The Prince's FiancΓ©e | βœ”

By XclusivelyA

*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, El... More

Author's Note
About The Kingdom of Crysauralia
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 Pt. 1
Chapter 52 Pt. 2
Epilogue
Author's Note
Q&A
Release Date for Book 3
EXTRA SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Cover Reveal
Special Announcement

Chapter 26

21.9K 1.1K 578
By XclusivelyA

Chapter 26 is dedicated to smallwritingbean and Aiyra_isha and AliBorrowMySorrow

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

I recognized that voice— the polite, observant voice that belonged to Jackson.

He stepped out of the shadows and the light finally illuminated his face, confirming my guess. I glanced behind him, half expecting Malekh to pop out too.

“I’m alone,” Jackson said, as if reading my thoughts.

“Jackson… we’ve come to escort you back to Crysauralia,” CaVaughn informed him.

“I left because I wanted to,” Jackson explained patiently. “I have no intention of coming back with you.”

There was something off. I glanced around and I was sure CaVaughn must have noticed it too. Jackson wasn’t surprised. It was like he was expecting us, as if he came to greet us himself.

I wondered if Jun had been right about an ambush. I winced as another piercing cry cut through the night. CaVaughn kept his gaze leveled at Jackson.

My mind flashed to Kristof and Raúl’s team. I couldn’t bear the thought of any of them getting hurt.

“I apologize for your injuries, Elizabeth,” Jackson said, turning to me. “But this was the best way. I’m sorry for using you.”

“What are you talking about?” CaVaughn growled, taking a step forward.

“It was the quickest way for me to join the Spade Kingdom.”

“What are you saying?” I whispered. “We want you to come back with us. Everyone does.”

“I can’t come back yet,” he sighed. “I have to stay here.”

“What do you mean you have to? Are you a prisoner or something?” CaVaughn hissed.

This was one of the rare times I saw CaVaughn really animated. He really cared more about Jackson than he had let on.

“No, your highness.”

“Don’t call me that. We’re friends, aren’t we?”

“I’m a traitor of your kingdom and you still think of me as your friend? I’m touched, but as a prince, that is not how you should think of me. Wrong choice.”

“Don’t lecture me,” CaVaughn scoffed. “Or at least come back to your own kingdom and do it. Maybe I’d listen to you then.”

“I can’t go back now,” Jackson said, placing emphasis on now. “There’s still a lot to do here.”

I glanced behind us, wondering why Jun was taking so long to catch up to us. He had seemed confident in his ability to take down the front guards. Maybe we shouldn’t have let him go alone.

“Is this about Grace?”

A pang of pain flashed across Jackson’s face but he quickly concealed it. “It’s not just about her. I have my own reasons too.”

“Are we going to have to fight?” CaVaughn asked bitterly.

Jackson glanced at the ground. “Can you trust me?”

“What?” we both asked in unison.

“Trust me,” he repeated. “Malekh will not go back on his word. Crysauralia has three years to prepare and you don’t want to take them lightly.”

Another shout sounded and this time, CaVaughn glanced to the left with a frown.

“As you may have realized, they have what it takes to defeat you.”

“There’s a scent I don’t recognize,” CaVaughn said hesitantly. “What is it?”

Who is it?” Jackson corrected. He glanced back at the darkness. “They’re different. The legends were true.”

“What legends?”

“I’ll let you know soon,” he said, glancing back into the darkness again. “This is the most I can do for the kingdom right now.”

“You’re a double agent,” I muttered.

“You will need somebody on the inside.”

“You’re always thinking of the kingdom no matter what, huh?” CaVaughn sighed. “I know it’s hurting you to do this.”

“It has to be done. I deserted Crysauralia and I’m not coming back until all of this is over.”

“We’ll find a way to beat the Spade Kingdom some other way. I still have a mission to carry out and it’s to take you back.”

“I will not go willingly,” Jackson warned.

CaVaughn scoffed. “You’re so f*cking stubborn.”

“Language,” Jackson chided before he could stop himself.

“As I said before, if you want to act like my advisor then come back to your kingdom. Your rightful kingdom. Your parents are worried about you.”

Jackson narrowed his eyes. “Even if I do this to help the kingdom of Crysauralia, don’t be relieved. I’ll come back and accept my punishment, but I’m done with the kingdom.”

“Don’t say that.”

Jackson laughed drily. “I thought that it could change. I wanted it to change and I thought that if I worked hard with the royal family then things would be different. Do you know what kind of deal your brother made with Malekh? The reason why she’s like this now?” He motioned to my cast.

“I know,” CaVaughn answered roughly. “But he’s learnt his lesson and she forgives him.”

“I sincerely hope that three years will be enough,” Jackson sighed. “But right now, this place is what I need. They understand my pain better than anyone else.”

CaVaughn winced at that.

“I wish I could be like you," Jackson continued. "I wish I didn't have to feel anything. Life is probably better when there’s no sensation to ruin it. A place where I don’t feel like I belong is not a home for me.”

