AMORE MIO (on hold)

By authorsiennablair

๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ข๐จ. ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ: ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž I was only fourteen when I was promised to Nicolas a... More

๐š/๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐ข.
๐ข๐ข.
๐ข๐ข๐ข.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.

๐ข๐ฏ.

11.8K 225 52
By authorsiennablair

𝐠 𝐢 𝐮 𝐥 𝐢 𝐚

Breakfast goes smoothly for the most part. I don't eat much as I'm slightly uncomfortable even though Nicolas, Vincenzo, and Alessio seem to pay no more attention to me and focus on their own conversation. Anyways, I'm fairly picky with my food, so I just eat one piece of waffle and all the fruit off my plate, along with some of the orange juice.

The three of them finish their own food and get up, disappearing back down the hallway where we came from. They don't even acknowledge me before leaving. Assholes. Just as I start to clear the table, the same older woman returns and quickly stops me, taking over.

"It's okay, I can help," I tell her with a slight frown. I'm used to helping around the home, even though we did have maids and such. Mother believed it would make me a good daughter and later, an even better wife, and one day, a decent mother, if I could take care of the home.

She shakes her head, mummers something under her breath that I don't catch onto, and waves another younger woman in to help her. I quickly decide to leave her as she clearly doesn't want me to help, although it only confuses me more as to why. Instead of lingering around in the dining area or the living room, I slowly walk down the hallway again, noticing how there is a grand staircase that leads upstairs on the other end, and this hallway has a few smaller ones adjoining.

Just as I go to wander down one of them, a hand wraps itself around my elbow, causing me to jump, utterly startled. My head snaps back to meet the familiar dark eyes that continue to haunt my dreams. With huff, I go to yank my arm away from Nicolas, but his grip on me only tightens and I can't fight it without hurting myself.

"Relax. I'm only going to show you to your room," Nicolas tells me calmly, not a flicker of emotion on his face. "Also, I would recommend to you not to go wandering about, especially down here or in the basement. Vincenzo and Alessio like to keep their conquests down here...along with other things," he smirks as he pushes me towards the staircase.

"My room?" I ask him with a frown as I stumble forward at first, but begin to shuffle my feet to keep up with the force of him urging me forward. "What do you mean? Are you not taking me back to my uncle's lake house? What about Bianca?"

I hear a combination of an annoyed chuckle and a scoff come from Nicolas as he leads me up the rounding stairway to the second floor of the home. My heels click with every step I take on the marbled stairs, and I can't help but notice how beautiful this home really is. I would have personally opted for a more cream colored scheme, but I guess the dark colors work well with the three men.

"Do you ever just shut up?" Nicolas asks as his hand grips mine, pulling me forward before it comes around me to rest on the small of my back. I purse my lips together, rolling my eyes at his remark as I try to ignore how touchy he's being with me right now.

"Not if I can help it. I especially enjoy getting on your nerves and it seems like the more I talk, the more annoyed you get," I snap back at him as he leads me to the end of the hall before opening the door to a bedroom.

I peak in, but as soon as Nicolas pushes the door open further and gives me a small nudge, I step inside. It's absolutely gorgeous. Cream-colored walls, light grey furniture, and creamy accents all throughout. There are fluffy pillows and blankets, and a huge mirror that has an elegant bronze frame. It's almost as if it was decorated just for me.

"Is this where you bring all your captives? Or I'm sorry... your whores, Sir?" I cross my arms across my chest as I turn to face him, trying to show him that this bedroom doesn't change the fact that I don't want to be held here. "If you think this changes anything, then you are wrong. I might as well call my Papa now so he can order you to send me back to the lake house."

Nicolas stuffs his hands into his pockets, and I notice now that he's dressed so casually. This morning, he was wearing slacks and a button down, much like the ones from last night. But he must have changed since breakfast, as he's only wearing some black jeans and a more casual button down to match.

"Your father actually requested that I keep an eye on you. He heard about someone trying to break in at the lake house and wanted me to ensure your safety, along with Bianca's. I think that it would be better to move Bianca into a home nearby, where Romero can keep an eye on her, while I make sure that you are safe," Nicolas regards me with a smirk, likely noticing how my face must have gone pale.

There was definitely no break in at the lake house. I know that for a fact just by looking at Nicolas' cocky expression, and he wants me to know that. This is a power play on his part, but he doesn't seem to know that I've been preparing for this game for longer than he can imagine.

