A Monster turned Hero (MHA X...

By macrostorn

Minato, a 14-year old boy from Aldera Middle School wishes to become a hero, alongside his friends, Katsuki a... More

1: "A New Beginning"
2: "A Fated Meeting"
3: "Going Beyond"
4: "The First Day"
5: "Rivalry, Presidency and New Friends"
6: "The Monster Unleashed"
7: "Sports Festival"
10: "The Hero Killer"
9: "Your Quirk"
11: "Ingenium's Rebirth"
12: "Final Exams"
13: "The Incredible I-Island"
14: "Party Crashers"
15: "The True Culprit"
16: "Two Heroes"
17: "A Moment of Respite"
18: "Training Camp"
19: "A Much Needed Talk"
20: "Forest Mayhem"
21: "Search and Rescue"
22: "The One Behind All"
23: "Minato Amamiya: Origin"
24: "The Painful Truth"
25: "Forgiveness and Realization"
26: "Second Chance"
27: "Confrontation and Confession"
28: "The Big Three"
29: "The Past Repeats"
30: "Preparation"
31: "Overhaul"
32: "Defeat"
33: "Rehearsal"
34: "Dreams and Reality"
35: "Hero Too"

8: "The Results of Effort"

885 23 4
By macrostorn

Minato walks back alone into the stadium, since he couldn't find Mina, and waited for the beginning of the final event, not giving much attention to the cheerleaders, when...

Present Mic:"(Surprised) Class A? Why!?"

Hearing the hero/announcer's reaction, Minato looks towards the entrance to see the girls from his class in cheerleader uniforms, blushing slightly at the sights of Momo and Mina.

Minato(Thought):"They look amazing in those."

As the girls felt bad for being fooled, Minato looked to the side, seeing Mineta and Kaminari with accomplished looks on their faces, Mineta's being mixed with one of perversion. Minato approaches the two boys, clearing his throat to get their attention. Looking behind them, the two boys immediately see their classmate, Kaminari becoming instantly terrified as Mineta keeps acting like his usual self, while Minato had an expressionless look on his face.

Kaminari:"M-minato!?"

Minato:"I assume you're the ones behind that little stunt with the girls?"

While Kaminari was too terrified to answer, Mineta stepped up, proudly.

Mineta:"That was all me, alright! No need to be envious, though. I can teach you, for a share of the view, of course."

As Mineta finishes, Minato kicks him in the gut, sending him flying until he hits the stadium wall. He then turns to Kaminari.

Minato:"Warn that moron that the next time he tries something like this again, I'll kill him."

Minato then leaves. Present Mic announces that the final event will be a series of one-on-one battles, tournament-style. Everyone gets excited after hearing that, as Midnight says that a boy from the team that got 5th place would also move on, due to one place remaining on the top 16. After the lots were drawn, Minato looked to see who would he and his friends fight.

Midoriya vs Shinso
Iida vs Hatsume
Ashido vs Amamiya
Bakugo vs Uraraka

Present Mic then announces Festival Games, that were optional for the students. Minato chose not to participate and instead went to the prep room to talk to Izuku, sitting beside him.

Minato:"Yo, Izuku!"

Izuku:"(Nervous) Minato-kun! What are you doing here?"

Minato:"Just came to see how you're doing, though it's pretty obvious you're not well."

Izuku:"That obvious, huh? I'm just trying to form a plan, but I don't know anything about..."

Minato:"Shinso? Makes sense. He's been pretty discrete, though his quirk isn't exactly noticeable to begin with."

Izuku:"(Confused) Huh? What do you mean, Minato-kun?"

Minato:"(Sigh) What I mean is that you can't answer anything he says. I never asked about his quirk, but, during the cavalry battle, I noticed that whenever someone tried to get close to us, Shinso would speak to them and they would just go away like that. A similar thing happened whenever we went to take points from another team. They would just stand there without defending themselves or trying to get them back. The only time it didn't happen was when Katsuki came for us, though that might have been because I asked him to let me take care of it. That's all I wanted to say."

Minato gets up and walks to the door, stopping in front of it.

Izuku:"Thanks for that. His quirk might be an hypnosis one. Though, with an amazing quirk like that, I'm surprised he isn't in hero course."

Minato:"Yeah. Just goes to show that even UA isn't perfect."

Minato then walks out the room and goes back to Class 1-A's stadium seats to watch the fight. He watched as Cementoss finished the arena for the fighting tournament. After it was done, Present Mic announced the first battle: Midoriya vs Shinso. As the two boys stepped into the arena, the rules were explained and battle began. Minato watched carefully as Shinso taunted Izuku, making him respond and activating his hypnosis quirk. Izuku then followed Shinso's order and started moving to the out-of-bounds zone, as Minato and the rest of the class got concerned.