“It’s been a while since we really talked,” CaVaughn mused. “To say I feel nothing when I’m standing right here is enough proof to say I can feel.”

“You can but you choose not to.”

“I’m saying this for the last time. You're a noble, a Beta of Crysauralia. On the orders of the Alpha, you must return to the Kingdom of Crysauralia.”

“Out of curiosity, which Alpha are you talking about?”

“It doesn’t matter which Alpha it’s from. Orders are orders.”

“All I get from Alphas are orders,” Jackson said as he came closer to us. “I don’t feel like following that one.”

CaVaughn growled, anger electrifying in his eyes.

“Now, now. Let’s not start a fight, Jackson. I let you greet our guests so why are you being so rude?”

Oh no. Chills ran down my spine at the velvety voice that floated to us.

Scenario one: Malekh would be with Jackson.

Well, now they were together. Malekh stepped out of the shadows with his usual calm smile as if placating children who had gotten into an argument.

His onyx eyes flashed to mine, and my mind revisited the time I had spent with him.

“Elizabeth.” He smiled widely. “I've missed you.”

CaVaughn moved to stand in front of me and Malekh frowned at that.

“I won’t hurt her again, CaVaughn. I’ve realized how breakable humans are.”

I grimaced and then he smiled again. “What a nice reunion. If Ashton was here it would feel just like old times. Why isn’t he with your team?”

My breath hitched in my throat as I realized that he knew that multiple teams were here. They weren’t surprised in the least. I glanced back furtively, but Jun was still nowhere to be seen.

Another yell echoed across the hall.

“I’m leaving,” Jackson muttered, walking away from us.

He shot me and CaVaughn a meaningful glance, reminding us of his plan. His loyalty was immense. Even while hating the kingdom, he was still trying to find a way to protect it.

CaVaughn growled, but Jackson had already dissolved into the shadows.

Scenario two: Malekh would be alone- Bad.

Jun’s warnings and orders were ringing in my mind. If we encountered Malekh alone, we would retreat. My whole purpose of being here was to distract him from Jackson, and that was no longer necessary.

Although Ashton and CaVaughn had reported that Malekh had no unique abilities, Jun still felt like he was missing something. His instincts were telling him not to trust Malekh even for a second. He knew that he was capable of something dangerous, but he didn’t know exactly what that was.

“Jackson can be so cold,” Malekh smiled apologetically.  “But three’s still a party.” He eyed my injuries. “Why did you come tonight?” he murmured.

“We came to escort Jackson back to his kingdom,” CaVaughn grunted, trying to contain his anger. "His rightful kingdom."

“He doesn’t want to go back to that place. He sought me out on his own and offered himself as a member.”

“And you accepted a rogue. What high standards you have.”

“He’s not a rogue anymore, so does it really matter? I don’t turn away friends in need.”
His eyes flashed to me again, and I took a cautionary step back as he came forward.
“You’re still so appetizing.”

I eyed him warily as CaVaughn pulled me back.

“If you've changed your mind about coming to us, we’d love to accept you,” he said hopefully.

“Not a chance,” I scoffed.

“I thought so. She didn’t see you joining today. But then again, she rarely sees what she’s supposed to.”

“Cyrena?” I asked before I could stop myself.

“Yes,” he said, narrowing his eyes at me. “I see you picked up on my hint about her.”

“Hint?” I asked incredulously. “I was barely conscious. It’s a wonder I even remembered anything about her.”

“But you remembered,” he pointed out. “Not that it will change anything.”

I scowled at him. “So what? Can she see into the future or something?”

“That is her power.”

I stared at him skeptically. Did he really expect me to believe that?

CaVaughn pulled me closer to him. “Do all the Origens around you have unique abilities?”

“I didn’t say she was an Origen.”

“Then what is she?”

“Something you’ve only heard of in legends. But never mind that. For now, it’s time to test it out.” His teeth glinted ominously in the light.

CaVaughn took a step back. We had to take a strategic approach if we were going to leave this hallway in one piece.

Malekh observed us unimpressed. “You know that you won’t be able to run, so don’t even try.”
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies! Thanks for reading!

Jackson is working as a double agent! Did you see that coming?

And now Malekh has appeared! What could his intentions be?

Will Elizabeth and CaVaughn be able to leave unscathed?

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.3K 1.9K 21
This is book 1 of the Purponivia series ~~~Ranked #2 in planet and #3 in alienplanet ~~~ The Purponivian planet needs females to help their race to...
265K 5.9K 43
It was all supposed to be a normal day for Camilla. But the shocking news of wedding the Prince of Jade Kingdom wasn't something she had in mind. Thr...
566K 20.4K 49
The story of a werewolf king and a hybrid vampire. β€’ KING β€’ || a supreme ruler, sovereign over a nation or a territory, of higher rank than any othe...
3.5K 171 7
The is now a SAMPLE ONLY. The story will continue EXCLUSIVELY on AnyStories. "Hello little one" came a booming voice, deep and sultry that made my s...