Scarecrow's Secret

By echoangel124

There's a secret about Dr Jonathan Crane, otherwise known as Scarecrow. He has a family. A son and a daughter... More

"Please, call me Jon,"
Caralyn's Nightmare
Want A Taste Of My Medicne?
Fresh Blood
Jonathan's Plan
Curse Security Cameras
This Is Revealing
Dirty Secret
Happy Birthday Caralyn...
Kidnapped
Welcome to Arkham
Caralyn's Second Session
Who Knew Escaping Was So Hard?
Dying In a Tedious Manner
Oh, Look, Duality King
Don't Lie... Unless You Absolutely Have To
Death Bed
Agility Lessons
Capture To The Courthouse
Courthouse Nightmare
Seperated - Part 1
Seperated - Part 2
Answers
Reunited
The "Secret" Lair
Surprise!
"We Are Just Epic,"
Epilouge

Familiar Faces, Unbeknown Names

796 14 1
By echoangel124

*Caralyn's P.O.V*

I don't know how long I had been lying on that hard ground floor. I awoke and found myself in some small living room instead.

"Is she awake yet?" asked a voice. A familiar voice but I couldn't make out who it was. Ivy? Catwoman? Of course it wasn't Catwoman. Harley Quinn?

"Harley, why is there a teenage girl who looks like a hobo sitting on our couch?" asked a mans voice. Welll, confirmation of Harley Quinn, so the man must be the Joker. But who were the two people standing above me. My eyes flicked open and closed.

"Dad, where are you?" I asked myself, mumbling. A girl with long green hair kneeled next to me and a boy with a cane that had a question mark on top of it.

"Who is this chick?" he asked. I kept rolling my head and my eyes whipped open. I could visibly see them now. It was morning outside.

"Mom, she's awake!" called the green haired girl. I looked over at them. They looked a little familiar. They were staring at me. I sat up and they kneeled down at the couch to stare at me.

"Uh, why are you staring?" I asked, a little creeped out. The green haired girl went to touch my face but I whacked her away.

"Alex, don't touch her you creep," said the boy. Well, I had been given a name for the green haired gir. Alex. She looked familiar and so did the name, well, a bit of it.

"Shut up, Ethan. I'm just curious," she whined. The boy named Ethan rolled his eyes. I just stood up, and walked past both of them. I stood at their stairs, examining them as they both stood up and turned around. I felt the spray-thankfully-still in my jacket pocket.

"Who are you?" I asked. I was fumbling with the spray.

"No, the question is, who are you? You were the one lying on steps and we found you," said Alex.

"That may be. But you were the ones who found me lying on steps after my fall. I have a right to know who my rescuers are, or captors. You choose," I countered. Ethan let out a small giggle.

"We're not you're capturers. We just wonder who you are. Do you have somewhere to live? Are you homeless. Plus, you look quite familiar," he reassured. I was still a little frightened. That's saying something for being the daughter of Scarecrow. Alex took a step closer and I pulled out the little bottle of spray and pointed it at her, shaking a bit. I put my hand to the staircase to support myself.

"Stay back, or they all come to life," I said, my voice shaking. She threw her hands up but then looked completely confused, as did the Ethan boy. I rolled my eyes.

"I mean your fears," I snapped. They both looked at each other and their eyes lightened up and they looked at each other. I looked from them both.

"Caralyn Crane?" asked Ethan. I'll admit, I got quite scared. How the hell could he possibly know my name?

"How did you-" I started but Alex cut me off, by knocking the toxin out of my hand and pushing me up against the staircase.

"What the hell has your dad done to you, Caralyn?!" she yelled at me. It was my turn to be confused. I looked at them both. Alex looked at a loss as did Ethan. I just gave them a confused stare. Their faces did look quite familiar but I couldn't figure out who the hell they were. I thought, loads. I couldn't remember anyone from my childhood. I could remember a little girl with blonde hair who was named Alexandria, but this girl looked like her hair was naturally brown. This couldn't be the same Alex. Could it? I could also remember a small boy who was named Eith, I think. Well, that's what everyone called him. Eith lead me to Ethan. These people couldn't be the same people! Gosh, why couldn't I remember them? I remembered Alex's last name. Harley Quinn and Joker in the next room. It all made sense.

