Giddy up Cowboy

By Blu_Butterfli

(boyxboy) Brayden Mathews and his friends head west to spend the summer with his Grandma Lily. Little did the... More

Giddy up Cowboy
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 19

5.6K 274 1
By Blu_Butterfli

I had gotten up with Devon this morning. He decided he was working til noon and then would come be with me so when Thad got here around two he would be home. I cleaned the whole house from top to bottom and started a roasted chicken with some left over veggies I had picked the other day and potatoes. I had it on low so it would cook slow but still be done by dinner or super time. Then I made pizza bagels for lunch and some homemade raspberry tea. Hammy was running around playing in the kitchen while I did all the cooking. I decided to make finger sandwiches and some sweets for when Thad showed up. Nana yelled at me but Andy pulled her out of the kitchen telling her that I needed to do this or I would go nuts.

At noon everyone came in to eat. The food was gone and so was the workers by one. Devon went up to shower and change while I cleaned up. I needed to get changed myself so I headed up to join him when I was finished. Unfortunately he was out of the shower before I got up there so I jumped in really quick and found him in our room when I went to get dressed.

"Calm down baby, he isn't anyone to get yourself worked up over." He said. Is he kidding? Thad is my sperm donor. I need to show this assmunch that he fucked up and left a good kid behind. I am the best of the best bitches. Fuck you and the whore you rode in on for leaving me asshole.

"I will calm down when he leaves. And you are going to make sure of it." I said deciding kissing him was way better then freaking out right now. 

"Get dressed it's almost two." He said turning my hard on to a mush and making my nerves jump up ten fold.

"Thanks, I needed that." I said sarcastically. 

"I know you did. And now I will leave you to get ready." He said with a wink.

I got dressed in a pair of my nice skinny's and a button up shirt that brought out the color of my eyes. I found my favorite chucks and made sure my hair was perfect before adding just enough smell goods. When I got downstairs Devon and Nana were already talking to someone so I went to the kitchen and started getting a tray ready. I knew it was him they were talking to but I figure he could wait while I did what I needed to. I waited for him for years but he never came back. Okay so I didn't really wait but that is besides the point.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself before entering the den. I didn't say anything I just walked in and placed the tray with all the food and drinks on the coffee table and took a seat next to Devon and across from Thad.

"Sorry for the wait, I brought in some snacks and some raspberry tea." I said pointing to the food.

"Thanks, Brayden." Nana said smiling at me.

"Yeah, this looks really good." Thad said pouring himself some tea and taking a couple of the finger sandwiches.

"So now that we all have refreshments shall we get this started. Hello, my name is Brayden Mathews." I said holding my hand out to Thad.

"I know who you are boy. I am your father." Thad said.

"Do you know who I am? Because I sure as hell don't know you. We maybe blood related but you are a stranger to me. If my Nana hadn't told me who you were I wouldn't have known if we would have met on the streets." I said honestly.

"Well I guess you are right. I really don't know you." He said looking a little ill. I promise I didn't poison him. I didn't.

"I am not trying to be an ass or anything....

"Watch your tongue boy." He snapped.

"Okay, For one, I might be your son but you gave up the right as my father the day you walked out the door. And for two, I will talk how ever I feel." I said. "As I was saying, I am not trying to be an ass but YOU don't know me so please don't try to act like you do or that you have any say over me. I am 18 so you don't have to worry about me." I said making sure he go my point.

"You sure are a cocky little shit. The rumors going around town are right about you. Your mouth is going to get you in trouble boy." He said.

"What the hell is it with this boy business? And I am only cocky when I am forced to be." I said.'

"Well according to Mr. Glenn and his boys you have a mouth that just doesn't know when to stay shut." He said he was pissing me off and by the looks I was getting from Devon and Nana they were getting there also.

"You know friends have issues with my life style that is there problem not mine. I am gay and proud to be that way. I am also not going to let someone bully me or talk down to me. Just because I am gay doesn't make me less of a man. I will take care of what is mine and I refuses to allow closed minded people talk shit about me or my family." I said with a little anger in my voice.

"I heard you was one of those fairy's can't say I agree with it but it's your life not mine. The Glenn boys are good boys and ones dating your little sister." He said i was trying to ignore the fairy comment.

