RARE GOLD

By yvnglisha

Rare is a nineteen year old mixed beauty who has had a hard past since her parents got murdered eight years a... More

THE BEGINNING.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
THE END.

xvii.

1.4K 76 5
By yvnglisha

☽ RARE EGYPT☽

I walked into the living room just as my phone started ringing on the coffee table. Glancing down at the screen I seen it was Tyla so I answered it.

"Lotus ma, how you holding up?" She spoke in the best manly voice she could. I chuckled at her silly antics while taking a seat on my couch.

"Marvelous, darling, and your self? Just fine, I presume." I speak in an English accent making her join in on my laughing.

"You do know what today is? Right." Looking up at the Christmas tree I put up with the help of Rob. Everyone's gifts were under there and I was actually starting to feel a bit better. Or, in the 'spirit', should I say.

I nod my head yes like she could see me. "Can you have everyone come over later? Theres presents that needs opening and I didnt wake up sick." I smile.

"Yes, yes, oh and you know my parents are having a christmas dinner. I suppose you'll finally talk to Trevor and come?" I clear my throat thinking of a way to avoid answering that.

"We'll handle that later just have everyone here by noon, can you do that?"

"Yes ma'am." I chuckle.

"Okay, see you then."

"Bye." We end the call and I let out a deep breath leaning my head back.

Im now starting to regret telling Trevor not to talk to me, and I knew he'd respect my wishes. I didnt wanna push him away but at the time I was really pissed off.

I damn near died twice because of his jealous crazy ass ex and no one can see a problem with that? I mean, sure it was a bit late then, I also needed time to reevaluate myself. Two weeks seem like more than enough time, I'd never admit it out loud, but I've missed Trevor like crazy.

Now Im for certain I want Trevor in my life. I never really gave up on us, but I didnt wanna rush into anything either.

That night at the hospital when I told King how I felt he tried his hardest to persuade me to stick it out. But I decided to be a punk and call a break. When I sent King to tell Trevor I didnt think he'd try to come in so I had to pretend to be sleep.

I've basically been mopping around since then and the fact I was under the weather didnt help.

These past weeks I woke up sick every morning throwing up, and Trevor's tea could have really helped.

Trevor's assumption that I was pregnant is another reason I need to talk to him. I havent went to go get tested because I wanted Trevor to be there with me.

Hopefully Im not because its entirely too early, but if I am theres nothing I can do besides shape up and become a fit parent for my kid. I might not be a religious person but I do not at all support abortion, so I will have this baby, if there is one.

Today, I woke up without having to throw up. So I was in a way better mood, to say the least.

Huffing I stand to my feet and head to the kitchen to prepare food. I know for a fact all these niggas gone come over here hungry as ever.

***

The knocking on my door made me turn my attention to the time. That read twelve o'clock, I blew out a breath and glanced in the mirror at my outfit then went to get the door.

I wore a black long sleeve blouse, nude high waisted trousers and black strap heels.

I decided to dress very casual because for one I didnt feel like getting too dolled up, plus I plan on eating all day.

Anxiety filled my veins as I unlocked the door and pulled it opened. Of course I came face to face with Tyla big ass grin, small ass body, and round ass belly. With the guys standing behind her. King, Lest, Matt, and Trevor.

"My Lotus flower bomb!" Tyla exclaimed pulling me into a hug to the best of her ability without squishing her stomach.

"Asian persuasion!" I replied returning the hug.

"Aye, aye, aye!" King calls to us intervening our hug. "Do not squish my child." We both smacked our lips at him then chuckled.

"Merry Christmas everyone." I speak cheerfully opening the door wide enough so they could all come in. "Theres food in the kitchen." After all muttering a 'Merry Christmas' they all scattered towards the kitchen. Everyone besides Trevor.

I looked at the floor avoiding eye contact as he purposely stepped in slowly. After closing the door back I saw he wasnt walking off till I spoke to him.

