Hello, Sugar. Hello, Star. (b...

By crystalclodqueen

(Bubbline human/ high school au) This bio keeps getting erased by glitches so I'm not even going to try to w... More

New Girl
Authors Note
Rivers and Songs
A House that is not Home
Sugar and Star
Know You
His Girlfriend
The Truth
With Finn and Jake
Author's Note: possible hiatus
Lonely
Author's note: suggestions?
Gone
Return
Rollerskates and Scars
Author's note: The end is near
Epilouge
Just Some Final Commentary

Pink Girl

5.5K 195 81
By crystalclodqueen

BONNIE

I'm not good at flirting.

My way of getting Marcy to notice me was by repeating what she said in attendance and smiling like a dofus.

But it seemed to affect her pretty throughly, considering how she turned beet red and had to look away.

I noticed when she first walked in how beautiful she was. Her eyes were a shade of auburn that was nearly red, her skin was a gentle olive shade, and the way her hair framed her face was perfect.

But her expressions got me.

Her neutral expression showed a girl that had been worn down but still stood today. She was tried but strong.

It was gorgeous.

I decided to talk to her after school. I caught her in the hall right before she walked out the door. Literally caught her. I grabbed her shoulder. She snapped her head around in alarm, but relaxed when she realized it was me.

"Oh. Hey, Bonnie"

"Hey." I replied, trying to catch my breath. "You're new here, right? Want to get some coffee with me?" She seemed shocked at  my offer, but smiled and nodded.

~

At the coffee shop  she ordered a regular black coffee. I ordered a Carmel mocha. We had a few sips in silence before I started a conversation.

"Where did you move here from?"

"Las Vegas." She replied with a shrug.

"Las Vegas? Really? What's it like there?" I asked, leaning in closer. I was genuinely interested. I'd heard a lot about Las Vegas, and I wanted to know more.

"Not very good." She replied. "There are a lot of homeless people, and most of the population are sexist assholes who catcall anyone with breasts. The lights just mask it all, make it seem great."

I stared at Marcy. This girl was amazing. She was so poetic. But I had to break my stare.

"Do you like Colorado better than Las Vegas?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation mellow.

"By a lot." She smiled "people are friendlier here, and there's more space. I love it."

"Good. I love it too." I replied, before blushing and burying my face in my coffee.

~

By the time I had to leave, I had Marcy's number in my cell phone and a light feeling in my chest. I walked into the giant empty mansion I called home, and scampered straight up to my room. I turned on my music and laid on my bed, thinking of the star that I had encountered that day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 485 10
With the defeat of the vampires, Marceline and Bubblegum seem to be as close as ever. But what happens when a sudden bolt of lightning brings the Vam...
160K 4.5K 11
Bubblegum broke up with Marceline a month ago and it wasn't her best call. (Short story!) CX
95.7K 4.3K 58
Can't keep it up any longer. Note: - This story is fictional. - Any events or name that's similar is coincidental PS: The pictures i use here are fr...
42.4K 956 22
Isang groupo Ng kalalakihan na tagapag mana Ng ari-arian Ng mga magulang nito at groupo Ng kababaihan na anak Ng mayayamang political at may Isang da...