"Yeah her boyfriend was hitting on a friend of mine the first time I got into it with them. And if they are good boys then I am a Angel from heaven above." I spat.

"Jesse might have flirted but he would never mess around behind your sister's back. Enough about them tell me a little about yourself." He said looking smug.

"Well let's see. I graduated top in my class, I have a full scholarship at the college here and I am in a relationship with a really great guy. I have worked hard for everything I have so that my mom didn't have to and I like to cook." I said.

"You an amazing cook." Nana said very proud of me.

"Is that so, well I wouldn't mind trying some of this amazing food." He said taking a bite out of a cookie.

"You have been eating it since the tray was placed on the table." Devon said. Thad looked shocked. There was nothing special about the food. Yes the sweets were home made and the bread was but that was it.

"So tell me about you what have you been doing since you left?" I asked. Yes I said it deal.

"I know you are pissed because I did leave and you have ever right too be. But I wasn't happy so I left before I made everyone else unhappy. I came home and worked the ranch met my wife now and as soon as the divorce went through from your momma I married her and we had Kate, Kent and Lane.  I think you would like Mary she is the sweetest little lady I have ever meant. And the kids once I tell them about you I am sure they will want to meet you also. Kate might already know but I haven't told the others yet. You see your momma and I were to much a like she is just as pig headed as me and she is also strong willed." He said chuckling.

"So you needed someone that would do as you say kind of thing. My momma isn't one to back down and do something just because someone says too." I said.

"Mary dosen't do everything I say she is just happier being a house wife and mother. Your mom worked, went to school raised you and that was all she did." He said.

"Well she is an amazing person who loves her job and taught me to be independent. I think it might be a Cowell thing." I said smiling at Nana.

"I think your right, Bray." She said laughing.

"She is so much like her daddy it is unreal." Thad said laughing.

"I must take after you." I said to Nana.

"I think your right again." She said laughing.

"I can't believe how much you look like me. I mean my other kids look like me but when you were younger you looked just like your momma." Thad said.

"Well then people must think your hot because I know I am." I said brushing fake dust off my shoulder. That made everyone laugh.

"I would like to bring my wife and kids by soon. I would like for them to met you." Thad said after a long silence filled the room.

"I would like that. As long as there is no bullshit then I wouldn't mind getting to know the younger siblings in my life. When would you like to do this. I want to make sure my family can be here as well. I will cook a big meal." I said smiling.

"Either this weekend or next would be fine. We are going to Idaho for a couple weeks after that. I have some cattle I am bringing back." He said.

"We can't this weekend we are going camping." Devon said surprising me.

"So next Saturday then." Nana said.

"Okay what time?" He asked.

"We normally eat around six." I said.

"Same here." 

"Is there any food allergies?" I asked.

"No shell fish. Lane is my only kid that is allergic to anything. 

"I wouldn't make that kind of stuff anyways. I was thinking more of an down home meal like fried chicken, mash taters and stuff like that." I said.

"That sounds great everyone in my house loves that kind of stuff." He said.

"Now will it be just the five of you or are you going to invite your parents?" Nana asked. Thad turned green a little. I almost laughed out loud.

"Just the five of us for now." He said not going into why his parents weren't coming. They don't like me. Well join the fucking club. He he he. I love haters I really do.

"Okay so dinner for thirteen it is." I said smiling.

"Wow that is a lot do you think you can handle it?" Thad asked.

"Oh please, I can cook for hundreds if I needed too." I said waving my hand. That made Devon start laughing.

"Okay, well I need to get back to the TM I have supplies being delivered. Cooper is supposed to be there to help but he has been busy trying to find a permanent job." He said shaking his head and giving me an idea. I looked at Devon and he was smiling. Yep we are on the same page.

"I'll walk you out, Thad." Nana said.

"I would but I need to check on dinner or super what ever you call it." I said standing and gathering up the used dishes.

"What ever it is smells really good." He said.

"Roasted chicken, veggies and potatoes." I said smiling.

"Mouth watering" Devon said smiling at me.

"Well I guess I will see you in about a week and half." Thad said holding out his hand. I took it and shook it.

"Okay, and don't worry about bring anything, I will make everything needed." I said.

"Sounds good." He said before he and Nana walked out the door.

"You okay?" Devon asked once they were outside.