Katsuki:"What are you doing, you damn Deku!"

Minato:"(Concerned) Come on, I know you can do it."

(Flashback)

Minato was in the stadium, going upstairs, to Class 1-A's seats, when he meets Shinso.

Minato:"Yo, Shinso. Shouldn't you be getting ready for the fight."

Shinso:"I don't need to. I assume you told him about my quirk."

Minato:"(Smiling) More or less. After all, you never told me about your quirk. I just decided to give him some help, and since I found you, I'll give some to you too. Wanna hear it?"

Shinso:"Why not. Won't make much difference. I'll still win."

Minato:"(Serious) Come on now, Shinso. You shouldn't be overconfident. Izuku is a strong guy. Plus, if someone can find out how your quirk works, it's him. Anyway, here's my advice. Don't rely only on your quirk. You might think your quirk will guarantee your victory, but Izuku won't lose that easily."

Shinso:"And how do you think he will beat my quirk?"

Minato:"(Smiling) I don't know, but if there's one thing I know about Izuku, is that he always finds a way. (Grinning) That's why he's one of my rivals!"

(Flashback over)

A smile appears on Minato's face as he watched a huge burst of wind hitting the arena, being followed by the sight of Izuku, no longer under hypnosis, with two of his fingers broken due to his quirk.

Minato(Thought):"(Smiling) I told you, Shinso. No matter what, he always finds a way."

The rest of the class looked at the boy with amazement, watching as Izuku pushed Shinso out of bounds.

Present Mic:"Izuku Midoriya advances to the second round!"

Minato happily watched as Shinso was praised by his classmates, as well as many of the pro heroes in the audience. Afterwards, the second battle was announced. As Izuku got a seat after being finished in the infirmary, Todoroki and Sero stepped into the arena. Midnight started the battle and Sero immediately wrapped Todoroki in his tape and started pulling him out of bounds, when Todoroki uses his right side, covering half the stadium in ice and encasing Sero's body up to his neck, taking the win.

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Todoroki melting the ice with his left side)

After clearing all the ice, the third battle started. Kaminari tries to ask Ibara on a date before releasing a massive electrical discharge on her, that was responded by Ibara shielding herself with her vines and captured him with them after he short-circuited. Meanwhile, in the seats, Izuku studies Ibara's quirk, as Uraraka observes him, expressing her admiration. The fourth battle then began, though it should probably be called a showcase, as Hatsume fooled Iida, getting him to make demonstrations of all the "babies" she built, in order to catch the attention of the support companies in the crowd. After finishing, she forfeits. Minato then walks downstairs and towards the arena for his battle. Minato and Mina stand at opposite sides of the arena, waiting for the battle to begin.

Mina:"(Grinning) Are you ready, Mi-kun? To lose, that is."

Minato:"(Smilling) Sorry, Mina-chan, but I'm not losing."

Midnight:"Ready... begin!"

As soon as the battle started, Minato zooms towards Mina, not giving her time to react. Standing in front of her, he trips Mina, making her fall backwards. As soon as she hits the ground, Minato grabs both her wrists with his left hand and kneels on top of her legs with his right one, locking them in place. Mina on the other hand, has no reaction, apart from her blushing face.

Present Mic:"What a total victory! Minato Amamiya moves on to the next round!"

With those words, Minato lets Mina go and helps her up.

Mina:"(Laughing) Guess I didn't stand a chance."

Minato:"(Pats her head) You'll get better. Don't worry."

Mina started blushing a bit harder. The two then leave the arena to let the next battle begin. Minato then goes to the prep room, finding Iida and Uraraka.

Minato:"Hey, guys."

Uraraka:"(Surprised) Amamiya-kun! Why are you here?"

Minato:"Just finished my fight. And I guessed you would be nervous about yours."

Uraraka:"(Downtrodden) Yeah. I don't think I have any chance against Bakugo-kun."

Iida:"That's not true, Uraraka-kun! You have as big a shot at winning as anyone. (Looks at Minato) Doesn't she, Amamiya-kun?"

Minato:"No."

Hearing this, Iida no longer knows what to say, while Uraraka becomes somewhat depressed. Izuku enters the room speaking of how Momo had lost to Tokoyami and that Kirishima was facing a boy from 1-B right now.

Uraraka:"(Nervous) So... I'm up soon."

Iida:"I can't imagine Bakugo would go all out against a female opponent."

Minato&Izuku:"He will."

Minato:"However, while you don't have as big a shot as anyone else.(Smiling) You do have a shot. It's not big, but it's enough for you to make it. Just remember everything you learned."

