Chéri || Fred Weasley

By laucb02

"I promised myself to never fall in love again, even if that leaves me to be alone for the rest of my existen... More

Author's Note
cast
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlviii
xlix
l
li
lii
liii
liv
lv
lvi
lvii
lviii
lix
lx
lxi
theo&clo
lxii
lxiii
lxiv
lxv
lxvi
lxvii
lxviii
lxix
lxx
lxxi
lxxii
lxxiii
lxxiv
lxxv
lxxvi
lxxvii
lxxviii
lxxix
lxxx
lxxxi
lxxxii
lxxxiii
lxxxiv
lxxxv
lxxxvi
lxxxvii
lxxxviii
lxxxix
xc
xci
xcii
xciii
xciv
xcv
photos of mads taken by fred
xcvi
xcvii
xcviii
xcix
c
ci
cii
ciii
civ
dream house
cv
cvi
cvii
cviii
cviv
cv
epilogue i
epilogue ii
epilogue iii
epilogue iv
weasley-archambeau children
next gen faceclaims
epilogue v
Author's Note
Sapphire||Prologue

xlvii

6.7K 130 227
By laucb02

Trigger warning: sexual assault

HARRY POTTER SPEAKS OUT AT LAST: THE TRUTH ABOUT HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMES AND THE NIGHT I SAW HIM RETURN
Read the title of Harry's successful interview for The Quibbler. The Gryffindor table in the great hall had owls everywhere, dropping the jugs of pumpkin and orange juice while waiting for Harry to pick the letters from them which definitely looked like they were from The Quibbler's readers.

"It's good isn't it?" said Luna dreamily squeezing herself onto the bench between Fred and Ron and across from Madeleine, Harry, Hermione and Clotilde.

The golden trio and Clotilde began opening the letters, curious about what the readers wanted to say despite of Maddie trying to tell them to be careful in case some of them were cursed.

"This one's in two minds," said Fred who had also joined the letter opening enthusiastically. "Says you don't come across as a mad person but he really doesn't want to believe You-Know-Who's back so he doesn't know what to think now... Blimey, what a waste of parchment."

They kept going over through the letters until the pink woman approached them. "What is going on here?" Umbridge said in a flasely sweet, girlish voice. "Why have you got all these letters, Mr Potter?"

"Is that a crime now?" Fred scoffed, "getting mail?"

"Be careful, Mr Weasley, or I shall have to put you in detention again," Umbridge said sternly earning the dirtiest look Madeleine had ever given to someone. "Well, Mr Potter?"

Harry hesitated but Maddie knew that he couldn't keep the interview quiet so he told her the truth. "People have written to me because I gave an interview about what happened to me last June."

"An interview?" repeated Umbridge, her voice becoming higher than ever. "What do you mean?"

"I mean a reporter asked me questions and I answered them," Harry rolled his eyes and threw the woman the copy of The Quibbler.

"When did you do this?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"Last Hogsmeade weekend," said Harry coldly.

"There will be no more Hogsmeade trips for you Mr Potter," Umbridge whispered. "How you dare...how you could..." she took a deep breath. "I have tried again and again to teach you not to tell lies. The message, apparently has still not sunk in. Fifty points from Gryffindor and another week's worth of detentions."

When the pink toad walked away, Maddie elbowed Harry hard on the ribs making him yelp in pain. "You do realize you could have lied right? Say that they were from distant family in the Alps or something," she hissed.

"She was bound to find out anyway," Harry shrugged and rubbed his side in pain.

BY ORDER OF
THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS
Any student found in posession of the magazine The Quibbler will be expelled.
The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-seven.

It was no surprise that after Filch nailed that latest educational decree everyone around the school was eager to get their hands on a copy of the magazine. Umbridge was even going as far as to ask students to turn their book bags and pockets in case they were hiding a copy of The Quibbler but they were two steps ahead. Many of the younger students had asked the older ones for help when it came to charming the magazines so that they couldn't be read by anyone but themselves.

Fred and George had taken this job very seriously and were earning money in the process, charging one galleon to each of the naive young kids for them to do the charms necessary to hide the evidence. Harry was now considered a hero, especially in the Gryffindor common room where the twins put up and enlargement charm on the front cover of The Quibbler and hung it on the wall, ocasionally saying things like "The Ministry are morons" and "Eat dung Umbitch."

Madeleine, Alicia and Lizzie were walking together to the dungeons for Potions first thing in the morning when they encountered something never seen before. Angelina and Montague were talking quietly in a dark corner, she was looking anxious as she handed him a sheet of parchment and left quickly without looking back.

"Why is Johnson talking to Montague if they hate each other?" Alicia whispered to her best friends as they stood in line waiting for Snape.

"Don't know, don't care," Maddie yawned and leaned her head on Lizzie's shoulder.

"It it odd though, do you reckon she was giving him something quidditch related?" the curly haired said looking at Angelina suspiciously who stood in the front of the line.

"None of my business and I really don't care," Madeleine shrugged and once the doors opened she took her seat in the back of the class alongside Pucey.

