Falter

By vixen_vxn

hyunlis/lisrene AU More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
special chapter πŸ’
Between Drinks and Subtle Things
Disposition

XIX

1.5K 104 45
By vixen_vxn

Irene finds herself in a constant debate within herself if she will go to Lisa's house. Rare events like this, Lisa leaving a single simple message, Where are you? was enough for Irene to leave everything she'll do for the entire day behind.

I'm finish at the contract with Jackson, I just have to deliver the pots. She reasoned out within herself.

She shook her head and huffed annoyed. She knew to herself she needs to see her. There was that kind of need in her body, like Lisa is a vitamin that Irene lacks of. She needs her everyday. And Irene still doesn't know why.

She bit her lower lip. What she will do if she came there? They will only banter. She actually likes that, she got to talk with Lisa. The only times they're not bantering was when their tongue are shove into each other's throat.

Oh my god, I should stop thinking about that.

But why is she so good? Irene blushed.

Now I can't get it out of my brain.

Irene decided to get up and ride a cab towards Lisa's house. The guard knew her very well that she's allowed to enter the subdivision without calling someone in the mansion first.

Irene noticed that there are no maid around. The dust from the vase says it all.

"Lisa?" Irene shouted but no one answered. She continued her way on Lisa's bedroom and find the latter changing herself.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry!" Irene covered her right eye. The left eye was free ogling at Lisa.

"Why are you even here?!" Lisa asked in panic and in annoyance. She covered herself.

"Well, you asked me where I am!" Irene replied.

"Do you hear yourself? It wasn't an invitation for you to come over." Lisa said chuckling. Finally choosing some clothes to wear.

"Step back. The last time you watched me changing-" Lisa said but stopped eventually. Irene rolled her eyes.

"Face the wall." Lisa said sternly and Irene obliged. She untangled her robe.

Suddenly, Lisa's phone pop a notification. Irene saw it.

Jungkook.

He was asking if what's taking Lisa so long.

"Are you going out? Irene asked. Lisa answered her with an hmmm.

"Can I come with you guys?" Irene asked. Lisa scoffed.

"No way, I'm going out with Jungkook." Lisa said and revealed herself in front of Irene, finally fully dressed.

"Fine." Irene said.

"Where are you going?" Lisa asked.

"Jackson. I'll just gonna deliver the remaining pots." Irene said and left.

"Good, finish your work." Lisa mumbled.

"And text me when you're done. Maybe we can have some hot choco. My treat." Lisa shouted.

Evening. This is one of the fancy restaurants near the Wang and Wu Partnership, Ltd. Building. Jackson invited Irene for a dinner.

The lady was embarrassed, she was only wearing a simple almost worn out dress. It was sudden, if she knew that there will be an another activity aside from delivering pots, she would wear her newly bought dress.

"You look good tonight, Ms. Bae." Jackson complimented.

"You too, Jackson." Irene said smiling, still shy.

"I'd like to congratulate you for the completion of the contract prior to due date. I would say, I'm pretty amazed." Jackson said.

"I would recommend you to my business colleagues." He added.

"That would be a really great help." Irene said smiling wildly.

"You deserve to be recognize."

Irene was about to speak when their orders arrived. Still, they continued to talk but it became more personal and casual at the same time. Irene often finds herself snorting as she laugh in which Jackson would laugh about too.

Meanwhile, their laughter starts to annoyed the other customers at few tables from them. Not that it was actually a nuisance, but Lisa chose to be sensitive. Her jaw clenched seeing the interaction of the two. Although Irene was facing through her back, Lisa knew that body so well.

"Are you alright?" Jungkook asked.

"Jimin will arrive soon, don't worry. He said he just really need 30 min." He added.

Lisa was exploring her circle, and today, going out with the boys for dinner was something considered as a good idea until she saw Irene with a random man.

"She said she'll deliver pots. Where are the pots here?!" She asked annoyed. Did she really expect Irene to carry the pots and stack it all over this place?

"Hey, are you really fine?" Jungkook asked once again.

"Girl, I am. Now stop asking." Lisa replied with sass.

Jungkook was taken aback but he chuckled. This side of Lisa was strangely adorable for him.

"I'll order for us. Do you like anything in particular?" Jungkook asked as he scanned the menu.

"Whatever that table is having." Lisa pointed at Irene's table. Jungkook followed her gaze.

"Oh, sure." Jungkook said, not realizing it was Irene. Lisa sigh in relief.

The dinner was finished and the first one to leave was Irene and Jackson. Lisa's gaze was burning for reasons she doesn't know. Irene could feel someone was staring at her so she looked over her shoulder. When she's about to scan, Jackson held her arm to proceed outside. Lisa panic and pretended that something had dropped from their table. Her head hit the table and it will surely leave red marks, or worst, an open wound.

"Damn it." Lisa mumbled.

