'Pairs' [korrasami]

By in_jail_out_soon45

Those four. Those infuriating four make my school life a hell of a lot harder. --- Disclaimer. I'm British... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32

31

4K 135 174
By in_jail_out_soon45

Asami

My friends and I wait outside of Geography for the bell. Wednesday, a few more days until me and Korra have to present that project in english together. We haven't really spoke about how we're going to present it, but I'm leaning more towards Korra doing the talking part. She's better at that stuff than I am.

I rest my back against the wall and sigh, zoning out from all of the chatter around me. Last night was.. eventful to say the least. It was nice meeting Senna and it was fun being around her and Korra. But just by looking at Korra's expression that night I guess we just got lucky that Senna was in a 'good mood'. I was prepared to shake a hand of an alcoholic, someone who 'couldn't walk in a straight line' like Korra described but, I'm glad Senna has turned herself around. I'm glad that she's healing, for Korra's sake.

I had a small conversation with my dad on the way back from that night, half of it was just him scolding me for not replying to his texts sooner. But overall he got over it pretty quickly and my mum still doesn't know.

Jinora waves a hand in my face and I realise that I've been staring at the ground for quite some time.
"Hello? Earth to Asami."

I blink and look up at her.
"hm? yes?"

"You were staring at the floor for ages." Jinora says and crosses her arms with a smug smile on her face.

I chuckle nervously and push my glasses up my nose.
"Sorry, I got lost in thought."

Opal slings and arm around my shoulders and leans into me.
"Thinking about a certain someone?"

I instantly shove her off, blushing as those familiar blue eyes render in my mind.
"Shut up."

"Speaking of Korra, where is she? Class starts in 5 minutes." Kai asks.

"It's Korra, she's never on time." I mumble and check my phone, class really does start in 5 minutes. Opal looks at me with an amused smile on her face. I raise a brow and shuffle my weight awkwardly onto side, why is she looking at me like that? The chattering soon quiets down a little in the halls and I realise that Opal is looking over my shoulder. I turn around and follow her gaze.

Bolin pushes through the crowds of people that are scattered around the halls and Mako is by his side doubled over laughing. I can't see who's behind them though, there's too many people in the way.
"What is Bolin doing?" Jinora chuckles and points over to the commotion.

I shrug and watch him.
"Excuse me people! Coming through!" I hear him exclaim and people giggle and move out their way.
"Clear the way. My friend here has the plague." I can see him now properly now. He has his head held high, chest puffed out whilst he marches down the halls like some royal guard on patrol.

"Does he always do this?" I ask Opal since they're quite close friends.

She laughs and shakes her head.
"No not really. But he can be a real dork sometimes."

Clearly... I look up and I see that Bolin is looking right back at me. He smiles and then moves out of the way, revealing Kuvira holding onto Korra by the arm. My smile instantly drops whilst I scan the redness of her cheeks, her drowsy eyes and the way she sways from side to side as she stumbles forward.
"Korra? What's happened?" I ask as Kuvira hands her over to me like she's some heavy baggage.

Korra opens her mouth to speak but her face scrunches up instead and she sneezes into the crook in her arm. Oh.. I press the back of my hand against her forehead and it's boiling hot.
"Someone's got a fever." I say.

"It's just a stuffy nose, I'm good." Korra replies and sneezes again which is then followed by a cough.

Bolin pats her back and mumbles over into my direction.
"It's the plague."

Korra shoves him back.
"It's not the fucking plague."

"The rain got you good didn't it?" I say and Korra nods and leans into my shoulder, she already looks exhausted and it's only the early hours of the morning. My friends smile at the action whilst Korra's friends kind of look confused for a moment before they give me smug smiles. Mako however, he seemed a little uptight. I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I awkwardly grin at them, my cheeks heating up like before. Kuvira just chuckles and waves at Korra.
"Well we're going to class Korra. We'll see you at break." She says and Korra just gives them a nod. They leave us soon enough and my friends begin to chatter away to eachother. I turn to Korra again who still leans against me like her legs can't hold her up for much longer.

I feel her forehead again.
"You're really hot..." I say.
"Why did you come to school?"

Korra chuckles.
"Really hot huh?" She peers up to me, with a weak smile feeling proud of herself with her lastest response. The bell soon rings, saving me from Korra's amusing cockiness. Korra stands up straight, well tries to, her shoulders slouch slightly as she walks into the classroom. She still gives the teacher a salute before sitting at her desk

Geography went by in a flash, in the quiet moments all that could be heard was Korra's sniffling and the occasional sneeze that was muffled by her arm. We're walking to our next class, History but I don't think Korra even knows that. She's following the guidance of my shoulder by resting her head there as we walk.
"You should go to the sick bay or something before you feel any worse."

"Asami, I'm fine seriousl-" She suddenly sneezes.

"Yeah.. sure." I chuckle.
"How's your mum by the way?"

"It's her first day so I'm hoping everything is alright." She sniffles. I smile and search my pockets, pulling out a fresh tissue that I hand to her. She nods a 'thank you' and wipes her nose.

History goes a little slower. The note taking was a little intense and my hand went so numb that if I bit into it I probably wouldn't feel a thing. Korra spent most of the lesson with her head on her desk. Though half way through she did move her chair from across the classroom to set it in front of mine, only so she could fall asleep right on my notes.

Miss Beifong did look my way at one point, her brow furrowed once she looked at Korra and all I could do was shrug. To my surprise, all Miss did was sigh and continue to teach, not even bothering to ask Korra to move back to her original seat.

Science was a complete disaster. Bolin thought it would be funny to tie Korra's shoelaces together whilst she was sleeping. And it really was funny. He gave me and Opal a thumbs up with a grin and sat down quickly when Mr Tarlokk came in. Opal stiffled a giggle whilst I just rolled my eyes with a small smile, knowing that it wouldn't go well when Korra woke up.