"Can one of you incompetents tell me the definition of Amortentia?" Snape questioned in his monotone voice.

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world, it is caracterized by a mother of pearl sheen and the steam that it produces comes in the shape of spirals. It is also distinctive because it smells differently to each person according to what attracts them and the reason why it is so dangerous it's because it causes infatuation or obsession if consumed," Maddie said. "Though, I don't understand why we're studying it again if we did so last year, Professor."

"Ten points from Gryffindor for speaking without permission," Snape snarled. "Don't you get tired of pretending you know it all Miss Archambeau?"

"Not really Professor, you can't get tired when you do know everything. Unlike you, I don't feel the need to pretend," she snapped back when her temper rose.

"Detention Miss Archambeau and ten more points from Gryffindor for your insolence," he said and with a wave of his wand the instructions to make the potion appeared on the blackboard.

Madeleine and Adrian worked in silence just like the rest of the class. Alicia was clearly having a hard time since Montague had ruined theirs but as the class progressed the aroma in the class became infatuating. She could definitely smell Fred and there was no denying it even though she did try. The cinnamon, the gunpowder from the fireworks, the scent of his cologne and a faint whiff of cigarettes, fire whiskey and weed engulfed all of her senses making it hard to concentrate.

Stepping out of the classroom she felt how her senses went back to normal. Behind her, Alicia, Lizzie and Lee were chatting happily about what they had smelled in the potion but Madeleine refused to say that she smelled Fred. That night, detention with Snape wasn't as bad considering that she only had to clean his class but going back to her dorm that night she felt something odd, as if she was being watched.

It was late when Maddie returned to her dorm, she hadn't seen her study timetable since the night before which was odd considering that she typically never took it out of her bag. Alicia was listening to music with Lizzie on Maddie's bed when she arrived feeling tired and drained but determined to find her most valuable sheet of paper.

"Hey have any of you seen my schedule?" Maddie asked her two best friends exasperatedly rummaging through her bag.

"Which one?" Alicia chimed in from her bed.

"The specific one with where I must be at all times and what I am supossed to be studying and that," the blonde groaned.

"No I haven't seen it," Lizzie shrugged.

"Me neither," Alicia yawned and got inside the covers of her four poster bed.

"Great," she said sarcastically, "now I have to make a new one."

To say that March in Hogwarts was chaotic was putting it lightly. Umbridge had sacked Trelawney and a centaur called Firenze was appointed as the divination Professor in the mean time. Umbridge was putting up more educational decrees daily, including the prohibition of all the joke products made by Fred and George. She also banned all the literature written by non-wizards which meant that Madeleine could no longer read her muggle books outside the safety Gryffindor Tower which also meant that she had become quite irritable.

With all of the Bellatrix situation, Maddie became paranoid always getting the feeling that she was being watched at all times but when talking to Fred, he suggested that it was just stress about the upcoming exams so she decided to shrug the feeling off.

George, Lee, Alicia, Lizzie and Madeleine were sitting together in Transfiguration while McGonagall reviewed which were the spells that we most likely to come up in their NEWTs. Maddie looked at her watch and there was still another forty-five minutes for class to end and she couldn't help but feel the need to use the restroom. "Professor may I go use the loo? I'll be quick," she raised her hand and when Minnie nodded, she left the classroom quietly.

After washing her hands, Maddie came out of restrooms playing with the charms dangling from the bracelet Fred gave her for her birthday when someone grabbed her wrist from behind her harshly and shoved her into a dark broom cupboard. For a slight second she thought it was Fred but realization fell into her. Fred's hands were never cold, his were always warm and the person who was still gripping her wrist had freezing cold hands which made a shiver ran down her spine.

"Lumos," said a voice that made her insides churn. The faint light illuminated Graham Montague's face who was looking at her with evil eyes, Maddie tried turning back to see who was behind her and it was no other than Miles Bletchley pinning her arms and wrists behind her back.

"You see Madeleine, we are not very happy with you so we figured that we were bound to teach you a little lesson," Montague tutted and walked closer to her.

"It was a rather simple plan to come up with actually, we got a timetable with were you where at all times, really stupid to do something like that if you ask me," Bletchley chuckled darkly gripping her wrists with more strenght. 

"Then we just observed you for a while, and turns out that every Thursday during McGonagall's lesson you use the bathroom at the same time and that is what led you to us," Montague said cupping her cheek which made her move her face away in disgust.

"Graham let me go, I'm being serious" Maddie said through gritted teeth.

"And let you ruin our fun? I don't think so gorgeous," he tilted her chin up with his finger.

"What are you gonna do Montague? Let me go," she said loudly trying to shuffle out of Bletchley's grip.

"The real question is what am I not gonna do to you? See you're so pretty and riling us up like that is not nice so you will give me what I deserve," Graham growled.

"Please let me go, you're not gonna get away with this just let me go and I won't tell anyone" her breath quickened just like her heart race.

"No I don't think that's gonna work what do you think Bletchley?"