"And what? You think that you can just lock me in here until we are married? Sir, that's some bullshit. I'll call my Papa and tell him the truth, or maybe I should tell him about you cutting me out of that skimpy little bodysuit and spending the night in bed with me?"

Nicolas' eyes glaze over me and suddenly his hand is wrapped around my neck, pushing me backwards until I'm pressed against the footboard of the bed. His grip isn't tight, but a small whimper escapes my lips as the small of my back presses against the frame, my spine feeling most of the pressure.

"Don't fuck with me, Giulia," My eyes widen as he lowers his face to mine. "You won't win. I really suggest you cut the crap and stop acting like the little girl you are. You will be staying here and you will not complain about it. The last thing you want is for me to tell your father about how Bianca and Matteo brought you to my party, looking like a slutty little tramp, ready to take whatever any man was willing to give."

His words make my cheeks burn, although it isn't from embarrassment, but rather anger. How dare he? I narrow my eyes at him just as his grip tightens around my neck, forcing my lips apart as my body seeks for more oxygen.

It's a gentle version of a choke. But that's all it is. He won't hurt me. Not physically. Not a hair on my head will go missing. I know of this. And he may try to bring me down mentally and emotionally, but I will fight this as a war against him.

"And while we are at it, stop calling me Sir," he snaps, giving me a light push as he lets go of my neck, stepping back. My hand flies up to brush the tender skin, hoping that there is no mark of his touch there. He already has claimed me as his own with the stupid ring. I refuse to let me leave another mark to brand me as his own.

"What would you like me to call you then, Sir?" I purr, knowing that it will only ignite the flames further if he feels like I haven't gotten his clear message.

Message received.

That doesn't mean that I'll listen.

"Nicolas is fine," he jerks his chin up as he rolls his sleeves up. My eyes flicker down to examine his tattoos. This time, I'm more aware of them, although he doesn't give me much time to take note of each one.

"Oh? I think I'll settle for Nico," I smirk as his eyes narrow back at me. He doesn't seem too keen on the nickname his brothers have for him, but that's a good thing. I love getting under this asshole's skin. He's the most deserving of my torture anyways.

"Nicolas," he growls back at me, stepping forward again. Nicolas' sudden movement as me startled, arching back over the footboard of the bed. His hands come down on either side of it, trapping my body between his and the frame. "I'm trying to be nice to you, sweetheart. Don't make this any harder than it needs to be. Just remember, I can take what I want, when I want...just like I did last night."

Nicolas' hand comes up to my face, and my eyes follow his as his thumb brushes against my lower lip, sliding across it slowly. My breath hitches as I recall our lips together last night.

He stole my first kiss.

I was ready to give it away, and he just came out of nowhere and took it. Between the utter tension and exhaustion, I nearly forgot about it.

That's a lie.

How could I ever forget?

I could never.

It was the most infuriating, heart-wrenching moment of my life. People say your first kiss is exciting, lovely, and beautiful. Mine was painful, full of hate, and torture. God, don't get me started on how it made me feel...down there.

A dark chuckle from Nicolas snaps me out of my thoughts as he pulls his hand away, placing it back at my side and pressing his body flush to mine.

"You won't take anything that I won't give you. You said that last night, and you certainly won't until I'm of age, and the one thing that you want the most, you can't have until we are married," I practically gasp as I repeat the terms he had relayed to me last night.

"You see..." Nicolas has a wicked look on his face that makes me squirm under him. I can feel every part of him. His muscles, the heat flowing off of his body, the tension that radiates through him, and his every breath as it deflects against my skin. "I wouldn't be taking anything, sweetheart. You were readily giving me that kiss when I made the move, just as you will give me anything else I want..."

This time, I'm the one scoffing, but I should know better because within a second, his lips are against my own. My entire mind goes hazy as his plump, warm lips devour me. His tongue brushes my lips and I willingly part them, allowing him to dominate my mouth.

Just as I think I can't get any weaker against him, he grinds his hips down against me and I feel him hard against my thigh, which only infuriates me further. Just as I'm about to pull back, I feel Nicolas' fingers grip the back of my neck as he deepens the kiss, earning a moan out of me.

I'm wet, I know of this. My new panties are soaked with reaction from his small gesture and I absolutely despise that. I just can't help myself. His touch, his tongue, and this tension are all things that I have never experienced before.

