on your hairline as you stare down at the floor, fearing that maybe, with the ears of a supernatural being, Grell had already heard what you and Sebastian had just been talking about.

"Miss?" Grell pipes up from beside you, boxes threatening to tumble out of their unstable structure.

Gathering courage, you look up and see yourself reflected in the circles of the reapers glasses. You've lost the color in your face, and there's worry etched into your brow. Seeing yourself as the reaper does has made you realize once again how fragile your existence, in a world of supernatural beings, is.

You clear your throat and look anywhere but at those limpid mirrors, "Oh um, yes." You manage, turning on your heels, "This way."

You walk while begging your legs not to sprint, as death follows closely at your back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4K 48
"I want to keep my soul! I don't want to live if it means I owe you my life!"... ..."As you wish, {Y/N}." • • • ||Sebastian Michaelis x Reader|| ☆☆2n...
153K 4.3K 18
This is a Sebastian x Reader story and this is taken place in all of Black Butler. Also I do not own most of the characters or some of the plot they...
107K 4K 41
(Y/N) was chilling on her couch Saturday evening (like she always does) when she is transported to the world of Black Butler! What will happen then...
12.3K 310 14
It felt like thousands of eyes observed you, you stood frozen in place, the cold air touched your bare feet, opening your eyes you saw him sit on his...