Chapter One: Remy, Meet Nerd

This chapter is dedicated to Iismiile for this awesome book cover she gave me!!! Thanks a bunches! Check out her stories cuz they are AMAAAAZING!!!

Chapter One- Remy, Meet Nerd.

-------------------

Brooklyn POV

This is great, I thought to myself while spreading my arms out; ignoring sideways glances from onlookers. Look all you want suckers, but no one can mess up my mood.

A new school. A new life. I could get used to this.

Adjusting my glasses on the bridge of my nose, I smoothed my plaid skirt, and double checked that my white shirt was tucked in. I tightened the messy brown ponytail on my head and grinned flashing my pearly whites. Yup! Perfect-o!

Hustling into the school, I made my way to the front desk and picked up my schedule. Glancing down at my watch, I checked the time. Awesome! Thirty minutes until my first class. Doing a couple fist pumps in the air, I earned more questioning looks from students around me.

Observing the hallways, I saw a sign that caught my full and undivided attention in seconds. I swear I heard trumpets.

THE LIBRARY!

I can't remember the last time I had stepped foot into a library. It was simply a vague memory lost within the days of bullying and pain.

But this is a new day. A new life. Don't worry library, mommies coming back!!

With a hop in my step, I gayfully rushed into the library.

Holy freakin' fudgeballs! This school sure knew how to use money and dang was it money well spent. Twirling through the aisles of books, I giggled and sighed in bliss. Now this was heaven.

Once I had finished my nerdy episode, I scouted around for a comfy spot to sit. Plopping down in a bean bag chair by a window, I pulled a thick novel from my backpack, and immersed myself into the Victorian story.

I was withdrawn from my aisle of paradise by a familiar voice that sent shivers up and down my spine.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here? Why, isn't that Glasses? Finally returned to school I see."

God no. Not here. Not now.

Slowly, I lifted my head up to look into the face of the guy who had caused me so much pain and suffering for almost all of my life.

Remy.

"Still a bookworm I see. I guess some things just don't change. God, I almost feel bad for all the things I did to you back then."

I looked up at him in shock. I couldn't help noticing that he looked the exact same. The same golden hair, ocean blue eyes. The only difference was the fact that his body was totally ripped and his face was more grown up. All in all, he was pretty hot, but there was no way I was going to say that aloud any time soon.

He smirked at my expression. "Who am I kidding. It was a whole hell of fun."

All I could do was sit there, dazed. How could this be happening? All my dreams of a happy school year, gone. The books, the library, the classes, the library, the freedom, the LIBRARY; all slipped through my fingers. How did something so perfect, end up so crappy? What the hell was Remy even doing in a library? I didn't even know he knew they existed, yet alone know what a book was.

Fingers snapped in front of me, jolting me from my daze, causing me to gasp. Remy stood inches away from my face. I could feel his hot breath on my cheek.