"I agree with you mate, a little slut will get what she deserves"

"Don't touch me, don't touch me," Madeleine yelled when he came closer. 

"Shut up or I will make you shut up," Montague snarled.

"I'm sure you will enjoy it whore, isn't that what you whores do?" Bletchely said lowly and twisted Maddie's wrist making her cry out in pain. "Don't bother in screaming anyway, we've put a silencing charm and Weasley won't be able to come and save you in time."

"Why is she taking so long?" Alicia whispered when she saw that ten minutes had gone by and Madeleine still hadn't returned to class.

"I don't know, she's usually back in five minutes," George shrugged.

"Georgie why don't you go look for her? I bet Minnie won't mind since you already finished your work," Lizzie said softly and the younger twin nodded in agreement.

"Professor may I use the lavatory?" George raised his hand.

"Yes Mr Weasley but be quick," McGonagall replied from her desk.

George left the class and was walking to the girls' restroom when he bumped into Harry. "Oh, hey Harry, by any chance do you have the map in your bag?" he asked the younger boy who immediately opened his bag and handed him the piece of parchment.

"Yeah, why do you need it?" Harry inquired and closed his bag again.

"Mads isn't back from the loo and it's been a while," he answered and pointed his wand at the familiar parchment. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," when the map revealed itself, George rapidly looked to the part of the castle they were in and looked at a cupboard on the same floor that had three names with their respective footsteps. Graham Montague, Miles Bletchley and Madeleine Archambeau.

"What are you doing out of class?" Fred appeared from behind them and noticed the distressed look on his twin's face.

"Maddie's in trouble come on," George began running followed by Fred, the two of them being guided by the map's help.

Madeleine was screaming at the top of her lungs, trying to fight against Bletchley's restraint who was laughing as if it the funniest show in the universe. She kicked and screamed and fought when Montague's fingers pulled her skirt up, in her head begging for a divine intervention from anyone. Her eyes were shut close thinking that if she kept them that way, when it would hapen she wouldn't remember as much. Fearful tears were running down her cheeks heavily as she felt his cold fingers on her inner thighs

Bletchley was gripping her wrists so tight that she couldn't even do the simplest wave to make them back away, with every movement she could feel him nearing closer and closer and she tried thinking in something else trying to trick her mind that it was just a nightmare after all and she would wake up soon in Fred's arms. Madeleine kept screaming and crying, pleading the heavens for some kind of help when the door was thrown open and two familiar voices shouted at the same time.

"STUPEFY!"
"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!"

Montague crashed against the cupboards walls while Bletchley fell on his back, his body completely paralized and limp. Maddie refused to open her eyes, her entire body was shaking with fear and when her body was about to hit the floor, her weight collapsing under her knees his warmth embraced her and prevented her from doing so.

"Maddie, Maddie it's me love. I won't hurt you, they won't hurt you anymore," Fred said softly but she still refused to open her eyes.

"Fred get her out of here, I'll take care of the rest" George said quietly.

Fred nodded and picked a sobbing Madeleine up in his arms, wasting no time in taking her to his dorm by using the secret passageways so no one would see her cry. He knew how much she hated when people saw her cry because it made her feel weak and in his eyes, she was the last person in the world who could be considered as weak. Once they were in his dorm, Fred closed the door and looked back at Maddie who was pacing around the room.

"I can't breathe, I can't breathe," she choked and tried ripping the tie off her neck. Her wrists and arms were bruised and her breathing sped up and that's when Fred knew she was having a panic attack. It wasn't the first time she'd had one in front of him but after it happened the first time he secretely studied them with the purpose of knowing how to help her.

"Shit," he said whispered to himself and wrapped his arms around her frame keeping her close to him. "Okay tell me five things that you can see Mads."

"The window, your trunk, your bed, the door and the mirror," she cried.

"Four things you can touch,"

"You, the ring you gave me, the charms on my bracelet, your jumper,"

"Three things you can hear,"

"Your voice, the beating of your heart and the birds outside"

"Two things you can smell"

"Your cologne and my perfume"

"One thing you can taste"

"Spearmint toothpaste," she sniffled.

"That's it love, now I need you to take deep breaths for me okay. Can you do that or do you want me to do it with you?" Fred cupped her face and took deep breaths with her until her breathing stabilized.

"He was, they were going to-"

"I know, but they won't touch you ever again and I'll make sure of it. I promise my love," he pressed his forehead with hers and held her body close to his.

"I was so scared, he said he had been following me for some time," Maddie stuttered and wiped the tears that had stained her cheeks. The door opened, Lizzie, George, Alicia and Lee stepping inside

"Oh Merlin, thank God you're okay. I knew something was wrong and I sent George to look for you Mads, I'm so sorry," Lizzie sat next to her and held her hand. 

"I'm fine, he didn't do anything 'cause Fred and George got there in time," the blonde whispered still clutching Fred's body. "I wanna take a shower," she said hoarsely.

Since she her body was still slightly shaking, Fred walked her over to the bathroom and helped her get in the shower and left so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

"What did you do to them?" Lee asked George quietly.

