The Dragon Princess

By HeavensAngels_

Jack and Hiccup go on a far away island for their last summer vacation together. On this island stands a ca... More

The Legend
Graduation
Welcome to Winged Island
Rewriting!!
First Day Complaints
Town Meeting
The Big Four: Against All Odds
Dinner With The Queen
Sleeping Princess
Dragon Training
Wakening Kiss
Listening In
Announcement
New Book!!! (And Help!!)
Royal Ball
A Walk Around the Village
A Glimpse Into The Past
A Date With The Queen
Flood of Memories
Change Is In The Air
Author's Question
Unknown Growing Feelings
Trust and Comfort
Crafting Protection
Change Of Heart
Fresh Changes
Truth Behind Actions
A Gift With Feelings
Romantic Flight
Proper Goodbye
Worried Feeling
Protection and Worry
Moving In With Him
Romantic Night
Confessions
Now or Never
Unexpected Surprise
He's Here?!
Hiccup Meets Hiccup
Accepting the Reason
Major Changes
Getting to Know Each Other
A Talk With The Queen
It's Your Birthday
Celebration Set-Up
Birthday Celebrations
Making Decisions
Prepping for a Surprise
Telling Him
New Possibilities
Needs to be Done
Thinking Emotions

Reassurance and Curiosity

201 11 4
By HeavensAngels_

Astrid's P.O.V.

"I mean... I think you should go with him."

I stare at my sister in complete shock after hearing her words. Does she really want me to go with him? As in, leave the island? But what about her? If I leave, what will she be doing? She'll be all alone if I leave with Hiccup. I can't let her stay by herself, can I? I would be a terrible sister if I left her alone here while I followed the man I'm in love with. Besides, she's had to watch me sleep for 200-years and pray that one day I would wake up! Now that I'm awake, she's telling me to leave with Hiccup instead of staying with her?

Though, through it all, I can possibly see why she's doing this. The last time my lover left me, I was a complete mess. Nothing seemed to help my mood as I waited for him to return. At that turn, I never knew how long it would be, and the same applies here. I don't know how long Hiccup will be gone and I don't even know when or if he'll be able to visit. He said he would try but he sadly couldn't make any promises. I could visit him, but I don't know his modern world like my own. He's told me a little about it but not enough where I can wander around there on my own. If I traveled to his world, I would need him with me. I don't know his world and I know very few people from that area. 

Though thanks to Elsa, I may have the opportunity to go with Hiccup and see his world. The world that I'm supposed to be a part of. But then again, my life has always been here, on this island, with my sister! What am I supposed to do?

"You... you want me to go with him?" I say, still shocked my sister brought up the option.

She nods and takes ahold of my hands. With a slight squeeze, she gives me a soft smile. "Of course I do. You are my sister and I want you to be happy. I know you'll be happy if you're with him."

"But.. what about you? I can't just leave you behind. You've waited for 200-years for me! You've only had the chance to see me awake for two months!" I explain.

"I know," She speaks softly, "And I will have so much more time to see you awake, even if you are with Hiccup. Besides, I know Hiccup will be able to protect you in case any danger comes."

"But Elsa..."

"Astrid... there is no need to worry about me. I'll be fine here by myself for a little bit. I'll have Gobber with me and possibly Jack as well. I promise that I will come and visit you, there is no question about that." She explains. "I know you want to go with him. I can see it written all over your face. And I know the moment he is gone, so will everything that makes you, you."

I stay quiet as I allow all of her words to wander into my mind. I start to think of how true she is when it comes to her words. She is right, I do want to go with him, but my heart is torn. Not only do I wish to go with him but I also wish to remain here with my sister. Though remaining here probably wouldn't do either of us any good. I'll be a mess, which is true, and she'll be trying to not only take care of me but also the town. I guess the only option at this point is to make sure she's actually alright with this. I mean, she is basically allowing her only sister to leave the place she calls home to be with a man.

After a couple of moments of silence, I look up at her. "Are you absolutely sure about this?" I ask, wishing to confirm all that we just discussed.

She smiles and nods as she squeezes my hands. "I'm absolutely sure about this. I want you to go with him. You don't need to wait for love anymore Astrid. I think you've waited long enough."

~~Later~~

After spending a few hours with my sister, and double and triple-checking that she was alright with me going with Hiccup, we decided to part ways until dinner. She had invited both Hiccup and me to dinner tonight and I couldn't possibly say no to my sister. Besides, I believe I should try to spend as much time with her as I possibly can before I end up leaving.

Now that it is basically confirmed that I'll be leaving with Hiccup when he returns home, I need to find a way to tell him. At the moment, he believes I'll be remaining here with my sister and that we'll continue communicating through letters. But now, we'll be able to communicate every day and be in each other's presence. I can't help but smile knowing I'll be able to see him every day and constantly be there to support him.

