Broken Planchette ~ Prinxiety

By The_Revenant_King

When a sleepover turns sour, Virgil Reed finds himself hit with the biggest miracle. His first 'Friend', the... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
Epilogue
The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 1
The Best Kind Of Gift~ Ch. 2
The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 3
The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 4
The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 5
The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 6/End

77

348 46 37
By The_Revenant_King

TW~ Romulus

"I'm not going anywhere, Mi Amor. So please... don't leave me like this." Virgil frowned seeing how Roman tugged on the chains. "Please get me out of these chains. I'll be good. I promise."

"We can't trust him." Remus spoke softly as he shook his head. Roman whined badly as Remus tried to get Virgil to listen to him. "And we can't just stay here."

"I'm not leaving him again." Virgil finally called out still just staring into Roman's eyes. "He'll panic again the second I leave the room."

"It's not safe..."

"It's safe for me." Virgil cut back finally turning away to glare at the hunter. "He can't hurt me."

"WON'T!" Roman cried as he fussed in the chains again. "Won't hurt. Can't hurt. Amare... Ignis... Need you. Please. Please?" 

"He's worse than before like this." Remus teased only making Roman growl in response but everyone else chuckled a bit. He wasn't wrong. Roman was clingy but this was obsessive. Virgil assumed it was because of his mind being in such tatters. They didn't really know how Roman's emotions affected Romulus after all. "Virgil, the problem is he won't talk to us."

"Don't have to." Roman growled out as he shook his head. "Not you. Don't need to listen to you. Only him." Roman tried to get Virgil to look at him as he whined and flexed his hand out. "Only Ignis. He's my mate. My master..." Virgil frowned as Roman grunted in pain at the chains again. "Get these off. Get these off. I'm sorry. I'll be good. I will. I..." Roman gulped as his vision started to flash again, hearing those familiar whispers in his mind. "Stop. Stop. Please, stop."

"Ro?" Virgil faltered seeing the panic literally growing in the demon again. Roman cried as he started to hyperventilate, twitching and shaking in the chair. "Roman!"

"It hurts. Please, it hurts." Virgil swallowed his fear as he shook his head and turned to see the worry in the others.

"Take the chains off."

"WHAT? NO!" Remus stood his ground but both Patton and Janus hesitated. "We can't trust him, Virgil. Those chains are what is keeping his powers in as much check as they are, AND HE'S STILL ABLE TO USE THEM."

"So break the chains and keep the cuffs on him." Virgil replied without hesitation.

"Virgil... It's not safe. This is Romulus were talking about-..."

"Does this look like the Romulus you were all expecting, Remus?" Virgil hissed as Roman literally clung to his hand. "I don't think you realize... Roman is STILL very much aware and there. Romulus isn't JUST Romulus. His mind is just as shattered as his soul is."

"All the more reason to keep him like this until we find the correct spell." Virgil stood himself up only to break as Roman literally whimpered thinking he was going to leave him again. "We can't risk it. Romulus is a danger to everyone, not just us. If he gets out, I can't promise I'll be able to twist things our way. Another body and Roman might end up as good as dead.

"He won't get out."

"You don't know that Virgil-..." Virgil held his hand up with narrowed eyes as Remus tensed up at the sight of it. "I'm only trying to help here. You know how much we all care for him."

"All I have to do is tell him to never leave my side and he'll obey." There was a whine before Roman started to repeat Virgil frantically nodding as if to agree only making it all the more harder for the three at the door to ignore it all. "He HAS to listen to me. Which means he won't run or hurt anyone. Let. Him. Go."

"No-..." Remus groaned in annoyance as Patton took his arm and shook his head. Janus didn't look as convinced in either option but didn't try to side with Remus.

"Remus... Roman belongs to Virgil. If he tells us to let him go... we don't have a choice." Remus's face paled as he just stared at Virgil who was glaring them all down. "It's witch law. You may not have to follow but... WE do."

"Please, trust me on this, even if you can't trust him." Remus sighed as he looked at the panicking demon who had by this point stopped breathing. Remus crashed with a nod as he turned to Janus, gesturing him on. 

"Break the chains so the cuffs stay on. Then you and Patton put charms around the house. Make it so he can't leave no matter what. I'll.. I'll go inform Thomas. Virgil?" Remus frowned as he noticed how Roman's gaze was solely on him. "This means you're stuck here with him. He can't leave this building... and you can't leave him lest he kills someone."

"I wasn't planning on it anyway." Virgil teased before turning back to see Roman just sitting there frozen in the chair. "If you're that frightened set up my room again and spell it so Roman can only leave it if I let him."