"Jinxed them with a couple of hexes and then used Incarcerous so I guess they won't be able to leave for a while," George said.

"Should've use the killing curse, that's what I would've done," Fred said angrily. 

"I'll go get her some clothes 'cause I doubt she'll sleep in out dorm tonight," Alicia sighed and left the room. When she opened the door of their dorm, Alicia saw Angelina rummaging through Madeleine's side of the room. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," Angelina jumped and turned to see Alicia looking at her suspiciously.

"Why are you going through Madeleine's things then?" Ali frowned and crossed her arms.

"I was um, looking for a shirt," Angelina stammered.

"You're a terrible liar Angelina, what's behind your back?"

"None of your businesss Spinnet, shove off" Angelina said walking back to her bed.

"What. Is. Behind. Your. Back. Angelina?" Alicia said lowly taking a step closer to the girl with each word and reaching to snap the sheet of parchment she was holding. It was Madeleine's schedule. "What the fuck did you do Johnson?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," the other girl shrugged.

"Where did you find this?" Alicia questioned looking at the piece of parchment with her best friend's handwriting and small annotations with what she asumed was Montague's writing.

"Again, I have no idea of what you're talking about," Angelina hissed.

"You gave this to Montague didn't you? YOU GAVE THIS TO MONTAGUE KNOWING WHAT HE WOULD DO TO HER DIDN'T YOU!"

"Lower your voice," Angelina hissed.

"I WILL NOT LOWER ANYTHING ANGELINA BECAUSE YOU WERE AN ACCOMPLICE TO MONTAGUE ALMOST RAPING MADELEINE!" Alicia yelled.

"Please Alicia, let's just talk it out-"

"There is nothing to talk about, I'm going to McGonagall and she will decide what your punishment will be! I can't believe there was a time I thought of you as my friend, you make me sick Angelina," Alicia shouted and after taking some of Maddie's things she stormed out of the room ignoring Angelina's calls.

"Ali what's wrong?" Lizzie asked softly from George's bed when Alicia returned, her face red from anger.

"It was Angelina, she's the one who gave him the timetable with where Mads was at all times."

"What?" Fred, George and Lee said in unison.

"You heard me correctly, Angelina was also behind it and we need to tell Minnie," Alicia fumed.

"Don't go to McGonagall," Maddie rasped coming out of the bathroom wearing one of Fred's jumpers and his sweatpants.

"Mads-"

"Don't, I said don't. There is nothing they're gonna do to them alright! I've been in this position before and they won't do anything especially because he barely touched me!"

"Yes but he would have done more, you need to report this," Fred tried reasoning with her.

"No you don't get it Fred, you don't get it and never will because you're a man and that gives you privileges that us girls can't have!" Madeleine snapped. "When I was fifteen I was in a party and two seventh year boys put something in my drink, I don't remember much because I forced my brain to block everything but I remember pain and feeling like a couldn't walk for days. I remember bleeding and feeling as if I was to break every time someone came near me after it happened and when I spoke out I was called a whore, no one believed me but my own brother who took matters into his own hands but being a girl means that anything that happens to you is your fault. Because maybe the skirt was too short or maybe she was too drunk or maybe she had no business being alone. And that is something that you will never understand and I'm fine! I've been through this shit before and came out of it with help from no one so just fucking drop it already because I'm fine and I just want to sleep for a while!"

"Love-"

"Don't say anything and just hold me for a while please," she whimpered. Fred got into bed with her and hugged her while his hand played with her hair until Madeleine's breathing slowed down letting him know that she was finally asleep.

"She's already asleep, why don't you go bring her some food for when she wakes up? Ali and I will stay here," Lizzie said softly and took Fred's place when he got up slowly and walked out the door with George and Lee.

"This is all my fault," Fred spoke for the first time since they had left the dorm.

"What?" both Lee and George said dumbfoundedly.

"She was right, she told me last week that she felt like she was being followed and I didn't listen! I told her it was probably just stress or some shit like that and if I would've listened this never would have happened!"

"Fred, mate it's not your fucking fault and she knows it. The blame goes to Bletchley and Montague and Johnson, not you and not her alright," George said firmly.

"George's right mate, you didn't do anything" Lee patted Fred's back.

"That's my fucking point Lee, if I would have done something-"

"I'm going to stop you right there, she knows it's not your fault and you bringing that up can hurt her even more Fred. She needs you right now and she doesn't need you taking the blame for something neither you or her were guilty for! Those pigs are the ones who are responsible-" George started but was fastly interrupted by Fred .

"-and I will give them a lesson," Fred growled when they walked past the courtyard and saw Montague and Bletchely completely fine, with Warrington who most likely had moved them from the broom cupboard.

Fred stopped on his tracks and all he could see was red. His head was clouded with rage and he felt angrier than he had ever been in his entire life. He wanted to make them suffer, he wanted them to feel scared like she felt scared. Fred was so angry that his own feet were dragging him towards the three boys who were laughing, George and Lee were behind him already knowing what he was about to do but they wanted to do the same.