But within seconds of these thoughts, he's pulling back, looking down at me sneakily. I told you so. His eyes speak the words that his lips don't. I'm glad for it. In this moment, I am the weakling that I was trying too hard to protect and hide from him.

Fuck you, weak ass bitch.

Don't let him get to you.

"Your bags will be here any minute. Unpack and meet me downstairs in an hour. We will be going out for a few hours as I have some business to attend," Nicolas glances at his watch as he takes a few steps back from me, his entire demeanor changing. He goes from angry and demanding to business as usual with the blink of an eye, and all I can do is accept it.

"Well, I surely don't need to accompany you when this house is here," I wave my hand around in the air. I'll gladly partake in this conversation if that means he will be distracted from the evident flush of my skin, pointed nipples, and heavy breath that he has caused from that kiss.

"No," Nicolas shakes his head as he spins on his heels, walking back to the door. He doesn't trust me here. "Be dressed appropriately this time. I won't cut you out of your poor excuse of clothing this time, but rather cut the eyes out of those that look at you, Giulia. The choice is yours."

I hold onto the bed frame on either side of me, watching as his muscular back flexes with each stride. His hands are stuffed into his pockets as he steps out of the doorway.

"Yes, Nico," I call out after him. His shoulders tense as I say the silly nickname that seems to irk him dearly and I can't help but smirk to myself. With a pause, he's standing still halfway between the doorframe and hallway, but quickly decides against whatever he was thinking and disappears.

Nicolas wasn't kidding when he said that my suitcases would be up. They arrived no less than five minutes later. I decided to follow through and unpack, mainly for my own sanity as chaotic messes drive me insane.

My looking for something to wear was surely chaotic, but I was able to kill two birds with one stone by going through the bags, picking what I wanted to wear, and putting away the rest.

Seemly, I decided to switch into some black jeans, heeled booties with laces, and a white camisole with lace on the top. To play it safe, I also grabbed a light cardigan to throw over it, just in case Nicolas did decide to cut some eyes out today.

My gold necklace was back on my neck. My hair now curled loosely and swaying over my shoulders. I am sure that Bianca packed my bags, as my dear journal and favorite coconut hair serum was packed securely and hidden.

With a quick application of some light mascara, powder, and a sweep of my eyebrows, I quickly run my serum covered fingers through my blonde locks and apply a thin coat of clear lip gloss before making my way down the steps, a few minutes after my hour is up.

That was on purpose. Nicolas may be ready to hurt others in spite of me, but since no one is around this time, I'm seemingly ready to take any extra risks if that means pissing him off.

"You're late," he checks his stupid watch as he holds open the front door for me. I step through it first, and this time, allow him to lead me to his car rather than the motorcycle. It's a Bugatti, and an impeccably gorgeous one at that. I'm sure it's fast too, although I'm not too educated on super cars.

"Wow, a gentleman, and an asshole in one?" I mutter under my breath as I slip in through the door, falling into the seat. My remark is greeted with the slam of the door, before he joins me in the vehicle from the other side.

His smell is intoxicating, and now I'm utterly regretting not suggesting to take the motorcycle instead. The space in the cabin is merely any, and practically none, and with the combination of his presence and scent, I feel suffocated.

Thankfully, I'm brought out of my thoughts with his ridiculous driving. It's cold out, and I'm sure the roads are slightly icy on the hillside, but he doesn't pay any attention to that as he nears a hundred on every curve, and even higher as he zooms through the narrow, winding streets.

I have to inhale deeply and brace myself back in my seat, and thanks to the jerk of his speed, I'm stuck against the leather. Luckily, the ride is short, and soon enough, we are entering the city. The small skyscrapers of the Boston skyline are welcoming us. It's nothing remarkable compared to Chicago, but I don't get to spend much time in the proper city anyways, so it's refreshing enough.

"Why are we at a casino and club?" I find myself questioning him aloud as he jerks the car into a tiny spot, practically trapping the two vehicles that we are now sandwiched between. He comes around the car, ignoring my questions, and helps me out.

I go to stand without his hand, but the low height of the car and my heels don't mix, and I struggle to get out, embarrassingly. Nicolas pays no attention to that as he folds my hand in his, pulling me out and placing his hand on the small of my back as he tosses his keys to the valet.

