Her Single Rose (Remus Lupin)

By Taylor510658

She's a Slytherin, smart, sly, and cunning. But most of all Aries was a Black. Aries Meredith Black was the t... More

Cast
Cast Part Two
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
A/N
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Eighty-One
Eighty-Two
Eighty-three
Eight-four
Eighty-five
Eighty-six
Eight-Seven
Eighty-Eight
Authors Note
Eighty-Nine
Ninety
Ninety-One
Authors Note
Cast- Everything I Do

Seven

8.1K 211 70
By Taylor510658

You're beautiful, so I can imagine.

Those stupidly kind words had been swirling in Aries mind for the past few days, whether it was wondering during classes or tutoring. James had yet to catch on, but she was rather distracted sometimes during their sessions.

She had used her make up kit to cover the bruises that had still been present on her body and used her lotion to keep her skin soft. The long pink scar from the week before were healing well, but the memory of that day made Aries sigh.

She thought she was over it, the scratching. And whenever she thought of it Aries would look in the mirror. Every time she would look at specific bruises on her body she would feel pained, remembering what had happened.

But when she replayed Lupins words over and over in her head, a smile would always fall over her expression, no matter how she had been feeling previously.

"Mere, Mere, Meredith..Aries..." Lily's hand waved in front of the girls face.

"Sorry, what's up." Aries shook out of her daze and glanced back toward Lily and Alice. The four had decided on a picnic by the black lake since Saturday had arrived. Marlene had stripped and already jumped into the black lake for a cold swim.

"Whats been on your mind? You've been cold turkey for days now." Lily asked making Alice and Aries give her a strange look.

"Did you just call me a...turkey?" Aries asked with confusion written all over her face.

Lily giggled, "it's an expression, like raining cats and dogs." Aries brow furrowed deeper at that.

Alice shook her head, "I think what Lily is trying to say is, you've been quiet. More than usual."

"And daydreaming." Lily added.

"It's only because she had a little conversation with Remus Lupin a few days ago." Marlene walked over with a towel tied around her.

Alice and Lily stopped what they were doing and looked eyes wide at Aries for confirmation while the girl glared at Marlene.

"You little spy." Aries prepared herself as the Gryffindors shrieked.

"OH MY GODRIC-"

"I KNEW it!"

"DID HE ASK YOU OUT"

"He's been checking you out ever since school started!"

Aries rolled her eyes at her friends and merely shrugged, "he did and I said no."

The three stared speechless at the raven haired girl before Marlene gained her tongue.

"Why in Salazars name WOULD YOU DO SUCH A BLOODY DUMB THING!" Marlene stood back up bringing Aries with her.

"You know I can't-"

"Rubbish." Alice shook her head.

"Pardon?" Aries furrowed her brow at her brunette friend.

"Rubbish." Alice stood with Lily, "you deserve love and Remus is the perfect man for you Aries." The raven haired girl stilled slightly at the use of her first name. She could see how much Alice meant her words.

"You keep saying you can't and that it just won't work. But I think that's the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. You both have too much in common and have flirted indirectly for too long to say it won't work." Lily agreed.

Aries gave Marlene a look, but her friend shook her head, "I understand you're scared of what your parents will do when they find out, but isn't that just all the more reason for you to leave?"

"Is that what's holding you back from Remus? Your parents?" Alice asked. Aries looked down at her feet.

"You don't understand. If they found out..." Aries shook her head not even wanting to think on the consequences that would come of a relationship with a half blood.

"Then we won't let them find out." Lily shrugged, but still Aries shook her head.

"It's not that simple and it's not possible. Not yet anyway." Aries ended the conversation there and made her way back into the castle.

__________

"Hello ladies." Potter said as he sat beside Aries with a smirk. Marlene had found Aries in the dining hall and by then, dinner had already begun.

The two blinked.

"What do you want." Aries asked him after a few moments of silence. "Don't just sit there looking like a potato, speak or leave." She told him in annoyance.

"What's with the cold shoulder, today. Someone's grumpy." He teased, though sensing Aries rather upset expression he backed down from his joking self for a moment.

"What's up with you?" He asked softly.

"I don't think he understands that Slytherins hate Gryffindors. Plus half the table is glaring at him right now." Marlene said as she at a piece of her bacon.

James ignored the girl and the scowling stares until Avery came over with Mulciber.

"Potter, you might need to get your eyes checked, your table is that way." Mulciber snapped.