The older twin finally reached the group of Slytherins and with ease he grabbed Montague by the collar of his robes and slamming his head against the tree. "You think it's funny what you tried doing to her?" Fred hissed.

"It would have been more fun if you haven't interrupted the party Weasel, I'm certain your whore-" Montague began but was cut short when Fred landed a punch on his jaw, definitely breaking it. After the Slytherin quidditch captain fell on the floor, the older twin got on top of him and kept landing punch after punch on his face, leaving bruises, broken bones and a trail of blood with each hit.

George had taken Bletchley and Lee Warrington but they weren't as succesful as Fred when it came to fights. George had taken a couple hits to the face just as Lee but with the help of their wands they managed to stun them but Fred didn't stop. His jaw was clenched, his ears red from anger and his knuckles cut open and bloodied with a combination of his own blood and the boy's beneath him.

"Fred stop! You're going to end up killing him!" George shouted pulling Fred away from the barely conscious and bruised body of Montague with Lee's help.

"You touch her again and I will fucking kill you Montague mark my fucking words because I will kill you and I will make you suffer first!" Fred spat and walked away with Lee and George leaving the three other boys unnconscious.

Returning back to their dorm with food and drinks for everybody, Alicia and Lizzie looked at them with wide eyes, especially since Lee and George had bruised faces. Lizzie quickly did some of the healing spells that Madam Pomfrey taught her on the weekly classes and in no time they were as good as new. Fred sat on his bed next to Madeleine who was slowly waking up when her gaze fell upon his knuckles.

"We're gonna be in the common room mate," Lee said and left, the others trailing behind.

"What happened to your hand?" she asked once everyone left.

"Nothing," he mumbled quickly hiding his hands behind his head.

"Fred what did you do?"

"Taught someone a lesson," he shrugged and kissed the corner of her lips.

"So beat him up? For me?"

"I would beat up anyone for you, I would've done some more permanent damage but George and Lee stopped me from doing so, sadly" he said hiding a grin.

"You're stupid, give it to me so I can heal it," Maddie shook her head and smiled, making him do the same.

"Not necessary, it's a reminder of how good it felt beating the living shit out of that piece of scum," Fred said proudly but winced when she grazed his knuckled with her fingertips.

"Please let me heal it, I don't like seeing you in pain," Maddie said softly.

"I'm not in pain and besides, using the healing magic drains your energy and I don't want to you to get hurt love, I brought you your favorite by the way," he said summoning a tub of vanilla ice cream.

"Thanks," she said sitting with her legs crossed, him doing the same while they shared the ice cream in silence.

"Why did you never tell me? You know that, that happened to you?" he cupped her cheek with his hand.

"Because I felt that you would look at me differently," Maddie whispered.

"I would never do that and you know it," Fred took her hand into his.

"I know, it's just something that I don't like speaking about and it happened a long time ago. My dad always used to say 'Don't let your past define who you are in the present' so I I guess I just wanted to keep it in the past," she sighed and wrapped her arms around his frame, lying next to him.  

"None of it was your fault love, and I need you to know that. Not what happened with those boys and not what happened with Montague and Bletchley, it isn't and will never be your fault that those degenerate pigs have no sense of basic human decency alright."

"I know Freddie, it just triggered something that I spent way too many years bottling up and it just bursted open."

"You need to report this and I know that he didn't do, you know but he still was planning to do so and I know that you will have Minnie's support through it all, and I'll be with you every step of the way," Fred said staring deep into her eyes.

"You're right, I'll go to Minnie tomorrow" Maddie nodded.

"I'll go with you alright," he smiled softly and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Thanks Freddie," she snuggled closer to him.

"You're really brave you know, probably the bravest person I've ever met and I mean it Mads," Fred pushed a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "Try to get some sleep," he pecked her lips and held her closer to him until they both fell sound asleep.

Lizzie and Alicia had brought most of Maddie's belongings to the boys' dorm because they all refused to let Madeleine get anywhere near Angelina so Lee, Fred and George agreed to let her crash in their dorm until the end of term. As they walked to McGonagall's office the following day, Fred had his arm thrown around her shoulder's comfortingly, it was a smal action but the simple fact of being around him always made her feel safe. Like he was her own personal guardian angel.

"You ready? We can come later if you're not," he stopped in front of the door with his unwounded hand raised to knock on the door.

"I'm ready, let's get it over with I guess," she muttered. Fred knocked on the door three times and it flung open, revealing their Transfiguration and favorite professor sitting on her desk going through badly written essays by the look on her face.

"Fred, Maddie to what do I owe the pleasure?" Minnie smiled and took off her glasses.

Madeleine took a deep breath still holding one of Fred's hand tightly. "Professor something happened to me and I thought it was best if you knew."

"Go on dear, take a seat," McGonagall said and motioned them to sit.

"Yesterday when I was coming back to your class after using the lavatory two students forcefully pushed me inside of a broom cupboard and touched me without my consent and if it wasn't for Fred and George they would have gone farther than what they did."