"LISA MANOBAN, ARE YOU OKAY?" Jimin shouted. Luckily, Irene had already exited.

"Oh my god, damn it, why Taehyung had to be friends with this loud mouth idiot. And really? A full name?" She mumbled to herself.

"I gotta go! Thanks for tonight boys! I wish this will never happen again." Lisa said and run as fast as she could.

Jungkook starts laughing out loud and Jimin mouth's agaped.

"Isn't she's bleeding?" Jimin asked.

"No, her skull is hard as steel." Jungkook said.

Lisa saw that Irene and Jackson went into the seaside of the mall. They were walking slowly. She can also see the vibration of Irene's shoulder everytime she laughs.

Lisa walked towards them. Her forehead that covered with bangs still red.

"Irene?! I've been calling you!" Lisa said. Irene looked at her confused.

"Do I know you?" Irene asked.

For a second, Lisa thought that this lady wasn't Irene. But then she saw how Irene's nose holes got bigger, stopping herself from laughing. Lisa glared at her.

"What?" Lisa coldly asked. Irene knew she better behave.

"Do you really know her? Is she bothering you?" Jackson asked to Irene.

"Oh, right. Lisa. I haven't seen you in a while and you know I'm not really good at remembering faces." Irene nervously chuckled. Lisa looked at her expressionless.

"This is Jackson, my contract partner, this is Lisa, a friend of mine." Irene introduced the two to each other.

"Jackson, I have to go. I have something to talk with my friend. Thank you for tonight." Irene said and Jackson gave him a warm smile.

"Take care girls." Jackson politely said.

"And Irene, I enjoyed tonight maybe we can do it again, more casually." Jackson and Irene was stunned.

When Jackson turned his back, Lisa pulled Irene towards the other part of the seaside.

"That hurts." Irene said.

"I was extremely worried." Lisa started, her eyes wasn't having the usual cold stares.

"I told you to text me when you're done delivering pots!" Lisa shouted annoyed.

"Even if I did, you were busy having dinner with Jungkook!"

"Hah, so you saw me. Jimin was there too." Lisa responded.

"And I would ditch them if you have texted me. I'm the one who invited you, didn't I?" Lisa asked.

"You could have asked me earlier to have hot choco instead to of telling that you need to go out with Jungkook." Irene responded.

"-and Jimin apparently. I have to meet them because I returned all the stuff Taehyung gave me. I can't keep it to my room anymore. And then you haven't texted yet so I invited them for dinner as a thank you for carrying those heavy boxes." Lisa finished talking.

"I could treat and tell them to have dinner themselves but you haven't texted me." She added.

"I'm on a meeting." Irene said in whisper.

"Meeting?" Lisa scoffed. Her heels clicking at the asphalt in annoyance.

"Meeting is when you are in a cafè or conference room or whatever, talking particularly about business!"

"I heard you talking about how Nanno from the girl from nowhere is god damn pretty. That's not business. It is something you should banter about with me." Lisa said panting.

"Not because we have something special okay, you and I are just, like on a different parties on a debate. And Nanno is Thai, same with me." Lisa quickly added, not making any sense.

"Are you jealous?" Irene asked. Lisa was taken aback. Her throat suddenly felt dry.

"No. Chase him."

"Continue to hang out. I'm going home." Lisa said and turn her heels.

Jealousy.

Lisa was sitting in her car and later on, Irene locked themselves inside. Lisa stopped retouching and aggressively put down her lipstick.

Silence.

"You can't feel jealousy. You know I love your cousin." Irene said.

"I'm not jealous. Never will I feel that way." Lisa said fastly.

"Then what's with you so riled up awhile ago?" Irene asked.

"The food he ordered for you wasn't even delicious. What's to be jealous about that." Lisa mumbled, starting her engine. Irene noticed that it's the way towards their apartment.

"No, let's go to your house." Irene said lowly.

"It's getting late." Lisa said.

Irene leaned and kissed Lisa's neck, slowly, it kills Lisa. Her hand hold tightly at the steering wheel.

"STOP" Lisa said sternly.

"What are you doing?" Lisa asked panting when she notices Irene leaning closer once again.

"You're so hot when you're jealous." Irene mumbled in her skin.

Irene rested her head in Lisa's shoulder.

"I just wanna cuddle with you." Irene mumbled.

"What? What are we, a couple?" Lisa asked sarcastically.

"You thought that I am your some sort of a girlfr-"

Irene looked at her and Lisa stopped telling her remarks. Irene's eyes were dreamy but she chose not to speak. After a long silence, Irene averted her gaze outside the window.

"You have that same effect on me that I'm trying to dodge." Irene confessed.

Lisa was surprised.

"Nevermind. It's wrong." Irene said smiling.

"But I can't bring myself to stop feeling and doing wrong." Irene mumbled, looking at the view outside Lisa's car.

