Among the Peonies

By youmakemeangry

Annabel McGromery is fragile. Small, quiet, and sweet, she stumbles upon the unfortunate presence of Blade B... More

The Taking
Stuck
Attempts of escape
Werewolves are real
Rage
You're Not a Burglar
Unsettled business
Sorry, I'm a cat person
The search for mr. Whiskers.
Two kittens and a disaster
Attempts of Escape part 2
One-way ticket
Marked
Apologies
Rogues
Surprise surprise
Family Reunion
Opening up
Sassiness on fleek
Give and Let Go
Note
PEACHES
Whispers of War
Author's Note
It's okay, this is a chapter:)
Packing
Movie Review
Last Words
Home bound
It's gettin hot in here
AUTHORS NOTE
I Need You
Stay Away
NOT A CHAPTER
IMPORTANT

Heh. Bumble bee.

441K 13.1K 6K
By youmakemeangry

I bit my lip, trying to contain the laughter. I looked down so that he wouldn't see my half smile.

"What?" His voice was amused.

"N-nothing."

"Tell me."

I cleared my throat. "It's just that," I bit my lip harder to not laugh, "isn't that a lot of b's in a name?"

He looked confused.

"Like, bumble bee?"

"And that's funny?"

"Well, it's cute," I said, a bit hesitant at saying his name was funny. "And, I thought your name was Alpha."

He barely smiled, but it was there. His eyes held amusement until they eyed my sandwich. "Eat."

"But I've already eaten two."

"And I ordered four. Eat."

"But I'm full."

"You are too damn skinny. Eat it."

I glared at him. "Food isn't the only root of slimness you know."

He glared back. "Then what is?!"

"Metabolism!"

He sighed and dragged a hand down his face, the other tightening its hold on my waist.

"I will be monitoring your eating."

I huffed. "Whatever." Why does he even care?!

"So, you saw me shift."

"What?"

"The wolf." I froze. Oh yeah. I tried to move but he growled and held me down by my hips. "I'm a werewolf, which you may or may not have noticed."

I gulped and simply nodded.

"Are you okay?" He searched my eyes but I gave nothing away. I nodded.

He sighed. "Any questions?"

I paused. "What's the dungeon hall?"

He stiffened. "It is for bad people who get what they deserve."

"But that guy was on your side. What what his name," I searched my memory. "You told Jay to-"

"DON'T EVER SPEAK ANOTHER MAN'S NAME."

I winced and flinched back.

He pushed me to his chest. "He was trying to take me from you."

"No he wasn't! he was trying to help me!"

"By taking me away from you!"

"He was trying to lessen my fear!"

I felt his irritation stop, and he held me out a bit. His eyes were guarded, but in a different way. Like beneath them he was more vulnerable than ever.

"You're afraid of me?"

I kept quiet for a bit, ashamed. I didn't want to hurt him, but I was afraid. I looked down.

"Look at me!"

I looked up with pools of tears in my eyes. "It's just that, you kidnapped me. And you won't let me leave. And yes, I am scared." I began crying and he looked torn inside.

"Babydoll-"

"Yes, Bumble Bee?" I laughed lightly and sniffed, making myself turn off the faucets to my eyes.

He chuckled as well before replying, "I can't let you leave. You're mine."

"But I won't tell anyone about you!"

"No!"

My hopelessness turned to anger. "So what? You're just gonna keep me here forever?! Or are you going to kill me?!" He growled loudly, his eyes black.

"I will never hurt you."

"Ugh!" I was frustrated as I angrily ran a hand through my hair. He didn't give me any answers, he only cared how I viewed him.

I attempted to get up but he held me down with little effort and growled out, "stop."

"No! I don't want to be around you right now!"

Hurt flickered in his eyes before they turned hard again.

"What about a tour?"

My frustration froze. I'd learn how to get out of here! I nodded slowly.

He smiled softly and gently picked me up. He carried us into the hall.

"I can walk by myself, you know."

He looked down at me. "I don't care."

I rolled my eyes.

He gave me a tour of the mansion, mainly rooms for his "pack", as he soon explained was his group of werewolves. He said there was a rank of leadership and that he was at the top. He was the alpha, which was why everyone called him that. It was respectful. Jay was his beta, his next in line, and finally was his third-in-command, Alex. Alex was out of town on a business trip, but Blade promised I'd never meet him since he was a man. My eye-rolling game was strong.

We walked passed a large, dark, mahogany door.

"Where does that go to?"

He stopped and looked to where I was pointing. He looked back down at me, his eyes hard. "That's the front door. If you ever go through there to escape me, I will know. And if you ever escape by any other means, I will find you. Always." I gulped as he continued walking.

The mood lightened considerably when we came across a huge, grand door. He stopped in front of it. "This is the library."

My eyes went wide and a grin stretched across my face and I clawed my way out of his arms. He chuckled and I slowly turned the knobs, opening the door.

Nothing could describe it.

Well, that's not true.

It was just like the library in Beauty and the Beast. It was the only thing in the house I had seen with actual color. Everything else was dark, with colors of black, grey, dark brown, maybe a touch of maroon here and there. But in here, it was completely different.

The roof was four stories up, the ceiling a glass dome. Sunlight poured in and I bathed in it. A few people were cleaning or reading.

Comfy-looking leather chairs were scattered everywhere, and knitted blankets were draped over them as well as on a blanket rack. Plush, powder blue pillows embroidered with white lace and scrolling trim were thrown on the furniture. Dark coffee tables were here and there.

But the books, oh the books! There had to be at least thousands if not millions (I guessed the latter). A front desk held an elderly lady and a young girl. The elderly woman was quietly going through the returned books and checking them back in. The teenager was reading. I liked her instantly.

I couldn't stop smiling.

"Well, I know where to find you from now on," Bumble Bee murmured.

The elderly woman stopped her work and looked up. "Oh! Alpha! My apologies, I didn't see you there!"

"No problem, Greta. I'm just showing your Luna around."

Her eyes went wide as she looked to me. She bowed her head. In fact, everyone looked at me and bowed their head. Even the random people reading and that teenager girl. "Luna," they all said, acknowledging me.

"U-um no, my name is Annabel..."

They looked at me quizzically.

Blade bent down and whispered into my ear, "you are the mate of their alpha, so therefor their Luna."

I nodded. "O-oh yes I read of this."

He chuckled. "Of course you did."

I glared at him.

"What?"

I was going to respond when the elder lady asked me, "Luna, may I ask if the library is to your liking?"

My smile stretched. "Of course! I've taken a certain liking to it. You can expect to see me quite often, I'm afraid," I chuckled.

She replied with amusement, "oh it's no trouble at all. I'll be looking forward to it."

"Well, babydoll, that's the end of the tour. What do you want to do now?"

"Stay in here!" I'll admit I was a little too eager.

He chuckled. "Alright." His voice rose a bit as he aimed his words to everyone, "you may resume."

Everyone bowed their heads once again and continued whatever they were doing.

"What are you going to read?"

I turned to him, smiling, "everything."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 15.5K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
434K 11.5K 27
Formerly known: My Overprotective Werewolf Stepbrother's Best Friend Is My Mate *This would be under slow and intense editing* Nina has a stepbrothe...
5.9K 481 21
Alexa an auburn-haired female alpha is fighting fang and claw to survive after splitting up with her sister, fighting rouges left and right. She come...
46.1M 1.2M 37
Zoe is a rogue who is forced to attend a school for werewolves for a year thanks to a new law. There she meets her mate, a certain Alpha who holds a...