Nerd Gone Bad (Complete)

By MelanatedWriter

Brooklyn Banks is a nerd. Ever since she was in middle school and junior high, she's been mocked and teased a... More

Nerd Gone Bad Prologue
Chapter One: Remy, Meet Nerd
Chapter Two: The War Begins
Chapter Three: Breaking Point
Chapter Five: Embarrased
Chapter Six: Friends?
Chapter Seven: Can You Trust Him?
Chapter Eight: Deja Vu
Chapter Nine: Trust
Chapter Ten: Closure
Chapter Eleven: Nerd's Got Skill
Teaser Chapter Twelve: Happy Ever After?
Chapter Twelve: Ice Cream Again?
Chapter Thirteen: The Movies
Chapter Fourteen: Big Game
Chapter Fifteen: Unexpected Tears
Chapter Sixteen: Realization
Chapter Seventeen: Staying Strong
Chapter Eighteen: Unsuspecting Visitors...
Chapter Nineteen: It's Over
Chapter Twenty: What Would I Do Without Him?
Chapter Twenty-One: Over It?
Chapter Twenty-Two: First-Timer
Chapter Twenty-Three Part 1: The Amusement Park
Chapter Twenty-Three part two
Chapter Twenty-Four: I'm Not Faking It...Am I?
Chapter Twenty-Five: Shopping...
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight: A Night To Remember
Twenty-Nine: It's Time We Talked
Chapter Thirty: News!
Chapter Thirty-One: Sharing the News
Chapter Thirty-Two: Good-Bye-
Nerd Gone Bad Epilogue
SEQUEL!

Chapter Four: Revealed

228K 4.6K 1.5K
By MelanatedWriter

Chapter Four: Revealed

-----------

Brooklyn's POV

I'm not going back out there. Not with those rumours of me going around and those disgusting pictures of me spreading on the internet. Nuh uh. Plugging my iPod into my dock, I put the on Teach Me How To Dougie by Cali Swag District and cranked up the music. It's much safer and no annoying; beef jerky, hairy monkeys can get in.

Bringing up Remy just had me imagining more things having to do with the pictures so I blasted up the music and dougied like I've never dougied before. I was safe here; just me and my radio.

-----------------------

Remy's POV

I remembered exactly where Brooklyn lived, from years of pranks, so it took me no time at all to reach her house. Stepping up to the front door, I gulped and rang the bell. No one answered. Repeatedly, I hit the bell, but nothing could be heard.

Also remembering where her room was, I trudged to the side of her house and looked up at her window. I could see a faint image moving around and could hear music blasting through the walls. Climbing over her fence to reach her backyard, I walked over to a tree directly beneath her window.

Gripping onto the first branch, I slowly made my way through twigs, leaves, and insects, and managed to work my way to a thick branch which was protruding out towards her window. Cautiously, I walked across it not daring to look down. When I had finally reached her window, I let out a long breath that I hadn't known I'd been holding in.

Slowly, I lifted up her window and climbed in to see Brooklyn dancing to Teach Me How to Dougie. I stood by the window in shock. Who knew she could dance? Shaking my head, I remembered why I was here.

"Brooklyn."

She just kept on dancing.

"Brooklyn!"

Still no reply. Walking over to her dock, I unplugged her iPod. She must've been really into the music because she was still moving her body around as if the music had never stopped. Sighing, I walked over to her and shook her shoulders, "Brooklyn!"

She snapped out of her trance and looked at me with a blank stare. Recognizing who I was, her expression turned grim and she glared at me.

"What the hell! How did you get into my room?"

"I...I climbed up the tree."

"That just proves that you're a monkey. Well anyway, you're going to have to climb back down because I'm kicking you out!"

"W-wait. Can you at least let me tell you why I'm here?"

"You don't need to tell me why you're here. I know exactly why you're here. You're here to gloat some more about those sicko pictures you posted on the Internet. Well congratulations. Now get the hell out of my house. Oh, but before you leave, I wanna ask you one thing. How did you do it? You were never much of a genius in technology. Did you get some nerd that you had bullied to hook it up for ya?"

"Brooklyn can you shutup for once in your life and listen?"

That seemed to shut her up. Clearing my throat I continued talking. "Ok. I know you think it was me who put those pics of you up on the internet, but it wasn't me."

She snorted, "So if it wasn't you, who did it Casanova?"

"Drake."

She gave me the most dumbfound look I've ever seen. Then, she burst out laughing. It wasn't long until she was rolling on the floor in laughter with tears rolling down her cheeks. Clutching her stomach and muffling a few chuckles, she stood up wiping away stray tears.

"Monkey, you're pretty funny. Now get the hell out of my house."

"But--..."

"I said 'get the hell out'.'

With that, I reluctantly turned around and climbed back down the tree. Facing away from her house I turned around and stalked off with the sound of Teach Me How to Dougie echoing through my brain. If she didn't want to believe the truth, I guess I'll have to make her believe it.

----------------------

Remy's POV

I woke up the next morning really early and quickly showered and got changed. I headed downstairs to the kitchen to see my mom standing there with a major case of bedhead. She turned and looked at me in surprise.

"Strange. You're up early. Did you fall and hit yourself anywhere, or did you eat poisoning or something?"

"Ha ha, very funny mom. I just have to get to school to take care of some business."

She winked at me and handed me a chocolate muffin, "Good luck with whatever you're planning."

"I never said I was planning anything."

Instead of answering, she shooed me out of the kitchen and ushered me out of the house. Taking a huge bite of the muffin, I walked to school and hurried towards Drake's locker.

Surveilling the hallways, I looked around for any signs of spectators. The coast was clear. Rushing over to Drake's locker, I swiftly dismantled his lock and eased his locker door open. Funny, I never thought I'd be hacking into Drake's locker for anything but food. What can I say? Things change. Quickly, I examined the shelves of his locker, pillaging through his stuff. Where was it?

Whipping out my cellphone, I dialled his phone number and waited for his phone's response. Mentally, I reminded myself to delete him from my contacts along with my Facebook.

A buzzing sound came from a dusty corner in the depths of his locker. Peering closer inside, I could vaguely make out a brown, mushy banana peel, vibrating. Bingo! Lifting up the rotten banana peel, I grabbed his phone, wiped off the banana grim from my hands, and placed it in my pocket with the crumpled note. Shutting the locker door back closed, I snapped the lock back on and grinned in success to myself.

My plan was in action!

-----------------------------------

Brooklyn's POV

I lay on my bed, tossing a tennis ball up in the air and catching it. It went up, and then came back down. Up, and then back down. Up, down; up, down.  Groaning in frustration, I threw the tennis ball at my bedroom window which Remy had come out of earlier. That dirty bastard had no idea what he was talking about. Drake wouldn't ever do that to me. Would he?

Sitting up in my bed, I tangled my fingers through my brown hair and tugged. What am I thinking? Of course Drake would never betray me. But how could I be so sure? Don't be stupid Brook, Remy's just messing with your head.

It's kind of funny. What disturbed me the most wasn't the face that the pictures were totally erotic. What disturbed me the most was the fact that Remy had actually been able to create them. I've seen that boy on a computer and the only thing he knew how to use were sports websites and Facebook.

---------------------------

Remy's POV

During lunch, Drake approached me wearing an anxious expression on his face.

"Dude. Have you seen my phone? I can't find it anywhere!"

"Sorry man. I haven't seen any phone lying around. I'll tell you if I see one though. By the way, can you meet me at the library after school today?"

"Yea, sure, whatever." Sucker! He stalked off without even bothering to ask why I wanted to meet him.

Once he had left view of my eyes, I took out his phone and scrolled through his contact list. I selected Brook and sent her a quick message.

*meet me @ the library rite after skool*

I got a quick text back.

*Kk. But y?*

*u'll c after skool*

Placing the phone back into my pocket, I headed off to my next class. It wasn't long until the final bell rang and school ended. I raced over to the library, ready to expose Drake for the fraud he is.

-------------------------------

I'd been sitting in the library for what felt like forever. I was just about to leave, thinking that they had both forgotten, when Drake finally showed up.

"Dude, I still can't find my phone. My mom's gonna kill me. Aah, anyway, what did you need me for?"

Directly behind him, I could see Brooklyn casually strolling towards the area we were standing in. Spotting us, she hid behind a bookshelf and watched. Using my eyes, I signalled to her to stay quiet and watch. She seemed to get the message. Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out his phone and tossed it at Drake.

"Hey! You found it! Man, I owe you big time!"

"Since you owe me, why don't you explain this." Taking out the crumpled paper, I threw it at his feet. He bent down and picked it up, scanning it quickly. His expression remained straight.

"So, you know huh?"

"You could say that. What I really wanna know though, is, how did you do it and why?"

He smirked, "It's actually really simple. I took computer classes during the summer and I learned all about virus's and putting porn on the internet. 'Why?' you ask. Because I want Brook to be mine."

I peered behind him to see Brook's shocked expression then locked eyes with him, all in a second. "That's really great Drake, but it still doesn't make any sense. What do I have to do with this? Why frame me?"

Chuckling, he answered back, "You don't get it do you? You're the only one standing between me and Brook."

"I-I-I can't believe this."

He whisked his head around to come face to face with Brook emerging from the bookshelf. His face paled over.

I inspected Brook's face to realize that she wasn't crying. Her eyes were simply hollow, dark shells drowned in pain.

"Bastard," I whispered before slugging him in the nose. He stood his ground and held his nose, now dripping with crimson blood. Brooklyn slowly walked up to him and looked him dead in the eye. I shivered. If looks could kill...

Suddenly, Drake was on the ground clutching his eye. It took me a moment to figure out that Brook had punched the perv in the eye. Now that was going to leave a mark.

Throughout this whole ordeal, Brooklyn hadn't shed a single tear. Now, as she turned around and took a step forward, she collapsed to the floor, sobbing her eyes out. Her hair fell across the front of her face and her shoulders shook violently.

In a flash, I gathered her into my arms and held her against my chest. Gently, I brushed aside stray hair that clung to her sweaty forehead, as I rubbed her back and offered soothing words. I felt that if I held her any tighter, she would break. She didn't deserve this pain.

--------------------

Brooklyn's POV

I couldn't believe it. My worst nightmare had come true. I had been betrayed. Drake had betrayed me.  I was so shocked, I couldn't even cry. Instead, I had turned my sadness into anger and leashed it out on Drake by punching him in the eye. Damn did it feel good. But once he was knocked out and I had turned around to leave, the anger turned back to sadness. It was such an immense wave of emotions that I could barely step before collapsing to the floor. Finally, the tears came out.

---------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 146 38
Maggie was an average girl. She got her work done on time, got good grades, and never got in trouble. She wasn't popular, but that's how she liked it...
1 0 1
Two high school seniors, he is an intelligent young black straight-A student who loves to play basketball and cook named Teddy and she is a bright yo...
The Bet By Angela

Teen Fiction

149K 3.8K 33
Who could ever think that because of a football game you could find true love? Well Jason Parker wouldn't. He is the schools hottie, captain of the s...
84.6K 2.2K 17
"How much of that did you hear?" "Everything after 'he's in the guest bedroom' " Great, that means he heard it all. Maybe im not prepared for this...