"Fine. Go home with me tonight." Lisa replied, placing Irene's hand in her bare thigh, it brought her comfort.

"We're here." Lisa stopped her engine. Irene slowly opened her eyes. She had fell asleep while holding Lisa's thigh.

"I brought something at drive thru." Lisa added.

"Thank you, Lisa." Irene said, getting out of the car.

The two went inside. Lisa grabbed plates at the kitchen while Irene locked her gaze at the bottle of whiskey on the cupboard. She grabbed it and decided to pour two glass for Lisa and her.

When Lisa came back, she saw Irene emptying her glass of whiskey.

"Girl, why are you drinking my whiskey?" Lisa asked disbelief.

"Let's loosened up a bit." Irene chuckled.

"Fine." Lisa said and sat infront of Irene.

Lisa reach the glass and drunk it straight. Few drops fell in her chin that she wiped using the back of her hands.

"Your place is so quiet." Irene said looking at the garden.

"I like it this way, it's peaceful." Lisa said, pouring both of their glass.

"Lisa-" Irene said looking at her.

"Do you think, we can be, you and I, together, can be more than friends?" Irene asked.

"Why? You wanna be cousins?" Lisa dumbly asked.

"No, I want to be your mother." Irene rolled her eyes. Then Lisa made an ohhhh, sound. She got it. Here's the kind of talk again.

"Didn't we talk about this last time already." Lisa said.

"Do you have feelings for me now?" Lisa asked.

Irene looked at her intently.

Then shook her head.

"I don't know." She said.

"It's easy to say none when there's nothing." Lisa said, grabbing a wet wipes to remove her lipstick.

"I told you, I have this weird feelings but it's wrong." Irene said honestly.

"Becaus-" Lisa was cut off.

"We are both girls." Irene said.

"Obviously." Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Do you have feelings for me now?" Irene asked Lisa this time.

Lisa accidentally shove the wipes in her mouth at the question.

"Nothing." Lisa replied fastly.

"It's easy to say nothing when there's actually nothing." Irene giggled, it wasn't genuine, she sounded disappointed and hurt.

"Can I sleep in you bed for a little while?" Irene asked.

"Go upstairs." Lisa said.

Irene stood up and left Lisa at the living room. Lisa ate alone the fast food she bought. She saved some for Irene once she got up from her nap.

Irene opened Lisa's bedroom. It was really clean, Lisa loves to keep her things organize. She sat at the bed and she removed her avocado hairpin and it fell at her feet. Too careless, she accidentally kick it near the cupboard.

"Aish."

Irene's gaze locked at the cupboard, it was open a little, there was a paper that seemed so familiar with her. Only an inch was visible, maybe it was accidentally get caught in between of the cupboard. That glittery pink stationary paper.

It was the paper she used particularly for Suho.

Irene was trembling but the curiosity and eagerness to open the cupboard was close to winning. Her hands were shaky and her heart was beating raggedly.

She slowly opened the drawer and to her disappointment, there are various letters kept in there. She also saw the very first set of letters she gave at Lisa to be given for Suho.

I gave it to her PA. Irene remembered what Lisa had told her the first time.

She scanned the letters and it was complete. Lisa had kept it to herself and lied to her that she already gave it.

Irene was crying. She was mad.

She grabbed it all and stood up, some of it fell at her way back at the couch. She saw Lisa eating.

The lady looked at her confused at first.

"Girl, I thought you're going to take a na-"

"Irene-" Lisa realized what are the things Irene has been holding infront of her face.

"How can you do this to me?" Irene asked, her voice cracked. Tears continously stream down in her face.

"You are a liar! And selfish!" Irene said, throwing the letters on the floor.

"I knew you never wanted me to be with your cousin! Nor be friends with me! I also knew I forced you into knowing me! I knew that you hate the way I live! But how can you lie at me everyday and act as if you care?"

"Irene, where are you letters? Irene, I gave them to Suho. Irene, you forgot your letters." Irene said to Lisa with anguish.

"You're the biggest liar I've ever known." Irene said sounding defeat, her heart was shattered. She felt like a toy.

"Lisa, I didn't know what I did that harmed you for you to do this to me, and yet, I'm sorry." Irene said.

"I'm sorry that you feel obligated. I'm sorry that you have to waste your time toying me, into manipulating me." Irene said harshly. Lisa looked at her in complete silence.

"You no longer have to do that. I'm done with this." Irene raised up her arms in the air as surrender.

"I'm sorry for all the troubles." Irene said and left Lisa alone.

"You're telling us, Lisa and you are friendship over?" Wendy asked, her hand was resting in her waist. Seulgi and Yefi were hugging the crying Irene at the couch.

"What are you 12?" Wendy scoffed.

"I told Lisa not to make you cry again." Seulgi said annoyed.

