𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 {𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘹...

By maggieewritez

This is the sequel to my first book 'Together'. So, you might wanna read that first... Y/n and the rest of gr... More

intro
Home of Sorts
Wicked
The Right Arm
The Walls
The Plan
Interrogation
Inside
Min Min
Making It Through The City
Loss
Rescue Mission
The Safe Haven
Help To Feel Better
Eager
Impossible
A New Mission
Cells
Back
Trouble
Childish
Desperate
Karma
Independent
Traitor
Never
Forgiveness

The Scorch

2K 40 17
By maggieewritez

A/N: i swear to god yall are so impatient. 😩 Don't worry yall will have gally back in a short bit. <3

~

Long story short, we escaped the Wicked facility and now we were surrounded by miles and miles of sand. Everyone was fine but we were all boiling our asses off.

We had our first run in with the cranks when we found an abandoned shopping centre. Minho stupidly turned on the lights, causing us to be chased down.

After more running we escaped them but Winston was bitten. He was turning cranky and I soon realised why they chose that name for them. Blue veins began to appear all over his body and he was becoming more and more tired everyday but refused to be carried.

Every single building we came across in the scorch was either fallen down or extremely weak. There was no way anyone was alive.

One day we settled down under a bit of rock for some shade. Thomas and Teresa were having what looked like a very serious conversation when Winston suddenly shot the gun we had stolen from Wicked.

"Thomas! Teresa! Get down here!" I yelled. "Winston, what the hell are you doing?"

Fry quickly ripped the gun out of Winton's grasp even though he was begging for it back. He threw up black liquid and broke into a coughing fit before lying on his back.

"It's growing inside me." He lifted up his shirt.

There was a long silence until he spoke again.

"I'm not gonna make it. Please. Please." Winston held his arm out for the gun. "Don't let me turn into one of those things."

"What- Winston, no. You can fight this." I knelt beside him and grabbed his hand. I was being optimistic.

Behind me Newt took the gun from Fry and slowly walked to the other side of Winston. He placed the weapon slowly on Winston chest.

"T-thank you." He panted, "Now, get out of here."

"Goodbye, Winston." Newt whispered and walked away.

"I'm so sorry." I mumbled as a tear rolled down my dirty cheek.

"It's okay. It's n-not your fault." He smiled weakly. "Don't let the boys do anything s-stupid."

I winked and stood up and walked off with the others after they said their goodbyes. Thomas stayed there for a few more minutes before following.

We continued our journey to the right arm. We were on the top of a sand dune when a gun shot went off. I closed my eyes and listened closely to the  silence that followed. I shook my head weakly before moving onwards again.

All of us sat around a fire, thinking and talking about how Winston wasn't immune.

"I never thought I'd say this." Fry said softly as a tear slipped down his cheek, "I miss the glade."

"Same, Fry. Same." I leant my head on his shoulder trying to prevent more sobs from leaving my mouth.

-

It seemed like we were getting no closer to the mountains. Our water was beginning to run out and none of us had as much energy as before. Truth is, I hadn't slept the whole time since we had left Wicked. Newt tried to convince me to close my eyes for a bit but I refused. So, I sat in the middle of them all, picking at my nails while they slept.

I looked up and noticed some lights on in the distance. The right arm. I quickly tapped Thomas and pointed in the direction of the lights. His mouth opened with surprise.

"Guys, get up." He said tiredly.

I tapped everyone and they stood up slowly.

"What- what is it?" Newt asked.

"You see that? It's light." Thomas smiled.

"We made it." I chuckled.

There was a loud rumble of thunder and we turned around. A lightning bolt struck down.

"We are shucked." I mumbled, "Let's go!"

Everyone quickly broke off into a sprint towards the lights. We were so close to the door when Minho got struck and Thomas was thrown back. I rushed over to them and pulled Minho up. Newt and Aris helped as we continued. Fry opened the door and we tumbled through.

"Min Min? Come on!" I panted, searching for some sign of life from the boy on the floor.