"I believe you Madeleine, who may these students be because I assure you that they will be punished severly and I will make sure of it."

"Graham Montague and Miles Bletchley," Maddie's voice cracked and her hand gripped Fred's even tighter, his knuckles were still raw and bruised but he knew that she needed him and that overpowered any physical discomfort his hand was feeling.

"I will take it from here dear, and I promise that they will be more than disciplined. You are very brave for stepping forward with this, you made the right decision by coming to me first," Minnie stood up and wrapped Madeleine into a warm motherly embrace.

"Thank you professor," she smiled shyly.

"And Fred, do me a favor get that hand looked at by Madam Pomfrey," McGonagall looked at him disaprovingly.

"Will do Minnie," he winked.

"And one more thing Fred, shall I expect to see either Mr Montague or Mr Bletchley injured by the state your hand is in?"

"Innocent unitl proven guilty Minnie," he flashed a cheeky grin and the two seventh years could see how the older witch's lips were curling.

"There is something else Professor, Angelina Johnson helped them orchestrate their whole plan by giving them Maddie's schedule so that's why they knew where she would be," Fred said with his jaw tensed before following Madeleine out of the office. 

After their meeting with Minnie, Madeleine was sitting next to Fred in Herbology his hand resting on her knee when McGonagall showed up to the greenhouse they were in to take her out of class. The two of them walked all the way to Umbridge's revolting office and when her head of house opened the door, Montague and Bletchely were sitting in front of the High Inquisitor's desk with Snape standing behind them. Their faces were still bruised and swollen but Montague's was definitely the worst looking. Minnie conjured a chair as far away from the boys as possible so that Maddie could sit and just like Snape, she stood behind her with a hand on her shoulder.

"Well Minerva, I have a very busy schedule so what is it that you wanted to discuss so urgently," Umbridge said in her high pitch voice.

"I am here to report a sexual assault attempt against a student of my house, Dolores," McGonagall narrowed her eyes at the two boys who looked visibly afraid of her gaze.

"Very well, so you are acussing two members of my Inquisitorial Squad Miss Archambeau-"

"I'm not acussing, I'm stating the facts," Madeleine said through gritted teeth and looked over at the two Slytherins and to the Potions master who clearly wanted nothing to do with it.

"Then I would like to hear the two versions of the story, you may start Graham," Umbridge said to the black haired boy.

"So what happened was that Miles and I were patrolling trying to see if someone was breaking your rules Professor Umbridge and Madeleine was out of class so  we told her to go back but she stayed talking to us. But what happened next is that she used her veela magic and next thing we knew we were in a broom cupboard and-"

"THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE!" Maddie said loudly feeling her cheeks heating up with anger.

"Lower your tone young lady, carry on Graham," Umbridge said.

"And then her little weasel boyfriend and his twin came and hexed us and later that day the two of them punched us, hence why the bruises Professor," he finished and falsely smiled at the pink woman.

"You may tell your version now," Umbridge said to Madeleine with clear annoyance in her voice.

"It's not my version, it's the truth of what happened and you can put me under veritaserum if you'd like!" she rolled her eyes.

"Yesterday I was in Transfiguration and I needed to use the lavatory so I did. When I came out, I was walking back to class when someone grabbed my wrist and shoved me into a broom closet. There were two people and I recognized one of the voices when Graham used his wand to illuminate the room. He was standing in front of me while Bletchly was behind me keeping my wrists behind my back so that I wouldn't move. The two of them then revealed to me that the intentions that they had were to 'punish' me because I had refused numerous times to have sex with Graham. Then they also said they had been observing me which was in other words stalking me and memorizing my every move so that they would know when to try their attempt. I told them to let me go several times but they didn't and then Montague began to try and put his hand under my skirt as Bletchley restrained my arms but he wasn't able to do what he had 'planned' because two of my best friends came in. They immobilised them and that's the last thing I know."

After Madeleine was done speaking, the room fell silent for a couple of minutes. The two boys were fidgeting on their seats, McGonagall's hand was still on top of the blonde's shoulder but she was still keeping an angry and disgusted look towards the boys which then shifted to Umbridge who was looking pensive.

"Well Miss Archambeau," Umbridge cleared her throat, "maybe Mr Montague and Mr Bletchley received mixed signals from your part considering how you get around, if you could say so, boys will be boys after all. You may all go now,"

"Sit. Back. Down," Minnie said lowly to the two boys who stood up rapidly.

"So you're basically calling me a slut? The amount of people I've been with is no one's concern but mine and it certainly is not an invitation for anyone to get under my skirt!" Madeleine snarled, clenching her fists and digging her nails into her skin to not let her temper boil over. 

"Severus what do you have to say? These two students are in your house after all and I do see fit that they are expelled for what they did!" McGonagall said outraged.

"But the thing is Minerva, they did not do anything. After all, perhaps the two other boys are the ones who need to be punished," Snape said in his monotone voice and both Minnie and Maddie could see the two Slytherins trying to hide their smiles. 