That time came when Mr Tarlokk noticed that Korra was indeed fast asleep in the comfort of her wooden desk. He crossed his arms and everyone turned in their seats to follow his gaze.
"Korra." He said and he grew more angry when Korra only stirred in her seat.
"Korra!"

She shot up straight with dazed eyes, earning a few giggles from all round. She looks cute like that, so clueless and sleepy.
"Yeah?" She yawned and her face scrunched up like she needed to sneeze. And she did.

"Since you were sleeping in my lesson, I assume you already know everything about this topic." Mr Tarlokk pointed to the board with his marker where the equation was and then pointed over to her with the pen.
"Come up and balance this equation."

She slowly stood up from her seat and gave me a glance, winking at me in the process. I giggled a little and waited until she took a step. And when she did, her shoelaces straightened out into a tough line and she tripped. Head first and onto the floor. Lets just say Mr Tarlokk wasn't happy about that.

<->

"Maybe if you tied your shoelaces then Bolin wouldn't of done that." I say and pull a blanket over her.

Korra huffs and crosses her arms. her cheeks a rosey red and so is the tip of her nose.
"Maybe if Bolin was a decent human being then maybe I wouldn't of tripped up."

I shake my head and uncap a bottle of Calpol.
"I have to admit it was pretty funny."

Her blue eyes find mine and she rolls her eyes with a smile, flaying her arms around in a tantrum.
"Great now my own girlfriend has turned against me."

"What a shame." I giggle and gently pour the medicine onto a teaspoon.

Once I hold it towards Korra she raises a brow.
"Is that going to taste gross?"

"Korra just take it." I say and push the spoon closer to her.

She moves her head away and I frown.
"Is it going to make me even more sick?"

I laugh.
"No you idiot this is medicine."

She hesitates, looking between me and the spoon like we're something to be avoided. I roll my eyes and wait until she clamps her mouth around it, gulping it down. She winces for a moment before her face relaxes and she gives me a warm smile.
"Oh, it's not that bad." she mumbles and snuggles further into my bed.

I twist the cap back on the bottle and set it down at my desk. Korra's phone comes into view.
"Does your mum know you're here?"

"I did text her after school. Has she responded?" Korra asks and shrug. I take the phone into my hand and I slide next to her on the bed, handing the phone over to her. She taps away at it, swiping through contacts until she gets to her mum's. Senna has responded to her last message with 'yes that's fine.'

"Do you think she'll get suspicious?" I question.

Korra swipes off the contact and scolls down her others. I don't mean to be nosey but I can't help but look at all the names she has her friends set as. Wait a minute... is that me?
"What do yo-"

I cut her off immediately, leaning into her side as I point to her screen.
"Wait a minute, what does that say?"

Korra quickly turns off her phone and grins at me.
"What does what say?"

"What have you got my name set as?" I ask and cross my arms.

"Nothing. Well I mean obviously it's your name I wouldn't literally have it as 'nothing' that would be stupid." She continues to ramble on and doesn't realise that I've slipped her phone into my hands and I punch in the passcode.

My eyes widen as I read the name.
"Salami? Seriously?" All she does is chuckle nervously and flash me a lopsided grin. Has she had it like that all this time? I let it slide just for now since it's actually pretty funny.
"Anyway, as I was saying. Do you think our parents would get suspicious?"

Korra sneezes.
"Uh suspicious of what?"

"Of us? We've been going out a lot together lately, surely they should know something by now..." I say.

Korra places a hand on her chin in thought.
"I don't know, possibly. Why? Do you want them to know?"

I sigh. I've been thinking about it, telling my parents about us. I don't know why but it feels like I need to, no. I want to. But not just my parents or Senna. I want to stand on a rock, or that cliff that Korra took to me once, and shout out that that we're together so the whole world knows.
"I guess so. That's if.. you want them to know too."

Korra gives me her warm smile that's I've grown to love.
"I'm more than happy telling them if you are. Obviously when I'm not sneezing 24/7 though."

A laugh leaves my lips and I lean in closer to her face. Before I could peck her mouth, she moves away from me. I frown and move back.
"What'd you do that for?"

"I don't want you to catch my cold." She says and shuffles away from me. I shuffle towards her.

"Korra you've been latched onto me like a leech all day, if I was going to catch your cold I would've already caught it by now." I say and lean in again but she turns the other way.

"Nope." She says.
"I'm not letting you take any more risks."

We end up wrestling for a few minutes, both of us giggling whilst I try and claim a kiss from her. It doesn't work at first but then she starts to fatigue due to her cold and our wrestling match ends with me straddling her waist, pinning down her wrists onto the pillows.
"That's not fair." She says and her bottom lip sticks out in annoyance.

I smile at my victory.
"You're just a sore loser."

"Am not!"

I kiss her red nose.
"Can I please get a kiss now?"

Her blue eyes meet mine and from those eyes came a sense of home.
"Fine." She says.
"But don't blame me if you get the plague tomorrow."

I finally lay a kiss onto her lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 9K 48
Jennie lost everything.. Her life changed over a night.. At the end when we lose something we gain something else.. What would it be? ©ilovemyself26
7.2K 129 37
Korra is born into a prosperous world. A world where there are no big conflicts, a world where technology was growing. As a young child, Korra would...
262K 10.5K 21
「𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗥」❝That boy is really strange❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Kaia McKinnon is inattentive, and not that she could handle it. It was just how she had...
152K 2.7K 19
Like the title says, this will be AU oneshots with the guys from Attack on Titan for male readers. Though females can read it too, if they wish.