Izuku:"Yeah, that's right! I also got something. It's my way to return the favor for all the help you've given me. You'll need a countermeasure for Ka-chan. I've just finished it, but it might work."

Uraraka:"Thanks, Deku-kun. But... (Smiling) that's okay."

The three boys look at her, a bit surprised.

Uraraka:"You guys are amazing. You do amazing things all the time. During the cavalry battle, I thought the easiest strategy would be to team up with friends. But when I think about it, I was actually putting my faith on you. That's why, when Iida said he would challenge you, Deku-kun, it made me feel embarrassed about myself. (Stands up and walks to the door) That's why... thanks, but no thanks! Everyone here is fighting for their futures! Doesn't that makes us all rivals? So... (Turns around, showing a thumbs-up) I'll see you in the finals!"

After Uraraka left the room, the three boys left as well and went to their seats, to watch the incoming fight between their two friends. After getting seated, the boys watched as the match began. Uraraka immediately moved towards Katsuki, closing in on him. As Katsuki was moving to hit Uraraka with a right hook, she moves slightly to the left, seemingly preparing to grab it, when he releases a powerful blast from his hand. Katsuki is suddenly surprised, when Uraraka appears from his left, touching him and using her quirk in him and punching him in the face, before she releases him from the quirk. Meanwhile, in the stands, Izuku finds himself stunned.

Izuku:"(Nervous) What!? Why did she do that? If Uraraka-san had kept him in the air she would have won!"

Iida:"Maybe she couldn't hold it long enough?"

While the two boys were confused, their friend looked confidently at the arena, smiling, before answering.

Minato:"(Smiling) No. She did it on purpose."

Izuku&Iida:"What!? Why!?"

Minato:"Because that's her strategy."

(Flashback)

Minato was on the school grounds, preparing to start his training for the festival, accompanied by Uraraka.

Uraraka:"Could we talk now, Amamiya-kun?"

Minato:"(Smiling) Sure we can talk, so long as you're not confessing your love to me or something."

Uraraka:"(Embarrassed) What!? O-of course not!"

Minato:"(Laughing) I was kidding! I was kidding! Calm down. (Stopped laughing) What's up?"

Uraraka:"I-i want you to train me!"

Minato:"Huh? Train you?"

Uraraka:"Yes. Deku-kun said you trained him back when you were in middle school and that you helped him learn how to develop all sorts of strategies. So I want you to train me too."

Minato:"Sure..."

Uraraka got a big smile on her face until...

Minato:"... but I'll only help you with exercise and teach you how to fight."

Uraraka:"(Disappointed) But why?"

Minato:"Because your quirk is your own. Back when I helped Izuku, he didn't know he had a quirk, so I helped him develop strategies to win as a quirkless person."

Uraraka:"(Disappointed) I see..."

Minato:"(Patting her head) I can still teach you how to study your opponent though. So don't worry. We'll begin tomorrow, okay?"

The girl agreed, flashing a big smile. The next day, the pair started training, with Minato helping Uraraka train her physique, stamina and reflexes, followed by teaching her how to analyze an opponent, using their classmates as examples. Two weeks eventually passed and the festival had arrived. Uraraka was just finishing their last training session.

Minato:"We're done. The festival is tomorrow, which means we'll be opponents until the end of it."

Uraraka:"Yeah. I'm still a bit nervous about facing you guys."

Minato:"I wouldn't. It's unnecessary. The only ones you need to worry is me, Katsuki and Todoroki."

Uraraka:"What do you mean?"

Minato:"It's simple really. I know your skills better than anyone, plus I still haven't shown all of my abilities. Todoroki... well... nobody knows much about him and his quirk, not to mention it's range, and Katsuki is the most dangerous. He will hit you with everything until you're down for the count. He doesn't care how he beats you, as long as he does. However, he can also be easy to win against, with the right strategy."

Uraraka:"How so?"

Minato:"Study him and you'll see."

Minato then pats her head.

(Flashback over)

Minato kept watching as Katsuki was enraged from Uraraka's punch.

Katsuki:"I-i'm goin' to kill you, round face!"

Katsuki moves to hit Uraraka, sending a long explosion as soon as he gets close enough. Uraraka dodges, and goes to touch him. As she gets close, Katsuki shoots another explosion, from his left hand, when Uraraka dodges to the right, in a movement resembling a pirouette, being grazed by it. Closing on her opponent, she punches him again. After taking the hit, Katsuki releases another explosion, before moving back to regain his composure, while Uraraka blocked it with her arms, moving back as well.

Katsuki:"(Furious) I'm sick of this! I'm gonna kill you!"