"This is outraging Dolores! Mr Montague and Mr Bletchley need to be punished! At least they should be banned from quidditch the very least because expulsion is what they really deserve!" Minie fumed.

"Minerva I believe you are forgetting that accoriding to Educational Decree Number Twenty-five the High Inquisitor has complete authority over all punishments and I don't see fit that Mr Montague and Mr Bletchley are punished, perhaps a simple apology from both parts should be best."

"This is exactly the problem, people like you are the problem and the excuse of boys will be boys is no longer acceptable. Why don't you put yourself in someone else's shoes? How would you feel if two boys shoved you into a broom cupboard, touching you without your consent and threatening in doing far worse stuff if you don't quiet down and you know what, I will not quiet down so expel me if you have to but for once in your life try imagining being someone else! Try imagining the fear and try imagining what's left after it happens. Just because they are boys and just because they are part of your stupid Inquisitorial Squad does not mean that their actions should be forgotten by a pathetic excuse of an apology! People like you are the problem and I hope that you rot in the seventh circle of hell!" Madeleine shouted storming out of the room and leaving the rest in shock except McGonagall who was smiling proudly.

"Very well, a three day suspension is what they will face. Now may I ask all of you to leave my office, I have essays to mark," Umbridge gulped.

"And they will have detention with me every night until the end of term and I will not tolerate a say in the matter Dolores," Minnie said and left, her robes swishing with each step. "I am sorry dear, that horrendous woman seems to have her brain somewhere else rather than in her head," McGonagall rubbed Madeleine's back. "You should go to Poppy to get those cuts healed dear," she said looking at the bleeding crescent moon shaped cuts on Maddie's palms.

"It's fine, Minnie, thanks for supporting me anyways," Maddie sighed.

"They got a three day suspension and they will be in detention until the end of term but I would have preferred and expulsion," the older witch huffed.

"Life will punish them soon enough Minnie, I'm sure of it."

"I hope that by life you don't mean Weasley," she raised her eyebrows.

"I have no idea of what you are talking about," Maddie shrugeed. "Though he already took care of part one and that was the lowest level of how far he was willing to go," she laughed. "Just promise me that when you're Headmistress things like this won't happen again."

"When I what?"

"Minnie, we all know it, once Dumbledore retires you're next in line and you'll be the best one if I may say so," Maddie smiled.

"You flatter me Madeleine," McGonagall chuckled. "I did not know that you and Fred were dating dear, you should have said something to me."

"Oh, we're not dating Minnie he's my best friend," Madeleine stuttered after being caught off guard. 

"Well, if reassuring yourself that helps you sleep at night then so be it, but I must go now before the second years burn my classroom down because there are a couple potential Finnigans and Weasley in that year alone," she said and began walking away.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Maddie followed her.

"You can figure it out, you're not the best in your year for mere casualty Madeleine," Minnie smirked and left.

Coming out of the hospital wing after Madam Pomfrey quickly healed her hands, Fred was waiting outside with the Marauders Map in hand. "How did it go with Umbitch?" he kissed her cheek when leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Not good, they only got a three day suspension but I'm sure karma will hit them straight in the face one day," she mumbled.

"Wanna skip the rest of the day? We can sneak into Hogsmeade," he said soflty lifting her chin up with his thumb so that her eyes could meet his.

"I wouldn't want anything else," she grinned and followed him to the secret passageway he took her on the first adventure they had together.

Fred carried Maddie on his back until they reached the division between Hogwarts and Hogsmeade in the tunnel. They apparated out to the main street of the village and walked around hand in hand, just laughing and talking like they usually did when they were alone. For lunch, they went to the Three Broomsticks and with his charm Fred convienced Madam Rosmerta to never mention that they were there in the middle of a school day.

"You're birthday's coming up," she took a sip of her butterbeer.

"I know," he groaned, "I don't want to get old."

"You'll be eighteen Fred, there's not much of a difference between that and seventeen," she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Eighteen and then the following day I'll be fifty having a middle age crisis with a girlfriend way too young for my age who will be willing to spend my business' fortune," he said dramatically.

"Don't forget bald-" she teased.

"Who do you dare call bald Frenchie? You will end up bald," he huffed. 

"Not possible, I have excellent hair genetics and an advantage of veelas is that we don't age as fast as you all mortals do," she gloated. "You should have seen my dad's hair, it was perfect and my mum has really nice hair too."

"Would you like me if I'm fifty with no hair?" Fred raised his brows.

"Not likely," she snorted.

"Take it back!" he gasped.

"No can do," Maddie snickered.

"Alright, you asked for it," Fred grinned devilishly and took his butterbeer's cream in his hand and smeared it all across her cheeks laughing.

"You're such a child Frederick! What are you, five?" she laughed wiping the whipped cream with a napkin.

"I'm not a kid woman because I don't think anyone else but me can get you to come the way you do every time," he smirked when her eyes widened and her face blushed. "Cat ate your tongue?"

"Shut up," she swatted his arm and shoved his face away jokingly when he tried to kiss her.

