Say It Again

By tristak73

Emily Prentiss joins the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI and forms a quick friendship with its media liai... More

Chapter 1: New Girl
Chapter 2: The Office
Chapter 3: Roots
Chapter 4: 48 Hours
Chapter 5: The Undoing
Chapter 6: Girls
Chapter 7: Pretty Little Liars
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Drunk History
Chapter 10: The Next Step
Chapter 11: Mindhunter
Chapter 12: First Dates
Chapter 13: Scandal
Chapter 14: Figure It Out
Chapter 15: The Big Bang Theory
Chapter 16: The End of the F***ing World
Chapter 17: Jeopardy
Chapter 18: Atypical
Chapter 19: Once Upon A Time
Chapter 21: Love Island
Chapter 22: Sex and the City
Chapter 23: I Am Not Okay With This
Chapter 24: Facts of Life
Chapter 25: Full House

Chapter 20: Waiting

471 15 2
By tristak73

"You're a coward," I snarl at the unsub, not even trying to keep the disgust and contempt from my voice. Anyone that hurts children is scum in my book. I take a step toward him, my anger coursing through me. I see a strange look in Anthony Keller's eyes a fraction of a second before Emily barrels into me.

I hear a gunshot as I fall to the ground, just behind the brunette. Another shot rings out, and I look up to see that Morgan has just shot Keller. My ears are ringing from the noise, and I turn to Emily. She probably just saved my life, so I at least owe her a thank you, no matter what's been going on in our lives outside of work.

She looks dazed, and I scan her body involuntarily. No. No. NO. Red is seeping through the white shirt she'd been wearing. She's wearing a vest, how is she bleeding?

I crawl over to her and nearly collapse. She moves her hand from where it had been resting across her stomach, and I see confusion cloud her eyes as she notices the blood.

"Emily!" I lean over her, and I can't even begin to describe what's running through my mind. The blood is darkest just below her vest. It must have shifted when she pushed me out of the way and exposed her stomach a little.

Fuck this looks bad. Why have I been acting so shitty towards her lately? What if she dies right now thinking that I hate her or something? I...I love her.

Emily's eyes meet mine for a moment. I open my mouth to tell her I love her, but she slumps to the floor, lifeless.

"No, Emily! Em. Em, hey, wake up," I whisper as I brush her dark hair from her face. I hear Hotch call for an ambulance somewhere in the background, but all I can focus on is the woman in front of me.

I notice water dripping onto her, and I barely register that I must be crying. I need her to look at me. I need her to open those beautiful brown eyes.

I hold her hand, and beg her to wake up over and over again. "Please, Em. You can call me Jennifer for the rest of our lives if you just look at me."

I hear someone speaking in my ear, but I have no idea what they're saying. A hand lands on my shoulder gently, and I shrug it off immediately. Maybe if I can stop the blood, everything will be fine. Yeah, that'll fix it!

I go to move the vest up more when strong arms wrap around me and pull me away. I kick and my throat hurts from what I assume is me screaming. I thrash and finally make contact with flesh.

I hear a grunt, but I don't stop fighting. "JJ. JJ, stop! You gotta let the paramedics get to her. Come on, baby, stop fighting me," Derek Morgan speaks softly into my ear, and I finally snap back to reality.

He holds me tighter as I collapse against his chest, sobs wracking my body.

I don't fight anymore; I just look at the love of my life lying on the ground, broken and still.

I pray silently that if she can just wake up, I will tell her how I feel. And I'll love her as long as she wants me. God, please.

Morgan pulls me into his chest as they carry Emily out of the room. Hotch follows after them to ride in the ambulance. I don't even try to fight him on that; I'm an absolute mess right now.

"Hey, JJ, let's get you cleaned up really quick. We can meet Hotch at the hospital. You're gonna be okay. Everything is going to be okay," Morgan gives me one more tight squeeze before releasing me. His hand finds mine as he leads me from the house and into the waiting car.

...

Once we get to the hospital, all we can do is wait. I can't be still. I pace. I tap my feet. I drum my fingers on the cold armrest of my chair. Then I repeat all three.

I'm in the middle of my pacing when the doctor enters. I rush toward him immediately, and he frowns, running a hand through graying brown hair.

"What is it? How is she?" I ask immediately.

"She's stable for the moment, but she lost a lot of blood. And unfortunately, we don't have enough blood to give her, since her blood type is so rare," the doctor seems sad, and I feel like that does not bode well for the woman I love.

"What's her blood type?" Reid asks, walking over to stand next to me.

"AB negative."

"I have AB negative blood," I answer immediately, already rolling up my sleeve. "I'll give whatever you need. Just, please, don't let her die."

"Are you sure?" the question isn't even all the way out of his mouth before I nod.

"Come with me, then," the doctor turns, holding the door open for me as I follow.

I ignore the slight sting as the needle enters my body. I'd go through this a million times if it meant Emily would be okay. I'd give her every drop of blood in my body if that's what she needed.

The nurse smiles at me as we fill up a couple bags with my blood, and I suddenly realize how much I really need Penelope Garcia to be here. If anyone can help me calm down and stay positive, it's her.

...

Two hours later, I'm back in the waiting room when the door opens again. I'm hoping for the doctor, but I get the next best thing: Penelope in her bright pink dress running toward me with her arms wide open.

"Aw, JJ, it's going to be okay," she says softly, enveloping me in a hug. I relax slightly and feel tears forming in my eyes again. I'm so thankful for this amazing friend. I'm so thankful for all of my amazing friends on this team.

Penelope sits next to me, and she doesn't let go of my hand once in the two hours we sit in silence.

When the door finally opens and the doctor walks in, I sit up expectantly. My heart beats faster as hope fills my chest.

I freeze when I see his face. I almost die when I hear his words. "I'm so very sorry. We did what we could."

My life ends with those nine words. I can't breathe. I don't want to breathe. I shouldn't breathe when she can't.

I can no longer contain the sobs, and I fall to my knees, tears streaming down my face.

"JJ!" Garcia says loudly. "Hey, JJ, what's wrong? Hey!"

What's wrong? How is she still standing? Why is no one else losing their fucking minds like I am?

"JJ, come on, wake up!" my eyes fly open, and I'm staring into Penelope's soft brown eyes. "There you are. Hey."

I touch my face, and my fingers come away wet. "Emily," I whimper softly. That's the only thing that comes out of my mouth.

"We haven't heard anything yet, JJ. The doctor still hasn't come in," Reid reassures me, sinking into the chair on the other side of me.

"What are you talking about? He just said she didn't make it!" My voice grows louder with each word, and I can feel myself begin to hyperventilate again.

"JJ, take it easy, baby. You were having a nightmare," Morgan walks over and bends down in front of me. "Put your head between your knees and breathe. You're having a panic attack."

"Wait, I was dreaming?" I ask after a moment, my breathing mostly under control now. "Emily isn't dead?"

"No, Agent Prentiss is very much alive," the doctor is standing in the doorway, a relieved look coloring his features. Everyone looks up, startled at his presence. I don't think any of us even heard him come inside.

"When can I see her?" I'm on my feet in a second, walking quickly toward the doctor.

"She just came out of surgery. She won't be awake for a while, but you can feel free to go see her in about an hour, okay? I don't think she would've made it without the blood transfusion. You saved her life," he smiles kindly at me again.

"You've got that backwards, doc," I say, smiling back. "Emily is the one who saved mine."

The doctor smiles at each of us before walking back out of the room. Penelope puts her arm around me as she comes to stand at my side. "I told you it would be okay."

"Yeah, you did. Thank you for always being here, Garcia." I hug her with a smile before I sit back down in my chair. I'm definitely going to be the first one in Emily's room when we're allowed to go in.

...

An hour later, I sit in the chair next to Emily's bed. There's no one in here but us, and I'm too afraid to tell her everything when she's awake. Good thing she's asleep right now. I take her hand and rub my thumb across the back of it.

"Hey, Em. I don't even know how to thank you for saving my life. And I mean that in more ways than one. Obviously, you jumped in front of a bullet for me, but you also taught me that I'm actually allowed to be myself." I pause for a moment and bite my lip. "You are one of the bravest, strongest, and most amazing people I've ever met. I can't believe I got to be your girl. Even more than that, I can't believe I fucked it up. Really, I'd love another chance to be with you. I promise I won't be ashamed or embarrassed or anything." I feel a tear slide down my cheek, and I take a deep breath. "I want to be with you. I love you, Emily. You're my forever."

"Say it again," a shaky voice says softly, startling me.

"Emily, how are you feeling? You're awake! Fuck, what did you hear?" I ask, freaking out while simultaneously being more relieved than I have ever been before.

"Jennifer, please say it again," her brown eyes open, and I see nothing but forgiveness, hope, and love in them.

"You're my forever," I whisper before pressing my lips gently to hers over and over. 

Author's Note: I cannot thank you all enough for the support you've given me so far! I hope you have an amazing day! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 28 15
๐™ธ๐šœ ๐š’๐š ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ? ๐™ป๐šž๐šœ๐š? ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š’๐š›๐šŽ? ๐™พ๐š› ๐š’๐šœ ๐š’๐š ๐š“๐šž๐šœ๐š ๐šŠ ๐šœ๐š๐šž๐š™๐š’๐š ๐šŒ๐š›๐šž๐šœ๐š‘? ๐š†๐š‘๐š˜ ๐š”๐š—๐š˜๐š ๐šœ? ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ, ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข ๐š‹๐š˜๐š๐š‘ ๏ฟฝ...
31.8K 510 24
jj and emily have always been best friends, nothing more but then a case like no other hits and they turn to each other for support. Emily, the close...
52K 1.1K 60
Emily Prentiss is the running to become Mayor and Jennifer Jareau is the communications liaison for the FBI. When their paths cross during a murder i...
7.6K 92 15
Emily Prentiss joins the bau, and immediately takes notice of a certain blonde woman. The secret that Emilys hiding from the team could either bring...