"Alexandria?" I asked her whispering. I swear I saw a tear fall out of her eye. She hugged me.

"Oh, how could you forget us?" she asked, wiping the tears away. I shook my head and was at a loss for words. I remembered the Ethan boy. Oh, who was he? Well, the question mark cane set off a clue. The Riddlers kid? But, it couldn't be.

"Ethan? Ethan Nashton?" I asked him. He grinned at me. I grinned at myself for remembering them. How could I forget them? They were my only friends when I was younger. A lot of memories came rushing back now. I held my head as it was all too much. The memory of Alex, Ethan and I running along a park, eating ice cream, preschool, my mothers funeral. All the memories stopped there. Then a rush of another horrible memory I had probably repressed came rushing through my mind. The psychiatrists office, the ward, the injection. It was all organised, by my dad.

"Dr Crane, are you sure about this. I mean, she's your daughter for Chrissake," said a man in a white coat. My dad looked down and sad and his eyes looked like they were filled with tears.

"I-I'm sure, Dr Arkham," said my dad. I was strapped to a board again. I couldn't see.

"What are the symptoms of your daughter, Dr Crane?" asked a man who was holding a needle. The drug.

"Sociopathic tendencies, thinks that her mother is still alive and episodes of schizophrenia," he said sighing. He was plainly lying. A needle was injected into me and I fell asleep. It all came rushing back. Dad had planned for me to forget about Ethan and Alex and everything else. But the question was: why? I flipped out my cellphone and went to call him.

"Caralyn? Oh, God, Caralyn. Are you alright? Where are you? Christ, Caralyn. Where are you?" he asked. I held back tears. I was mad at him, but it wouldn't be for long. He was only person who loved me in my family and the only person I could trust and really speak to, but I suspected an argument.

"I'm at Harley Quinn and Joker's house. I'll explain how I got here later," I choked on the phone and then immediately hung up and started crying my eyes out at the realisation. But why?

--Jonathan's P.O.V---

I was so worried about Caralyn I stayed up almost all night. It was three o'clock in the afternoon when I woke up and rolled off the couch.

"Woah!" I yelled as I fell. I heard my phone rang and I jolted up to get it. Maybe it was about Caralyn. I looked at the caller ID. Oh, mother of God, not you. Allysen. I answered the phone and sighed.

"What do you want?" I asked, I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and drank it.

"Look, you tell me what you make in that stupid lab of yours or I'll tell Arkham Asylum you're back to being the Scarecrow and they'll put you in there themselves, got it?" she asked. I just chuckled. She should know she can't blackmail me by now.

"They won't believe you, goodbye now, Allysen," I said, hanging up and hearing blah blah blah gibberish of her protests on the phone before it. I got showered, dressed and went on a little hunt for my glasses. Then, as soon as I found them, the phone rang. I looked at the ID. Oh, thank God.

"Caralyn? Oh, God, Caralyn. Are you alright? Where are you? Christ, Caralyn. Where are you?" I asked, grabbing my keys off of the table next to the couch and walking out to the car. She sounded upset. I wondered what was wrong.

"I'm at Harley Quinn and Joker's house. I'll explain how I got here later," she replied. My eyes widened at the mention. If Harley or Joker had done something, which I doubt they had, but if Alexandria had, then they would definetely see their oblivion. I revved the engine and drove to their house. It took about twenty minutes. I knocked on their front door.

"Jon!" screamed Harley as she hugged me. "We haven't seen you in ages, Caralyn's here and she's fine," she announced. That was an absolute relief. I walked in and saw her in the corner and her eyes were all red and puffy.  I went over to her. To my relief, Alex was standing well away from her. That Ethan Nashton boy was there, too. I went over to Caralyn and sat down next to her.