"I'm fine. I really don't know if I like him or not but I really don't know him. I know if he uses the word fairy to describe me I will end up telling him off." I said making him chuckle.

"I was shocked you let it go when he said it earlier." He said.

"I can't help his dumbassness, the only thing I can do is try and correct it from here on out." I said as we walked into the kitchen. I checked the chicken and added some homemade broth to the pan before turning up the heat a little.

"It does really smell good." Devon said from the fridge.

"It better." I said with a chuckle.

"So what do you want to do until dinner?" He asked.

"I give you three guesses and one hint, bottom boy." I said wiggling my eye brows at him.

I chased his sweet sexy ass up the stairs and into our room. We had two hours before dinner and I was going to need ever bit of that to ravish his sexy ass. But when we had just gotten started there was a knock at the door. Sweet Baby Jesus, really.

"Who is it?" I asked trying to put clothes back on and waiting for Devon to do the same.

"It's...um...Ford, is this a bad time?" He asked cracking up.

"It's fine, just give us a second." I said before sticking my tongue out at the door. BLOCKED. Ugh, you wait I will repay this ten fold.

"What's up?" Devon said opening the door.

"Well, I was kind of hoping that we could all get together so we can discus the camping trip." Ford said still chuckling.

"You interrupted or should I say cock block me to talk about camping?" I yelled.

"Well it is Wednesday and we would be leaving on Friday so I was thinking we would need tomorrow to get shit together." He said turning red.

"He's right we do need to talk about this." Devon said with a smile on his face. 

"Whatever, I am going to go talk to Nana while you two talk about camping." I said stomping out of the room. Men. Yeah I know I am a man but those two are like cavemen or something I am a thoughtful caring and nurturing man. I know that kind of spells GAY but I don't care.

"Nana, I think we should hire that Cooper kid." I said walking in to her office.

"The guy Thad was talking about?" She asked.

"Yep, that is the one. If he is looking for work and we are looking for someone to work then why not. I know he hangs with the Glenn idiots but he is really a good guy." I said.

"I will give him a call and have him come in for an interview. I know where he is staying." She said making a note of it on her paper.

"Thank you." I said smiling. 

"Your welcome, baby. Plus you have just as much say as I do when it come to who works here. My only question is how is he about you and Devon being gay?" She asked.

"I think he will fit right in with Devon and I." I said with a wink making her chuckle.

"I see, well as long as he doesn't cause you too any issues then I don't see a problem with it.

"If he even tried to come between us I would kick his ass." I said with as much fierceness as I could muster without laughing.

"I believe you." She said not even smiling at that. Awe she knows me. I would kick his ass if he tried anything with my man I don't care how big he is.

"Great well I need to go check dinner and then find out what is going on with the camping trip." I said.

"Devon taking you out by the lake or to the mountains edge?" she asked.

"Not sure, but it better be somewhere where Hammy can go." I said.

"Leave her here with me. I will watch her and make sure she is taken care of, out there she could become a meal. Just write down everything that you do with her but I will not give a pig a bath so make sure she is good and clean when you leave." She said. Awe she loves her four hoofed grandpig.

"Okay, thank you." I said kissing her cheek and skipping out of the office.

I went to the kitchen and checked dinner before I started writing out the care paper for Nana on Hammy. This was going to be an awesome weekend. But you bet your ass oh no bet Devon's ass I will be finishing what I started earlier, tonight. I love my bow legged cowboy.

____________________________________________________________________________

These last couple chapters have felt so short but it is almost over so I guess that is why. So how am I doing so far? I have another story already started I am actually on chapter 10 with it and have so many more ideas but I am not sure if I want to write anymore. Let me know what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 540 23
When Scott meets Alex will his life be changed? Will he finally be happy? Or will he fall back into the dark hole of depression that he had been spir...
2K 23 36
Evan has been in love with his co-worker, Ryan, for a very long time. Little does Evan know that Ryan feels the same way. When Evan learns this, he f...
17.1K 758 20
When Kellin and Vic are both struggling to deal with their own pasts, how will they deal with each other's when they discover they are literal soul m...
524 3 23
Rhydian has been doomed to spend the summer alone on a Western Ranch in Northern California. There, he meets Sam and Caleb, and his steep learning cu...