"Is this one bothering you, darling." Avery asked coming up behind Aries.

The girl only sighed, "Avery, call me darling again and that wand of yours will be broken by nightfall and no I won't classify which one. Mulciber, leave the boy alone. He was just leaving." Aries gritted her teeth.

"We wouldn't want to leave a scene now would we." Marlene urged Potter away, though before anyone could speak another word, three others walked over from the Gryffindor table.

"What've we got here, Blood traitor, book worm, and quiet mouse." Avery snarled in delight.

Aries stood up abruptly, she grabbed her book bag as Marlene followed.

"I'd love to stay in the middle of this rivalry but right now, you're all acting like a bunch of second years. Grow up." Aries sighed and headed out of the great hall followed by Marlene and now two other girls.

"Stop looking at my sister like that." Sirius snapped at Avery.

"Like what." Avery said innocently.

"Like you're undressing her with your eyes, it's really obvious." James rolled his eyes boredly.

"So what, what are you gonna do about it?" Avery asked as a few other Slytherin got up and stood beside Avery.

"Judging by your looks, not much." Sirius sneered gaining a chuckle from James.

That was enough for Avery to start the fight.

__________

How Aries wound up in Dumbledore study, she didn't know, but from the four male Gryffindors standing along with her, it was an easy guess.

"Might I ask why exactly I'm here?" Aries asked in a bored tone.

"Miss Black-"

"It's Meredith." Aries cut off Dumbledore with an icy glare. Being called Aries reminded her enough of her parents, she didn't need a deeper reminder with her last name.

"Meredith, you were the cause of the scene, which is why you are here. For the rest of you, a fight in the middle of the dining hall is not to be tolerated." Dumbledore spoke softly while peeking over his spectacles.

A series of "yes, professor"s were chorused among the four, yet Aries could tell not one meant it. In fact, they all looked rather proud of themselves.

"Though you are not in my office for scolding, that is up to your head of house, Professor McGonagall. You are in my office for another cause. Mister Avery has contacted his father whom filed a complaint and sent them to each of your parents individually."

Aries stilled. Her body subconsciously sat up in alert. She barely heard the boys deflate and groan at the news. If her parents knew about the fight and that she had been involved, no matter how much or at all, there would be punishment.

Not a single letter

There wouldn't be any breaks or holidays home for a bit, which only meant Aries had to prepare in case her parents decided to show up and take her home for a couple days.

"Now, I myself was sent a complaint by the Avery's and it was rather overemphasized on the situation-"

Oh dear Salazar.

"Which is why I will be sending a new letter to each of your parents to properly explain what happened."

Aries shook her head while the boys nodded, "that won't be necessary, Professor." Her voice came out stronger than anticipated, more so than how her body felt at the moment.

"I'm sure my parents will know better than to assume Avery's words as truth." Aries lie was delicately formed, making one frown.

"I'd still like that letter, Professor." James grinned awkwardly making everyone chuckle, except Aries.

"Very well, Meredith, that will be all."

With that, Aries left the room in a heartbeat. She needed to think and figure out how she could avoid this whole mess once her parents found out.

But of course there was never a way to avoid it.

"Mere!" A voice called to her from behind, footsteps following her down the corridor towards the dungeons.

She slowed but didn't stop, "Aries can you stop and look at me for a second." His voice grew aggravated until she finally stopped and turned.

Fuming grey eyes met her matching set.

"Why don't you want Dumbledore to send them a letter. It might be better if he does." Sirius spoke softer, it was the first time in a long time that he had even spoken to his sister.

She had changed since the night he left. Became quiet and dark. Her eyes held more emotion than they used to. He wasn't sure if she was trying to hide it or just didn't even care anymore.

"You should know better than anyone. Not a single letter." Aries turned away and headed once more towards the dungeons leaving him feeling helpless for his twin sister.

While he would be shown mercy in his new home, she would still be guilty, and he could no longer do anything to help.
__________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

872K 34.7K 45
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
45.3K 1.3K 16
- in which 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇 of Hufflepuff House stumbles through her final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, playing big siste...
132K 3.7K 53
"YOU, WINNIFRED BLACK, ARE EXTRAORDINARY. WITH ONE TEAR, YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE." cedric diggory x fem!oc to fred weasley x fem!oc
750K 17.1K 38
"Is it really shocking to you that you managed to knock her up, Padfoot?" "I'm a saint." Sirius joked. "Say that to the baby growing inside of me." ...