Also, since it seems I'll be traveling to Hiccup's home, I get to meet his family. His brother and two sisters, along with his parents. I'll be able to see where he comes from and how he grew up to be the man he is today. I never got to meet the old Hiccup's parents because he said they lived on a different island and didn't enjoy traveling. I never even got to see photos of his parents at all. He hardly spoke about them around me, as if he didn't want them to meet me.

As I think, my eyes start to widen in horror. What if Hiccup doesn't want me to meet his parents? What if his parents don't like me? What if his family doesn't like me? Then what? What are we going to do then if none of his family members like me? Would he leave me then? Would he break my heart and send me back here, away from him?

No, he would never do that. Why am I even thinking like this? We just had a wonderful time hanging out last night and this morning. Besides, I'm Princess Astrid Freya Hofferson! I'm known to be brave and bold, yet here I am acting like a lovesick puppy! This behavior isn't like me at all, but yet I wish to be with Hiccup. I don't want to lose him at all. I lost the man I loved once before, so I'm not going to lose him again. Not this time. 

Hiccup's P.O.V. 

It's been a busy day at the forge today. Many requested sharpening of weapons and fixing of tools. Some heard that I can make custom jewelry, so there's been plenty of requests for those as well. I've made two necklaces, a bracelet, and a set of rings so far today. Tomorrow I need to make two more pairs of rings, three bracelets, an ax with a dragon engraved on the handle, and a sword worthy of a knight. The sword isn't really for a knight, but the person who requested it seems very full of himself. 

Currently, I am finishing up sharpening an ax meant for cutting wood. I press the peddle on the sharpening wheel and slowly glide the edge of the ax across it, allowing the edge to sharpen. I repeat this process again and again until the edge of the ax is sharp enough to make a clean cut through a piece of paper. When I'm done, I gently run my finger along the edge to make feel the sharpness of the blade. 

I smile proudly when I feel that the blade is sharp enough for the future tasks required and place it with the other finished items of the day. I label it with the customer's name before crossing it off of the "to-do" list of the day. I stretch my arms when I'm done before grabbing a broom and work on cleaning up the shop for the day. 

As I clean up the shop, I hear soft footsteps walk into the room. I glance up to see Astrid walking in. I smile at the sight of her and pause on my sweeping. 

Leaning on the broom, I speak up, "Hello, madam. I'm sorry to say but we're closed for the remainder of the day. Was there something I could help you with?" 

Astrid turns her attention to me and smiles slightly. "I was just wondering if you could make me some jewelry for my collection. I've heard that you're pretty good at it." 

"Oh, have you now?" I grin slightly. "May I ask where you heard that?" 

She slowly walks over and holds her hands in front of her. "Well, some friends of mine saw the necklace you made for the princess. They even asked her where she got it. She said you made it and that she loves the piece very much." She stops just inches away from me with a smile on her face. 

"Is that so? The princess said she loved the necklace?" I ask, teasingly. 

She nods. "She loves it very much." 

"Well, I'm happy to hear that." I smile, staring into her beautiful blue eyes. "I put a lot of work into making it for her." 

She smiles and tilts her head slightly, "Really?" 

I nod with a smile. "Yes, really. I wanted it to be perfect and beautiful, just like her." 

I chuckle slightly as I watch her cheeks redden at my comment before leaning in and giving her a tender kiss upon her lips. I linger there for a few long moments before pulling away. One glance at her beautiful face lets me know I wasn't the only one that enjoyed the kiss. 

She looks at me for a moment before looking down and giggling slightly. When she looks back up, she wears a smile on her face. "How are you?" She asks. 

I smile. "Fantastic now that you're here. How about you?" 

"Oh, you know, just dandy." She replies, giggling. 

I chuckle in response as I put the broom away. "So, what did you do while I was working all day?" 

"Well, I walked around town. Ran into my sister and talked with her a bit. She invited us to dinner tonight by the way." She explains. 

"Alright! Then we'll need to head back to the house so I can get cleaned up before heading over there." I smile and wrap an arm around her waist. 

She nods, "Oh, I agree. You're covered in soot." 

"It's hard not to be when I work in a forge all day!" I laugh as we walk out of the building. 

As we laugh and talk, we start walking toward our house. Along the way, we pass many vendors who all greet Astrid with a hello and stop us for a small chat. The flower vendor gave us a bouquet of flowers, free of charge. I tried to give her some money for them but she kept insisting that they were a gift. She wasn't the only one to do that either. Many of the other vendors that stopped us did similar things. They offered one of their products and refused to take money in exchange. For some, I just left it on their chart without them realizing it. 

By the time we reached our place, our arms were full of gifts. I know we've walked through town before together but I don't ever remember receiving this many gifts. I'm curious to know what made them want to give us gifts. Is there something I'm not aware of? I mean there must be if everyone is giving Astrid gifts. 

She's been awake for about two months now, so it surely can't have anything to do with that. From what I've heard, there hasn't been a festival planned for this week. Astrid seems to have been in a good mood today so I don't think any kind of death anniversary is near. From everyone's expression, they all seemed happy and excited, but what for? 

As I open the door and let Astrid walk in first, the realization hits me. Her birthday. Her birthday must either be today or right around the corner. Even though I've been with her a lot for the past few months, I never once asked her when her birthday was. Now I feel like a terrible boyfriend for not even knowing her birthday. I guess I can't completely blame myself. Oh, wait, yes I can! I could've asked!! Oh, Thor, I'm an idiot. 

Now with the thought that her birthday may be around the corner, I'll have to talk with Elsa to actually make sure it's her birthday. Otherwise, I'll just seem very stupid. If it is her birthday, she'll want to spend it with her sister. But I still need to do something special for her as well. I mean that's what a boyfriend does. I did that with Merida when I dated her, but Astrid is different then Merida. I need to do something extremely special for her. 

"Are you okay?" 

I snap out of my thoughts and look over at Astrid who stares at me with a worried expression on her face. I smile slightly and nod before stepping into the house and shutting the door behind me. 

"I am, I was just thinking," I respond. 

"What were you thinking about?" She asks curiously. 

I smile as I walk over to the table and place the gifts down. "About how generous the town was today. Almost everyone gave you a gift. They must realize how special you are." 

"I am not that special." She giggles lightly. 

I walk over to her and slowly lift her chin so she's staring into my eyes. "To me, you're very special." I lean down and gently place a kiss upon her lips. 

I pull away slowly after a couple of minutes to see a smile on her face. "Of course you do." She leans in and gives me another kiss before continuing. "Now go get cleaned up. We need to leave for dinner soon." 

"Yes ma'am!" I playfully give a slight bow before heading upstairs towards the restroom. 

I hear a giggle escape her lips as I trot up the steps. With a quick glance behind me, I watch as she turns towards the collection of gifts on the table. I smile before turning my attention forward again and proceeding toward my task at hand. Bathing 

While taking a shower and cleaning all of the dirt and soot from my hands and hair, I think about the possibility of it being Astrid's birthday. If her birthday is coming up, I need to make sure to give her the best birthday yet. I'll be able to get a confirmation from her sister tonight, but I want to make sure I don't seem like a terrible boyfriend by not doing anything for her. 

Not only will I have to give her an amazing birthday, but I will also need to get her a wonderful gift. Now, that's not a difficult task at all. I mean I've made her some pieces to show her how much I care for her, but at the moment, I can't think of anything else to make her. Do I make her another piece of jewelry or do I do something else? Whatever it is I decide to do, I have to come up with it soon. If I'm correct, her birthday is close and I don't have much time to think and plan. 

Let's just hope I don't mess it up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! 

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter today! I wasn't fully sure what I was going to do with it so I just wrote until certain ideas came to mind! I also tried to get some Hiccstrid moments in there because I know we all love those! I mean what's a Hiccstrid story without Hiccstrid moments, right? 

Now if you have any future ideas about what to do with this story, please let me know! I would love to hear the ideas that float through your mind! Even if I don't end up using your idea, know that it helped guide me to the idea I eventually come up with! If you do have ideas, please either PM me or place them in the comments!

Now, time for some questions!!

1) How do you think Astrid should tell Hiccup she'll be able to go with him? 

2) Do you think it's Astrid's birthday? If so, how far away do you think it is? 

3) If it is Astrid's birthday, what do you think Hiccup should do?

4) What would you like to see happen next? 

5) Any special interactions you would like to see between either Jelsa or Hiccstrid? 

6) Was the chapter good or bad? 

I don't have much left to say except thank you all for continuing to support me while I struggle to update my stories! I'm sure many of you are aware of the toll school can put on one's mind and body and how exhausting it can be! Since I am also a Theatre major, I am also in rehearsals for Cinderella

I hope you all have a fantastic day and know you are all amazing! 

I love you all and thank you!

~~HeavensAngels_😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 642 9
After asking Astrid for a sleepover, the young couple sleeps together in the same bed for the first time. It quickly becomes a habit for Astrid and H...
77.3K 1.4K 55
Modern Hiccstrid love story! Regular updates!!! Requests are welcome x Hope you enjoy :)
704K 16.2K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
460K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...