"I can do that." Patton said softly as Janus broke the first cuff making Roman's eyes shoot wide. The second he realized he could move it, he jerked forward to grab Virgil again making everyone freeze for a second before Virgil just laughed. 

"I wonder if Roman's need for contact is making you like this." Roman's eyes sparkled as he just squeezed Virgil's hand tightly. "You're just all over the place... aren't you."

"Te amo, Ignis." Roman smiled only to blink in confusion as he felt the restraints break from his ancles. "I-Ignis?"

"It's ok, Love. We're getting you out of those chains." Roman's eyes completely lit up as he fussed a bit only for the chain holding his other arm to break making him freeze up again.

"It's just the one around his waist now." Janus choked as Roman's eyes turned to his with a tilt of his head. "Are sure about this?"

"Do it, Janus." Virgil lulled as he rubbed his thumb over Roman's hand. Janus took a deep breath as he undid the leather restraint making Roman hesitate a bit finally feeling it give way. He blinked for a few seconds pulling his hand free as he just stared at them almost in disbelief that they were actually free. Then just as the second ticked by Roman was gone. Remus grunted as Roman suddenly pressed him into the iron door, a scalpel in his hand poised to strike. "Romulus, freeze." Remus barely took a breath as Roman stopped in his place a growl on his lips as Virgil just shook his head. "Look at me." Roman did as he was told slowly looking over to see the look Virgil was giving him, only to spark fear in his eyes. "Drop the knife." It clinked against the floor as it fell and Patton quickly rushed to kick it away not that it really mattered much to a demon. "What did I tell you?" Roman grimaced as Virgil just raised an eyebrow at him. "Answer me, Love."

"Hurting people is bad."

"Exactly. No more hurting people. No more killing. You are not allowed. God, I feel like a parent talking to an unruly homicidal toddler." Janus chuckled tensely as Virgil just shook his head making Roman crash. "That's bad."

"I'm sorry. I'll be good." Roman instantly let Remus go as he started to shake. "I didn't mean it."

"Romulus..."

"He hurt me... chained me up... took you away from me." Roman hissed as he shook his head trying not to snap at the hunter again. "I want him to suffer. I want him to scream. I... I just... I..."

"Come here." Roman wasted no time in obeying, walking over to his human as his eyes remained focused on the ground. "You're confused and lost. I can see that. You're in pain and just want it all to end. I know. But you can't give in to those thoughts... I know it's hard. Romulus is at the forefront of your mind, Love, and you want is to give in but please... Please promise me you won't." 

"Lo Siento." Roman whined softly before smiling sadly up at his love. "No me puedo controlar, Mi Amor. Duele mucho." (I'm sorry. I cannot control myself, My love. It hurts too much.)

"We're going to help you. We just need time." Virgil held his hand out absentmindedly, just trying to work through his thoughts. "But that means you have to talk to me ok?" Roman's eyes flashed as he looked at Virgil's hand in thought. His eyes darted from the hand to Virgil's face and back again before a smile spread over his face. "We can't help you if we don't know how... or what's going on with you so-..." Roman placed his chin on Virgil's hand making the human stop short in surprise. Roman just beamed as Virgil crashed over how much he loves him. Roman shifted till he was leaning his cheek against Virgil's hand, eyes closed just enjoying the contact. "I'll be with you the entire time. I promise."

"Mi Amor... Mi... My..." Roman groaned with a slightly pained expression before opening his eyes again and just pulling away. "Amica Mea. Ignis mei. You can't leave me."

"I won't... as long as you listen and don't try to hurt anyone anymore." Roman nodded frantically as if desperate for the other to believe him. "Good boy."

"He's not a dog." Remus finally said as the initial panic from before died down. Roman just laughed as he spun himself around till he was standing behind Virgil with his arms wrapped around him.

"Maybe not, but I can still bite like one."

(I feel like this and the latest chapters aren't as good as they should be so... I'm sorry. Just hang in with me... the book is actually nearing its end so... yea. Also, I suck at ending so... not really looking forward to that but I've definitely got some things planned and the angst isn't over yet hehe)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 2.5K 38
Virgil use to be a dark side and life was less than perfect. but he's a light side now so everything should be ok... Right? Trigger warning, self har...
51.8K 1.6K 18
Virgil seems to be more upset than usual. Roman starts noticing and when Deceit suddenly turns up, Logan and Patton become aware of the drastic chang...
80.9K 4.1K 33
Virgil Black has been admitted to Sanders Junior Mental Hospital. While getting acquainted with his surroundings, he learns that there are other peop...
3.5K 185 14
The Fanders Big Bang story Pairings: Prinxiety, Logicality, possibly more but those are the main ones... Summary: After his first heartbreak, Virgil...