The Missing Avatar

By yamivee

The Avatar has gone missing for 18 years, where is she now? No one knows. Asami Sato, the new girl at school... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 2

3.2K 103 91
By yamivee

"Hey get your ass up and out of bed! You're already late!" My father yelled at me for over sleeping. I quickly got up and threw on the first outfit I found. I ran downstairs finding my parents, my aunt and my uncle.

"Hey uncle Ghazan" I said stealing his toast right when he was about to bite into it

"HEY! You little brat!" He was mad which made me laugh, I loved annoying him out of everyone in the house hold.

"Are you ready for your first day back to school?" My aunt Ming-Hua asked me, I was about to answer her but my father beat me to it

"Apparently not, she's late" my father shoved my book bag into my chest "now get your ass out of here!"

"Zaheer It's too early for the yelling" my mother said rubbing the sides of her head

"If you're gonna miss me just say that" I laughed at my father and then gave my mother a kiss on the cheek telling her bye. I ran out the house heading to school and I was very very late...Oops.

"Name please" my new English teacher asked of me. I bet I was the only one absent on her list

"Korra Sasaki"

"Finally nice of you to join us, go ahead and take a seat" she gestured to the chairs.

I walked all the way to the back as always. Class is going by so slow, so in the meantime I'll tell you my story.

My father said I was originally from the South Watertribe, he said that him and his friends went out hunting one night and found me hidden in a snow bank with a wolf pup who's the only friend I have now, he took me to the nearest village and asked around about me until a woman told him my birth parents were dead, so he kept me under his protection. As I grew up my father's love for my mother grew then they got married, his bond with his friends also grew, they never left his side nor mine, they became a aunt and uncle figure to me. For safety purposes I wasn't allowed to bend outside the house or make friends which I got use to, and I always kept to myself. I listened of course, my father always knew best, but at the same time it hurt not having many people to talk to, I didn't ask to be so different.

Class ended so I went to my second one, I was still tired so I decided to have a nice warm nap on the desk.

I felt something shaking my shoulder "Korra please stay awake during class" My teacher, Varrick, told me. I had Varrick last year so he already knows what type of student I was.

"Yessir" I sounded half asleep. I saw in the corner of my eye that Sato chick staring at me. She's some new girl who's most likely going to want to talk to me. It's the same shit over and over, someone new comes they want to be friends I act rude and leave.

I was asleep the rest of the class until lunch period, I hated the school food so I would ditch to have lunch somewhere else or stay in the library reading.

I sat in a table for 4 and read my book. I liked the library since everyone was forced to make the room silent.

"Hey I'm Asami" I heard a voice say, I put my book down and looked to where the voice came from, it was that new Sato chick

And just like I said she tried being all nice and I shut it down. I left the library getting the last word as always. I went to my next class which was P.E, and I heard this week was dodge ball. And spirits I love dodge ball.

I walked into the gym finding Coach Bumi, he was the only person I'd talked to aside from Pema, he reminded me of my uncle only more hyper and energetic.

"Korra! It's good to see you again" he put me in a headlock shaking my hair around, I tried to push off him as he gripped tighter.

"Yea you too uncle B" I said breathless making him laugh. I've known coach Bumi since freshman year, he's the first person I ever actually enjoyed their company "I heard we're doing dodge ball" I said with my evil grin

"You know it! I thought it would be good to let the kids loosen up a bit, that and I know how much you love destroying kid's hopes and dreams" he chuckled smacking my back playfully

"You shouldn't have, you're too kind" I joked with a bow making him laugh.

Kids started coming friend group by friend group, I was always the first one here when it came to P.E, just to have some time with Bumi before people realize I can be a social person.

Certain friend group caught my eye, it was a group of 5 boys and 4 girls, one of them just so happens to be miss perfect, the Sato chick. The other girls were Jinora, Opal and Kuvira who kinda is my rival along with Iroh who also was in this friend group, there was also the Tanaka brother's and the tall Tanaka's boyfriend, Wu I think it was and then there was Kai. I hope I am on the opposite team.

Students came back from the locker rooms changed and ready for class, "Alright It's dodge ball week" Bumi announced having the students cheers "team captains will be Kuvira and Korra my favorite rivals" he flipped a coin to decide who gets first pick. "Heads, Kuvira you get first pick"

"Iroh II" of course she'll choose muscle but I think differently, I'm a strategist and this game is like a game of chess,

"Kai" I called for the smaller kid compared to Iroh

"Picking the weak ones so you have someone to blame when you lose how smart" Kuvira smirked, I don't know why she's talking I never lost a game of dodge ball against her "Mako" another guy with strength

"If you want to lose you can just say that" I shrugged "Tahno" I picked someone tall with barley any muscle

"Bolin" Another guy with muscle

"Jinora"

We continued on and on she basically got the strength on her side, but I have the stamina on mine. It was down to two Wu and Sato. It was my pick, I don't know how well the new girl was at dodgeball but she seemed reliable but Wu I know how he plays, he's fast and a great decoy, he can't throw a ball for shit though, but that's how I work, if I have enough decoys my attackers can do the work.