Uraraka:"(Serious) Then go ahead and try! (Smirking) You haven't got a clean hit on me yet!"

Hearing these words, Katsuki lost it, moving towards Uraraka and sending as many explosions as he could towards her. Uraraka kept dodging and blocking them as best as she could, not even trying to close in on him, focusing on running from him and staying close to the ground. As Katsuki calmed down, Uraraka kept her distance with a small grin on her face. As Katsuki noticed it, the girl joins her hands releasing her quirk and letting fall a massive amount of debris from above. As Katsuki notices, he becomes enraged again, releasing a massive explosion that blows away all of the debris. As he looks down to face his opponent, he sees Uraraka nowhere to be found. Suddenly, the girl approaches him from behind, making him float with her quirk. As he starts floating, he gets furious again.

Katsuki:"(Furious) You think you're winning just because of this!? I'll show you how you win!"

Katsuki then starts using his explosions to move even faster, due to Uraraka's quirk, as she dodged his attacks and moved to the middle of the arena. As she reached it, she uses her quirk on herself, jumping from the arena. She found herself floating about 10 meters high, when she starts taunting Katsuki.

Uraraka:"(Serious) If you really want to beat me, then come and get me!"

Hearing these words, Katsuki loses it and uses his explosions to approach Uraraka, closing in from below her.
In Class 1-A's seats, tension was massive, while Minato had one of the biggest smiles his friends had ever seen.

Minato:"That's it! She got it!"

Izuku:"(Nervous) What are you talking about, Minato-kun!?"

Minato:"Uraraka might just have the win! She's taunting Katsuki to make him do what she wants."

Iida:"How so?"

Minato:"Back when we were training, I mentioned that Katsuki had an important weakness. I didn't tell her what it was, but she figured it out. She used his temper and played him like a fiddle."

As Katsuki got close enough to blast Uraraka close-range, she deactivates her quirk, falling on top of him, with her knees hitting his lower torso. As they fell Katsuki released multiple explosions, just small enough to not make his fall harder, to Uraraka's face, while she blocked them with her arms. As they hit the ground, Katsuki takes the blow hard, getting knocked out by it. As Midnight tries to check who won, Uraraka falls to Katsuki's side, unconscious. The battle is declared a draw and the two are taken to the infirmary. After it, their friends went to check on them. As they entered, they see Uraraka getting bullied by Katsuki.

Katsuki:"Damn you, round face! How did a moron like you beat me!"

Minato immediately approaches Katsuki and karate-chops him in the head.

Katsuki:"Argh!"

Minato:"Don't bully her."

Katsuki:"I'll kill you! And you too, Deku! Why did you give her that strategy!?"

Izuku:"I... I didn't. In fact, after seeing how you moved after getting touched, I see that it was better than the one I had."

Uraraka:"That's not true, Deku-kun! I'm sure it was as good as mine!"

Minato:"Uraraka-chan thought of that strategy all by herself. I did taught her how to study her opponents, though. Also, since Uraraka-chan passed out, it was a draw."

Uraraka:"(Smiling sadly) I see. I guess it would only be fair for Bakugo-kun to take the sp-"

Katsuki:"(Serious)No it wasn't."

Uraraka and Iida look at Katsuki surprised, while Minato and Izuku just smiled.

Katsuki:"(Serious) She got me where she wanted and beat me up. It's her win, no matter how you look at it."

Minato:"I see. (Looks at Uraraka) Now you can move forward. Congrats, Uraraka-chan."

Izuku, Iida and even Katsuki congratulate her as well.

Uraraka:"(Crying joyfully) T-thank you! Thank you for everything, Minato-kun!"

The boys:"Minato-kun?"

Uraraka:"(Smiling) Oh sorry. It's just... you're like the big brother I've always wanted."

Minato starts crying in joy, in a comedic way, and hugs Uraraka.

Minato:"(Crying comedically) Finally! After living with that moron for three years, I finally have the sibling I always wished for! (Celebrating) Ochako-chan's my little sister now!"

The rest of the group, excluding Katsuki, laughed at Minato's words, as Uraraka hugged back and patted his head. After finishing his funny bit, Minato walks back to Izuku's side.

Minato:"(Smiling) Well, you guys rest up. We're gonna prepare for our fights. (Looks at Uraraka) You rest up for your fight. Okay, Ochako-chan?"

Uraraka:"Yeah!"

With that the three boys left, focusing on the fights to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 7.8K 133
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
214K 5K 55
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
204K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
26.1K 1.9K 47
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ง๐ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐š ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐จ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ/๐ง'๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ-๐œ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ/๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๏ฟฝ...