"So, how did you end up here?" I asked her. She explained everything. As soon as she was done, I stood up and took her with me. I turned to Harley and Joker.

"Thank you," I said. They both smiled and I walked out with Caralyn.

---Caralyn's P.O.V---

As soon as we were outside, I walked well away from dad that I left a confused look on his face. I went in the car and slammed the door. He got in the car and started the ignition.

"Well, that's the door closed," he joked. I shook my head and looked out the window. "What's wrong with you?" he asked. I sighed and just got straight to it.

"Why?" I asked. He looked confused. "Why make me forget about Alex and Ethan? My friends. My only friends! Tell doctors that I had sociopathic tendencies, episodes of schizophrenia, what else did you tell them, huh?" I asked, angrily. He just looked dumbstruck. I mentally smirked.

"How did you-"

"Know?" I finished for him. "Please, this is why you locked me up in the house and never let me go anywhere, isn't it? You knew that once I saw someone from my past, who reminded me of my past, I would remember everything," I confronted. He sped up and drove down some alley. This was the alley to our old house. He stopped right outside sixty-five. The spot where we found my mother, dead.

"This," he started. "This is why I did it. Protection. I didn't want to lose you. It's not just this alley, it's the whole of Gotham city nearly. I had to keep you from danger somehow, I mean, just as long you're in my sight, then I won't have to worry about your safety,"

I looked at him like he had just smacked me across the face with a fish. I shook my head

"That is the stupidest excuse, I have ever heard, in my life," I retorted. He looked so offended now and angry.

"Really, is it?" he asked. I nodded and then it got really into an argument.

"Yes, you are so overprotective!" It then went into us saying things at the same time.

"I am not over-protective!"

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm just concerned!"

"Concerened? No, you are overprotective, you planned an injection to make me forget my life and-" I heard a smash. It was such a close smash. I slowly turned my head to the windshield. There was a gunshot crack on it. I started to hyperventilate as dad realised it, too.

"Um, ok, Caralyn. Breathe," he tried to reassure while starting the engine. I could feel a scream coming on. He could probably sense it, too. "Don't scream, just stay calm,"

"Stay calm?! We just got a bullet through a window and you're asking me to stay calm?!" I asked, bringing my legs up to the glove compartment.

----Jonathan's P.O.V---

"Stay calm?! We just got a bullet through a window and you're asking me to stay calm?!" asked Caralyn bringing her legs up to the glove compartment. I rolled my eyes and shifted the gear.

"Fine," I said. I drove right through the bins that were infront of us and my ears filled with a piercing scream from Caralyn, I knocked down some cardboard and swerved on to the road. Caralyn looked like she was calming down now. I was smiling. This fear from Caralyn was quite interesting. Her expression was so scared that I had to laugh. That's horrible parenting but, oh well.

"That was fun, wasn't it?" I asked her, to see what her answer would be.

"NO!" she yelled in my ear. I grinned and laughed at her. After a few seconds, she turned her head to me and started laughing. She sounded like the Joker.

"What?" I asked. She turned to face the windshield, then back at me.

"You're one crazy dude," she said to me, grinning. I grinned back at her and continued driving. She looked calmer that before now. Once we got to the house, it started raining. I went inside. We saw Allysen standing in our living room. This would be interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 162 32
Before Jonathan Crane fully became the Scarecrow, he was a Professor at Gotham University. When English transfer student Cassie Sullivan becomes his...
1.9K 64 14
No longer the target of Gotham's underground criminal organization, 21 year old Ianthe Thatcher has set herself free of the burden that put a price o...
9.9K 378 24
Professor Fear's sequel continued... 'It wasn't long ago when Daria was merely a troubled college girl and Jonathan Crane was her peculiar professor...
570 157 64
The lives of four Gotham citizens don't seem interesting on their own, but what happens when their seemingly separate lives begin to intertwine? This...