Chapter Three: Breaking Point

-------------

Brooklyn's POV

The war had begun. Remy and I had been battling it out for weeks. From pantsing Remy in class, the pranks had gradually progressed from hanging my underwear on the flag pole, to vandalizing each others merchandise. I'd giving his car a brand new paint job which I seriously thought was an improvement. Seriously, Remy should be thanking me for what I did to his car.

I'd spray painted the hood of his car dark blue with the words, "I'm a gay monkey" in light green spray paint across the dashboard. Next to my poetic words, I had drawn a stick monkey holding a peace sign. In return, Remy had totally destroyed my locker. There was a dent the size of a golf ball in the middle of my locker and written on the top were the words, "I got balls". I can tell you I wasn't so happy when I'd seen that. Not to mention his lack of poetic justice.

----------------------

After school, I had conspired with Drake to get back at Remy. So far, we had come up with nothing. Well, Drake had offered a few ideas, but I had turned them down saying they weren't big enough. I wanted it to be huge. The talk of the century; newspaper worthy.

After I had said good bye to Remy, I had headed home and charged up to my room. Curling up into a tiny tight ball in the middle of my soft comfy bed, I fell asleep to the sound of Like Magic by JRDN on the radio drifting through my ears. Smiling, I dreamt a peaceful dream about embarrassing Remy so bad he moved half way across the country. Now that's what I call beautiful.

-----------------------

I woke up the next day feeling like I was floating on cloud 9. I felt like nothing could stop me on my mission to destroy Remy's life, or just embarrass him in front of the entire student body.

I dressed up in my regular "bad girl" attire and ran the whole way to school waving at random cars, because I could. I'd nearly gotten into a car crash, but had just managed a narrow escape. I had simply smiled up at the guy who I had nearly collided into who was shooting me dirty looks and cussing at me. Realizing that his bad mood wasn't about to get any better, I skipped off towards school, giggling to myself.

I couldn't wait to see Drake. I had a brainstormed a handful of ideas to embarrass Remy with and I could barely keep from blurting them out.

Immediately when I walked into the school, I knew something was up. People stared at me with looks of disgust on their faces. What? Did I have something on my face? Storming to my locker, I checked my profile, but found nothing wrong. What was up with these people? Oh well I guess everyone can't be as happy as me all the time.

When I walked by a group of preppy cheerleaders, I saw one of them curl her lips up at me and whisper, 'slut'. What the hell was going on? Sure I dressed like a bad girl, but it didn't mean I slept around.

As I walked through the halls to my class, terrible words filled my ears. 'Slut', 'whore', 'hole in one'. Anything they could come up with. By now, tears were starting to sneak their way into my eyes. Why were they calling me this? Did I do something wrong?

A vibration from my pocket caused me to snap out of my thoughts. Fumbling my phone out of my pocket, I flipped it open to see a text from Drake.

*Meet @ the computer lab asap. something I need 2 show u.*