He grumbled but his eyes stayed shut so I smacked him across the face. His eyes shot up and he sat up abruptly.

"Christ, y/n. No need to smack me. What happened?" He murmured.

"You were struck by lightning you dumb shank." Newt said.

We helped him stand when I noticed Teresa's face. I stood beside her as we looked into the darkness.

"What's the smell?" She grimaced.

"I don't know. I'll go see-"

I took a step forward but immediately took several back when a crank jumped out at us both causing the boys to yell. Then more and more cranks appeared when we shone the light at them but they were on chains.

"Is it just me who is seeing this? They are on chains..." I said.

"I see you've met our guard dogs." A girls voice spoke and she walked towards us, avoiding the eager grabs from the cranks. We all stepped back into a huddle.

"You guys look like shit." She smirked. "Come on, follow me.

"I like her already." I pushed myself out of the group of people, "Guys. Hello? Follow her then."

Thomas hastily walked behind her, causing everyone else to do the same.

She led us into a warehouse. It wasn't like the Wicked one. It was more abandoned and destroyed. Fires were lit everywhere and people huddled round them with food bowls in their hands. We jogged up some stairs to an office with tools everywhere. A man sat at a desk, listening to the radio.

"Jorge, they're here." The girl told him before taking a seat on the sofa.

The man turned around. He looked to be about 49 or 50, possible younger. His hands rested on his hips as he spoke.

"Do you ever get the feeling the whole worlds against you?"

"All-The-Shucking-Time." I said.

"Mhm. Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?"

We all stayed silent. Completely unsure of what to say.

"Don't all answer at once." He chuckled while pouring himself a drink.

"We're headed for the mountains. Looking for the right arm." Thomas told him.

"You're looking for ghosts, you mean. Question number two. Where did you come from?" He came closer to us.

"That's our business." Minho snarled.

Jorge tilted his head before nodding. We were all grabbed and shoved roughly onto our knees. I pushed the man holding me away and stood on his chest as he fell to the floor.

"What the hell are you doing?" I spat.

"Woah. You're a feisty one." Jorge laughed and I winked. "Let him go. We are just checking something."

I couldn't be bothered to do anymore fighting so I slowly removed my foot and let the girl do what she needed to do before she did it to Thomas. The device scanned his neck and beeped.

"I'm sorry, Hermano." Jorge said when he looked at the device in the girls hands, "Looks like you're tagged. You came from Wicked. Which means..you're very valuable."

"Well, I wouldn't say valuable-" I was cut off when everything went black.

I opened my eyes. Everything was upside down. Well, no. We were upside down. Ropes were around all over our ankles as we hung with our arms flapping about.

"Good plan, Thomas. 'Just hear what the man has to say.' Really working out for us." Minho rolled his eyes.

Thomas scoffed, "Shut up, Minho."

-

We had a very long and very boring conversation with Jorge. I didn't really take much of it in.

Now, we were stood up straight, massaging the areas where the ropes had rubbed against our skin. Janson's dumb voice rang through our ears as he attempted to get us to surrender.

The girl we met earlier had saved us from being shot into pieces and now she was leading us away. Teresa stayed back for a second until I grabbed her. Something seemed off. She wasn't her self. It was like she was hiding something.

Jorge met with us and showed us our way out. A zip line.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Fry whispered.

"It's okay, Fry. You got me." I patted his back and smiled at his terrified face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 9.1K 26
❝ Property of WICKED Group A, Subject A3 The Musician ❞ COMPLETED. ❨ Book 1/3 ❩ She adapts, fights, and survives. She falls for a special someo...
273K 5.6K 55
You wake up in the Glade, just like everyone else did. Except, you're the only girl. You end up becoming friends with almost everyone, and become ver...
307K 8.1K 16
The Maze trials are over, now Y/N, Newt and the rest of the subjects must face the Scorch Trials. Y/N and the Maze B girls head out into the Scorch t...
4.2K 94 16
"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖, ℂ𝕝𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕖," 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤, 𝕒 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 𝕠𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕡𝕤...