Teaser Chapter Twelve: Happy Ever After?

Hey guys!! OK so i felt pretty bad about the cliff hanger thing...so I decided to put the rest of the chappie on...Well I'm not gonna post a long A/N SO HERE IT IS!!!

--------------------------

Chapter Twelve: Happy Ever After?

"Shit," I swore loudly.

"Aww Brook. Is that anyway to treat the love of your life?"

"Love of my life your ass. Don't screw with me Jake."

There standing in front of me, stood my ex-boyfriend who had broken my heart. We had met during the summer when I had went down to my parents beach house for vacation. I still remember the day I had first seen him, hanging out with all of his friends on a dock.

--------------------

He had curly long, blond locks, with jade green eyes. I had been sitting in the sand alone, staring at them. Then, the most magical thing I had ever experienced happened.

He had turned around, and his jade eyes had pierced through mine and seemed to reach the depths of my soul. With that one look, I had lost control of myself. My breathing began to grow heavy and faster, and my heart was racing like crazy. He only broke off the gaze when this chick next to him had tapped his shoulder.

I knew how much his gaze had impacted me when he had taken his eyes away. I felt empty when he had turned around. I longed for him to look back, run over to me and talk to me. I had never felt this way in my life.

After that incident, all i could think, or dream about was him. His jade eyes haunted my dreams for a week. It was as if another half of me was missing. Gone from my body.

When I visited the beach again at the end of the week, I saw him there, sitting in the sand. My heart's beat quickened like it had done once before, and I could feel the beads of sweat dripping down my forehead. Swallowing the salty ocean air, I took a step and began to approach him.

I was metres away from him when I stopped walking. My feet had frozen in the sand while the ocean breeze blew around me and through my hair. My mind was flooded with horrible thoughts. Why would he talk to me? I wasn't special. I had been bullied for all of my life. I was average, hell I was below average. If this was the animal kingdom, I'd be at the bottom of the food chain.

Fear washed through my body, and I wrapped my arms around myself shivering. Lifting a shaking leg, I began to back up, scared.

"It's really nice out. Wanna join me?"

He looked up at me, with his golden curly locks flying through the wind. His jade eyes bore down into my soul. That was all it took. Hesitantly, I stepped towards him and sat down. I made sure to distance myself from him when I sat in the sand.

He stared straight forward into the ocean, while I stared at him. The light from the ocean reflected into his eyes, causing them to sparkle. He turned slowly and held my gaze. My heart stopped and the breath in my throat caught. Blushing, I turned and faced the sand, letting my hair cover my face.