Observing him from bottom to top, I was more than impressed. I would like to say he dressed nicely specifically for me, but Trevor always looks handsome in everything he wears. I admire him as I watch him admire me. Im not sure why, I wasnt wearing anything fancy.

I cleared my throat and pushed a piece of stray hair behind my ear. This silent staring and Trevor's relaxed posture was killing me.

Just as I mustered enough courage to speak he beat me to it.

"Walk with me outside." Taking both hands out his pockets he grabbed my coat off the rack by the door in one swift motion. His free hand smoothly slipped in my right one as he guided me out the door.

I pointed towards the kitchen as he helped me slip on my coat. "But-"

"They'll be fine." He cut me off, his hand finding it way back to mine as we walked down the hallway. It seemed like a longer walk to the elevator than usual. Could be the fact we were walking slow or Trevor spoke as soon as he closed the door back. "How have you been?"

"Fine." I answer emotionless, his eyes pierced down at mine letting me know he didnt buy it. I shrugged my shoulders, not having a word in mind to sum up "how I've been". "What about you, how are things flowing on the west end?" I change the subject with a small smile making him smirk and look ahead again.

"Honestly?" I nod my head yes knowing he saw me out the side of his eye.

"Please." I say sheepishly. He blew out a breath before speaking. I watched his demeanor as he stuck our entangled hands into his jacket pocket.

"At first I wasnt too good, at all actually. I felt like everything was my fault and I beat myself up for it, I never meant for any of that shit to happen. But I eventually convinced myself you'll just talk to me when youre ready." He took a glance down at me then back ahead of him. "My moms gave me hell when I told her what happened." He shook his head and chuckled, I giggled along just thinking of Mama So getting in his ass.

"It wasnt your fault Trevor." I seen him frown slightly, as I continued to talk. "You cant control a person's actions. So, I apologize for making you feel like that and more importantly leaving you alone to deal with the guilt." Trevor was so caught off guard by my words he stopped his feet to look at me with a brow raised.

"What?" He questioned as if he didnt understand making me chuckle. It wasnt a typical half ass apology from me, so I see why hes stunned. I had some time to think of what I would say, when it actually came down to it I just said what I felt.

I gently tugged on his hand to continue our journey to outside for whatever reason. He cleared his throat and regained his relaxed posture from before.

"You know what Honey told me?"

"What?"

"That when she first came to see you since the shit went down you looked different. You had a sad expression but your skin was glowing." I was confused as to why he was telling me this. I do recall Tyla mentioning that to me on our first visit since I was released from the hospital.

Once we made it to the elevator he stood in front of me and studied my face. Softly rubbing his thumb across my cheek, a small smile tugged at his lips. "I see what shes talking about now." I blushed and looked down not having a response.

Thankfully the elevator dinged as we reached the ground floor. He pulled back some and led me out, towards the main doors.

"Why are we going outside? Its cold." I reminded him, but he kept walking and didnt speak till after we stepped out side.

"Close ya eyes." I did so but he still put his hand over them to making sure I wasnt looking.

"If I trip, I swear Im beating yo ass." I warn in a serious but playful tone he chuckled and slowly made me start walking.

"You aint gone trip and we're not walking that far." I blew out a breath and reached back to hold on him anyways. Better safe than sorry.

After what felt like a couple of steps from the door. Trevor gently stopped me and turned me around to face him.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I ask, he took his hands off but never gave me the okay.

"Yeah." Once I did I came face with his gorgeous grin making me frown a little.

"You brought me out here in the cold just to smile in my face?" I dont have a problem with him smiling but this could've been done inside. He chuckle and shook his head.

"Turn around." I did so and gasped as soon as I seen what was now in front of me. My dream car. A burgundy 1974 Rolls-Royce Corniche, that had a large white bow on it. Is this a joke?

"Trevor, what the hell?!" I squeal putting my hands over my mouth as my eyes got teary. I could hear him chuckle from beside me as I stood there in awe. He knew how bad I wanted one but I could never find it in the right color.

"Merry Christmas Lo." He tried handing me the keys but instead on taking them, I engulf him in a large tight hug he couldnt help but return.

"You didnt have to but thank you so much." I say lowly in his ear. We pull away and he wipes my tears of joy away attempting to hand me the keys again. Which I took this time and looked back at the car.

I've wanted one of these every since I seen John Huges' 'Sixteen Candles' back in high school for the first time. I shared that with Trevor one time. It was second day we've known each other. The day he brought King to me and we played 21 questions. Roughly five or six months ago, and he still remembered.

I took a few seconds to actually calm down some before heading towards the drivers door. The top is up because its cold outside but this will be my whip of summer 2015.

I used the keypad to unlock the doors and opened it, sliding into the beige leather seats. Its very spacious inside and I was becoming more and more satisfied the longer I sat here.

"I love it!" I call to Trevor whom watched me from the front of the car with a accomplished grin. He motioned for me to look in the back seat. When I did I seen nothing but a black trash bag that was almost full.

I reached back and pulled it towards the front. Which was some task because it was quite heavy. Trevor came and stood outside the drivers side and took the bag from my hands with ease.

I got out the car and made the sure the doors were locked before following Trevor back into the building.

"Whats in there?"

"Your presents." I looked at him crazy as we approached the elevator. Why the hell is there a whole bag full? And knowing Trev, its more than likely all designer shit. "Sorry about the trash bag but its the only thing that I could find big enough."

"Why did you get me so much?" I ignore his absurd apology. You bought me my damn dream car, you really think I care how anything else is packaged? "The car was enough Trev. Hell, that fact that you came is more than enough."

"Why? You didnt think I'd come?" I dropped our stares and shook my head no.

"I knew you'd be mad at me."

"Yeah, and you also knew I couldnt stay mad for long." I smirk at the thought as we traveled back down the hall to my condo.

"I know we have more to talk about. How about we just enjoy this day together and tomorrow make plans to meet up?" I suggest, opening the door to my condo. Trevor nod his head yes, agreeing. I let him in first and before I even locked the door back Tyla was bum rushing me with questions.

"So how did it go? You like the car? Are yall going to move in together? Did you take him back?" I looked at her crazy and confused.

I held up my hand and pushed her back slightly so I could move around her. "Calm down Ty." I simply reply, honestly I just wanted some breathing room. "We're taking things slow." After summing that up for her we go and join everyone in the living room.

I cant wait for tomorrow when we actually sit and talk. Not only do we have a serious situation on our hands, I've sincerely missed his company.

*****

☼ TREVOR SAL ☼

I sat in a booth at Chipotle waiting on Lotus to show up.

I felt someone standing over me, taking my attention from my phone, I turn to meet eyes with a girl I've never seen before.

"Hey, Im Nia." She spoke with a bright smile, I waited for her to finish while wearing an unphased expression. "I thought I'd introduce myself, you seemed lonely."

"Preciate it, but Im waiting on my Fiancee." Her faced dropped at the sound of my voice. I tried my hardest to be polite as possible.

I appreciate the compliments and would have no problem with girls approaching if I was single. But thats not the case, so thats not how shit will go down.

"Sorry." Nia whispered and turned on her heels just as Lotus was walking up to the booth.

Lotus seemed to pay the girl no mind and that still shocks me every time. I chuckled at her appearance as she sat across from me.

"Whats funny?" Lotus asked placing her purse in her lap. Her nose was red and she had her hands shoved in her coat pocket.

"Why is your nose so red?" She smacked her lips at my question and I smiled. We stood from our seats and went to stand in line.

"I walked down here." I looked her crazy as she started to order. True we're only a few minutes away from her place, but its cold as fuck outside.

I dropped the subject and waited to start a new one after we finished ordering and sat down.

Observing Lotus while I ate, I could tell something was wrong. She wasnt really eating her food and its her favorite. Plus she was mess with her fingers and staring at her lap in deep thought.

"Whats on ya mind?" I ask breaking her from her thoughts as she made eye contact.

"I think I might be pregnant." Lotus whisper with a small frown. It took everything in me to hide my huge grin.

Honestly Im happy, although it was never my intentions. That night we just got a bit too caught up in the moment and what happened, happened.

"Think?" I reply instead, with a neutral tone. I didnt wanna get too excited too soon.

"I havent went to the doctors yet." That made me furrow my brows together in confusion. "I didnt wanna do it when we werent talking and then we start talking again you could say I was keeping something from you." She continued, I nodded my head understanding where she was coming from.

"Well, we're talking now." I point out.

"I have a morning appointment this up coming Wednesday." New years eve.

"I'll be there." Her attitude seemed to have improved as soon as that was settled.

"I found a place to move into." Rare's eyes gleamed with joy as she told me. It completely slipped my mind I was suppose to help her find a new place.

"Thats whats up, Lo. Is it everything you wanted?" She nodded her head yes with a huge grin.

"You'll have to come see it sometime. Im moving out of my place by the end of the week." Damn, all this happened within the time we werent speaking? But I could say I was honestly happy for her.

Rare has told me numerous times before how she always wanted a house. Regardless of if she had a family of her own or not. A place for tranquility, or some shit like that.

"You need help packing?"

She took her head no as she finally started eating her food. "I ordered furniture for there and paid some people to move everything. I just have a few more clothes to get. I left the furniture at the condo for Tay." I also forgot she had some random ass nigga sleeping in the guess room.

That day I meet him he seemed aight and treated Rare with respect, but you could never be too sure about new niggas. As far as Im concerned I dont have anything to do with him and thats fine. I could care less.

"Oh yeah, that nigga." I mumble she smack her lips with a small frown.

"That boy hasnt done anything to you. Hes real cool and I think he went to school with my lil cousin." That dont mean shit, I thought to myself. To prevent from arguing I decided to not say shit else on the situation.

"What about us?" I ask bluntly. I watch as she bit her bottom lip nervously, avoiding eye contact.

Rare cleared her throat before speaking. "Well, how do you feel?" That made me look at her side ways.

"Aint shit changed over here."

"I didnt mean it like that. I know, well, I hope, you'd still feel the same way about me. I mean, like, dont you think we should wait a minute? Not rush back into things, start as friends, then go from there?"

Man, hell no! But I just nodded my head yeah with a blank stare. For whatever reason Lo is holding back from me and its killing me not knowing why.

Her gloomy mood soon came back and she pushed her food away from her.

"Done?" She asked quietly, I nodded and stood grabbing our trash.

"C'mon." I grabbed her hand holding the door open. I lead her to my car helped her inside then went to the drivers side.

"I could have walked back Trevor." She informed me as if I didnt know.

"You trying to end our day together this early?" I ask with a fake pout, watching as she tried to her smirk by facing the window.

I didnt really have anywhere in mind to go. I just need to be in her company, on good terms. Eventually things will be normal again and we'll be back in action like we never stopped.

For the rest of the day we cruised around the city in a content bliss. Discussed how we've really been and she even told me all the shit about Maria and the rest of them hoes. Honestly knowing my baby handled all them bitches on her own makes me admire her even more.

Knowing what both of us are capable of, the thought of us having a kid together should frighten the shit out a lot of fuck niggas.

__________
__________

vote, comment, all that good shit

shouts to anyone who actually reads my author notes as the end lol, yousa real nigga🙏

like always, thanks sooo so much for reading and be on the lookout for the next chapter.

xoxo, yvnglisha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 858 53
This story is currently being rewritten and i highly suggest reading that one over this one as thanks to a improved writing style, it wont be a exact...
130 12 8
"You're only a bodyguard....right?" He asked nervously as he saw her taking down three men in a matter of seconds. "I'm afraid you're wrong Kim Taehy...
270K 6.7K 67
Only matured rating due to explicit language use, but wholesome all around! :D ▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖ Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, or Y/n Y/l/n, is the newly trans...
576K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...