The young boy looks slightly taken back by my presence, and I can immediately sense that he too must be a Made Man, or will be one soon. He's likely no more than fourteen, and I don't know about the Five Families, but the Outfit begins all initiations and oaths at fifteen, so I am sure he is almost there.

I find myself giving him a sympathetic smile as Nicolas leads me inside. The smoke makes me let out a small cough, but as soon as I realize that we are surrounded by men gambling, half naked women, and the stench of cigarettes and alcohol. Immediately, my body stiffens and I lean closely to Nicolas.

As if expecting my reaction, he wraps his arm around my waist, tugging my against him as he leads me through the floor, towards the back of the place. His mere existence has people either staring, or looking away, and I'm not surprised.

Nicolas is strong, beautiful, and terrifying, and their reactions are warranted and expected.

But I'm not scared of him. I'm not scared of this scene either, but I'm shocked to say the least. Papa has never brought me to one of his clubs or any type of business arrangement. Therefore, this is completely out of place for me.

Two Made Men are standing at a door, to which they step aside for Nicolas to open. He pushes me first, gently, urging me to step inside. I cross my arms across my chest uncomfortably and begin walking down, feeling his hand against me as he guides me downstairs.

Immediately, I'm greeted by a huge room. There are tons of couches, a huge tv covering one wall, and then a glass dividing a portion of the room into what seems like an office.

"This is where you come if you ever need to find me, do you understand? If anything happens, you come here first. They will let you in. No questions asked," Nicolas' voice is stern as we reach the landing, and he steps away from me, creating space between us.

With a slightly furrow of my brows, I glance around before I give him a small nod of acceptance. I understand him clearly. Nicolas means in the event of an attack or something of similar sorts, this is a safe place to come. My Papa had such arrangements set up in place in Chicago as well, although I was never alone or without a guard.

"What about security?" I find myself asking. If I am staying here with Nicolas, I doubt that he would let me leave the house without any type of guard either. It's not like I know how to protect myself, and I can easily be used as bait or a weapon against either territory.

"We are working on those arrangements currently. But you are correct — you won't ever be alone. As of now, the only people that I trust with you are myself, and my brothers," Nicolas rubs his jaw with a brush of his knuckles.

It's not that he doesn't trust his men with me. He doesn't trust me. I can see it in the way that he is avoiding my eyes. I try to catch a better glimpse, but it's too late as he opens the glass door and steps into the office area, leaving me to follow behind.

"Does Carmella get the same protection? Is she allowed to come here as well?" I'm asking as I follow behind him. Even with these added four inches of height from the boots, I'm still so much shorter than Nicolas. He's easily around six foot two, possibly three. "Or maybe this is where you two fuck? Tell me Nico, have you taken her in this room before? Maybe with an audience?" I glance at the glass walls around us.

I am playing a dirty game, and playing with fire at that. But I want answers to the questions I'm asking.  He may only see me as what others do — a child, a way into the role he wants, a pawn to gain power and control — but I know that I am more. There's a lot more to me than I let on, and I know things that I shouldn't.

But I also don't know the things that I should. Hence why I am here, asking the questions now. I'm demanding the answers that I need to hear. Even if I am not guaranteed the truth or even the simplest of responses.

Nicolas' nostrils flare as his eyes flicker to meet mine. I find nothing but the usual darkness in them, but he doesn't utter a word. Although I wish he would just answer my words, knowing that crude remarks are the only way to get to him, he doesn't give in. Therefore, I can only conclude that he either really cares about this woman, or he doesn't care at all.

I wish it were the second more than anything else, because then I would have some hope for a life with this man who I have no choice but to marry and spend the rest of my life with. But my greatest fear is that I am right, and that he does have some connection with Carmella, and that will be my own downfall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65K 1.4K 44
Book completedโœ“ NOT A HORROR BOOK There are 6 of them. All devilishly sexy, popular and all have something in common, their desire for virgins. She...
VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.4M 37.6K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
1K 73 15
How much can you love a man to be able to accept anything just to be with him? .............. "Get up, Bella! Don't make me come to get you up, beca...
2.2M 64.2K 75
"๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐’๐‡๐Ž๐”๐‹๐ƒ ๐’๐Œ๐ˆ๐‹๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐Ž๐…๐“๐„๐, it's cute," I compliment draping my arms around his neck. "You think so?" He asks. "Yes, yes I...