After dinner, McGonagall had called Alicia and Angelina to her office. Alicia was sitting chattinf casually with Minnie when Angelina finally came in and her face fell when she saw her dorm mate and team mate talking with her head of house who looked at  her angrily.

"Take a seat Miss Johnson," McGonagall said sternly.

"Professor how long will this take? I've scheduled a practice for before dinner and-"

"Miss Johnson, taking into account your involvement with Mr Montague and Mr Bletchley with their plan of doing unforgivable things to a fellow student you will no longer be Gryffindor's quidditch captain and you as well, are banned from the team. The position of captain will go to who was Oliver Wood's first option, Alicia Spinnet," McGonagall wasted no time in letting the other girl finish her sentence. Alicia was in complete shock and Angelina looked as if she was on the verge of tears.

"You can't do this, I didn't even do anything! They will be slaughtered without me professor you can't do this!"

"As a matter of fact I can and be thankful that I am not filing an expulsion report, please hand your captain badge to Miss Spinnet and leave."

"I hope you realize the mistake you just made Professor, without me and with Alicia as captain there is no way that Gryffindor will ever get the cup again," Angelina hissed and put the badge in Alicia's hand harshly.

"You may leave Miss Johnson, and you will receive detention along with Mr Montague and Mr Bletchely until the end of term as well as a three day long suspension," Minnie said and Angelina stomped out of the room. "Alicia, are you alright?"

"I'm just shocked that's it, I knew she would be punished but not like this."

"I have zero tolerance to sexual assault and that comes above quidditch. I entrust you can do the job, after all you are quite the talented player and Oliver Wood also named you as the first option but before he left he said you refused."

"I'm not a leader Professor, I have no idea how to be captain," Ali stammered.

"There is no going back Alicia, I know you will do a good job and you will make Gryffindor House proud dear," Minnie smiled.

The other five were in the twins and Lee's dorm just talking and listening to Bowie when Alicia came in, the badge enclosed by her hand and she was still in a deep state of shock after what had happened. "So turns out I'm quidditch captain now," she said quietly but loud enough for everyone to hear and sat on the edge of Lee's bed who wrapped her into a hug.

"WHAT!" Fred and George beamed broadly.

"That's amazing Ali congrats!" Maddie and Lizzie said.

"Is it amazing? Because as much as I hate to admit it Angelina was bloody brilliant and now we're a chaser short and I'm supposed to be in charge and I don't know what to do!"

"Well you have to hold tryouts, that's first and then you choose someone," Madeleine said and took out some bottles of tequila from her trunk to celebrate. 

"Why don't you try out Mads, you were pretty good the other night," Fred nudged her.

"No thanks, that was a one time thing because I like my bones to stay the way they're supposed to be but I do know someone who's a pretty good chaser though," she smiled.

"Who?" Alicia looked up at her.

"She's blonde, has my last name and tends to annoy me nine out of ten times," Maddie chuckled.

"Wait so you're telling me that Clo plays?" George said with surprise laced with his voice.

"Yup,"Madeleine nodded. "Timothée trained her since we were kids and she's really good, she used to play for her house back in Beauxbatons."

"I just realized that you've never actually told us much about Beauxbatons and now I'm curious, I didn't know there were houses just like here," Lizzie chimed in. 

"Oh yeah, there are three houses but you're not really "sorted" until your second year 'cause the first year is when they kind of observe you to see which fits best for you," the blonde explained.

"And how does it work? 'Cause all of them had the same uniform when they came," Lee said curiously.

"Well they see which are your best subjects and which are your main traits and that does the trick," she shrugged.

"Which one where you in?"

"Ombrelune that's like Slytherin and Ravenclaw combined. Clo was in Bellefeuille which is like a mixture between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, Timothee was in Papillonlisse that is like Gryffindor and Hufflepuff."

"So you were all in different houses? How did you all got Gryffindor then?" Alicia said, feeling odd at the mention of Timothee's name. 

"Timothée was the first and he got Gryffindor so I'm guessing that Harry or Ron told Clotilde that she could ask the hat and I kind of did the same thing but I am sure that she would have been in Hufflepuff and me in Slytherin but I'm glad I got stuck with all of you instead," she grinned.

"Frenchie did you just confess your undying love for all?" Fred said jokingly.

"In your dreams Red," she snorted, "are we getting drunk or what?"

"That's the spirit!" Lee laughed and in no time they were wasted, singing drunkenly the Starman's lyrics allowing themselves to enjoy what was left of the time together in school.

AN: I'm so sorry it took me this long to post but uni had been crazy this week so I didn't have much time to sit down and write until now but I'm all done for this week so I'll try to post again during the weekend. I hope you're having a really nice day and don't forget to tpwk <3
Ps: my messages are always open if there is ever anything any of you want to talk about <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...
224K 5.9K 45
"They held you. Without question. Without reason beyond love." "Come back to me." Entering your fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wiza...
127K 3.3K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
207K 4.7K 39
You start your fifth year at Hogwarts. You are a very normal girl...kind of. Also you cannot stand the twins. But when one of the twins fall for you...