"Korra? It's your turn" Bumi spoke up as he seen me thinking, should I take the risk and pick Sato hoping she can be a attacker or Wu another decoy, I can't decide.

"You can pick, I'll take the last one" I told Kuvira and walked towards my side of the gym with my group. I couldn't hear who Kuvira picked but i her get ready with her team, I turned around and I wasn't surprised as Wu made his way to me.

Like I said this is a game of chess, I had my decoys who had enough stamina like Wu or who can dodge like Jinora, in the front, defenders who can catch like Tahno, in the center and the attackers who have enough strength and accuracy to throw the ball like Kai, in the back. Not to brag but I'm a mix of everything, but I don't play, I come up with the plan and watch until they need me.

The coach blew the whistle to begin, my decoys were out one by one but my defenders and attackers made up for it. Every ball my defender caught the person who threw it were out. Kuvira's numbers were going down. I watched my opponent to see how they play, I always studied the opponent to make the right attack. I mostly watched the new girl, I needed to know her playing style for future reference. She was lost at times but I think she got the hang of it, she would catch every ball my attackers threw, her throwing was weak and easy to catch but her aim wasn't half bad, her dodging was perfection, I give her that, she'll make a great defender in my team, so let's end this game to win the next one.

"You're out....Out...You're out of here" Bumi said every time someone was out "Tahno you're out" shit he was my last defender.

I still haven't moved from my spot, no one bother to hit me and I didn't think it was my time yet. I only had Kai an attacker, Jinora and Wu the decoys. The opposite team only had Kuvira, Mako, Opal, Bolin, Iroh and Asami, I'm surprised Sato lasted this long.

"Wu you're out" he was hit by his own boyfriend

"Mako!" Wu sounded hurt and all Mako did was jokingly blew a kiss. I rolled my eyes

"Korra we could use you right about now!" Kai demanded trying to dodge the balls, he tripped on himself hitting the ground, Iroh threw a ball as Kai sat up, he shut his eyes. Everyone gasped as I stopped the ball catching it, my hand stood between the ball and Kai's face

"You're out Iroh" Bumi called

Kai got Mako and Bolin out and Jinora got Opal out, Kuvira took out Jinora and Kai, it was me vs Kuvira...oh and Sato.

"We have you cornered!" Kuvira shouted and threw her ball at me, it was too fast to catch so I dodged. The whole time I dodged until they ran out of balls.

"My turn" I only had 2 minutes to get rid of them. Asami could catch a ball but she's tall, so I have to aim for her lower half, Kuvira had strength but not like mine, she was also injured once, she use to be a dancer and broke her leg, I can tell she's still recovering, I aimed for her side making her put more pressure on her bad leg to dodge it, with on a 2.2 second difference i aimed a second ball at her bad leg. She fell.

"Kuvira's out" Bumi announced

"And so we come face to face again" Asami spoke as she pointed a red ball at me, something tells me this is going to be fun.

"Don't think I'll go easy on you because you're new" I smirked as I cracked my knuckles

Every ball I threw she managed to dodge, she would throw 2 at a time making it hard for me to catch one, I looked at the time, 30 seconds left, in record time I took a ball throwing it to her upper body then another ball at her lower half then another to her right and another to her left, there was no escape.

"Check mate" I panted as she was hit

"Looks like another victory for Korra" the coach gestured to me as I was dying for air, I never moved so fast in my life, it was amazing. "Alright off to the locker rooms, get dressed"

I was the last one to go into the locker room, all the girls were out, I liked to have the locker room to myself when changing, I always felt uncomfortable when girls changed around me. I walk in to hear small chatters, I listened of course.

"You think Korra's a airbender?"

"Well yeah, I mean did you see the way she avoided your attacks, she moved like how Jinora does when she's training"

"I thought she would be a Waterbender, you know tan skin, blue eyes"

"Maybe her genes?"

"True"

"Who knows, only she does"

Great first day of school and people already have their theories about me. It'll never end.

I went to my last class finding the new girl in the front row with Opal and her boyfriend. I went to the back of the class as always.

"Hello class, I'm ms. Beifong your math teacher"

I had ms. Beifong my sophomore year but she started teaching the seniors my junior year, she loved to annoy me, it seems like she's nice but in reality it can get annoying.

"Looks like this table only has 3 people... Korra would you be so kind and fill in this spot?" Ms.Beifong pulled the empty seat for me to sit in "you know how I love even numbers, besides it'll be easier for partner work" she smiled. I had no choice, I hated sitting in the front but if it'll shut Beifong up.

I slowly made my way to my 'group' I didn't see who yet until I sat down, I sat next to Bolin and right in front of me was his girlfriend, I bet you can guess who sat next to Opal.

What a long day.

—————
A/N:
Sorry for any errors-Yami out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 590 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
511K 13.4K 38
Asami Sato, Bolin, and Mako are three friends, wishing for someone different to come along. When they meet and befriend the new student at school, so...
27.3K 731 19
When Korra Waters moves to a new high school she is forced to hide her secret that no high school teenager should go through. When Asami Sato and he...
58.8K 1.8K 22
Asami Sato- Smart, popular, gorgeous, and apperanatly, Korra's new target. Korra, known among her friends as "the avatar", was winning an on going be...