"What could possibly the reason you fought? Collagen?" Yeri asked.

"Fighting is normal to friendships but I never seen you wailing like a damn animal like you are right now." Wendy said motioning to Irene.

"I'm extremely hurt." Irene reasoned out.

"I accidentally hit you with a shovel when we were 17 and you never cried like this." Wendy said.

"It wasn't accident. You actually intended too. She ate your ice cream." Seulgi corrected.

"Yes, she didn't cried but she punched your lips." Yeri added.

"See, that's what I'm trying to say. With Lisa, you treated her differently. Listening to you, it felt like I'm listening to someone who had gone break-" wendy stopped.

"What? say it." Seulgi said, curiousity written in her face.

"Break out?" Yeri guessed.

"Break it down?" Seulgi asked.

"Break it down, yeah?" Irene asked. Wendy rolled her eyes and hit her friends' head with pillow.

"Uhh, stop with the hitting Wendy, you don't want your lips to bleed again." Irene said jokingly, wiping the tears the continuously flowing in her cheeks.

"I have something in my mind, but I don't want to be someone to tell you about it. You should realize it on your own." Wendy said gently.

"The only the thing that I can advise you, is to, run when you see Lisa." Wendy said seriously.

"You need to run because whatever the hell is going on between the two of you has wrong timing." Wendy added.

"You're right." Irene said.

"You're so good at giving advice with people." Irene added. Wendy smirked at the compliment.

"Okay, what now? What will you do when you see Lisa?" Wendy asked, as if she was talking with a child.

"Run." Irene, Seulgi and Yeri said at the same time.

Yeri was doing some actions with her hands too, as if she was running.

Seulgi was acting as if she was wiping her sweat.

Irene looked at her two bestfriends playing charades.

"Run towards her." Irene said. Wendy face palmed herself.

"Go back to school." Wendy said helplessly.

Lisa was also disappointed with herself but she has reasons why she did that. She could have defend herself, nonetheless what she did was still wrong.

"I had reasons." Lisa said, swaying the glass with whiskey in front of Jennie.

"You might. But was it a selfish reason?" Jennie asked, filling her glass.

"Really? After I bought you that damn lipstick, I'm still selfish?" Lisa scoffed.

"Well, how about you apply this to me?" Jennie said removing the cap of the lipstick.

"You know Jennie, you have two hands for reasons." Lisa chuckled. Jennie glared at her and slapped her shoulder.

"Okay, fine." Lisa said and lean closer, her free hand, held Jennie' chin. She notice how plump Jennie's lips were. Again, it looks inviting. Each stroke of Lisa's hand felt like a torture for Jennie.

She wants Lisa's hand in her throat, choking her.

This proximity was enough to make her thoughts go wild.

"That's it. I'm so good at choosing the right shade." Lisa said proudly at herself. She closed the capped and raised her eyebrow in satisfaction.

"It smells and tastes like marzipan." Jennie mumbled after pressing her lips together. Lisa uncapped and smells the lipstick fastly.

"It doesn't smell like marzipan, I doubt it tastes like one." Lisa said.

"Well, it does taste like one in my lips." Jennie said smirking and she saw how Lisa blushed.

"Try it." Jennie mumbled, leaning closer, obviously enjoying taunting Lisa.

"Jennie-" Lisa said lowly.

"No malice, we're both girls." Jennie said playfully and her hands rested on Lisa's shoulders.

"I'm so gonna kill you." Lisa said and starts tickling the older lady. Jennie ended up falling at the couch as Lisa continued to attack her.

But as Lisa thought she was winning, Jennie gained her strength and sat up. She pushed Lisa and the latter was taken aback. Jennie leaned to kiss Lisa on the lips. It started a little aggressive, and then became gentle as Lisa responds.

The two only stopped when the the lipstick fell down.

"You're right. It does taste like marzipan." Lisa mumbled, her gaze was locked on Jennie's orbs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 761 22
COMPLETED Gentle Milf x Relationship Newbie/puppy. A fluffy, sweet modern GL story about a mature older women and a cute university student. LISRENE...
2.8K 112 15
πšƒπšπ™°π™½πš‚π™»π™°πšƒπ™΄π™³:π™΄π™½π™Άπ™»π™Έπš‚π™· πšƒπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš˜πš›πš’πšŽπšœ 𝚘𝚏 π™Έπš›πšŽπš—πšŽ,πš‚πšŽπšžπš•πšπš’,πš†πšŽπš—πšπš’,π™ΉπšŽπš—πš—πš’πšŽ,π™Ήπš’πšœπš˜πš˜,π™Ήπš˜πš’,π™»πš’πšœπšŠ,πšŠπš—πš 𝚈𝚎...
80.8K 3.4K 53
BOOK 2 OF MY WIFE IS AN IT GIRL.
... By [D]

Fanfiction

396K 7.3K 84